Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,251 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? (29333 Views)

An Employer Asking Applicant About His Salary In His Previous Work.is It Right? / Level 8 Salary In Federal Ministries As At December 2017 / Attend This Training And Get A Guaranteed Full Time Job ( 75k To 150k Salary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Emdebby2: 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2023
If you live on the Island, it's expensive but you can manage depending on how you spend. If you stay at the mainland, it's cheaper than the island.
Cut down on your expenditures.
Use 50% 30% 20% method.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Yomit71(m): 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2023
Evolutionlove:

You can't see a Good Mini Flat for Paltry 200k yearly in a Good area in Lagos. That's it.
Still depending on what you mean by good area.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Bluearrow: 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2023
africanusvu:
Bro,i have been working for 8yrs in same ur Lagos, started with 60k,now in 105k per month, married with kuds, leaving in moderate apartment here,just finished my building ladt xmas at home in the east, still manage ny little car,yet happy home from same salary,my dear nottlhin is so impossible,u only need to be sincere to each other bw u and ur wife,
Oga u have another source of income
There is no way u can build a house in the east & run a family with 105k salary, make una dey talk truth abeg...

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Jamie1000: 7:54pm On Jul 16, 2023
Lagos even pays better. Do you know the kind of job you have to do in Abuja to earn 150k? Yet, you can bearly see a room and palor for 500k.
Bro, cut your coat according to your size. With steady 150k, you can save atleast 50k every month. As long as you avoid olosho and broke galfriends.

3 Likes

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by akpumping7720(m): 8:32pm On Jul 16, 2023
Englishisamust:
How can a single person manage a 150k salary job in lagos. Considering house rent and a lot of expenses that are high here in lagos??

I need your input guys!!!
Let me dash you this for free. When you resume work and your company does not have HMO, just apply for Lagos state health insurance scheme. N8500 per annum for single. Your health is covered. Iree ooooo.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Sprints3: 8:56pm On Jul 16, 2023
Evolutionlove:

This is the TRUTH.

If your family doesn't own a house or they aren't financially buoyant just to start with in Lagos. You have no business with Lagos.

If you are coming from another state to Lagos as Poor Graduate or a Novice who knows nobody in Lagos. Omoh Na suffer you dey oo.

Most People doing fine in Lagos are mostly indigenes whom their Forefathers have Stolen Lands etc and invested heavily during the dark ages.

Another set of people are the Igbos due to their Business Acumen.

Well who knows you can be lucky or dabble into as Usual.
seems u have a lot of experiences in Lagos u just said the truth. The people I was working with are so rich stinkly rich as if they are blood money people. They are not oo. There is man who works for NFF if u wan enter inside VGC na his house dey by the left very big house he has big television outside his compound where his guards and maybe his friends join him to watch ball when he is around. So rich. He can just dash u Up to 100k if he feels like. I saw him gift a lady 50k gave one of my colleague who got close to through our former colleague. He gave him 100k. I had to leave that state I can't compete. To tell u the truth none of us dey Lagos this guy is in UK with his family the former colleague is in Port Harcourt me I no dey there again too. Lagos island is not for the weak.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Rilwayne001: 9:11pm On Jul 16, 2023
Yomit71:

Depending on where you live in Lagos, you'll even see a miniflat of 200

shocked sad
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by easzypeaszy(m): 9:33pm On Jul 16, 2023
Mountbatten:

That place is too far abeg. Can't imagine if OP has a job on the Island, they better find another job or they'll be miserable.
how now.. Hahahaha Iyana Ipaja far? U no sabi road be dat.
Just stand for road 5am to 5:30am.. Direct car to Lekki b4 subsidy is 400 or 500, Now is 700 naira.
Go and come I don't spend 2k
For me I work 2weeks office 2weeks home.
You can get a good house at Oworo wt 400k or even less.
As a single guy I won't do more dan 300k for rent and won't go far frm my office
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Melagros(m): 10:24pm On Jul 16, 2023
Childfree:

I don't even think this question is necessary.

Of all things that would require you spend money, TP at least from your abode to work and health care is the only thing that is fixed you can't directly influence how much you spend. Every other spending depends on you, you are the one to decide how you spend on them. So cut your coat according to your size.

The people who earn 50k and 500k both rent.
The people that earn 50k and 500k both cook something in their pots.
The people who earn 50k and 500k both wear clothe.

And so it goes.

Most definitely how much they spend on what I cited is different, do you know why?

Any amount would do you. Live like someone who earns 150k that's all.
Exactly God bless you brother
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by africanusvu(m): 6:41am On Jul 17, 2023
Bluearrow:

Oga u have another source of income
There is no way u can build a house in the east & run a family with 105k salary, make una dey talk truth abeg...
,my dear,see,there is no job,even a cleaner, that have no window of extra cash before month end,u guys should stop looking at that salary,just take the job ,look deeper as u work,do ur job well,watch ur back,soon,u may not be touching ur salary despite not stealing,let me shock u, today is 17th,i ve not received salary but i ve gotten close to my salary from same office yet i didn't steal,There are many ways inside the way just join the way first,if u start looking at what 50k salary can afford before taking the job,u never start,no be teachers under minimum wage dee buy land?
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by africanusvu(m): 7:14am On Jul 17, 2023
Natural2Heal:

