Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,030 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (278437 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by collinsakowei: 7:09am On Aug 11, 2023
Good morning gurus in the house. Please I want to make I paid call to the UKVI concerning the delay of my application But I don't know how to go about it, I tried the numbers but they are both invalid. Please tell me what to do. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by kingstonkk: 7:25am On Aug 11, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

The entry date on your visa vignette is when you can travel

Cheers

Thank you very much 🙏🙏
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by victorVIC1(m): 7:57am On Aug 11, 2023
Cashmadam:

Sorry! Try Standard Chartered

Hi, please are you certain the standard Chartered works perfectly? I had opened a GBP account with Fidelity only to discover they don't have pounds card. Wouldn't mind opening with Standard Chartered since I have a naira account with them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Globalshaper: 8:09am On Aug 11, 2023
Good day NL,

Please there is no close biometric date so I am considering a walk in.

But I have questions:

1. Apart from paying 44k for walk in, do you also need to pay for assisted service or you can upload before you go?

2. Do I need to pick any date even if it's so far off before I go for walk-in?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Holashikemi(f): 8:10am On Aug 11, 2023
Good morning everyone, I did my bio on Monday and paid for priority but up till now tracker have not move and I did not get any nsf . I am so worried
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by viperVIP: 8:58am On Aug 11, 2023
My wife flew their airline 2 days ago and arrived UK yesterday safely, no issues. Go ahead.

When do you intend to travel? I can help you get a fair deal on the ticket price.

Hadekola94:
Good morning o Abeg I wan book Egyptian airline o hope I am not going to have a bad nightmare using them , Abeg I need your review
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Cashmadam: 8:58am On Aug 11, 2023
victorVIC1:

Hi, please are you certain the standard Chartered works perfectly? I had opened a GBP account with Fidelity only to discover they don't have pounds card. Wouldn't mind opening with Standard Chartered since I have a naira account with them

SCB Works
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by talentR: 9:30am On Aug 11, 2023
@duchess90

I have some questions on study gap & supporting documents, please pardon my inexperience with the visa stuff, I joined the threads late.

Finished NYSC 2021 and did a 1 yr internship until Jan 2023, after which I started the Msc applications

Do I need to submit a reference letter from the office I worked in during NYSC (still had some adhoc engagements with them even until last month)

Lastly, a professional license is only gotten after a typical internship, do I still need to get a reference from the hospital I interned to explain the study gap between 2022 till this year (my school didn't ask for this though)

Or can just the certificates for both (nysc & internship) support my claims
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by victree4: 9:38am On Aug 11, 2023
Hi everyone,
Is it still advisable to pay tuition fee deposit with form A? As opposed to blackmarket rates. And if yes, how long is processing form a likely to take now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by collinsakowei: 9:48am On Aug 11, 2023
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO PUT A PAID CALL THROUGH TO THE UKVI !!! PLEASE
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Baggylee: 9:56am On Aug 11, 2023
Good morning all,

I submitted my application yesterday. I was able to pick a date for next week and opted for self upload.
Pls i want to ask if its mandatory to upload the documents a day to the biometric day or any day after submission of application and choosing of appointment date.

Thanks NLs

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by victorVIC1(m): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2023
Cashmadam:

SCB Works

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by stillmaticOG(m): 10:05am On Aug 11, 2023
collinsakowei:
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO PUT A PAID CALL THROUGH TO THE UKVI !!! PLEASE
+44 300 790 6268
have your reference number at hand and also your passport number.

Also a dollar card as you will be charged for the call.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Prettyoye: 10:11am On Aug 11, 2023
Good morning gurus
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by mary042: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2023
Hello group, Please do I have to submit my NYSC certificate? I graduated in 2021 and I’m being sponsored
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by EPEAKS: 11:33am On Aug 11, 2023
Yes. But if you have worked before, do get a work reference letter.

mary042:
Hello group, Please do I have to submit my NYSC certificate? I graduated in 2021 and I’m being sponsored

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2023
Removed post 🫶🏾
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Ekababbe: 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2023
Please has anyone done biometrics in Port Harcourt TLScontact yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Papuzzy: 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2023
Good day everyone....I applied for a visa with my dependant and we did bio the same day , the same time...I got my visa and she hasn’t gotten hers..And there’s no message for additional document or whatsoever...Any suggestion please 🙏
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Chicadedieu: 2:01pm On Aug 11, 2023
TUBERCULOSIS TEST: LAGOS

