Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving (39400 Views)

Killers Of Ogun Couple, Son Murdered On New Year Day Arrested / Ogun Couple Drugged Woman Before Beheading Her & Selling Her Skull For ₦70k / Soldier Damages Man's Car And Pepper-spray him for overtaking them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by 3lami: 7:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
This can only happened in a contraption called country.
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by providencia(m): 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^
undecided

Do you drive? You could easily be maimed or killed by someone driving recklessly. So you'll clam up because he is in fatigues? undecided

This has absolutely nothing to do with 'returnees' and 'home based'. There are hundreds of thousands of Nigeria based motorists who will speak up if their lives are being threatened by dangerous drivers.

The way some people think...undecided

So because the soldier drove recklessly the woman should be telling him he is stupid. When next you see a nigeria soldier that drive like that, you can tell that to him. You will make front page too. will be glad to post you.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by NaijaCover(m): 7:50pm On Jul 14, 2023
providencia:

So because the soldier drove recklessly the woman should be telling him he is stupid. When next you see a nigeria soldier that drive like that, you can tell that to him. You will make front page too. will be glad to post you.

Is Here
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by Nolevel666: 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
providencia:

Look for somewhere to buy sense into your head.

I work in a government owned hospital.

60% of people in the emergency and orthopedic ward are always reckless yahoo boys, commercial and most especially logistics bike riders.

Their relatives begin to beg for free treatment after explaining their life history

Reckless driving kills

1 Like

Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by providencia(m): 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2023
Nolevel666:

Look for someone to buy sense into your head.

60% of people in the emergency and orthopedic ward are always reckless drivers and bike riders.

Their relatives begin to beg for free treatment after explaining their life history

Reckless driving kills

Why don't you sell the sense for me since they buy sense in your village. You nincompoop. Nigeria soldiers are heartless and dangerous the more you avoid them the better for you. Caution them and have an heavy dose of their venom
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by Nolevel666: 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2023
providencia:

Why don't you sell the sense for me since they buy sense in your village. You nincompoop. Nigeria soldiers are heartless and dangerous the more you avoid them the better for you. Caution them a nd have an heavy dose of their venom

Well, cautioning them directly sure won’t end well but doesn’t mean what they are doing is unquestionable.

Get the context

1 Like

Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by Fujiyama: 8:31pm On Jul 14, 2023
providencia:

^^^
undecided

As usual.

More of the same tired, old threats of violence against civilians. Meanwhile...bandits, boko haramists and other criminal, non-state actors are still on the Danboa & Abuja-Kaduna highways, doing what they do best.

We are tired of the usual excuses so don't even bother giving them. If the soldier is angry that the woman insulted him, let him channel that anger against boko haram. That's what he is being paid to do - he is not being paid federal money to brutalize a couple going about their business. If you pay attention, you'll note that the insults began because he wilfuly destroyed their vehicle's side view mirror.

Civilians are a convenient soft target for men like that 'soldier'. If he wants to prove himself worthy of the uniform, let him go up against the Dogon Dajis, Dogo Gides, Bello Turjis and other bandit generalissimos that hold sway in Nigeria's forests. When he does that we'll take him seriously.
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by Fujiyama: 8:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
Nolevel666:

60% of people in the emergency and orthopedic ward are always reckless yahoo boys, commercial and most especially logistics bike riders.

Reckless driving kills

^^^
The fellow you quoted is defending the indefensible. People like him won't speak up when they should - and they harass those who do. undecided It makes no sense.

And if as he claims, the woman instigated the problem, what of the zillions of cases every day in this country where civilians go out of their way to avoid 'soldier problem' but yet soja people won't let them be. Classic example of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by Brushstrokes20: 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2023
# animal in human skin undecided
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by sacajawea: 9:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
nedekid:

Lolz.
It is a classic case of "photo, no be juju be that"?
E shock everybody, but we de mind our business.
It's not possible, simple!
Don't exaggerate, Don't tell lies. No matter how rich or connected he is, he cannot join via DSSC or SSC and be a MAJOR! just not possible
2nd Lieutenant, Lieutenant? Yes...
No matter how powerful in the elite he is connected to, absolutely no Way
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by kennethik: 9:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
I bet u that soldier is fake seriously no be army
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by DaRuud(m): 9:23pm On Jul 14, 2023
Efisimilala:
Ronu to ronu not my business
He look like Calabar , very ugly and heartless , but if e see small small herdsmen and bandit he go run away
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by chocboi78(m): 10:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
worksmart:
Why would the motorist believe it is his job to caution a soldier ?
It's not done anywhere else in the world.

