Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor (23555 Views)

Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing / Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by coogar: 12:57pm On Oct 07, 2011
frosbel:

"The Lord also says:Because the daughters of Zion ( Christian Women )  are haughty,walking with heads held high and seductive eyes,going along with prancing steps,jingling their ankle bracelets,the Lord will put scabs on the heads of the daughters of Zion,and the Lord will shave their foreheads bare.On that day the Lord will strip their finery: ankle bracelets, headbands, crescents, pendants, bracelets, veils, headdresses, ankle jewelry, sashes, perfume bottles, amulets, signet rings, nose rings, festive robes, capes, cloaks, purses, garments, linen clothes, turbans, and veils.Instead of perfume there will be a stench;instead of a belt, a rope;instead of beautifully styled hair, baldness;instead of fine clothes, sackcloth;instead of beauty, branding." - Isaiah 3:16-24

"Also, the women are to dress themselves in modest clothing, with decency and good sense, not with elaborate hairstyles, gold, pearls, or expensive apparel, but with good works, as is proper for women who affirm that they worship God. " - 1 Timothy 2:9-10

"Your beauty should not consist of outward things like elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold ornaments[w] or fine clothes. 4Instead, it should consist of what is inside the heart with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very valuable in God’s eyes. 5For in the past, the holy women who put their hope in God also beautified themselves in this way, submitting to their own husbands"-1 Peter 3:3-5

"Then out came a woman to meet him, dressed like a H.arlot and with crafty intent." - Proverbs 7:10

you reside in the united kingdom, i expect you to know better. . . . . .

the environment plays a part in this "dressing in churches" issue. . . . .you cannot then compare how people would dress in spain for instance to nigeria where we have overzealous and overbearing church leaders. what makes one's dressing decent or indecent? is there a rule book? will God judge the heart/intention or what people are comfortable wearing?

women wear trousers to church in majority of the western world whilst it's almost a taboo in some churches in nigeria, are you then telling me the female church members in the west would all go to hell and the ones in nigeria would make it? how would they be judged. i was in germany a while ago and on getting to church, i saw the pastor of that church with some other elders in the church smoking tobacco. you would be hard-pressed to see that in nigeria but in the west, tobacco-smoking is almost normal to keep warm! are you then telling me that pastor is hell-bound because he wants to keep warm or what?

abeggi, let nigerian pastors continue to deceive themselves. the hypocrisy there is when they come to the united kingdom, they look the other way cos they cannot impose their archaic religious beliefs of nigeria here. you cannot tell a member of the congregation to get out of the church because you think she has dressed indecently. whereas in lagos, it's a  very normal procedure to walk people out from the church! so i like have said, there's no hard and fast rule. people should wear what makes them feel comfortable. i don't go to church to ogle at girls in mini-skirt. go to church, pray, give thanks for another day and get out of there!
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by baslone: 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2011
Nigerian Pastors, Indian pastors or Western pastors

They are all the same abeg. They preach from the same source and bend the books to fit their individual styles.

The hypocrisy is same everywhere, we get to read these stories on the internet on regular basis.

Let's call a spade a spade. You don't need a third eye to know the difference

between an indecent dressing and a decent one.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by coogar: 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2011
baslone:

Nigerian Pastors, Indian pastors or Western pastors

They are all the same abeg. They preach from the same source and bend the books to fit their individual styles.

The hypocrisy is same everywhere, we get to read these stories on the internet on regular basis.

Let's call a spade a spade. You don't need a third eye to know the difference

between an indecent dressing and a decent one.

is that why you are in church? to be the judge of who dresses decently and who doesn't?
how does that affect me? if you see something you feel is indecent in church, close your eyes or look the other way!
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by yoged(m): 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2011
Ijogz K:

No be by dress code ohhhhhhhhhhhh, ''Jehovah Witness'' pple na dem dey witness by body pass, It's been a while they visited me last self. Their babes sweet die grin
wen it comes to grooming,dose jehova witnesses always dress decently.so u mean,wen 'em girls are preachin 4 u, ur d1ck wud started getting hard? Lol,very soon u'll be sleeping wif ur mama.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Beaf: 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2011
coogar:

is that why you are in church? to be the judge of who dresses decently and who doesn't?
how does that affect me? if you see something you feel is indecent in church, close your eyes or look the other way!

