Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,939 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu (12219 Views)

FG Budgets N4trn For Expenditures No One Accounts For / How South East Lost Out In $93b Foreign Investments / N50bn 'Disappeared', N4trn Unremitted By NNPC... Damning 2016 Audit Of FG's Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by EBMedia: 8:27am On Jul 16, 2023
Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Benjamin Kalu has said that statistical data indicates that the south-east geopolitical zone lost N4 trillion in two years due to the sit-at-home order by separatist group, Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), IGBERETV reports.

Kalu stated this during a meeting with Ndigboamaka Progressive Markets Association in Lagos.

He noted that the Monday sit-at-home order has ruined businesses and also suppressed the economic growth of the five eastern states and should not be allowed to continue.

The Deputy Speaker said;

β€œThe existential threat to Igbo entrepreneurship and businesses now is the insecurity and sit-at-home problem in the south-east. The mutation of this problem is largely unfathomable. It is becoming a cankerworm that is eating deep into our collective fortune as a people.

β€œIf I do not tell you the truths as your son, then it will be difficult for anyone in governance from Ala-Igbo to tell you. I am pained by what our dear land has become. We have to be honest and sincere with ourselves. I make a heartfelt plea to every one of you.

β€œWe cannot afford to retreat from our business endeavours. The stay-at-home order on Mondays has resulted in staggering losses of N4 trillion in the last two years in the south-east alone according to statistical data."

https://igberetvnews.com/1448445/south-east-lost-n4trn-2-years-sit-home-order-deputy-speaker-ben-kalu/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by TemplarLandry: 8:28am On Jul 16, 2023
Funny.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by Curious345: 8:29am On Jul 16, 2023
Tinubu knows wat to

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by God1000(m): 8:30am On Jul 16, 2023
Too bad

Nigeria cannot develop with such big problem, the problem of insecurity must be adequately addressed in every part of the country for us to make headways.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by pdppower: 8:30am On Jul 16, 2023
If you igbo leaders cannot fight against it and stop the idiot hiding in Finland to command Nigeria, then no outsider will do it for you

111 Likes 12 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by Kudman: 8:38am On Jul 16, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by SonofLothbrok: 8:56am On Jul 16, 2023
Coming from the mouth of a politician trying to secure his position.
We are coming for you all.

All one Nigeria and political collaborators must vacate Biafran land or be face elimination.

Those red cap thieves called Ohanaeze Ndigbo will not escape our punishment.

We are coming. This is just sit at home and you are all complaining.

We will soon shift gear. Every saboteurs in our land must be eliminated.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by donbachi(m): 9:03am On Jul 16, 2023
How did you get that figure?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by kalufelix(m): 9:04am On Jul 16, 2023
You know the cause mr ben. use your position to make effort in solving the issue...i am telling you this as my brother..

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by iHart(m): 10:47am On Jul 16, 2023
How did he arrive at 4trn?

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by meum: 10:47am On Jul 16, 2023
How did he arrive at that figure? How much did Nigerians lose to the National Assembly’s reckless spending in 2years? Oga calculator, oya calculate & tell us.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by kelvindj98: 10:48am On Jul 16, 2023
No be only 4 trillion. People just pull figures out of their ass.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by Emergingnation(m): 10:48am On Jul 16, 2023
No freedom without sacrifices!

The actualisation of sovereign state of Biafra is a tasks that must be accomplished..

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by Emperormartin(m): 10:48am On Jul 16, 2023
Millions of Igbos in Nigeria are sitting at home in solidarity to their brother in prison and it's giving a hell of concerns to other Nigerians.

I still don't gerrit.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by Tinubuwins2023e: 10:48am On Jul 16, 2023
It's actually inconsequential. They should keep it up. The sit at home is good for them and that's why they are cowardly complying

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by crossfm: 10:49am On Jul 16, 2023
Hehehe.

The sit at home favours no one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by mekleelex200(m): 10:49am On Jul 16, 2023
STFU this mad men that thought they know all, when fire was still young non of these technocrats and politicians did anything to quench the fire, now the are thinking about the money lost. What about lives lost?
The earlier we quench the fire the better for us.

It makes me cry that the peace loving East is now a death zone, and I feel the government is sponsoring this cannage in South East because is only when one politician is affected that they act their abracadabra.
How can you tell me you have ur people at heart but you cannot do anything to save them.

I miss you NwaAmaikpe, anywhere you are I am missing your philosophy, I so much belong to ur school of thought. If any one can link me with him via email or LinkedIn I will be the happiest man.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by Brendaniel: 10:50am On Jul 16, 2023
Na wa, this information needs proper verification though....
Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by Emperormartin(m): 10:52am On Jul 16, 2023
The Igbo governors aren't complaining because the people that voted them into power are IPOB faithfuls.

You can't come and be going against your people to satisfy those in Abuja when you have ascended the throne.

No now, with wisdom they'll just manage the crisis...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by MykellOni(m): 10:52am On Jul 16, 2023
Attendance: Present βœ”οΈ
Who is doing who
I'm outta here jawe.,
2bottles pls!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by Pio44: 10:52am On Jul 16, 2023
thank God, the one them gain wetin dem use am do?bad roads everywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by Uchefame(m): 10:52am On Jul 16, 2023
Yes we know but freedom worth more than any amount of money.

Free Mazi Nnamdi Kalu.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by abc115: 10:53am On Jul 16, 2023
IPOB Bureau of Statistics

Spokesperson: Peter Obi

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by DamnnNiggarr: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2023
shocked
Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by Alexiiydon: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2023
God1000:
Too bad

South East cannot develop with such big problem, the problem of insecurity must be adequately addressed in every part of the country for us to make headways.
Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by SwissMass: 10:54am On Jul 16, 2023
Kanu nnamdi the cancerous chukwu abiama of Igbo land himself, no man dare his authority in Igbo land, he command from anywhere in the world and all igbos
must obey, even Soludo that dare him, lost people lose to him, the unchallengeable challenger, at the mention of his every bumbum , either big or small must sit at home, even Peter girigory Obi ask for permission to go out jugging, the so called Igbo savior and messiah couldn't even liberate his people from the shackles of this god of bitterness and anguish, dare him and die, Chike Akunyili, Samuel Ndubusi Gulak and other traditional leaders that were killed and roasted will tell you more, the family of the emperor is even using his name to swindle his gullible and mentally unstable follower, his disciple, his eminence Simon Ekpa is using his name to enslave and commit unspeakable atrocities without consequences

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by RecentHistory: 10:55am On Jul 16, 2023
Curious345:
Tinubu knows wat to

The same Tinubu they accused of being behind UGM

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by Alexiiydon: 10:55am On Jul 16, 2023
SonofLothbrok:
Coming from the mouth of a politician trying to secure his position.
We are coming for you all.

All one Nigeria and political collaborators must vacate Biafran land or be face elimination.

Those red cap thieves called Ohanaeze Ndigbo will not escape our punishment.

We are coming. This is just sit at home and you are all complaining.
Nothing is good more than igbo killing igbo
We will soon shift gear. Every saboteurs in our land must be eliminated.
Re: South-East Lost N4trn In 2 Years To Sit-At-Home Order - Deputy Speaker, Ben Kalu by RecentHistory: 10:55am On Jul 16, 2023
Uchefame:
Yes we know but freedom worth more than any amount of money.

Free Mazi Nnamdi Kalu.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello: FG, EFCC Challenged To Publish Their 8-Year Financial Reports / Diezani In Trouble Again Over Withdrawal Of $1.3b From NNPC Accounts / National Youth Games: Sunday Dare Arrives Kwara (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.