Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,373 members, 7,861,024 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife (2227 Views)

Yoruba In Badagry Are From Ile-ife, Not Ghana – High Chief Wawu / Despite Meeting With Tinubu, Northern Bishops Insist They Won't Support Him / Danjuma And Ishaku In US; Insist Fulani Herdsmen Are Killing Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Stoplying: 11:21pm On Jul 16, 2023

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Wahabfuture: 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2023
Christistruth00:

The Awujale himself who told you the Story is of Oyo Ancestry

it was because he didn't like the fact that Alaafin was above him in the Oba hierarchy that he came out with that

pre Oduduwa histrory

The first Awujale was an Oyo Ilari ( Palace Official) who was sent by the Alaafin to Settle down in the middle of two Ijebu communities

that where battling each other over a piece of Territory

Because of the high regard both communities had for Alaafin , neither of them passed the Ilaris new residence in the middle

of both communities to attack the other again

Over the years the Ilari became the recognised head of both communities out of the respect both had for him

That was how the first king of Ijebu Ode came to be called Awujale ( The Settler of the Land dispute)

i would advise you to humbly apply to your neighbours the Igala, Ijaw and the Edo to supply what they know about your History and start from there to compile and truthfully build a Comprehensive History of your People instead of attacking the History of others all day long

it was the Pre Oduduwa Ijebus who were already around Lagos in the 9th Century that the Awujale was referring to as being from Sudan but Oduduwa and his Princes united all those they met on ground

The Ijebus were generally Aborigines that Oduduwa met on ground who later adopted mainly the Oduduwa Princes as their Obas

Almost all their Monarchs descended from Oduduwa

You can continue to lie to yourself if it will make you very happy, I repeat again IJEBUS came from Sudan, I don't even think you know anything about Ijebu-ode apart from what you read from that propaganda history they feed most of you.
I lived there for many years, married there and my children are still there, I am not going to waste my time arguing with you when I'm sure you won't listen other than the propaganda history they feed you about Ile-ife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Wahabfuture: 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2023
Gajagojo:

There. Is nothing like

THE IJEBU
There are dozens of different Ijebu groups and there was never a time when they were all under the Awujale.
The claim that THE IJEBU Neo not trace ancestry to IleIfe is false
if indeed the Awujale said so he can only speak for Ijebu Ode

Enough of your lies, who do this to you guys ? Ile-Ife, Ijebu-Ode, Ijebu Imosan and the rest are one, maybe you need to be in Ijebu-ode during Agemo festival, you see all these dozens of different Ijebu groups you are talking about are all there with their masquerades representing each villages at Fidipote round about. quit reading propaganda history, I am not omo Ijebu but i know a lot about them and I can speak Ijebu Language grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by omohayek: 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2023
Stoplying:

Go and seek the help of a psychiatrist. You are delusional.
This brazenly obvious Igbo troll is no doubt the same one who created that ridiculous puppet account called "Razakkk" or something similar, under which he has spent so much effort trying to artificially fan the flames of religious conflict by insinuating there's some sort of Islamic plot to take over Yorubaland. Anyone who spends all his days and nights attempting to sow division in another man's land is clearly in need of serious professional help.

These Igbo clowns are the first to claim someone or other is obsessed with their barren little enclave of insecurity, but they have nothing better to do than start lame troll threads anyone with an IQ above 80 can recognize for what they are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by APCNig: 6:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
successmatters:
So much division and confusion in one tribe.

They are children produced and trained by their biological parents, not baby factory products

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Gajagojo: 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2023
Wahabfuture:

Enough of your lies, who do this to you guys ? Ile-Ife, Ijebu-Ode, Ijebu Imosan and the rest are one, maybe you need to be in Ijebu-ode during Agemo festival, you see all these dozens of different Ijebu groups you are talking about are all there with their masquerades representing each villages at Fidipote round about. quit reading propaganda history, I am not omo Ijebu but i know a lot about them and I can speak Ijebu Language grin
do not argue like a fool

Ijebu extend beyond Ogun State.into Lagos State
There are riverine Ijebu as well . E.g that have a lot in. common with Ijaw and Ilaje in worshipping water deities
Rather than talking Nonsense why not address my claim that not all Ijebu are under the Awujale of Ijebu Ode e.g Epe and Ikorodu which is even bigger than Ijebu Ode

The claim that all Ijebu do not trace origin to Ile Ife is ignorant. Many do
Whether the Awujale said so or not

If you are Yoruba you would know the role of Ifa as a custodian in Yoruba history.
Ifa is clear it is not just Yoruba but ALL human life started in Ile Ife

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by oyatz(m): 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2023
Stoplying:

