Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! (1300 Views)

Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Help! An Unwanted Pregnancy Is Ruining My Life. / Help Gambling Addiction!!! It's Ruining Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Trying2BeStronG: 9:29pm On Jul 15, 2023
Good evening guys. All I am about to say right now is true and based on what is currently happening in my life. I am a vibrant 28years old guy, completed school, has worked good jobs over the years, spent some couple of years abroad also.

However, something seems to be killing me deeply which is BETTING. I started since the inception of bet9ja and have grown over the years to become a staunch addict. I am so addicted to the extent I constantly used my salaries and even went to the extent of taken several loans to play bet. I try to balance between my salaries and the debt I owe.

I left Nigeria and travelled abroad, all through my stay abroad I could not save a dime due to betting even as I was earning a very cool salary. Recently I came back to Nigeria and I arrived to stay at my parents place for like 2 months and you know what, I came back with barely nothing . I have now taken my addiction to an extent of even taking money from my mum and sister's bank account to fund my betting lifestyle only for me to lose all this money with no means to refund them back.

. Tonight my mum called me to talk about the money and I truly felt so bad, we all know how sharp the words of African mum can be. I don't know what to do anymore, maybe I am being possessed or I am having a spiritual attacks I can't really say. I just can't get it straight anymore.

Honestly, I have been feeling depressed and having mood swings recently to the extent of even contemplating suicide but I am trying to stay strong. Instead of committing suicide I am planning to leave the house without notice and move on with my life somewhere else. I have failed my Family woefully .
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by mariovito(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2023
Aviator shades.

It's an addiction.

There's a thrill you feel at the point of staking, that uncertainty and hope of hitting jackpot or whatever the prize to the stake is, that dopamine thrill is what brings you back every damn time.

Now that I have shrunk it down for you, go find the solution yourself.

2 Likes

Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Trying2BeStronG: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2023
mariovito:
Aviator shades

What is Aviator shades please.
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by izonborn098(m): 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2023
Sell ur house or sell ur father's house or better still go and take a big loan to bet chelsea to sack pochettino before december and become a millionaire over night then u thank me later.
Evil spirit u never start.
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Beremx(f): 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2023
Betting companies won't stop functioning because you're addicted to betting. How you will stop it now, na God hand e dey
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by mariovito(m): 9:37pm On Jul 15, 2023
Oh, I was only alluding to the betting platform; Aviator. Heard that one is even more thrilling as you watch your funds fly away

Trying2BeStronG:

What is Aviator shades please.

3 Likes

Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Shellsploit: 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2023
cry cry
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by dahmie2013: 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2023
OP, seems you have hit rock bottom. Why not go to God in prayers? People seem to underestimate God with cases like this.
If you are a Christian, I'll advise you get this book by Bishop David Oyedepo, Conquering Controlling Powers. It will give you insight into the root cause of the problem.
Suicide isn't an option.

1 Like

Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by JASONjnr(m): 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2023
Nobody has the power or the magic words to tell you how you can stop betting.

The only time you will succumbed to it is if you meet dead and survived.... Even at that, you might still come back alive to continue the nonsense.

You alone have the zeal and the determination to decline whatever addiction you've put yourself into.

I used to manage a bet9ja company many years ago and I barely stake my money except dashed monies. And I refused to let it slip into me.

Sinced I stopped working there, never visited a betting house except to see premier League games.

2 Likes

Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Boogyman557: 10:45pm On Jul 15, 2023
Holly Gram cool

Chai...

This betting go hard u to stop ooo..

Once u start to play betting, u don join SECRET CULT be that...

Once u get ADDICTED, u don take OATH be that..

Getting ADDICTED to betting is a SPIRITUAL tin from the devil to set u back..

U need to join better prayer house or church but just know say prayers will not work if u are not determine to stop..

Even if u stop for a while, once better money or small money enter ur hand..

U go de reason to bet again because dat betting SPIRIT strong well well..

May God help u bro..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by TheSourcerer: 11:17pm On Jul 15, 2023
Trying2BeStronG:
Good evening guys. All I am about to say right now is true and based on what is currently happening in my life. I am a vibrant 28years old guy, completed school, has worked good jobs over the years, spent some couple of years abroad also.

However, something seems to be killing me deeply which is BETTING. I started since the inception of bet9ja and have grown over the years to become a staunch addict. I am so addicted to the extent I constantly used my salaries and even went to the extent of taken several loans to play bet. I try to balance between my salaries and the debt I owe.

I left Nigeria and travelled abroad, all through my stay abroad I could not save a dime due to betting even as I was earning a very cool salary. Recently I came back to Nigeria and I arrived to stay at my parents place for like 2 months and you know what, I came back with barely nothing . I have now taken my addiction to an extent of even taking money from my mum and sister's bank account to fund my betting lifestyle only for me to lose all this money with no means to refund them back.

. Tonight my mum called me to talk about the money and I truly felt so bad, we all know how sharp the words of African mum can be. I don't know what to do anymore, maybe I am being possessed or I am having a spiritual attacks I can't really say. I just can't get it straight anymore.

Honestly, I have been feeling depressed and having mood swings recently to the extent of even contemplating suicide but I am trying to stay strong. Instead of committing suicide I am planning to leave the house without notice and move on with my life somewhere else. I have failed my Family woefully .
What made me stop was
It is a fact I would loose money
And it's a factbill not be the one winning the jackpot so why even bother?.

Its not demonic possession we are creatures of habits find or create another habit 7 years off gambling
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Trying2BeStronG: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2023
mariovito:
Aviator shades.

It's an addiction.

There's a thrill you feel at the point of staking, that uncertainty and hope of hitting jackpot or whatever the prize to the stake is, that dopamine thrill is what brings you back every damn time.