Please remember you are in Nigeria; Public relations and customer services is not part of the training for soldiers.

No talk am for outside , dem go laugh you 😂😂

1 Like

Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by kasim155: 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2023
IamAtAnger:
Soldiers no be police... una too dey take risks lately all because of social media...

You are part of the problems in this kontry.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by kasim155: 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
matify83:
This is sickening.

If the Army high command get on his case, he will start begging for mercy .

It's people like him that make Nigerians detest the military as a whole.

True talk, the way some military personnel treat civilian in Nigeria whether they are right or wrong is what make most civilians to detest military personnel.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by nedekid: 11:05pm On Jul 14, 2023
sacajawea:

It's not possible, simple!
Don't exaggerate, Don't tell lies. No matter how rich or connected he is, he cannot join via DSSC or SSC and be a MAJOR! just not possible
2nd Lieutenant, Lieutenant? Yes...
No matter how powerful in the elite he is connected to, absolutely no Way
Of what benefit is it to me to tell you or anyone lies? Will you give me money? Will it make my blokos bigger or make me nack 10 rounds?
Read my post again, I said that fellow harassing the couple might even be a fake soldier, which then made me use the gym instructor now turned "soldier" as an example.
Ofcourse, we know the proper route to enlist in the armed forces, we know there is no way that fellow can be what he claims because we knew him before his current claimed status. But others who just met him do not know.
Anyway, as I said, we mind our business., Afterall we do not know under what authority he has such boldness.
Nb: Even as at that time, he could never have become a lieutenant because of his age and even just over a 1 year period.
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by seunayantokun(m): 11:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
If them wan sack am now, na beg e go dey beg.
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by galantjoe(m): 2:49am On Jul 15, 2023
Road rage is emotional imbalance caused by conduct of other road users. Road rage should be made a traffic offence.

Both the couple and soldier had displayed road rage in their conducts. How can you caution a soldier who is driving his own vehicle and the vehicle has not touched yours. The couple went beyond the boundary, the couple should have minded their business provided his alleged recklessly doesn't caused accident. Secondly the couple conducted themselves unprofessionally by confronting the soldier personally instead of reporting his reckless driving to Army headquarters.

There is an evil spirit here in nigeria that possesses nigerians coming in from abroad. They seems to believe that they can correct nigeria defective system by personal confrontation that is why many of them were killed by policemen, soldiers, thugs, etc confrontational argument.
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by t2luv1: 3:50am On Jul 15, 2023
RecentHistory:
This is my judgement.

Get his service number and post him to Imo State

I rise

I will be the first to confess that I am not very familiar with Nigerian Laws. Question Since it can be seen very clearly that the man destroyed the couple's property. Will I be liable if I shoot the man for exercising my right to protect my property? Here in the good olde USA, I have the right to protect my property using any means necessary. Besides that, here in Florida, we do have the Stand your ground law. The law states that If someone approaches you in a manner you deem menacing you have every right to use whatever means at your disposal to protect yourself including using a firearm. One of the main reasons I find it hard to visit Nigeria is the mere fact that there are no laws that allow one to carry a gun. I have been a gun owner since 1999 I just can't remember the last time that I left my house without my gun.
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by t2luv1: 3:58am On Jul 15, 2023
worksmart:
Why would the motorist believe it is his job to caution a soldier ?
It's not done anywhere else in the world.

Please remember you are in Nigeria; Public relations and customer services is not part of the training for soldiers.

