Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri (19151 Views)

Tinubu Should Drive MTN, DSTV & Shoprite Out Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri / Sit-at-home In Southeast Has No Economic Impact On Nigeria - Reno Omokri / Wike Is A Drowning Man In Need Of Salvation, He's Trying To Divide Nigeria- Reno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by BabaIbo: 11:47am On Jul 18, 2023
lawani:
If you have a bigger population then you will have a bigger economy. By my estimates, SW is highest populated followed by SS and all stats show this to be true. If you weigh their cities against others you will reach the same conclusion. It is therefore about population nothing more than that. All cities are equal apart from a few that are a bit more costlier to live in including Lagos, Abuja and PH

Otondo, dey play!
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by OKC22: 11:47am On Jul 18, 2023
Made possible by the dot nation.If not for Igbo businesses in Lagos ,Lagos would have still being an Island with nothing to show for it
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by VocoGap: 11:47am On Jul 18, 2023
Okay then
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by Tunde835(m): 11:52am On Jul 18, 2023
gidgiddy:
I dont know about being the economic superpower power but they never managed to develop anywhere outside Ibadan
You do realize that this forum is owned by a Yorùbá man
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by Tunde835(m): 11:53am On Jul 18, 2023
OKC22:
Made possible by the dot nation.If not for Igbo businesses in Lagos ,Lagos would have still being an Island with nothing to show for it
Why don't you leave our island alone
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by Afamed: 11:55am On Jul 18, 2023
gidgiddy:
I dont know about being the economic superpower power but they never managed to develop anywhere outside Ibadan

From the same fellow who does not have community primary school in his Aguata village
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by gidgiddy: 11:56am On Jul 18, 2023
Tunde835:
You do realize that this forum is owned by a Yorùbá man

The same Yoruba man is on Facebook, Twitter owned by others, so?
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by gidgiddy: 11:57am On Jul 18, 2023
SmartyPants:

Isn't Ogun state developed by Nigerian standards?

How? Have you seen Abeokuta? Dont know if it merits being called a town
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by soullove1881(m): 11:57am On Jul 18, 2023
gidgiddy:

Out of the 36 states, I've visited nearly 30 of them, and I can confirm that SW is incredibly fortunate.
You refuse to acknowledge one aspect of SW, which is how they distributed power with the states.

For instance, in Osun State, there is Ile-Ife, which is where OAU is located, Osogbo, which serves as the state's capital, Ede, which is where the governor is from and where Adeleke University is located, Iwo, and Ilesha. You may at least enjoy what the capital dwellers are enjoying.

Visit the Akure State, and Akure, FUTA is located. Among others, they have Ondo town, Owo, and Akungba.

Visit Oyo State, where you may find Ibadan, Oyo Town, Ogbomoso, Iseyin, and other places.

Likewise for Lagos and Ogun.

However, Enugu is the only city where you can enjoy your life in Enugu State.

Also in Imo state, you have only enjoy your life in Oweri and Orlu.

It's only Anambra that is exceptionally cool. Aside from Awka, they have other areas where you may at least have fun.

So don't blame the South West; just try to picture centralizing all their distinctiveness in one place.

I wish to specifically mention the South South states. They are really fantastic. They share the South West's mentality.
The capital of Akwa Ibom, Uyo, is particularly lovely. They have Oro, Eket, Ikot Ekpene, and so on.

Visit Delta; Asaba, Warri, Agbor, etc.

The same is true of Edo and PH.

as for Bayelsa, just a few places, notably Yenagoa and Brass Town I visited Bayelsa. So I really can't say much.
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by Ttipsy(f): 12:01pm On Jul 18, 2023
Okay let your SW stop receiving the one Nigeria oil allocation coming from SS and SE
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by SmartyPants(m): 12:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
gidgiddy:

How? Have you seen Abeokuta? Dont know if it merits being called a town

Haven't been in over 20 years but I see that Ogun state has one of the highest GDP/IGRs after Lagos so i'm assuming it must be developed to a decent standard.
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by gidgiddy: 12:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
SmartyPants:

Haven't been in over 20 years but I see that Ogun state has one of the highest GDP/IGRs after Lagos so i'm assuming it must be developed to a decent standard.

Thats what makes it even mote pitiful. Having a high IGR but having nothing commensurate in development
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by lawani: 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ttipsy:
Okay let your SW stop receiving the one Nigeria oil allocation coming from SS and SE

The allocations are not helping anybody since all neighboring countries have higher wages and are better developed
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by Diligent1(f): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
Phoen1X:
We wont,...unless you start your liberation from ilorin.
You people like trouble,that is why you cannot be president
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by Nato008(m): 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
jconsulting:
Other regions respect SW, their youths are hardworking and they listen to their elders, because our culture is the bedrock of our success in all ramifications.

When a male child wakes up in the morning he postrate to greet his father and mother likewise a female goes on her two knees, the bible says honor your father and your mother so that your days be long.

