Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,088 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (277316 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Scot2324(m): 9:30am On Sep 09, 2023
Soft2020:
Thank you sir, I will ignore the work reference letter and put only NYSC. I pray they don't request for it.

I'll implore you to write a cover letter.

Be detailed about what you've been doing since you graduated.

They may request, or may not!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Sam2305: 9:51am On Sep 09, 2023
Sam2305:
Hello

Pls which schools in UK take 2:2 grade for MPhil(masters of philosophy) or research based masters 1 year programme.

Most of the ones I have seen are 2:1 or first class,and I got something cool In uni of Salford but I don't even understand if it's 1 year or 3 years for the Mphil.

https://www.salford.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate-researchdoctorate/business-management-and-law

PS: BSc Degree is Accounting..hence,business,management, accounting fields.

@duchess and all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by victorVIC1(m): 10:32am On Sep 09, 2023
fablyn1010:

Not at all

Please I want to book Turkish Airline. I see the currency is USD, isn't it possible to book in local currency plus must I pay in full or booking can be done with partial payment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by glowriahaf: 10:36am On Sep 09, 2023
Hello

Anybody with a link to join the University of hull social media group,

Kindly share
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by IJay8: 10:51am On Sep 09, 2023
Sam2305:
Hello

Pls which schools in UK take 2:2 grade for MPhil(masters of philosophy) or research based masters 1 year programme.

Most of the ones I have seen are 2:1 or first class,and I got something cool In uni of Salford but I don't even understand if it's 1 year or 3 years for the Mphil.

https://www.salford.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate-researchdoctorate/business-management-and-law

@duchess and all
Please can you suggest to me which school take research based masters please my husband graduated with 2:1 in business administration we have bn looking for schools for research based masters so I can be able to join him in January intake?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by MENofIRON(m): 11:14am On Sep 09, 2023
Good morning Gurus!
Which airline is the cheapest that I can book asap?
My resumption date is 18th September and it's stated in my offer letter that it's the last day of enrollment. I don't know if it's allowed to arrive after resumption date.

I got my Visa Alert yesterday together with my 3 dependants.
Biometric was done on Monday 4th September.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2023
Hello

Most Unis offer research based masters

A lot of people do not understand how it works so I will break it down for you in the simplest form

Research based masters is not like taught masters, you have to propose a research study you want to undertake. This research has to be novel, contribute to science and have an impact in on whatever field of choice

Then you have to find a lecturer in whatever University you choose and pitch your proposal and ask if he /she can be your supervisor

If the person is interested in your research they will then interview you in some cases, ask you about how you intend to fund your work, and any interested partners, they will then accept to supervise you and inform the relevant authority in the Uni of your acceptance

That’s when you start to send your relevant documents and get your CAS

So I ask, does your husband have a research proposal?? That’s where he needs to start from

Cheers
quote author=IJay8 post=125679901]
Please can you suggest to me which school take research based masters please my husband graduated with 2:1 in business administration we have bn looking for schools for research based masters so I can be able to join him in January intake?[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 11:29am On Sep 09, 2023
Hello

I have written a summary of research based masters in responding to Ijay

Have a read and plan accordingly

Cheers
Sam2305:
Hello

@duchess and all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2023
Hello

I’m a lady

NYSC and cover letter should suffice

Cheers
quote author=Soft2020 post=125678162]Thank you sir, I will ignore the work reference letter and put only NYSC. I pray they don't request for it. [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Helperboss: 11:46am On Sep 09, 2023
MENofIRON:
Good morning Gurus!
My resumption date is 18th September and it's stated in my offer letter that it's the last day of enrollment. I don't know if it's allowed to arrive after resumption date.

congratulation ohhh I did my biometric too on the 4th of September ohh am next in line..please is it standard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Tolumhen(m): 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hi Duchess,

I have gotten a BRP mail since Thursday but I am yet to receive a collection mail from TLS. And my tracker is still stuck at received by DMC.

