Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (277433 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by yomifola(m): 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2023
Helperboss:
when did she do her biometric

This Tuesday... 19th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Focus99: 3:23pm On Sep 22, 2023
@dduchess90 please reply we are counting on you.

She has even gone to Child Protection department at the Ministry of women Affairs and they said Adoption certificate is what they can issue and it will take a long process but she got someone that said with 500k they can get the certificate for them

Please reply 2 days gone already out of the 10 working days UKVI gave for them to send the documents

Thank you

Focus99:
They got it from a lawyer chamber in Lagos and an Esquire did it for her.

Should they go to High court to get the Legal Guardianship?

Thank you

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Tolumhen(m): 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2023
Hello, Please do i need a Yellow Fever card for Virgin atlantic flight from Lagos to the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Taal17: 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2023
Tolumhen:
Hello, Please do i need a Yellow Fever card for Virgin atlantic flight from Lagos to the UK

No

For reference it's Yellow fever vaccination. It details are printed on a Yellow vaccination card. In Nigeria Port Health authority administers it typically with meningitis vaccination.
Similar to tetanus vaccination it last 10 yrs

Yellow fever used to be rampant in Afruca but that is no longer the case however some African countries still require it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Taal17: 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2023
Focus99:

She has even gone to Child Protection department at the Ministry of women Affairs and they said Adoption certificate is what they can issue and it will take a long process but she got someone that said with 500k they can get the certificate for them

Please reply 2 days gone already out of the 10 working days UKVI gave for them to send the documents

Thank you

I'm concerned why she can not get get legal guardianship from the high court

But she's okay getting an adoption certificate by bribing someone in Min of Women &Youth affairs 500k to get it out .

Let people be guided.. Nigeria can not be better than the actions of her citizens.

There is a reason why these rules are there to prevent child from being 'kidnapped'.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 1stdami(m): 5:32pm On Sep 22, 2023
What’s with UKVI scheduling interviews and not attending them. Everyday I wake up, I pray Nigeria get better so we wouldn’t have to go through this. It’s really frustrating.

As if UK is not one big depressing country kmt

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by walex25(m): 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2023
Check Saudi airline, you can get as low as $800.

praisejoel0002:
Good morning everyone! Please for those that booked their flight recently please how did you get a cheap flight?? The ones have have seen so far starts from 2m upward, please I need help🙏🙏🙏
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Sharonjayjay: 5:51pm On Sep 22, 2023
Focus99:

Thank you

Whatever you like to bring but you must provide that “sole legal responsibility “ court order as they requested. When a minor is involved, Uk embassy is very very thorough. You need to get a lawyer that will do a motion to the court . The both parents must be present in front of a judge or magistrate to give consent of SOLE legal custody to the traveller. And it must carry the court seal and stamp. Anything less might seem like child trafficking. There’s no back way to it. It must be issued by a judge or a magistrate. Contact a lawyer immediately.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Muzikluva(m): 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2023
Zoey1:
Transiting through one Schengen country doesn’t require a visa.
Doing so through more than one Schengen countries require a transit visa.
Okay. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Opppzy001: 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
Good evening everyone

Visa alert✨💥💥✨✨
Biometric 10 August
Nsf mail 23 August
Paid mail 30 August
Interview 02 September
Shortly after interview additional document requested which was sent on 4th September
Since then I have been waiting for their mail. I did paid mail 20th
Transfer to Vac 22nd
Received by vac 22nd
Collection mail 22nd
Visa looking pretty on my passport...

Had a refusal last year Dec.

Thanks to God Almighty for the success of this.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2023
Hello

Apologies I couldn’t access Nairaland

Anyway, adoption will be for orphaned child ( no parents), that isn’t the case

A court order is required

Cheers

Focus99:

Thank you

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2023
Hello

You should be concerned about the country of transit not whether it is one or 2 stops

With KLM you may most likely transit Amsterdam, if that is the case you need a transit visa

Cheers
Muzikluva:
Hi everyone.
@duchess, please a travel agent said a klm flight with only one stop doesn’t require a transit visa. Is this true?? One other person has travelled that route too and didn’t require it but I have also seen people who needed it. E jhor help clarify cuz their fees are so cheap rn

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by dduchess90(f): 7:06pm On Sep 22, 2023
Hello

If you haven’t received a refusal mail

Then congratulations

Cheers
Usohe:
I did biometrics on the 22nd of August, then interview on the 5th of September and today being exactly one month since my biometrics I got a mail from Tls that my passport is ready for pickup. No NSF mail, no request to provide more documentations and no news from UKVI since biometrics. Is there any way to tell if the application was successful?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by bemagnify: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
Please who has link for tb TEST appointment in Benin?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ayire(m): 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2023
This is not right, don’t mislead people.
My advice to everyone is, If you are not sure about your flight itinerary call the airline.

