Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 (5564 Views)

Independence Anniversary : Jonathan's 20billion Vs.buhari's 70million / Independence Anniversary Expenditure For The Past 5 Years. - Nasir El-rufai / Jonathan Lied In Independence Anniversary Broadcast. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by DaLover(m): 8:58am On Oct 07, 2011
Guys common,
This guys has some negatives, in fact a lot, but if you critisize unrealistically everytime, then you run the risk of not been taken seriously everytime.

he celebrates-then we say he is blowing away money
he doesnt celebrate-then we say he is afraid

and the funnest one yet
he responds to a question he was asked-we say he is declaring his stance in a far away country,

Just imagin this dialogue with GEJ in kigali
Journalist: Why didnt nigeria celebrate the independence this year?
GEJ: To save resources, bla, bla
Journalist: Will this same thing be repeated in subsequent years?
GEJ: I have to wait to get to Abuja before I answer that question!!!

like some have said, there a difference between haters and critics
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by maclatunji: 8:59am On Oct 07, 2011
I think we should remove this from our national anthem:

The Labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain

If you cannot celebrate the Independence of your country as a government it simply means you are telling the world that your country is a joke. It does not matter who says it GEJ or myself. It is a very sad, pathetic and irresponsible comment.

What are we talking about here? State governments now have bigger Independence day celebrations than the Federal Government. It simply means that the Federal Government has been relegated from being the leader to the follower under Goodluck Jonathan. History will judge him very harshly!

So holding a Independence day parade is too expensive for the Federal Government. Yet, it wants to spend N30 billion on National Identity Management Scheme (big grammar for National ID Card). What happened to the current National ID card we have? Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!

Then again he went to announce it on FOREIGN SOIL!  shocked embarassed embarassed cry

Too much of everything is bad.

You sycophants should take note: Too much of incompetence destroys incompetence. Tell this man the truth and stop pushing him to the verge of disgrace and ultimate ridicule!
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by Ben13: 9:07am On Oct 07, 2011
WHAT DIFFERENCE WILL THE SUSPENSION MAKE?
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by doctokwus: 9:08am On Oct 07, 2011
Those that do d greatest harm to GEJ are those who overlook all his numerous misteps,imagine a country not celebrating independence day and yet a public holiday was given,evn post d date of independence,what den was d signifance.Defending rubbish is double rubbish,they are only leading him to a place of ridicule in d annals of nigeria's history if he's allowed to continue dis way
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by born2boink(m): 9:11am On Oct 07, 2011
Is Fashola, a boyscout ?
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by Arosa(m): 9:18am On Oct 07, 2011
Nice one, GEJ! I can see that you listen to your peeps, but a word of advice don't listen to everybody. wink
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by vinooh: 9:21am On Oct 07, 2011
No independence celebration till 2014 – Jonathan
From JULIANA TAIWO-OBALONYE, Kigali Rwanda
Friday October 07, 2011

President Goodluck Jonathan
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
In what appears to be a direct response to the criticism from the opposition parties and other Nigerians, over the low-keyed celebration at the State House, Abuja, instead of the traditional Eagle Square, President Goodluck Jonathan has announced that the situation will not be different until 2014.

While the Federal Government considered the celebration of the nation’s Independence Day inside Aso Rock as a cost-saving measure, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and other political leaders insisted it was a serious error of judgment.

They had linked the cancellation of the traditional parade and shifting of activities marking the nation’s 51st Independence anniversary from the Eagle Square to the relatively-secure Presidential Villa to threats posed by the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) and fundamentalist Islamic sect, Boko Haram.

But Presidnet Jonathan who just ended a two-day working visit to Kigali, the Rwandan capital, said the 2014 celebration would be merged with centenary celebration not only because of the uniqueness of the year but would also be the last one before the expiration of his tenure in May 2015.

While fielding questions from journalists from both countries at a joint press conference at the Urugwiro Village, Rwandan Presidential Villa, Jonathan decried the antics of politicians who seemed to enjoy criticising every action of government no matter how genuine and reiterated to Nigerians that the action was in the best interest of the country – to save cost.
He said neither MEND nor any group could have cowed the government to take that decision as it was long concluded even before the independence anniversary.