How long do you think it will take before I get the collection mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by bammywon: 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2023
good day gurus in the house

please i really need help i did my biometric on the 2nd of august at TLS ikeja Lagos until now i am yet to get any feedback from UKVI not even an empty NSF

so on the 23rd of august i did a paid call and paid mail was told still awaiting decision and my case was escalated by next week Wednesday it will be 15 working days that my case have been escalated still no decision made on my application and my start date is 18th of sept.

please what should i do?

and i need someone that can help with a good follow up mail i can send to them by Monday

thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ashake123: 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2023
Goos afternoon,

Please i am in this situation and my passport as well as my child's are yet to be returned as we are dependants. Have you gotten yours now?

If yes, how did you eventually resolve it?

We submitted our biometrics on July 7 2023.

zieraw2005:

Hello Bro,

How did it go? Hope everything was fine?

I want to know if your dependents passports were issued to you same time.

I have 4 dependents too, applied on 8th July 2023, had biometric on 10th and today 20th i just got TLS email that my passport is ready for collection.

I checked on the tracking system its true. But one thing is surprising to me, they didn't send email for any of my dependents, wife and 3 kids.

I am the main applicant.

I checked the on their tracking system, it was still on DMC received.

Though they stated that if we applied in group and no email has been sent for the rest of the applicants, I should hold on till I see their own email.

I don't understand the whole system at all I had plans of going there's tomorrow being Friday. But I want to hold on till next week if I didn't get any email by tomorrow for the dependents.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by zieraw2005(m): 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2023
Ashake123:
Goos afternoon,

Please i am in this situation and my passport as well as my child's are yet to be returned as we are dependants. Have you gotten yours now?

If yes, how did you eventually resolve it?

We submitted our biometrics on July 7 2023.

Yes bro.

All our visas have been granted. I made a paid call and it was escalated.

Then they scheduled us for interview (husband and wife) to establish if we are truly married.

2 days after the interview we got our visas and I have picked it up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by jajad: 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
glowriahaf:
Hello

Anybody with a link to join the University of hull social media group,

Kindly share
Thank you

Please share this with me when you find it, thanks. 🙏🏾

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Oyewale25: 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2023
bammywon:

please i really need help i did my biometric on the 2nd of august at TLS ikeja Lagos until now i am yet to get any feedback from UKVI not even an empty NSF

so on the 23rd of august i did a paid call and paid mail was told still awaiting decision and my case was escalated by next week Wednesday it will be 15 working days that my case have been escalated still no decision made on my application and my start date is 18th of sept.

please what should i do?

and i need someone that can help with a good follow up mail i can send to them by Monday

thanks in advance

Call them again. I pray you get your decision soonest.

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by bammywon: 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2023
Oyewale25:

Call them again. I pray you get your decision soonest.

Cheers

Amen I will by Monday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Opppzy001: 2:57pm On Sep 09, 2023
Good evening all.
I am the person who was refused visa nov last year and I applied for AR which was successful but it was already late for me to join in January and school can't release CAS for September intake this year which made the visa refused again. So the school later gave me CAS, I applied and did biometric on 10th August. I was interviewed on 2nd of September and also got mail that I should provide additional document which is payslips from my recent workplace which I submitted on Monday 4th. I want to know if I am close to have my visa...
Sorry for long post.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by freeword1: 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hello everyone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by murtalaa(m): 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
bammywon:

please what should i do?

thanks in advance

We are in the same shoe bro. My biocapture date is 10th August. I really don't know what to do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Sam2305: 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

I have written a summary of research based masters in responding to Ijay

Have a read and plan accordingly

Cheers

Thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by csandy(f): 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hello everyone,
A two year master of public health with placement at Hertfordshire or a one-year master of public health, which is better?