My origin is irrelevant as I present evidence which doesn't care about my origin.
The map was published in 1747 and it was made by people who witnessed that era of time, unless you have magical powers to know better than them what you did not witness and which they did witness, you have to change the way you think in order to adapt to reality rather than changing reality in order to adapt to the way you think. Many places which you call kingdom today were either not created in 1747 or were mere villages part of other kingdoms then. You guys in Nigeria have a bad idea of the concept of time, you believe that whatever you can see today has always existed (and in that form)
This guy dared ask me if the precolonial map was costume made for Benin 🤣

https://uniquemaps.eu/products/rare-old-map-of-africa-1747-by-emanuel-bowen-pre-colonial-handcoloured-slave-trade-negroland-ethiopia-barbary-nubia

Okay, Baba Evidence, we don hear but don't derail this beautiful thread.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Akaegwu(m): 8:03pm On Jul 17, 2023
TajuDEENaMao:

Be warned! I'm not here for your silly ethnic slurs. If you continue derailing my thread I won't have any option than making your life miserable. I'm not just your average Nairalander but a core traditionalist. If you think you're invisible then wait till you get smoked out by any means necessary.
You no well
Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Neckpresser101: 8:52pm On Jul 17, 2023
Jeyun:
but we have Sudan ijebu Yoruba the inferior Yorubas claiming lagosians

They can't handle the truth

The other clown is showing us a map with negroland 😂😂😂

Where be negroland abeg 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Neckpresser101: 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2023
Stoplying:

My origin is irrelevant as I present evidence which doesn't care about my origin.
The map was published in 1747 and it was made by people who witnessed that era of time, unless you have magical powers to know better than them what you did not witness and which they did witness, you have to change the way you think in order to adapt to reality rather than changing reality in order to adapt to the way you think. Many places which you call kingdom today were either not created in 1747 or were mere villages part of other kingdoms then. You guys in Nigeria have a bad idea of the concept of time, you believe that whatever you can see today has always existed (and in that form)
This guy dared ask me if the precolonial map was costume made for Benin 🤣

https://uniquemaps.eu/products/rare-old-map-of-africa-1747-by-emanuel-bowen-pre-colonial-handcoloured-slave-trade-negroland-ethiopia-barbary-nubia

Ode Where is negroland? grin

Do you know nsịbịdị writing are dated more than 2000 BC

Do you know Igbo-ukwu arts are dated more than 2000 BC?

Come let's discuss history

I'm well grounded at it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by wahalawahala: 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2023
Jeyun:
but we have Sudan ijebu Yoruba the inferior Yorubas claiming lagosians
Okoro face front, I repeat no Osu In Yoruba land..
Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Stoplying: 9:22pm On Jul 17, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Ode Where is negroland? grin
So you read "negroland" on a MAP!!!!! and proceeded to ask me where negroland is.
Are you dumb ?

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Stoplying: 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Do you know nsịbịdị writing are dated more than 2000 BC

Do you know Igbo-ukwu arts are dated more than 2000 BC?

Come let's discuss history

I'm well grounded at it

I seriously think you know nothing about history, if you did know anything then you would know that you have to present evidence and not just make claims like an illiterate.
Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Stoplying: 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2023
Most of you are intellectually limited, your education was very badly done. You don't understand simple things which I understood already when I was a kid.
Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Tochi3(m): 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2023
successmatters:

Lies.
Emir of ilorin told us who the osu are. They can't even practise their faith inside Yorubaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Raskimonojendor: 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2023
Gajagojo:
do not argue like a fool

Ijebu extend beyond Ogun State.into Lagos State
There are riverine Ijebu as well . E.g that have a lot in. common with Ijaw and Ilaje in worshipping water deities
Rather than talking Nonsense why not address my claim that not all Ijebu are under the Awujale of Ijebu Ode e.g Epe and Ikorodu which is even bigger than Ijebu Ode

The claim that all Ijebu do not trace origin to Ile Ife is ignorant. Many do
Whether the Awujale said so or not

If you are Yoruba you would know the role of Ifa as a custodian in Yoruba history.
Ifa is clear it is not just Yoruba but ALL human life started in Ile Ife
Ode-remo (an Ijebu town) was even named after two Ife quarters (Ilode and Iremo). The settlers migrated from those two quarters in Ife. And of course, there is Ijebu-Ife as well.

Epes, Ikorodus, Sagamu e.t.c. are all ijebus as well that trace their ancestry to Ife.

At the end of the day, they are yorubas and that is all that matters.

1 Like

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Raskimonojendor: 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2023

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by TajuDEENaMao: 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2023
omohayek:

This brazenly obvious Igbo troll is no doubt the same one who created that ridiculous puppet account called "Razakkk" or something similar, under which he has spent so much effort trying to artificially fan the flames of religious conflict by insinuating there's some sort of Islamic plot to take over Yorubaland. Anyone who spends all his days and nights attempting to sow division in another man's land is clearly in need of serious professional help.