The president also assured that Nigeria was indeed a safe haven for investors having witnessed the visits of important dignitaries like Bill Gates who walked around freely without fear. “It’s good that you ask this question because I read some stories in the media and Nigeria is a big country; we have over 60 political parties though some were deregistered after the elections. And in a political dispensation when you are playing party politics anything done by the ruling party is always politicised. If you go to the left people will ask, why did you go to the left and if you go to the right, people will ask, why did you go to the right; if you stay at the center they will still question you. That is what happened so things are always distorted.

“Only upper Tuesday I received Bill Gates, if not the richest one of the richest people in the world in Nigeria. So if Bill Gates could come to Nigeria and move freely that tells you Nigeria is safe. It’s a very wrong notion that is being painted that we celebrated our independence anniversary in the State House. We did not celebrate in the State House, we had a low key celebration. And no country, you are journalists, you can tell me, no country that celebrates their national day every year. Even an individual from the age of 40 and above if you celebrate your birthday every year nobody comes again, nobody values it.

“What happened was that Nigeria was 50 last year October 1 because for you to celebrate your national day, you must invite your colleagues heads of state and governments. If you are not doing that then you are celebrating in low key which is what we did. Last year’s celebration was huge and so many heads of state all over the world attended, very senior dignitaries. Then May 29 this year was my inauguration, we invited all heads of state and governments again and if you look at photographs it’s almost like an AU meeting. Most African heads of state were there and then October 1 this year you want to call them again? It will not be fair.

“Even in the history of Nigeria, there is no time that any president celebrated the national day every year. Just like your own birthday you take flash points maybe 40, 45, 50, you begin to give gaps of about five years interval to make it more meaningful. So we decided not to celebrate this year 2011; that decision was taken long ago.

“I think the confusion is that towards the independence anniversary, an individual or group of individuals from a militia organisation called MEND, an organisation based in the Niger Delta, incidentally the region I come from and we know with the Amnesty Programme, the challenge in Niger Delta has almost been taken care of, so it’s either one individual using the name of MEND to issue a threat that nobody should go to Eagle Square for celebration whereas we had taken the decision long ago before the independence anniversary not to celebrate to conserve funds.”
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by Bawss1(m): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2011
After blowing away billions last year in the name of Independence Day Celebrations GEJ has decided to repent huh.

Yeah, and whats up with him talking about all this in a foreign country? Come on GEJ, a little tact is what is needed here.
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by vinooh: 9:56am On Oct 07, 2011
Arosa:

Nice one, GEJ! I can see that you listen to your peeps, but a word of advice don't listen to everybody. wink
i love the man he has Nigerians in mind,he knows what they want,feel their pains,so far he wants to do good he would never listing to every body
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by PointB: 10:23am On Oct 07, 2011
OgidiBoy:

Why is the Governor of a state in Nigeria wearing little boy scouts uniform, now what will other Countries think of Nigeria when the see that picture angry tongue

Funny outfit if you ask me. Very comical. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by chines4(m): 10:27am On Oct 07, 2011
Fear of Boko Haram, MEND, OPC, MASSOB. is the beginning of non squandering of public funds, in the name of Independent day celebration.
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by ideylaff: 10:55am On Oct 07, 2011
While fielding questions from journalists from both countries at a joint press conference at the Urugwiro Village, Rwandan Presidential Villa, Jonathan decried the antics of politicians who seemed to enjoy criticising every action of government no matter how genuine and reiterated to Nigerians that the action was in the best interest of the country – to save cost.
He said neither MEND nor any group could have cowed the government to take that decision as it was long concluded even before the independence anniversary.

The president also assured that Nigeria was indeed a safe haven for investors having witnessed the visits of important dignitaries like Bill Gates who walked around freely without fear. “It’s good that you ask this question because I read some stories in the media and Nigeria is a big country; we have over 60 political parties though some were deregistered after the elections. And in a political dispensation when you are playing party politics anything done by the ruling party is always politicised. If you go to the left people will ask, why did you go to the left and if you go to the right, people will ask, why did you go to the right; if you stay at the center they will still question you. That is what happened so things are always distorted.

“Only upper Tuesday I received Bill Gates, if not the richest one of the richest people in the world in Nigeria. So if Bill Gates could come to Nigeria and move freely that tells you Nigeria is safe. It’s a very wrong notion that is being painted that we celebrated our independence anniversary in the State House. We did not celebrate in the State House, we had a low key celebration. And no country, you are journalists, you can tell me, no country that celebrates their national day every year. Even an individual from the age of 40 and above if you celebrate your birthday every year nobody comes again, nobody values it.

