Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record (5663 Views)

Soludo Gives Scholarship To 5 Times Guinness World Record Holder Chinonso Eche / Senator Ayim To Commission Rumuekini- Aluu Road, Rivers State / Pdp Thugs Attack Apc Member In Rivers,break His Head(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by Kyase(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2023
Poisonousman:

Baba leave this people... Road weh get 6 flyover bridges and some bridge weh go pass through water... Them just dey criticize without facts.. naa we weh dey port Harcourt know the details

Thank you boss man
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by COMPLETETRUTH: 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2023
That is exactly my problem with the removal of fuel subsidy.

It will still not lead to improved infrastructure for citizens because of bogus contracts.
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by Simeonjoe1: 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2023
ogmask:

The roads and bridges JB build for Portharcourt na so so maintenance dem dey carry out every now and then. Poor quality roads and drainage. Imagine building an open drainage system with slabs in this age and time. My point is the high cost has nothing to do with quality. If they needed quality they should have allowed competitive bidding. Lately, CECC and RCC build better roads than JB.

Walahi that cecc dey surprise me, beating JB to their game. Na only bridge JB fit construct. Quality road is zero.
What happen to indigenous Nigeria construction companies? Can't we compete and construct high quality infrastructure and highway like this guys? We use to have dantata and sowoe I hardly see them nowadays, or may be they've moved to construction of estate and bungalow houses, a complete shame...
A whole country like Nigeria without any reputable construction firm to give us superhighway and skyscrapers, how would we develop like the Chinese?

1 Like

Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by Thisis2raw(m): 4:01pm On Jul 15, 2023
ogmask:

Let's assume this is the total stretch, the question is, what is the cost of the properties on the road path? Maybe you nor know how many millions dey inside one billion... I think you are the one that will be needing the help after all.
that road passed my community and two of my dads properties, the value of one of those estates as we speak is over 15 million each, go and ask about.
The name of my hometown is Nkpor rumuolumeni, just some 4 mins walk from the navy base
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by Thisis2raw(m): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
LikeAking:

Stop saying trash, eleme is not wet land..

Rumekini is not wet land..

Na dry land, very dry.

you don't get, one Ogmask said the project won't pay much for damage since the path for the project is bushy and wetland area.
So I made mention of those place to ask him if they are wetlands
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by Gajagojo: 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
I don't think you can calculate in
Per kilometre because s roads don't all have the same number of lanes rather it should be per square metre
Also the terrain matters it is cheaper to build roads in Kano than the Niger Delta
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by nabiz(m): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kyase:
Lol these guys
You don't know how it works, so just keep quiet

If to construct roads dey cheap, all millionaires and billionaires for dey construct road

Mind you, JB dey cost
oga people infact my community contributed mony to do road that lead to our farm, i was the contractor. Was also contracted to do road in abuja singles handed sponsored by chief James jephthah from Nembe, bayelsa. I am talking about quality tared road. The reason people don't do road is because of government bureaucracy. Some year back I was asked to do a road in a street in yanalpaja, lagos by individual but the agbero stopped the job because they said the man must settle them but the man angrily stop the job. He is a young man into bureau d change
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by 07kjb: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2023
They build road and bridges as development and the people hails them, PEOPLE DESERVES THE KIND OF LEADER THEY GOT

2 Likes

Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by vanitybutiwanti: 5:57pm On Jul 15, 2023
OP that's wike's project, original cost of the project is around 70-80b but it had to be adjusted for wike and sim to make money from it, unfortunately you can only wail on the internet, 150b has been paid out of the 195b and it will be flagged off by wike on Monday.

Watch the video below for the project description, its expected to cut across 6 LGA'S, with 6 flyovers and one River crossing bridge, a lot of buildings will be demolished as well since it's going to be a dual carriage way. This is Nigeria, it's their time to eat, after all Amaechi did a 1.1km monorail for 50b, if you were in their circle you will see no wrong in what they are doing, you're only wailing because you're poor and deprived. If you vote them out, new guys will come in and continue from where they stopped grin grin

https://twitter.com/SimFubaraKSC/status/1679221658811236352?t=yNl8jcusA7mOKrNH2GoJ_Q&s=19
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by grandstar(m): 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2023
If the group love their lives, they should just mind their business.
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by LikeAking: 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2023
Thisis2raw:
you don't get, one Ogmask said the project won't pay much for damage since the path for the project is bushy and wetland area.
So I made mention of those place to ask him if they are wetlands

Sorry!

I tot u said eleme is wet land..
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by LikeAking: 9:10pm On Jul 15, 2023
07kjb:
They build road and bridges as development and the people hails them, PEOPLE DESERVES THE KIND OF LEADER THEY GOT

We are our own problem..