Now that I have shrunk it down for you, go find the solution yourself.

Hmmm..very true.
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Foodqueen(f): 1:09am On Jul 16, 2023
Since you've already know that it's a problem, you are on the right path to healing yourself.

Make up your mind that u will never win.

Its cos u have hope that u might win someday, that's why you keep putting your money in there.
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by ecolime(m): 7:06am On Jul 16, 2023
Betting Addiction

Only you can help yourself bro. You have to make a conscious effort to stop it by every means.

Purpose in your mind not stake even N1. Start by not borrowing from your mum or sister. Delete betting APPS. Don't visit their shops. Stop following football news if need be. You can switch to movies.

It is well with you

1 Like

Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 16, 2023
No one is spiritually attacking you, addiction is one of the worst fight anyone can engage in, unfortunately for you,it is a fight only you can fight for yourself,start by telling yourself that you don't need anything from any betting company,even if you are being offered the chance of staking 20$ to win $100 million dollar to prove that you can pronounce your name, decline it,the chances of you ever wining and staying on top any betting company is always zero, that's the gospel truth,you may win 200,000 today, before the month runs out,you had find out that you have actually lost more than 200,000 back to the company,yes that's how evil betting is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by ayoola2002(m): 7:34am On Jul 16, 2023
First thing, delete the app on your phone and dont mistakenly open your bet account anymore, even though when you know that the next football matches is sure like Man City vs Bolton. This is how i stopped that rubbish, though i make more than N500000 in a month, I don't bet beyond N2000 then.

Secondly, the time you use for forecast, use it to
pray. My candid advice

2 Likes

Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by demoBaba: 8:01am On Jul 16, 2023
dahmie2013:
OP, seems you have hit rock bottom. Why not go to God in prayers? People seem to underestimate God with cases like this.
If you are a Christian, I'll advise you get this book by Bishop David Oyedepo, Conquering Controlling Powers. It will give you insight into the root cause of the problem.
Suicide isn't an option.

You wan finished the guy patapata with those army robbers.
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Nice2023(m): 11:27am On Jul 16, 2023
Everything na spiritual for Nigeria.

U need to work on yourself.

And quickly at that,because if u gamble into ur 30's u will hardly stop.
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by ealtutu: 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2023
Go to a rehabilitation center you will be fine. uote author=Trying2BeStronG post=124445456]Good evening guys. All I am about to say right now is true and based on what is currently happening in my life. I am a vibrant 28years old guy, completed school, has worked good jobs over the years, spent some couple of years abroad also.

[/quote]
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Stevenbright(m): 6:35pm On Jul 16, 2023
Trying2BeStronG:

You don't have any spiritual problem. Rather, you are your own problem because you still feel you have lost too much on betting and that continuing to play will ensure you win big one day to cover all your losses. This is delusional and the sucker that got you hooked. So, these are some of the things you need to do:

1. Tell yourself you can't ever recover all you had lost to betting and that you need to stop now before it destroys you completely.

2. If it is possible, deactivate All your betting accounts.

3. Dispose off your android phone for now and start using a touch light phone.

4. Write down all the list of what you have lost and will still lost if you don't stop the addiction now and a second list of all you stand to gain in the next few years if you are able to overcome it. Use the reading of the two lists daily to remind and motivate you to remain discipline in your resolve to stop betting.

1 Like

Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Giggy41: 7:46pm On Jul 16, 2023
Start by Uninstalling Twitter and deactiving all your sporty bet accounts

2 Likes

Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by frozen70(f): 2:30am On Jul 17, 2023
Trying2BeStronG:

You dont have any spiritual problem
The problem you are facing is your life style and the habit you formed from betting and nothing else

You need a girlfriend who is very organize to help reset your life password

That is if you will be willing to take corrections from her and be ready to make a change before it will be too late
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by lakkyflow(m): 10:30am On Jul 17, 2023
You Need Someone who has Experienced all you wrote there and even More and Eventually Conquered Gambling Addictions. There are Rules and Steps to Redeem you !! Reach me on 0.9.059105878 on WhatsApp . Let's talk and Relate ! If you won't be Honest and Plain , Don't Bother Reaching out to me . Good Luck
Trying2BeStronG:

Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by terrezo2002(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2023
Trying2BeStronG:

https://www.nairaland.com/7331850/demon-betting-operations
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Kajaard: 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2023
mariovito:
Oh, I was only alluding to the betting platform; Aviator. Heard that one is even more thrilling as you watch your funds fly away

Lol cheesy grin cheesy
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Houseofglam7(f): 3:34am On Jul 18, 2023
Child of doom, please come and carry your brother 😩😫😩🤲🏼🤲🏼🤲🏼😩😫😩
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Starboytwo(m): 10:18am On Jul 20, 2023
Betting keh

I don’t win. It’s like the teams purposely do the opposite of my stake.

I kukuma decide it’s not my thing.

Betting is the last thing I’d do with my money.

2 Likes

Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Neddstark: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
Its high time psychologists start advertising services to rehabilitate gamblers.

1 Like

Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by ahnie: 9:00am On Jul 21, 2023
Some opined bet addicts makes good husbands grin
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Aerow: 9:58am On Jul 21, 2023
Wahala
Re: How Betting Is Ruining Me And My Family Bond. Help!!! by Zupay: 10:45am On Jul 21, 2023
ahnie:
Some opined bet addicts makes good husbands grin

Any woman who intentionally marries a betting addict, hates children she intends to have with the man. A betting addict is a dead weight.

(1) (Reply)

Leave Your Married Ex-girlfriends Alone — Activist Instructs Nigerian Men. / Kenny Saint Brown And Eddy Remedy Have Broken Up Finally / New Forms Of Kidnapping!: Pls Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.