shocked

You're not serious! That is when I actually start looking. Going to church should be a pleasant and uplifting experience. grin
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by coogar: 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2011
Beaf:

shocked
You're not serious! That is when I actually start looking. Going to church should be a pleasant and uplifting experience. grin

if it's pleasant, why complain?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by gamechange(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2011
I'd rather you preach against decadence and indecent dressing in society at large. This approach of you warning them not to distract you at church meanwhile its us outside they should be tempting abi?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by tunnytox(m): 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2011
@coogar
BTW how does smoking tobacco keeps you warm? Am I missing something here?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 07, 2011
tunnytox:

@coogar

Ask them for me grin
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by coogar: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2011
tunnytox:

@coogar

it's the reason smokers take it until bush african men do it even at 40 degrees centigrade!
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2011
women wear trousers to church in majority of the western world whilst it's almost a taboo in some churches in nigeria, are you then telling me the female church members in the west would all go to hell and the ones in nigeria would make it?

I see nothing wrong in wearing trousers in a decent fashion.

My wife wears trousers in a modest way ,  mostly with long shirts as a covering.

By indecent dressing , my particular reference is to tight trousers, skirts and blouses that reveal every single curve in a woman's body.

This is the reason why people like Beaf are not yet saved, they go to church and forget about the real message  grin

On a more serious note women who are truly saved should respect their bodies and stop dressing like harlots !!! Harsh yes, but fact.

abeggi, let nigerian pastors continue to deceive themselves. the hypocrisy there is when they come to the united kingdom, they look the other way cos they cannot impose their archaic religious beliefs of nigeria here.

Funny because we are talking about Nigeria here and not the UK.

In Nigeria many so called sisters dress so much like the world it is difficult to tell the difference.

you cannot tell a member of the congregation to get out of the church because you think she has dressed indecently.

You can and you should. I would !

whereas in lagos, it's a  very normal procedure to walk people out from the church!

good but in very rare cases.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by coogar: 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2011
frosbel:

I see nothing wrong in wearing trousers in a decent fashion.

My wife wears trousers in a modest way , mostly with long shirts as a covering.

By indecent my particular reference is to tight trousers, skirts and blouses that reveal every single curve in a woman's body.

women should not wear slim-fitting shirts again? why?
because what they wear arouses your perverted mind? why would you blame someone else for what you feel?

This is the reason why people like Beaf are not yet saved, they go to church and forget about the real message  grin

then people like beaf need therapy!

On a more serious note women who are truly saved should respect their bodies and stop dressing like harlots !!! Harsh yes, but fact.

i don't see what women wear in church. i don't go to church to see such stuffs - maybe that's a factor!

Funny because we are talking about Nigeria here and not the UK.

so would God judge differently?
women from nigeria would be judged differently from the ones in the uk? is that what you are saying?
or are you saying when a woman goes to nigeria, she should dress decently and when she's abroad, she should dress "indecently"?
make up your mind!

In Nigeria many so called sisters dress so much like the world it is difficult to tell the difference.

has it occurred to you these sisters wear what makes them comfortable?
i find it difficult to wear dressing shirts in nigeria because of the searing heat! i only do t-shirts and wifebeaters. . . .maybe i dress indecently too! cheesy

You can and you should. I would !

i go to church every sunday and i don't see these things!!
i don't even know what constitutes "indecent dressing".

good but in very rare cases.