These Igbo clowns are the first to claim someone or other is obsessed with their barren little enclave of insecurity, but they have nothing better to do than start lame troll threads anyone with an IQ above 80 can recognize for what they are.
Be very careful how you open your mouth and cast aspersions at my person (Eyin to ta yo,wahala enu ni) nitori (Asa nba eyele sere eye nyo, eyele n fi iku sere).

I'm not one you can toy with and go free.
Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Neckpresser101: 11:37pm On Jul 17, 2023
Stoplying:

So you read "negroland" on a MAP!!!!! and proceeded to ask me where negroland is.
Are you dumb ?

You're the Dumbo here?

Who is negroland?

We saw Benin there and others who are negroland ode

Stupid illiterate liar
Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Stoplying: 11:42pm On Jul 17, 2023
Neckpresser101:

You're the Dumbo here?

Who is negroland?

We saw Benin there and others who are negroland ode

Stupid illiterate liar
If you had any brain cells, then you would realize that according to the map, negroland refers to a region spread across several countries which the people of the 18th century referred to as negroland.
The fact I have to give this explanation only shows your total lack of common sense.

I have no inside knowledge to the map, indeed I was not born in the 1700s, yet I have to explain the obvious to a person who has eyes like me and who has a brain like me ... You are basically mentally a baby who needs to be spoon fed.

And now like the stvpid slowpoke you are, you are asking me "who is negroland?". Who did this to you ? Who made you extremely dumb?
Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Neckpresser101: 11:45pm On Jul 17, 2023
Stoplying:

I seriously think you know nothing about history, if you did know anything then you would know that you have to present evidence and not just make claims like an illiterate.

You're a 🐷

A big Oshogbo dwelling one at that grin

Who doesn't know about nsibidi and igbo ukwu art and nsude pyramids ?

How do you tell history without acheology

Archeology is the best way of telling history of a people

For instance there's nothing like Egypt the original name is kemet and all the hieroglyphs and writings and acheological evidence said same thing

Go and check all the stupid maps your stupid white swines drew no one ever said Egypt original name is kemet

You're a kid and stupid one at that
Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Neckpresser101: 11:46pm On Jul 17, 2023
Stoplying:

If you had any brain cells, then you would realize that according to the map, negroland refers to a region spread across several countries which the people of the 18th century referred to as negroland.
The fact I have to give this explanation only shows your total lack of common sense.

I have no inside knowledge to the map, indeed I was not born in the 1700s, yet I have to explain the obvious to a person who has eyes like me and who has a brain like me ... You are basically mentally a baby who needs to be spoon fed.

And now like the stvpid slowpoke you are, you are asking me "who is negroland?". Who did this to you ? Who made you extremely dumb?

Map map drew to fool swines like you! grin

Oshogbo illiterates

1 Like

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Stoplying: 11:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
Why is nairaland filled with uneducated and arrogant fanatics who believe they know better ?
Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Neckpresser101: 11:50pm On Jul 17, 2023
Stoplying:
Why is nairaland filled with uneducated and arrogant fanatics who believe they know better ?

People like you

When Anambra person like me is educating you

You should listen and learn

You lot know nothing

Be showing your fada map ode

1 Like

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Creeper: 1:22am On Jul 19, 2023
TajuDEENaMao:
Whenever you read the account of the Ijebu people about their origin they usually insist they are not from Ile-Ife, as history presents it.

They always trace their history to Sudan.,

Stop posting nonsense and learn how to separate factual history from political revisionism.

Ijebus do not trace their history to Sudan - Ijebu people migrated from Ife in different waves and settled in different areas. And the last wave was the Obanta one that started the Awujale dynasty in Ijebu Ode.

The whole Sudan nonsense started when the British colonists divided Ijebus into two, with the creation of Remo. And West Africa also used to be referred to as Western Sudan in ancient times.

Ijebus are seafarers - similar to Mahin and Itsekiris hence culturally and linguistically, they’re all similar.

1 Like

Re: Why The Ijebu Insist They Are Not From Ile-ife by Stoplying: 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2023
Creeper:

Stop posting nonsense and learn how to separate factual history from political revisionism.

This was good, but you procede to give your own ethno-political revisionism in the next paragraphs. This is a thing I noticed with you Nigerians, you say "don't be a thief" and five minutes later you are robbing a house.

Nobody migrated from Ife, all the stories about Ife are mere ethno-politics with no evidence to back them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis / Nigerian Girl Shot Dead In "Great" Britain / Picture Of Mamman Nur, Mastermind Of Un House Bombing In Abuja (25m Bounty)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.