Did he really say this, what kind of a statement is this? very very embarassed embarassed

Only upper Tuesday I received Bill Gates, if not the richest one of the richest people in the world in Nigeria. So if Bill Gates could come to Nigeria and move freely that tells you Nigeria is safe
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by maclatunji: 11:27am On Oct 07, 2011
^^^ You cannot blame him for that. That is the kind of ye-ye logic Nigerians followed to "vote" him into power.
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by oladayo042: 11:34am On Oct 07, 2011
I'm expecting "GEJ suspends security chiefs over non-performance."
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by chakula: 11:47am On Oct 07, 2011
To celebrate or not doesn’t change anything and the dough in which they normally shared during the ceremony should be in their treasury so that it will be better to continue what we inherited long before. tongue
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by Bawss1(m): 11:50am On Oct 07, 2011
Only upper Tuesday I received Bill Gates, if not the richest one of the richest people in the world in Nigeria. So if Bill Gates could come to Nigeria and move freely that tells you Nigeria is safe - GEJ

Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by chukymoney(m): 11:54am On Oct 07, 2011
Why is the Governor of a state in Nigeria wearing little boy scouts uniform, now what will other Countries think of Nigeria when the see that picture

wetin concern you
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 07, 2011
Eeya, sometimes I pity this GEJ guy. Everything he says or does is roundly criticized. cry

Seriously, I do not see the point in making such a disclosure in Rwanda, while on a state visit. Couldn't he have waited till his return?
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2011
Bawss1:

Only upper Tuesday I received Bill Gates, if not the richest one of the richest people in the world in Nigeria. So if Bill Gates could come to Nigeria and move freely that tells you Nigeria is safe - GEJ

Na wa for this Presido o, this guy just dey fall hand. "If not the richest one of the richest"? smh
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2011
LAGOSIANS ARE ONE OF THE LUCKIEST PEOPLE IN NIGERIA - THEY HAVE THE BEST GOVERNOR BY WORD, DEED AND ACTION.

Somebody asked why the governor was in Boy Scout regalia - Read the boyscout code of honour then you will understand why he is in a boyscout regalia.

THE BOYSCOUT CODE OF HONOUR:

The Scout Law:
A scout is Trustworthy - Loyal - Helpful - Friendly
Courteous - Kind - Obedient - Cheerful
Thrifty - Brave - Clean - Reverent

The Scout Motto:
Be Prepared

The Scout Slogan:
Do A Good Turn Daily

The Scout Oath:
On my honor, I will do my best,
To do my duty to God, and my country,
and to obey the scout law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong;
Mentally awake, and morally straight.

AFTER READING THE BOYSCOUT CODE OF HONOUR I GUESS YOU WILL ALL SEE WHERE FASHOLA IS COMING FROM.

- THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR IS A SCOUT TO THE CORE!

IF ONLY WE HAVE A PRESIDENT LIKE HIM cry cry cry
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2011
oladayo042:

I'm expecting "GEJ suspends security chiefs over non-performance."

lol . . . .  grin grin grin grin grin You mean till 2014
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by mbulela: 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2011
Bawss1:

I will pay to read DAYOKANU's comment on this.
DK,where are you?
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by ideylaff: 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2011

Don't even know which comment is worse, "The one after the UN Assembly when he said , Obama said I'm doing a good job or this one

Hillary Clinton: Now you go back home and don't  come back to give me any excuses Okay,

GEJ: But the job is tough ma, and Patience wont allow me run the show as well

Hillary Clinton: What did I just hear you say

GEJ:  Nothing ma,

Hillary Clinton : Obama says you are doing a good job

GEJ: Thank you ma, I'll pass the message on to my country people

Hillary Clinton: That's your problem

GEJ: True ma. Yes ma. Can , oh sorry ma

Hillary Clinton: Ok Im off to have a cup of tea

GEJ: Can I make it for you ma, I know how to make tea,

www.nairaland.com/attachments/535910_Mr_President_jpg7a3debb275805d0199aae6b849a9f659
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2011
Bawss1:

After blowing away billions last year in the name of Independence Day Celebrations  GEJ has decided to repent huh.

