Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,017 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral (78611 Views)

Meet Kelechi Ndukwe, First Nigerian-American Naval Captain / Kafayat Sanni: Nigeria's First Female Fighter Pilot (Pictures) / How Much Does A Soldier Or A Naval Officer Earn In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Rotentik19: 1:41pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
Whao! This woman is a proud lioness. Great to know there are great SWners who migrate to alaigbo like Pastor Enoch Adeboye, Rear Admiral Hotonu Itunu here to school in UNN.

It is not mean feat to compete & come out successfully as a graduate of Architecture in UNEC where the legendary Prof. Umeh( the first prof. of Architecture) once hold sway. You must feel the heat in Archi studio @ least they now understand us better.
Prof Ekundayo Adeyemi is the first professor of architecture in Nigeria and Sub-saharan Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Starhearts: 1:43pm On Jul 14, 2023
EmmyMaestro:

Am sure if they had told you not to petronise him maybe you will say we are blocking your way, oya naw see for yourself grin grin

Am not d one dat patronise him...
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by EcoNews: 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
Can the same be said about ingrates n ungrateful Igbos that migrated n made it in the SW

Racoon:
Whao! This woman is a proud lioness. Great to know there are great SWners who migrate to alaigbo like Pastor Enoch Adeboye, Rear Admiral Hotonu Itunu here to school in UNN.

It is not mean feat to compete & come out successfully as a graduate of Architecture in UNEC where the legendary Prof. Umeh( the first prof. of Architecture) once hold sway. You must feel the heat in Archi studio @ least they now understand us better.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Dbestbrest: 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2023
priceactionx:

Woman of steel. If you mistankenly step on women like this in a mall and you just overlook them, and work away, your own don do, thinking they are just ordinary civilian. I witnessed one sometimes, and everyone knew the guy was wrong, but ego wont allow him apologize profusely, na simple call that day changed the whole story. Everywhere full red cap military within 10 mins. I no no wetin happen after that. as they carry the guy away and his GF. grin
Did Pastor adeboye school in UNN? I thought he schooled in ife and unilag.

Pastor Adeboye schooled in UNN but couldn't finish his 1st degree there because of the civil war.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Racoon(m): 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I know her very well. She served at the nigerian navy reference hospital in ojo, lagos for many years.
Whao! Really? I knew when she served as Commander Obesesan Naval Medical Central Mobil Road Apapa - Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by yommen: 2:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
englishmart:
After over 60 years since independence it's now we are having the first female General and Rear Admiral. Very bad.

Chaii. Did you read at all? One of them retired already in 1997, about 30 years ago. Abacha retired her!!! Read now!!! Too quick to judge and then judging wrongly.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by enemyofprogress: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2023
Yorubas always the first and the best in every good things of life, unlike the developers of the world grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by PopQueenAgency: 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
"Rear" Admiral abi? Okay.
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by dalass(f): 2:36pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
Impeccable records. What an inspiration. I met then Brigadier-General Kale @ Military Hospital Ibadan in 1992 with my dad and was just whao with her impressive appearance and mien. The woman is just humble. Mods let's celebrate these great and amazing amazons who have blaze a trail for others to follow.

Most men on Nairaland will not come to celebrate these achievers but let it be a thread on woman bashing... They rush it as if making scathing remarks about women is their only mission in life...

Congratulations to these pacesetters and trailblazers. I never heard of a female General or Real Admiral before
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Menclothing: 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2023
Hard working woman
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Godfullsam(m): 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2023
englishmart:
Edited.

Better than never!
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by crackhouse(m): 2:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
A general that haven't fought a single war that one na general?
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Racoon(m): 2:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
dalass:
Most men on Nairaland will not come to celebrate these achievers but let it be a thread on woman bashing... They rush it as if making scathing remarks about women is their only mission in life..

Congratulations to these pacesetters and trailblazers. I never heard of a female General or Real Admiral before
Nice one! Celebrate you too dearie. You folks are amazing.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by ChristineC: 3:08pm On Jul 14, 2023
UptownVibes:
Their husband go just turn wife for hux grin
false

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Expensiveboo(m): 3:12pm On Jul 14, 2023
A very big congratulations to her..
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2023
Result! Results! Results! Results!! - What we are asking for!
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
Omo,these Yoruba people sha ! Why are they always the FIRST in groundbreaking and pace setting achievements ? First in this and first in that,why always Yoruba people ?! There must be something about these Yoruba people that others,especially those people who always love to hate them,need to sturdy for their own good too. Truly,Yoruba l'agba,no controversy ! No wonder some people from THAT SIDE,those villagers who always love to hate Yoruba people,prefer to die in Yoruba land !

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by dfrost: 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2023
@ Racoon, well done for celebrating a Nigerian. This is all we should do, not being tribalistic et al. Well done once again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by PeggySandas(f): 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2023
Who will read that long ass write-up. Mtcheew!
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2023
Excellent! Inspiring.
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
crackhouse:
A general that haven't fought a single war that one na general?
Will you keep kwayet? meshuno dia. Celebrate the women for once or keep shut.
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by TakeNigeriaBack: 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2023
Yoruba people are the pace-setters of Nigeria. Lets be honest with ourselves. I also learnt recently that the first woman to drive a car in Nigeria, was a Yoruba woman.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by sharone21(f): 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
Nice one! Celebrate you too dearie. You folks are amazing.

There used to be that tall, dark Captain Yetunde Peters who was prematurely murdered by her house boys/ men.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
Big Congrats.But let the Army monitor some of their member's tyrant behaviors towards innocent civilians.
Nigerians love to celebrate their military. A soldiers is seen as an officer of law and not an intemidator of civilians they swore to protect. angry

https://www.nairaland.com/7764492/soldier-damages-ogun-couples-car
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by olisaEze(m): 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
My mum na pia kwa igwe o, is the only warning her kids would give any unwanted attention, of that I’m sure! Mumcy wen know how to drill man to small pikin!! No how no how, her husband would have mastered the art of calm speech in the house by now! grin
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by cl0r0x: 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
You don't think anyone would read all that, I did. How can someone be promoted from major general to brig. General, that's demotion.
Re: Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral by XAUBulls: 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2023
Racoon:
General Aderonke Kale: The First Female Army Major-General in Nigeria

https://motivation.africa/general-aderonke-kale-the-first-female-army-major-general-in-nigeria.html

ITUNU HOTONU, Nigeria's First Female Rear Admiral

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0328bkt4Vg8eCV5xmsPrb4pzSix1v22YQkjTxq7a9Q6L1cSf3hurzFzvdGyHLbT4FAl&id=490491614335172&mibextid=Nif5oz
Indeed. The iconic female Generals.

Itunu is a Yoruba name though.
Hotonu is Ogu/Fon.

The Fon evolved from a fusion between the Yoruba and the Aja ethnicities of Togo and Benin. The Ogus are a further fusion of the Yoruba and Fon ethnicities from the cross-cultural fusions centuries ago during the height of the Oyo Empire's expansions and military conquests in and towards the borders of modern-day Benin, Togo and Ghana.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos) / After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.