be deceiving yourself!
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by 1025: 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2011
it is really unfortunate that ppl dress like mad ppl into the church and no one is saying or doing anything about that. i remember going to a church programme one day and a girl i know sat in front my seat. throughout that service, i could not concentrate. she was wearing a G-string pant and a low waist jean with a short top. if she sat down, the G-string will be at her back while her jeans will be on her laps. if she stood up, every part of her backside will show and i was very very uncomfortable till the end of the service. thank God i was opportuned to drop her while we finished in the church. she will never forget that embarrassment because i told her the truth of her life for wasting the whole day for me.
the sin of indecent dressings can be linked to women 98% and such sin must be addressed in our churches. Mountain of Fire will work you out if you come to church like a mad woman or man and i v seen that happened.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by coogar: 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2011
1025:

it is really unfortunate that ppl dress like mad ppl into the church and no one is saying or doing anything about that. i remember going to a church programme one day and a girl i know sat in front my seat. [b]throughout that service, i could not concentrate. she was wearing a G-string pant and a low waist jean with a short to[/b]p. if she sat down, the G-string will be at her back while her jeans will be on her laps. if she stood up, every part of her backside will show and i was very very uncomfortable till the end of the service. thank God i was opportuned to drop her while we finished in the church. she will never forget that embarrassment because i told her the truth of her life for wasting the whole day for me.
the sin of indecent dressings can be linked to women 98% and such sin must be addressed in our churches. Mountain of Fire will work you out if you come to church like a mad woman or man and i v seen that happened.

you are a pervert! your eyes should be fixed on the altar - not the g-string in front of you!
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Afam4eva(m): 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2011
coogar:

you are a pervert! your eyes should be fixed on the altar - not the g-string in front of you!

Like it's that easy. Are you trying to glorify indecency in the curch or what exactly are you on about.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2011
coogar:

women should not wear slim-fitting shirts again? why?
because what they wear arouses your perverted mind? why would you blame someone else for what you feel?

Perverted mind  

I am content with my beautiful wife  grin

then people like beaf need therapy!

Hmm, you tell him !  cheesy

i don't see what women wear in church. i don't go to church to see such stuffs - maybe that's a factor!

Because your mind is more interested in the tithe and offerings , sow and reap false message pastor is preaching.

so would God judge differently?
women from nigeria would be judged differently from the ones in the uk? is that what you are saying?

Don't put words in my mouth !!

or are you saying when a woman goes to nigeria, she should dress decently and when she's abroad, she should dress "indecently"?
make up your mind!

to be honest , in some instances the girls in Europe dress more conservatively than Nigerian women  back home.

I have witnesses to be provided on demand,

has it occurred to you these sisters wear what makes them comfortable?

Good logic except that it does not apply.

i find it difficult to wear dressing shirts in nigeria because of the searing heat! i only do t-shirts and wifebeaters. . . .maybe i dress indecently too! cheesy

of course , I do not expect you to wear a 3 piece suit in the hot sun.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2011
@Coogar
All your postings on this topic so far show that you are naive about the things of God. Abeg comot go to where your type belong
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by AmakaG29(f): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2011
Church is about living a proper life in every way.

Indecent dress = Indecent thoughts = Indecent actions

By dressing in a vulgar, offensive matter it is a distraction and disrespectful to God's house. If it is all that you own, let someone know so she can help you find more appropriate attire. Outward appearance matters (why do you think people don't hold church at bars or clubs)!

Please respect yourselves and respect God.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2011
^^

God bless you a million times and over for this statement !
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by coogar: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2011
afam4eva:

Like it's that easy. Are you trying to glorify indecency in the curch or what exactly are you on about.

what i am about is there's nothing called indecency in church as long as a woman is not stark nak[i]e[/i]d in church. nigerian men are hypocrites!
blaming their own perverted corrupted minds on what ladies wear? it seems there are more dogs in human skins in that country called nigeria.
who goes to church to be prying at g-strings? jeeez!

frosbel:

Perverted mind  
I am content with my beautiful wife  grin

if you are contented with her, stop complaining!

Because your mind is more interested in the tithe and offerings , sow and reap false message pastor is preaching.

yes, it's better than what you do, recording the bra colours of sister florence every given sunday!

Don't put words in my mouth !!
to be honest , in some instances the girls in Europe dress more conservatively than Nigerian women  back home.

nigeria is hotter than all the countries in europe put together!
if you expect nigerian women to be wearing winter coats and jackets in that searing heat, then you are on your own!

I have witnesses to be provided on demand,

go ahead!