Really !!!! Have you ever been to New York or Chicago? If the traffic light turns green and your car ain't moving in 10 secs partner everybody will be cautioning you with their horns.
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by GABRIEL6036: 6:29am On Jul 15, 2023
Very unprofessional of him. Chai, some colleagues can be embarrassing at times sha undecided . If only his service number can be successfully seen, he would have got his ass on fire 🔥
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by Bigpat: 7:00am On Jul 15, 2023
What do you expect from a country where they believe the soldiers are above the law, the Police are below the law, the video recording is of no use, he is already an unknown soldier unlike the Police. If it is the Police they would have been out of the vehicle to beat and tear his uniform or even drag the rifle. The woman even said you cannot touch the soldier on uniform. Someone commented that the soldier should be posted to Imo state to meet with UGM, are soldiers not their, the Police on a daily basis are neutralizing them in Imo even as many of them lost their lives, which will not be compensated or missed, leaving their dependants to suffer.
The soldiers and the Police die daily over meagre salaries, welfare, these are some of the results, it's psychological.
You can't expect good from nothing.
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by John4B: 7:08am On Jul 15, 2023
Buddha3:
Remove the military attire from the scenario, if that man comes down and squares with the Army guy, the kind beating the army guy will collect from the man no go easy!

I won't even mind the attire, maybe its because those ones were coming from outside, they still have joy in their hearts.
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by tsspsolutions: 7:41am On Jul 15, 2023
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by Oju4190: 9:46am On Jul 15, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
No time for nonsense.

Call a spade a spade. If he is doing stupid things then he will be called stupid. Simple!

As usual, someone had to play the 'respect the uniform' card undecided. Respect is earned!

Respect is earned!
Dat woman must have said something that annoyed the officer....Just look the way her mouth dey sharp.....If u watch very well somebody in d background was telling Dem to just apologize. With the way she sounds, she must b an arrogant and troublesome person
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2023
EXLOVER:
Nigeria soldiers are always very aggressive to citizens because of their salary and the hard training, their supposed to channel this anger to the government, not innocent citizens.
Which harsh training?? mttcheeew
Nigeria military have the most backwards and primitive training in the world
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by Wkaay(m): 4:30pm On Jul 15, 2023
Power drunk
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by Fujiyama: 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2023
Oju4190:
Dat woman must have said something that annoyed the officer....Just look the way her mouth dey sharp.....If u watch very well somebody in d background was telling Dem to just apologize. With the way she sounds, she must b an arrogant and troublesome person

^^^
undecided undecided

I give up. Its no use.

I give up...for today at least.

The struggle continues tomorrow. And the day after. And the day after that.

We will continue to let these men in uniform know in no uncertain terms that they are not special. There is absolutely nothing to celebrate about them. No honour, no valour, nothing. As we write, the country is one big bandit bazaar...and when Nigerians ask why, all we get are excuses for failure. undecided

They are not special - they were not born with that uniform on their backs - it was given to them in trust. When their time is up their uniforms will be handed back and these men will become civilians again...and then they will know what time it is.
Re: Soldier Damages Ogun Couple's Car For Cautioning Him Over Reckless Driving by Fujiyama: 8:05pm On Jul 15, 2023
galantjoe:
Road rage is emotional imbalance caused by conduct of other road users. Road rage should be made a traffic offence.

Both the couple and soldier had displayed road rage in their conducts. How can you caution a soldier who is driving his own vehicle and the vehicle has not touched yours. The couple went beyond the boundary, the couple should have minded their business provided his alleged recklessly doesn't caused accident. Secondly the couple conducted themselves unprofessionally by confronting the soldier personally instead of reporting his reckless driving to Army headquarters.

There is an evil spirit here in nigeria that possesses nigerians coming in from abroad. They seems to believe that they can correct nigeria defective system by personal confrontation that is why many of them were killed by policemen, soldiers, thugs, etc confrontational argument.

^^^
Even more nonsense. grin

I now know some of you are engaging in high speed, dangerous trolling. These responses cannot be serious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Found Lying Dead At Otokutu Bridge In Delta State (Photos) / FCMB-Lekki Robbery: Family Of The Fish Hawker Mourns (photo) / Lagos-Based Lady And Her Boyfriend Send Fake Bank Credit Alert (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.