Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,866 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral (78609 Views)

Meet Kelechi Ndukwe, First Nigerian-American Naval Captain / Kafayat Sanni: Nigeria's First Female Fighter Pilot (Pictures) / How Much Does A Soldier Or A Naval Officer Earn In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by absoluteSuccess: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
Congrats, more women in high places.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Sirjamo: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
Great Women

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Allisgud: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
What is even the criteria to become a general self or is it just the normal algorithm
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2023
cool
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by samuoye(m): 1:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
KINDLY WATCH AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL AT
https://youtube.com/@samueloyeniyi9442
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Etranshub(m): 1:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
Wow cool feat

I make fantastic metal works ranging from iron roofing to handrails and many more.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Adakintroy: 1:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
Army generals who lived out their days in peace times should not get much accolades so they don't think they are the real deal. They more or less like us.

Respect to her still.
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by KingOfAllIgbos: 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2023
She can easily lead Biafran Army.

Victor Banjo led their Army because thr men love to hide under their bed in their wives skirts.

Imagine Simon Ekpa controlling men from continents away. grin
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by fk001(m): 1:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
Impeccable records. What an inspiration. I met then Brigadier-General Kale @ Military Hospital Ibadan in 1992 with my dad and was just whao with her impressive appearance and mien. The woman is just humble. Mods let's celebrate these great and amazing amazons who have blaze a trail for others to follow.

I am impressed there is still part of your brain that doesn't see everything based on tribal colouration

Nice one keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Machinegun91(m): 1:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
But they swear for them not to be beautiful?
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by seanfer(m): 1:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
priceactionx:

Woman of steel. If you mistankenly step on women like this in a mall and you just overlook them, and work away, your own don do, thinking they are just ordinary civilian. I witnessed one sometimes, and everyone knew the guy was wrong, but ego wont allow him apologize profusely, na simple call that day changed the whole story. Everywhere full red cap military within 10 mins. I no no wetin happen after that. as they carry the guy away and his GF. grin
Did Pastor adeboye school in UNN? I thought he schooled in ife and unilag.

I think Adeboye left UNN because of the War....
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by ruffhandu: 1:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
BIRTH AND EARLY DAYS
Born 54 years ago in Badagry, Lagos State (18th January, 1959), she is the first child in a family of four girls. She stated that her father raised her as a boy, and even at a tender age, she was already doing all the 'manly' chores in the house, such as repairing sockets and driving vehicles. She also talked of a superb childhood where everyone encouraged her to aim for the highest goals and achievements.

EDUCATION AND NAVAL TRAINING

In 1985, she graduated from the University of Nigeria (UNN), Nsukka, Enugu State where she read architecture, after which she worked for two years as an architect after which she went for her professional exams. After that, she made attempts to join the army but she was rejected as they told her there was no place for ladies in its engineering corps.
Disappointed and feeling dejected, it was until some one hinted her to try the Navy, where recruitment take place irregardless of the gender. Then she tried, got enlisted in 1985 and today, she is a Rear Admiral. She said in an interview with the Sun of the tough training:

The person who wrote this thing needs to be flogged twice, unless this piece was not written this year but in 2013, then he should be flogged once.

The second part is the bolded. Does it make sense?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by kestolove95(m): 1:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
Man still marry her put for house
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by ppogba: 1:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
Starhearts:
Pple should beware of diz number.
He called himself king Felix
He always claimed to have fixed odd on football betting.
Fooling pple to pay for games .

+234 812 455 3277

" He who does not take alcohol can never be drunk or be a drunkard".

I do not believe the guy call people randomly to sell fixed odds.
He goes after his clients who must have shown interest by one way or another.

All the same, thank you for informing Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
Shame on Nigeria shame...

I am suppose to be happy but.... see... only just one strong woman in mist of selfish useless men..

That can't see such woman work in such agencies..
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by obama99: 1:20pm On Jul 14, 2023
When you come from a medical line and line not. Related to combating. You may be lucky to climb to the top but when they notice this one wants to shine πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ na go you dey so... Fail your course and not be promoted twice in a row na fo be that
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Eriokanmi: 1:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
Let's celebrate these amazing women from the SW. Rising to a 2 star general or admiral is not a joke in the Nigerian military. Sorry I didn't include their contemporary from the NAF. Hope to do a thread on the first AVM in the NAF one day.

May the ladies of this generation learn from them. Not promoting nudity in the name of being woked. Mean- while Rear Admiral Mercy Ebom-Ekanem was the second to come up after rear Admiral Itunu in the Navy. Let's celebrate here too.
I know her very well. She served at the nigerian navy reference hospital in ojo, lagos for many years.
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by kingthreat(m): 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2023
Please we need to know how many boko haram or terrorists these women have killed in the battlefront.
Or better still, I want to see proof of them in the bushes at the battlefront against terrorism.
Untill then, they don't have my respect. Kudos to the real soldiers out there, exchanging fire and risking their lives for their country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by FireUpNow(m): 1:24pm On Jul 14, 2023
I give it to their husbands. Coping with a woman of this caliber is not easy.
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by EmmyMaestro(m): 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
Starhearts:
Pple should beware of diz number.
He called himself king Felix
He always claimed to have fixed odd on football betting.
Fooling pple to pay for games .

+234 812 455 3277
Am sure if they had told you not to petronise him maybe you will say we are blocking your way, oya naw see for yourself grin grin
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by enomakos(m): 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
Impressive
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by GambaOsaka: 1:25pm On Jul 14, 2023
Benny90:
You see those oduduwa offspring ehn ? They are Special people, that's how God made them... No matter how to hate them, backbite them, worry them, you will always be in their shadow... smiley

Which one be oduduwa offspring?
She is Nigerian that’s all that matters.
You’ll hardly see an Hausa man do this nonsense.
It’s usually Igbo Amaka or oduduwa amaka.

Funny thing is, the individuals being celebrated don’t have such ignorant views, but some dullards somewhere on nairaland will be ascribing achievers to certain tribes instead of working hard to be celebrated likewise.
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by modernWays: 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2023
Kobicove:
Has any of them beem to the war front before? grin

Don't mind them, waste of tax payer money. What is business of females in military if not for the nature that have been turn upside down.
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Chetas81(m): 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2023
WHERE ARE THOSE OLOSHO TO COME AND SEE 😝 INSTEAD OF HOOK UP HERE AND THERE, NIGERIAN WOMEN JUST DECIDED TO BE SLEEPING WITH MEN HERE AND THERE 😝IN THE NAME OF HUNGRY
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Chetas81(m): 1:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
absoluteSuccess:
Congrats, more women in high places.
olosho not among
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by absoluteSuccess: 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
Chetas81:
olosho not among

Ododo oro, na true talk.
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by MS247: 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2023
Even in the US Female General are not easy feature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos) / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.