Hello all,
My brother did the application on the IOM website but there's no provision for payment.
We have tried several times but there's no way to pay and go ahead.
Can someone please tell us a workable option?
Is there any walk in centre to do the test as soon as possible?
Thanks for your help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by collinsakowei: 2:02pm On Aug 11, 2023
UKVI IS REALLY FRUSTRATING SOMEONE. I DON'T HAVE A USD CARD TO MAKE A PAID CALL AND AND TRYING TO MAKE A PAID EMAIL WITH MY ATM CARD (MASTER CARD) TO NO AVAIL... PLEASE I NEED HELP!!!!! BEFORE I LOOSE MY SANITY OVER MY DELAYED APPLICATION
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by puffmama: 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2023
How did they go about to become British citizens ..were they born there ? If they were then it's not a problem . But I THINK if they went through study route or the highly skilled
migration program they were doing years ago your friend may have a point .
I recall someone in the US was denied because his brother went as a student and didn't come back but a citizen now and the VO denied him and said he won't come back as well and mentioned that was how his brother left too .

That being said you may need to ensure you provide other ties apart from family that may help in convincing them that you will come back .

Thewritingnerd:
Hello good morning all, please I need help with this question:

If I have a mum who has permanent stay in the Uk and a brother that’s a British citizen, can it affect my UK study visa chances if I’m a Nigerian National?

A friend here is telling me it will negatively impact my visa decision because I have stronger ties to the UK than Nigeria and it shows I might likely not return 🥴
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by nerdymonk: 2:25pm On Aug 11, 2023
PhilJames:

No
Please any solution?

Try Standard Chartered Card... or If you know anyone you can trust with your funds in the UK, let them pay for you and you transfer the Naira equivalent to them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Thewritingnerd(f): 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2023
puffmama:
How did they go about to become British citizens ..were they born there ? If they were then it's not a problem . But I THINK if they went through study route or the highly skilled
migration program they were doing years ago your friend may have a point .
I recall someone in the US was denied because his brother went as a student and didn't come back but a citizen now and the VO denied him and said he won't come back as well and mentioned that was how his brother left too .

That being said you may need to ensure you provide other ties apart from family that may help in convincing them that you will come back .

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Biola67: 3:16pm On Aug 11, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
Hello good morning all, please I need help with this question:

If I have a mum who has permanent stay in the Uk and a brother that’s a British citizen, can it affect my UK study visa chances if I’m a Nigerian National?

A friend here is telling me it will negatively impact my visa decision because I have stronger ties to the UK than Nigeria and it shows I might likely not return 🥴
Uk doesn’t care about that home tie shii. When no be canada..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by stillmaticOG(m): 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2023
Tomorrow makes it exactly one month since my bio. 2 empty nsf so far, countless paid calls and 1 escalation. Still yet I'm being told it's still not decided yet.

The anxiety just gets worst each passing day.

So much for priority service. 250 pounds just wasted on nothing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by joe10: 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2023
Good day family,

I purchased my flight ticket in Cotonou through a friend, Cotonou to Heathrow but this friend who is suppose to assist me to cross the borders and onboarding will be unavoidably unavailable due to official assignment to Ghana on the day i ought to check in and board my flight.

Please, i would appreciate advise and guidance on the easiest or safer route by road as i heard the chances of a stranger being robbed at the border is high.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 3:36pm On Aug 11, 2023
Thewritingnerd:
My brother was born in the UK. Also, how about my mum’s stay, does it affect anything?

It doesn't matter its better you declare them especially your mother you can leave your brother out if you want since he is not your child. I have mum and 4 siblings in the uk I declared only my mum as it's also on my birth certificate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 3:39pm On Aug 11, 2023
joe10:
Good day family.

Please l purchased my flight ticket in Cotonou through a friend, Cotonou to Heathrow but this friend who is suppose to assist me to cross the border and onboarding will be unavoidably unavailable due to official assignment to Ghana on the day i ought to check in and board my flight.

Please, i would appreciate advise and guidance on the easiest or safer route by road as i heard the chances of a stranger being robbed at the border is high.
Some stress don't worth it why not just go from naija. What if something happened and they don't allow you fly. All the best though
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by EPEAKS: 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2023
Stay strong. Any idea on why you recieved 2 NSFs?

stillmaticOG:
Tomorrow makes it exactly one month since my bio. 2 empty nsf so far, countless paid calls and 1 escalation. Still yet I'm being told it's still not decided yet.

The anxiety just gets worst each passing day.

So much for priority service. 250 pounds just wasted on nothing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by stillmaticOG(m): 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2023
EPEAKS:
Stay strong. Any idea on why you recieved 2 NSFs?

No idea. Got the first one a day after my bio, the second one came in this Monday.

I contacted my bank that same Monday and was told ukvi was still yet to contact them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (270) (Reply)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

Viewing this topic: MiKiel, iyatrustee(f), Omodebimpe and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.