Zoey1:
Transiting through one Schengen country doesn’t require a visa.
Doing so through more than one Schengen countries require a transit visa.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:53pm On Sep 22, 2023
Please house those who have traveled already,

Can one fly with red oil in his/her bag park?
And I would appreciate list of no-fly items list.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by murtalaa(m): 9:25pm On Sep 22, 2023
VISA ALERT ⚠️ ‼️‼️‼️

Glory be to God.

MA (Standard), TLS Abuja

Thanks to Everyone for their help.

Biometrics Date: 10th August
Application Transferred To DMC: 10th August
Application received by DMC: 11th August
Nsf: 22nd August
Several paid mails and calls. Also enlisted my school and several enquiries from them too
Finally....
Application Transferred to VAC: 21st September
Application received by VAC: 21th September
Collection Mail: 21st September
BRP Mail: 22nd September

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Usohe: 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Then congratulations

Cheers

Thank you🙇
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by yomifola(m): 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2023
yomifola:
Hello housenl...

Quick one.

I'm trying to fill for my wife's visa(dependant) and on getting to the end of the UKVI I click on to pay for her ihs fee.. but to my greatest surprise the amount is 0 USD.... What may have been the cause ?

I haven't proceed the application after seeing that cuz I assumed there is a problem somewhere.

What might have been the cause ?

Can I proceed to pay her visa fee ?

Hope there won't be problem afterwards

What's the way out

Or.. should I start the application all over again?

I complaind about that issue last week and I later went along paying for only visa fee for my dependant.

My wife went for her biometrics this Tuesday and that same Tuesday it was transferred to DMC.

She woke up this morning to see a mail from DHL and on getting to TLS site to track her progress, it's already transferred to VAC

What might be that cause ??

Hope no issue

Moreover... IHS fee hasn't been payed yet cuz I was expecting them to send a mail to that effect

No mail from ukvi or whatsoever

Just that she discovered it has been transferred to VAC and She received DHL mail for delivery. That's all

Please house... What might be the cause

What's going on...

I'm still skeptical about this....

Moreover.... Ihs fee hasn't been paid yet too

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Brownbizzle11(m): 11:37pm On Sep 22, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Then congratulations

Cheers

Are you the dependant?? Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Brownbizzle11(m): 11:39pm On Sep 22, 2023
Opppzy001:
Good evening everyone

Visa alert✨💥💥✨✨
Biometric 10 August
Nsf mail 23 August
Paid mail 30 August
Interview 02 September
Shortly after interview additional document requested which was sent on 4th September
Since then I have been waiting for their mail. I did paid mail 20th
Transfer to Vac 22nd
Received by vac 22nd
Collection mail 22nd
Visa looking pretty on my passport...

Had a refusal last year Dec.

Thanks to God Almighty for the success of this.

Are you the dependant or ma ? Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Godslove124: 12:30am On Sep 23, 2023
Good morning my people.

I just got a collection mail from TLS and DHL yesterday. The courier hasn’t delivered my passport to me yet but that tracker has ticked green for “passport picked by applicant”

Please does it call for concern? Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Bukolab99: 4:05am On Sep 23, 2023
Nothing to be worried about. Same thing happened to me and I got my passport the following day.
Godslove124:
Good morning my people.

I just got a collection mail from TLS and DHL yesterday. The courier hasn’t delivered my passport to me yet but that tracker has ticked green for “passport picked by applicant”

Please does it call for concern? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Muzikluva(m): 4:10am On Sep 23, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

You should be concerned about the country of transit not whether it is one or 2 stops

With KLM you may most likely transit Amsterdam, if that is the case you need a transit visa

Cheers
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Opppzy001: 4:29am On Sep 23, 2023
MA

Are you the dependant or ma ? Congrats [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Taal17: 6:42am On Sep 23, 2023
Tonymegabush1:
Please house those who have traveled already,

Can one fly with red oil in his/her bag park?
And I would appreciate list of no-fly items list.

Thanks
Check the country you're flying to
Each country is different.

Not that oil has to be frozen well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by headofschool: 7:50am On Sep 23, 2023
Carried my oil unfrozen and nothing happened...just hope you don't fall into the greedy hands of immigration officer at our 9ja airport else be prepared to dash something
Taal17:

Check the country you're flying to
Each country is different.

Not that oil has to be frozen well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Realpaulpat(m): 8:44am On Sep 23, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

If that’s the only route and your Uni advised to apply through UCAS then fine

Most Unis have a separate process for international students, and if they do, it’s best you follow that to avoid your application getting stuck in UCAS

Cheers

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (269) (Reply)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

Viewing this topic: Mindlog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.