It's not possible to survive on 105k salary in Lagos as a married man with kids. You will be borrowing to survive and can't build a house from your salary. You are lying.
,no single lie bro, infact i married when i was receiving far lower,see, the problems with jib seekers is that they only look at the salary in quote but forgot that therr are salaries besides salary in service without stealing,a minimum wage earner still pays his children school fees and feed well, what's d magic,take the job first,do it well,then,look deeper and watch ur back,u may soon forget ur salary,no worker,no matter how dull, ever go home at month end with exactly his quoted salary,many makes far more than their salary without stealing,this is mid month,but i av already got close to my salary in same job without any form of illegality,just learn d job well, open ur eye,be good to colleagues,be humble and never be greedy,ogar,there is salary inside salary,i have to be truthful to u,stop looking any how much do they pay

1 Like

Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Natural2Heal: 7:39am On Jul 17, 2023
easzypeaszy:
Just stand for road 5am to 5:30am.. Direct car to Lekki b4 subsidy is 400 or 500, Now is 700 naira.
As a single guy I won't do more dan 300k for rent and won't go far frm my office

If you are coming back from lekki after closing hour, you will never see lekki to ipaja 700 naira. You will have to pay the standard fee.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by sheepheart(f): 8:32am On Jul 17, 2023
Sprints3:
my brother I was earning that in Lagos before COVID I can tell u it's not worth it. I was living in a shared apartment and I spend little on rent yet I can't save money I can spend a lot on groceries and health. No time for myself the job was demanding. Couldn't save up to 200k in a year can u see how bad it is. I doubled my hustle increased it to 260k I didn't know more problem I got tired easily because I come home late. My brother just manage it but it not worth it. Was living on the isalnd my house at badore work at VGC yet I can't save Lagos is terrible. Left after COVID.

You're absolutely correct. Lagos is overrated. Please where are you located now?
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Simpubozz(m): 9:46am On Jul 17, 2023
Bro, walai you will figure it out ..
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 11:17am On Jul 17, 2023
Englishisamust:
How can a single person manage a 150k salary job in lagos. Considering house rent and a lot of expenses that are high here in lagos??

I need your input guys!!!

Where do you live?

Where do you work?
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by smartmotion: 11:24am On Jul 17, 2023
Discover how our specialized therapy programs can alleviate symptoms related to vestibular disorders and get you back on track to enjoying a balanced and active lifestyle.Vestibular Therapy Surrey is a specialized form of physical therapy designed to address issues related to the vestibular system, which plays a crucial role in maintaining balance and spatial orientation. By targeting the underlying causes of dizziness and balance problems, this therapy helps individuals regain stability and improve their overall function.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Kimiso(m): 11:49am On Jul 17, 2023
I am earning 25k as salary , i ride bicycle to and fro,i listened to music with my oraimo freepods 3 riding the bicycle to become resilient,it is fun to ride bicycle everyday

I hope you guys enjoy my true and captivating rhymes.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by Mountbatten: 6:29pm On Jul 17, 2023
easzypeaszy:

I'm almost certain OP will be going to work every day.

Have you seen struggle when looking to find transport after closing time? It's hell abeg.
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by easzypeaszy(m): 8:07am On Jul 18, 2023
Mountbatten:

I'm almost certain OP will be going to work every day.

Have you seen struggle when looking to find transport after closing time? It's hell abeg.
na why if u dey pray fr job..pray for stress free job..i mean dis kind of stress.
I hv nvr had issues waitin long to get car...i usually close 2;30pm...most time i leave office 4pm n i still get car goin to berger or oshodi within 20mins
Usually pays 700 now to berger and same to Oshodi..from Oshodi to Ipaja 300 to 400
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by HassanaHenry: 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
Hey guys,
I am not sure of your expectations about leaving Nigeria but if you fit in this criteria below. Click on the link below.
1. You can work in Oman. Do your personal research about their currency which is the second highest currency in the world.
2. You don't want to pay for visa or any agent if you are not desperate, The company or person will pay for it and other expenses but you will be patient because it takes time and luck.
(If you are desperate of leaving Nigeria with your money, I can also give you link but that's not on me. I am not an agent. I only found a way which I will like to share).
3. You must be between 18 - 35 years. If you are over 35, then your years of experience must be great. Please if you are close to 50, Don't disturb yourself.
4. Proficient or Fluent in English language is an advantage. Please be sure you are fluent in English.
5. Have a degree or a Professional work which you must be sure that you can do without any supervision. Please if you don't go to school, don't disturb yourself except you are ready for housekeeping, cleaning etc job. If you can do it, you can join too.
6. You must have an International passport. if you don't have, there is no way to move forward. You can join the group pending the time you get yours.

If you meet the terms and conditions. Join
https:///FFor4EhdoQBBGcU9jumg8Z

Serious minded only
Re: How Can You Manage 150k Salary In Lagos?? by yinkbell: 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
africanusvu:
,no single lie bro, infact i married when i was receiving far lower,see, the problems with jib seekers is that they only look at the salary in quote but forgot that therr are salaries besides salary in service without stealing,a minimum wage earner still pays his children school fees and feed well, what's d magic,take the job first,do it well,then,look deeper and watch ur back,u may soon forget ur salary,no worker,no matter how dull, ever go home at month end with exactly his quoted salary,many makes far more than their salary without stealing,this is mid month,but i av already got close to my salary in same job without any form of illegality,just learn d job well, open ur eye,be good to colleagues,be humble and never be greedy,ogar,there is salary inside salary,i have to be truthful to u,stop looking any how much do they pay

There is so much wisdom in ur msg
Can I send you a DM bro?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. / 5 Habits That Will Increase Your Chances Of Landing A Job / Myjob Mobile App (android)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.