Good logic except that it does not apply.

it applies in every way!

of course , I do not expect you to wear a 3 piece suit in the hot sun.

but those bush men wear 3-piece suit in the hot sun!
just like the idiotic lawyers still wear stinking wigs in the hot sun - what the heck is that about?
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by coogar: 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2011
Batam:

@Coogar
All your postings on this topic so far show that you are naive about the things of God. Abeg comot go to where your type belong

you are such a miserable sod!

Amaka G29:

Church is about living a proper life in every way.

Indecent dress = Indecent thoughts = Indecent actions

By dressing in a vulgar, offensive matter it is a distraction and disrespectful to God's house. If it is all that you own, let someone know so she can help you find more appropriate attire. Outward appearance matters (why do you think people don't hold church at bars or clubs)!

Please respect yourselves and respect God.

don't buy into the gibberish nigerian men spew. the mind of a nigerian man is the mind of a nigerian man.
if you cover these sisters in a long veil, the mind of an average nigerian man is still corrupt enough to UnCloth her with his eyes! we are talking about some of the most devious minded homo-sapiens on this planet!
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by God2man(m): 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2011
In the midst of my people are wicked souls,says the bible. It is part of the strategy of the devil to send his agent to the church,to seduce and dress indecently,which unfortunately some believers have copied. The way you dress,is the way you will be addressed. Remember,God will not take it kindly with anyone,who seduced his servant to fall into the sin of immorality,as a result of indecent dressing. May God help us. God2man.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by hardbody: 5:56pm On Oct 07, 2011
All of una no get work, plus the pastor and the shephered. Including the reading audience sef, Mtcheeeewwwwwwww lipsrsealed
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2011
I think dress sense is very important. You do not put on a party dress to church for example. It is that simple. People address you and judge you based on the way you dress - whether you like it or not.

There is freedom of expression and that extends to the way you dress but then it's up to everyone to know what is sensible and what is not.

Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2011
This is very sexist, how about indecently dressed men! Why not go after men who don't shave or bath or wear slippers or leave their balls hanging out of their shorts, you just have to attack women like they don't have enough people attacking them already out there, now you want to do it church as well, this is sick, immoral and perverse. if you can't control yourself, and you want to look at a woman's behind or thighs then you are the one who is "indecent". Women should not allow self righteous men to get away this thing and use it as an excuse to rape women in church.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2011
@God2man what about the men who wear God rings and seduce women with their big muscles (or big stomachs, as some may prefer). How about the handsome men? do they stay at home? come on guys!!!
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2011
This has nothing to do with being sexist dear. So in the name of 'equality' a lady should dress nude? Is that what you are saying? Indecency applies to men and ladies and as a man there are generally accepted ways of dressing reasonable as the occasion demands - the same applies to ladies.

No need to divert attention from the matter at hand. When indecency is measure, there is more emphasis on the lady side because there is more potential for an assaul or an abuse.

Do not always read sexism undertones to stuff.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 7:24pm On Oct 07, 2011
@divine2043 and you just happened to be man who saying this
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2011
@divine2043 there is more potential for an assaul or an abuse from indecent men!
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2011
What has being handsome got to do with sexual harassment? I think the point is simple here. I have said that both men and women need to dress decently. However, whether you like it or not, ladies are more liable to being assaulted. If you had an indecently dressed boy or girl go out, where lies the greater risk of assault?

This post is not strictly about the causes of intimate assaults and I think there is every risk of derailing the objectives.

The pastor has aired his fears and his points are well valid.

You may differ but you are entitled to your opinion just as I am. That's the way an educated discussion of an opinions goes.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 7:33pm On Oct 07, 2011
@divine2043 you are not entitled to discriminate against women, and to look down on then. No, I know that is what your good bible teaches you, so I am not asking you to act like Jesus or God or any of his disciples or anyone notable in the bible (they are all men btw) I am asking you to act like a decent human being and respect women.
Re: Indecent Dressing In Churches Worries Nigerian Pastor by zataxs: 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2011
@divine2043 have you seen how alter boys dress? btw, and we all know what happens to their behinds in those dark corners of the church when everyone's gone home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biodun Fatoyinbo Aka "Robust Reply" Visits Ibadan By Deji Yesufu / Which Religion Has Largest Number Of Population / God Told Me He's Tired Of People Who Are Not Married But Have Sex - Preacher Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.