Is in SW you will see someone like OBJ an ex president postrating for Oni of Ife, but one nollywood actor will be flexing muscle with Oni later there children will turn their cities to sit at home
U almost made sense but then.....OBJ is a Yoruba man respecting him tradition in his own land but yet ur headache is about another man not bowing down to ur tradition....Omo u self eh
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by Millimann: 12:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
jconsulting:
Other regions respect SW, their youths are hardworking and they listen to their elders, because our culture is the bedrock of our success in all ramifications.

When a male child wakes up in the morning he postrate to greet his father and mother likewise a female goes on her two knees, the bible says honor your father and your mother so that your days be long.

Is in SW you will see someone like OBJ an ex president postrating for Oni of Ife, but one nollywood actor will be flexing muscle with Oni later there children will turn their cities to sit at home
An Ogun State boy strangled his mother to death just last week. I guess that's how they honour their parents.
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by discusant: 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
This Reno Omokri is fast becoming a lunatic with a hobby of stirring ethnic sentiments in Nigeria.
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by jaxxy(m): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Lol u mean lagos? Even the south south produces most of our revenue bt reno must ass lick to return home from exile. grin
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by Tunde835(m): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
gidgiddy:

The same Yoruba man is on Facebook, Twitter owned by others, so?
Why don't you create your own forum so that you can further Biafra
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by DestinyNigga: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
jconsulting:

Yoruba youths are hardworking. After you will be crying that Igbos have taken over Lagos grin grin grin
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
Made2Last:
Reno keeps hitting them back to back!

I know they wished they could strangle this man...

Now...I don't care if the mods bam me or not...it goes to show how much of a bullet Nigerians dodged by not voting for that woman voice, Obi

You mean by our PMS pump price reaching #670 per liter or the serious inflation in food items
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by plaindealer: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
I just wonder why the SE with their imaginary largest collection of billionaires, the most industrious, the most educated and whatever label you paint on yourselves are at the end of the day,, an economically depressed region, a backward and unproductive sit at home slavery region under the control of rag tag illiterate terrorists, a region where the people can not make it in life unless they japa and migrate to the SW, the region with riches sand opportunities, the region where you live your life, make your money and not violently forced to sit at home or die.

Of what relevance or worth is a region that it's the only place on earth where there's no constitutional guarantees to freedom of movement, choice and association, and a place where you can not make it in life unless you live the miserable and economically depressed hell hole.

Sadly for you, there are countless ibo economic refugees and migrants in Ogun state hustling for their daily bread and not the other way around like countless Yoruba people from Ogun state in your brutal, violent and barbaric sit at home slavery region.

Ibo people won't leave their home in the SE to look for their daily bread in Ogun state if Ogun state wasn't economically better, safer and secure than their violent terrorist controlled sit at home enclaves. This is basic common sense.
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by SmartyPants(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
plaindealer:

I just wonder why the SE with their imaginary largest collection of billionaires, the most industrious, the most educated and whatever label you paint on yourselves are at the end of the day,, an economically depressed region, a backward and unproductive sit at home slavery region under the control of rag tag illiterate terrorists, a region where the people can not make it in life unless they japa and migrate to the SW, the region with riches sand opportunities, the region where you live your life, make your money and not violently forced to sit at home or die.

Of what relevance or worth is a region that it's the only place on earth where there's no constitutional guarantees to freedom of movement, choice and association, and a place where you can not make it in life unless you live the miserable and economically depressed hell hole.

Sadly for you, there are countless ibo economic refugees and migrants in Ogun state hustling for their daily bread and not the other way around like countless Yoruba people from Ogun state in your brutal, violent and barbaric sit at home slavery region.

Ibo people won't leave their home in the SE to look for their daily bread in Ogun state if Ogun state wasn't economically better, safer and secure than their violent terrorist controlled sit at home enclaves. This is basic common sense.

Is it me you meant to quote? Coz i don't understand where all this is coming from
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by Basic123: 12:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
helinues:
Reno should pls STFU.

You are only Owo epo.. Yoruba's no dey amongst those wey you go dey toy with their blokos.

Face your region
He thinks yoruba are dumb like some IPOB terrorists who love their ego to be massaged.
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by ManOfSon: 12:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
Can they find one office in Abuja for this clown already so he can let us breathe? How social media rewards the craziest among us, I can never understand.
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by Worldtaker: 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
Reno is right though. You gotta give it to SW especially, Lagos and Ogun
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by joba4luv: 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by plaindealer: 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
SmartyPants:

Is it me you meant to quote? Coz i don't understand where all this is coming from

My apologies, I accidentally quoted you, it was meant for the person that you quoted.
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by Emetex22(m): 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2023
Tunde835:
Why don't you leave our island alone
Whose land? the one your grand father sold, keep deluding urself
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by Emetex22(m): 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
saintrow1:

Lagos is paining this 1 grin grin grin grin
Until u travel, u will never understand the word shit hole,
Re: The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri by juman(m): 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
He is politician looking for food to eat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Angela Merkel Set To Visit Nigeria, Other West African Nations On Wednesday / Sanwo-olu Writes Assembly, Seeks Approval For N250bn Loan / AfdB: Peter Obi Declares Support For Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.