Yeah, and whats up with him talking about all this in a foreign country? Come on GEJ, a little tact is what is needed here.

ahah, don't you know that its only foreign dignitaries that see good in gej - he is looking for the sort of 'adulation' he got from obama, zuma and bongo  cheesy

the gej double facefist
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by nastydamus(m): 5:44pm On Oct 07, 2011
Does this mean that Boko Haram has indirectly saved us em, let's see, about N10bn x 3 (for 2011, 2012 & 2013 independence

celebrations respectively) = N30 bn?

At this rate, one might feel obliged to advise them to keep up their work, only if they can keep the struggling masses out of the

cross-fires.
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by werepeLeri: 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2011
Bawss1:

After blowing away billions last year in the name of Independence Day Celebrations  GEJ has decided to repent huh.

Boring. So when he was asked the question, he should say, no, let me get back to Nigeria before I can answer.

Boring.
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by UgoBabe(f): 9:32pm On Oct 07, 2011
OgidiBoy:

Why is the Governor of a state in Nigeria wearing little boy scouts uniform, now what will other Countries think of Nigeria when the see that picture angry tongue

buhahahahahhahhahahhahahahahhahahhahahaaaaaaaa i laff tire!!!
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by UgoBabe(f): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2011
mbulela:

DK,where are you?
ideylaff:

Don't even know which comment is worse, "The one after the UN Assembly when he said , Obama said I'm doing a good job or this one

Hillary Clinton: Now you go back home and don't come back to give me any excuses Okay,

GEJ: But the job is tough ma, and Patience wont allow me run the show as well

Hillary Clinton: What did I just hear you say

GEJ: Nothing ma,

Hillary Clinton : Obama says you are doing a good job

GEJ: Thank you ma, I'll pass the message on to my country people

Hillary Clinton: That's your problem

GEJ: True ma. Yes ma. Can , oh sorry ma

Hillary Clinton: Ok Im off to have a cup of tea

GEJ: Can I make it for you ma, I know how to make tea,

www.nairaland.com/attachments/535910_Mr_President_jpg7a3debb275805d0199aae6b849a9f659

buhahahahhahahhahahaahhahahahha chei!! u people r wikkid smiley
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by dayokanu(m): 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2011

Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by dayokanu(m): 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2011

Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by dayokanu(m): 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2011
mbulela:

DK,where are you?

Obama: We think Nigeria is an important country in the West African subregion regarding Nuclear proliferation and we are genuinely concerned about the security issues

GEJ: (Smiling and thinking) Chei, See my life don beta. Timaya talk am. Jona I don blow I don blow, Aproko people make una know, All the way from bayelsa, i break into Abuja market.
Na me dey siddon for here and dis Oyinbo pepper dey yarn so. Patience go dey jelox me right now, Anyway I go show am say the umbelerra wey dey my head big pass her own. (Humms a sound) Ogologo mma Jehova Ogologo mma e

When I enter president me sef go yellow pass this Obama.

OBAMA: (After waiting for a while and no response); Hey Jona, I asked what do you think about the nuclear security.

GEJ: Thats no puroblem my brada. I yam from a Nooklear family and if na security No wahala Shebi Its just like if Dbanj is playing and the bouncer check for those that are making noise outside. My first job na security for Portharcourt zoo. When the monkey wan go follow Gorrila play na me dey stop am. No problem

OBAMA: (Dazed) Seriously!!!

GEJ: Yes my broda. I grew up without wearing shoe, I trek to school, I caught frogs inside gutter for breakfast
Re: Gej Suspend Independence Anniversary Till 2014 by OgidiBoy(m): 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2011
chukymoney:

Why is the Governor of a state in Nigeria wearing little boy scouts uniform, now what will other Countries think of Nigeria when the see that picture

wetin concern you

What do you mean "wetin concern me"

Other countries are doing parades and showing off their Military power to the world, us we doing parade in Boy Scouts Uniform and you don't think

the rest of the world would think Nigeria is weak ?

I think the Governor should be arrested and jailed for treason angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Campaign Jingle For 2015 Elections / Amosun Not Involved In Any Building Demolition - Ogun State Govt. / Checkout James Ibori's Swag As He Arrives Venue Of His Thanksgiving Service 2day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.