I'm asking because I heard it's difficult to get placement and I'm starting to wonder if it's best to do the one-year mph.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by everyevery: 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
Please help me out , I need get cheap flight, this ridiculous flight ticket is weakening
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by everyevery: 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
Anyone with connect for cheap flight please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Aragbs4real: 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
MENofIRON:
Good morning Gurus!

Congratulations. Please what documents did you submitted and is it priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by harley4: 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hi everyone, @dduchess90
Please, I need your contribution, my expected resumption date is 11th September 2023 and we had our biometric on 26th August with my dependants, I have already made 3 paid calls to inform them about my start date but my application still at DMC.
Though an email has been sent to the school to extend my resumption date, hopefully (by God grace) it will be granted. These are my questions.

1. What will happen if I get my VISA next week along with my dependants and the University refused to extend the resumption date?
will I still be able to travel to UK? or should I just advise my school to give me similar course that has early October resumption date and inform the UKVI about the new development? Please note. my present course is 2 years master.

2. Should I just cancel my application if the University refused to extend the resumption date to avoid losing my IHS?

3. If I defer my admission after obtaining a VISA due to resumption date, I will need to start all over again next year and my dependants will not be able to follow me, meaning that the VISA will be useless.

I am asking all these because i don't want to lose my IHS fee for myself and dependants.

Please any advice will be appreciated. I want to decide on the step to take. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Jibola10(m): 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2023
Towotowo:
Good morning, please i need urgent help. I am travelling through Rwanda Air, to the uk and we have a stopover in Kigali, i'd love to know if i need to get a yellow fever card for my travel. Thanks

Hi, please I sent you mail, or you can reach me on Ajibola.wahab@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by fematcommand: 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2023
Pls have travelled by now with this flight ✈️ or not pls i have a question to ask. I manage to book for this same flight but going through cotonuo airport to Edinburgh, i am trying to make payment here in Nigeria but i was told i can only pay in dollars.my question is did you make the payment in naira or dollar?
Towotowo:
Good morning, please i need urgent help. I am travelling through Rwanda Air, to the uk and we have a stopover in Kigali, i'd love to know if i need to get a yellow fever card for my travel. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by PhilJames: 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2023
Hello guys,
Good evening. Please I need your urgent reply.
A friend and his wife just got their visas but he shot himself in the leg by booking a flight with KLM ignorantly until I pointed it out to him that he would require a transit visa to be able to transfer when they get to Amsterdam.

Please what should he do and how does he go about securing the visa?.

He's currently down.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by SandyDandy: 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2023
The University will not refuse there will give you time and your Visa will come out next week
harley4:
Hi everyone, @dduchess90
Please, I need your contribution, my expected resumption date is 11th September 2023 and we had our biometric on 26th August with my dependants, I have already made 3 paid calls to inform them about my start date but my application still at DMC.
Though an email has been sent to the school to extend my resumption date, hopefully (by God grace) it will be granted. These are my questions.

1. What will happen if I get my VISA next week along with my dependants and the University refused to extend the resumption date?
will I still be able to travel to UK? or should I just advise my school to give me similar course that has early October resumption date and inform the UKVI about the new development? Please note. my present course is 2 years master.

2. Should I just cancel my application if the University refused to extend the resumption date to avoid losing my IHS?

3. If I defer my admission after obtaining a VISA due to resumption date, I will need to start all over again next year and my dependants will not be able to follow me, meaning that the VISA will be useless.

I am asking all these because i don't want to lose my IHS fee for myself and dependants.

Please any advice will be appreciated. I want to decide on the step to take. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Hamof: 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2023
PhilJames:
Hello guys,
Good evening. Please I need your urgent reply.
A friend and his wife just got their visas but he shot himself in the leg by booking a flight with KLM ignorantly until I pointed it out to him that he would require a transit visa to be able to transfer when they get to Amsterdam.

Please what should he do and how does he go about securing the visa?.
He's currently down.....

He should request for refund if it’s refundable and book another flight asap

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (269) (Reply)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.