Nigerians now love policticians more than they love them selves.
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by Kyase(m): 10:32pm On Jul 15, 2023
nabiz:
oga people infact my community contributed mony to do road that lead to our farm, i was the contractor. Was also contracted to do road in abuja singles handed sponsored by chief James jephthah from Nembe, bayelsa. I am talking about quality tared road. The reason people don't do road is because of government bureaucracy. Some year back I was asked to do a road in a street in yanalpaja, lagos by individual but the agbero stopped the job because they said the man must settle them but the man angrily stop the job. He is a young man into bureau d change

Okay sir
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by ogmask: 10:43pm On Jul 15, 2023
Thisis2raw:
that road passed my community and two of my dads properties, the value of one of those estates as we speak is over 15 million each, go and ask about.
The name of my hometown is Nkpor rumuolumeni, just some 4 mins walk from the navy base

Thanks for this exposition, however, my question is how many properties on the 50km stretch is worth N15m. Don't get me wrong, your point is valid my brother.
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by ogmask: 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Walahi that cecc dey surprise me, beating JB to their game. Na only bridge JB fit construct. Quality road is zero.
What happen to indigenous Nigeria construction companies? Can't we compete and construct high quality infrastructure and highway like this guys? We use to have dantata and sowoe I hardly see them nowadays, or may be they've moved to construction of estate and bungalow houses, a complete shame...
A whole country like Nigeria without any reputable construction firm to give us superhighway and skyscrapers, how would we develop like the Chinese?

Your position is valid.
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by SenatePresdo(m): 1:10am On Jul 16, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria one of the poorest country in earth and one with a lot of infrastructural deficit is the one with the highest cost per km of road in the world..What a country filled with stupid leaders

Not really stupid leaders, but voters.
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by Acidosis(m): 2:13am On Jul 16, 2023
A fantastically corrupt country with some of the most tolerant people on earth. Such a bad combination.
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by NewDea4: 2:22am On Jul 16, 2023
ogmask:
The Network for the Actualisation of Social Growth and Viable Development (NEFGAD), says the Rivers state government is spending beyond what is normal on road construction.
In a statement in Abuja on Friday, Akingunola Omoniyi, executive secretary of the group, said the state’s 50.15 km road project is the “most expensive” contract in the history of public procurement in Nigeria and globally”.
Omoniyi, said Siminalayi Fubara, the state governor, had tweeted a video on July 11 where he said the Port Harcourt ring road project was awarded at the cost of N195.3 billion.
Omoniyi added that spending such an amount on road construction shows the state is insensitive to the economic plight of the people.
“The 50.15km Port Harcourt ring road contract awarded at the cost of N195.3b standing at approximately N4b per kilometer shows that the Rivers state government is insensitive to the economic plight of the people and engaging in a show of shame by coming to the public to sign such world’s most flamboyant and luxurious contract,” Omoniyi said.
“The anti-corruption group has observed with dismay that the cost of road construction in Nigeria has been consistently outrageous which now calls for serious concern and scrutiny.
“Going by a World Bank report, the cost of constructing 1km of road is less than half a billion naira anywhere in the world irrespective of topographic differences.
“This figure is the benchmark that should not be surpassed regardless of several factors except with vested interest that usually characterizes public contracts in Nigeria.
“The only thing left out of the contract is for the Rivers state government to apply to the Guinness World Record (GWR) for verification and certification as the world’s most expensive contract.
“This is barbaric, outrageous and questionable and will not go unchallenged.”
He called on relevant anti-corruption agencies to look into the procurement process and all financial details of the contract for possible remedy.
He added that failure to do so would compel the group to engage in advocacy against the uneconomic practice of the state government.

http:///260427c2230714en_ng?link=1&client=news

Before nko

From where una think say Wike dey see money for forty year old whiskey
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by SocialJustice: 7:32am On Jul 16, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Nigeria one of the poorest country in earth and one with a lot of infrastructural deficit is the one with the highest cost per km of road in the world..What a country filled with stupid leaders
Do not exempt followers
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by Thisis2raw(m): 7:33am On Jul 16, 2023
ogmask:

Thanks for this exposition, however, my question is how many properties on the 50km stretch is worth N15m. Don't get me wrong, your point is valid my brother.
To honest not all, there are areas that are more valued than 15m, there are some also that is less. Alike the community before my own community, but the path out for the project is an expensive path in Port Harcourt
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by vanitybutiwanti: 7:36am On Jul 16, 2023
Thisis2raw:

To honest not all, there are areas that are more valued than 15m, there are some also that is less. Alike the community before my own community, but the path out for the project is an expensive path in Port Harcourt
The project cost is expensive but many of the properties to be demolished are worth more than 50m. The project starts in PHALGA, the state capital, do you expect properties along major roads in the state capital to be worth 15m in a state like Rivers?
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by Thisis2raw(m): 7:39am On Jul 16, 2023
vanitybutiwanti:
The project cost is expensive but many of the properties to be demolished are worth more than 50m. The project starts in PHALGA, the state capital, do you expect properties along major roads in the state capital to be worth 15m in a state like Rivers?
that is what I said, some area are not developed like other area, my dad's properties on that path is not up to 50m in value, but there are some areas it more than that.
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by Baronthecelebri: 7:42am On Jul 16, 2023
As long it can stand the test of time
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by gare(f): 8:54am On Jul 16, 2023
ogmask:
The Network for the Actualisation of Social Growth and Viable Development (NEFGAD), says the Rivers state government is spending beyond what is normal on road construction.
In a statement in Abuja on Friday, Akingunola Omoniyi, executive secretary of the group, said the state’s 50.15 km road project is the “most expensive” contract in the history of public procurement in Nigeria and globally”.
Omoniyi, said Siminalayi Fubara, the state governor, had tweeted a video on July 11 where he said the Port Harcourt ring road project was awarded at the cost of N195.3 billion.
Omoniyi added that spending such an amount on road construction shows the state is insensitive to the economic plight of the people.
“The 50.15km Port Harcourt ring road contract awarded at the cost of N195.3b standing at approximately N4b per kilometer shows that the Rivers state government is insensitive to the economic plight of the people and engaging in a show of shame by coming to the public to sign such world’s most flamboyant and luxurious contract,” Omoniyi said.
“The anti-corruption group has observed with dismay that the cost of road construction in Nigeria has been consistently outrageous which now calls for serious concern and scrutiny.
“Going by a World Bank report, the cost of constructing 1km of road is less than half a billion naira anywhere in the world irrespective of topographic differences.
“This figure is the benchmark that should not be surpassed regardless of several factors except with vested interest that usually characterizes public contracts in Nigeria.
“The only thing left out of the contract is for the Rivers state government to apply to the Guinness World Record (GWR) for verification and certification as the world’s most expensive contract.
“This is barbaric, outrageous and questionable and will not go unchallenged.”
He called on relevant anti-corruption agencies to look into the procurement process and all financial details of the contract for possible remedy.
He added that failure to do so would compel the group to engage in advocacy against the uneconomic practice of the state government.

http:///260427c2230714en_ng?link=1&client=news

It is wrong to conclude in that manner, they should request for the BOQ and verify the cost of every item involved. Why are these people not critizing under quoted roads since they mean well for Nigerians and what the best.

They should ask for the full contracts, I believe right of ways would be paid for, compensation for people's property would be taken care of, you don't come with the total sum of the contract without seeing the details to criticize them, this is politics.
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by gare(f): 8:57am On Jul 16, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

Please forget local construction companies, you will not get a standard Road
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by saint22: 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2023
There are about 6 land bridges, 1 river crossing bridge as well as over-head bridge tied to the project.
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by Oakenshield: 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2023
Kyase:
Lol these guys
You don't know how it works, so just keep quiet

If to construct roads dey cheap, all millionaires and billionaires for dey construct road

Mind you, JB dey cost
shut up it cost approximately 150m to build a km of road. Are u even an engineer so shut up. Where have u read the built a km or road for 4b? That's to say almost $400m for a km,Omo ur school fees na waste. See final embezzlement yet the state has a very poor drainage system
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by Kyase(m): 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2023
Oakenshield:
shut up it cost approximately 150m to build a km of road. Are u even an engineer so shut up. Where have u read the built a km or road for 4b? That's to say almost $400m for a km,Omo ur school fees na waste. See final embezzlement yet the state has a very poor drainage system

Don't want to insult you but you sound very stupid and ignorant
Are you aware the said construction will house 6 flyovers and 3 bridges?

And yes, I'm an Engineer
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by ogmask: 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2023
gare:

It is wrong to conclude in that manner, they should request for the BOQ and verify the cost of every item involved. Why are these people not critizing under quoted roads since they mean well for Nigerians and what the best.

They should ask for the full contracts, I believe right of ways would be paid for, compensation for people's property would be taken care of, you don't come with the total sum of the contract without seeing the details to criticize them, this is politics.

Those stuff you mentioned are like asking a blind man the colour of your shirt in rivers state.
The details of contracts in rivers state is hidden from the public.
Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by ogmask: 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2023
Thisis2raw:

I understand what you mean my brother. One reason many people think the way I do is because the details of JB contracts in Rivers State is hidden from the public.

1 Like

Re: N195B For 50km Road: Rivers Break Guinness World Record by ogmask: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2023
NewDea4:

Before nko

From where una think say Wike dey see money for forty year old whiskey

I tire my brother... Many people nor know say JB Na the biggest launder of money for Nigeria. They collect cash on behalf of the govs and send the money abroad as remittances to their home office. Meanwhile, the gov dem get access to those cash from the back door. If you come Phc and see any building Berger dey build Na wike get am. That is another way of doing it. They collect the money as part of the co tract sum and go build house, Mall or hotel for the person codedly with the cash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Arrival Of Gay Church In Nigeria! / Does Nigeria Needs Foreign Military Boots On Ground!? / Gej's Message To South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.