Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff (19395 Views)

You Are Potential Governors, Professionals - EKSU Vc Tells Fresh Students / Would You Reapply In The Same University If You Were Asked To Withdraw / Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by illuminutty: 10:37am On Jul 17, 2023
Unrelated
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Benrosaria(m): 10:38am On Jul 17, 2023
Who employed them ??

Unprofessionals
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by YorubaRonu01: 10:39am On Jul 17, 2023
Who will sponsor their international workshop and conferences
Or with their salaries in this economy?
Though many are complacent but the willing ones are not having their way!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Benrosaria(m): 10:39am On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
As in , that a VC can address his colleagues in this manner is awkward and unprofessional.

Is it that the school is a glorified secondary school where there's no Senate but has only a school Principal talking down on his academic staff? I understand his complaint about lazy academics and he is now forced to act but those complaints should not even be allowed in the first place if the Senate knows and does its job.

This is very uncomfortable and belittled that school. None of the first generation universities VC will address his colleagues in this manner. VC can quote the decision of the university senate and appeal for compliance, not threatening them in his personal capacity and using his office.

This is a glorified Secondary school and it's a sad reality that this school is not the only one. The other day I read of 'universities' with part time VCs! NUC should monitor these glorified Secondary school abeg

He was only directly talking to their employers
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by amadice(m): 10:41am On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
As in , that a VC can address his colleagues in this manner is awkward and unprofessional.

Is it that the school is a glorified secondary school where there's no Senate but has only a school Principal talking down on his academic staff? I understand his complaint about lazy academics and he is now forced to act but those complaints should not even be allowed in the first place if the Senate knows and does its job.

This is very uncomfortable and belittled that school. None of the first generation universities VC will address his colleagues in this manner. VC can quote the decision of the university senate and appeal for compliance, not threatening them in his personal capacity and using his office.

This is a glorified Secondary school and it's a sad reality that this school is not the only one. The other day I read of 'universities' with part time VCs! NUC should monitor these glorified Secondary school abeg

SHUT UP IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY THING REASONABLE TO SAY.

3 Likes

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by wizelink(m): 10:46am On Jul 17, 2023
It's a common occurrence among the VCs of most state universities in Nigeria. What they do is that once the high position is given to them, they raise the bar very high against other up coming academic staff. How did he get his professorship? I am very sure there are some academic staff who are over qualified to be made professors based on the criteria used during his own time, however, the criteria keep changing based mostly on the discretion of VCs. How many international conferences has he attended up-to-date? How professional bodies is he registered to before the vc appointment? I am not against his claims but should address his colleagues with respect because in less than five years time he will definitely go back to the class and another emperor will dictate to him too. however, some Nigerian universities and their staff are still winning accolades even in the midst of scarcity of funding.

FreeStuffsNG:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Adabestseason(m): 10:49am On Jul 17, 2023
this is purely a NOISE of the highest decibels,when universities are filled up with ghost-written professors,what about those that are well connected to the seat of government,this VC is just seeking relevance.

1 Like

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Roozzaay(m): 10:50am On Jul 17, 2023
He talked and sounded like Wike..... You can not tell there is no other ways to drive home his views and points diplomatically.

2 Likes

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Arabk25: 10:52am On Jul 17, 2023
CodeTemplar:
^^^
That's not dictatorship but enforcing of basic rules of their trade.
As a professor research must be embraced and not just dissemination of some stale lecture note.
I agree with you but don't you think he should have head a board meeting in the school Senate to address this issue instead of coming out publicly to address his colleague like this. This is the height of unprofessionalism
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by YorubaRonu01: 10:54am On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

You can make your contributions without discrediting the university especially when you don't have enough facts, implementation started since May, he's re-enacting what is happening already!
Besides in universities, "the governing council" not "the senate" approves final promotions!
(From Dept to faculty to A&PC, to governing council)
Get your facts right next time and don't out of childish ignorance, misinform those that didn't know!

3 Likes

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by PediakAuthor: 11:00am On Jul 17, 2023
The era of #iDoDisAndDat is already here...
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Arabk25: 11:01am On Jul 17, 2023
rickyrex:
Nice one from the vc. You cant teach what you dont know. Equip yourself so that you can equip the student. Thats what the vc is asking for.
Yes that's not bad but the way and manner he passed the message is very bad he should remember power is transient
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by CodeTemplar: 11:05am On Jul 17, 2023
Arabk25:

I agree with you but don't you think he should have head a board meeting in the school Senate to address this issue instead of coming out publicly to address his colleague like this. This is the height of unprofessionalism
board meeting for what? For ethical issue?

You sound unprofessional.
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Orathird: 11:06am On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

That is the right thing to do. How can a lecturer be using 1980 notes.
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by HeroicMeastro: 11:08am On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Vacate University, if you’re not a professional — ESUT VC tells academic staff

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/vacate-university-if-youre-not-a-professional-esut-vc-tells-academic-staff/#google_vignette
Will the vc also give those staff monies to pay for the international conferences, registration fees and dues for joining professional bodies?

1 Like

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Back2Daura(m): 11:10am On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Shut up if you are not an academic. Many lecturers are after sorting and not carrying out researches. So shut off

2 Likes

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by iampeterben(m): 11:14am On Jul 17, 2023
Them go soon sack you
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by CJStarz: 11:17am On Jul 17, 2023
Dictatorship is innate in every Nigerian. All you need do is place him in an exulted position and see him lord it over his subordinates.
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Kollabo419: 11:22am On Jul 17, 2023
Nna mehnnn

"If you no wise for Esut you will never be wise again"

Shout out to all the Agbani guest house junctions girls and guys... keep up the jollifications

Great Esutite..great gbagbagba
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by FreeStuffsNG: 11:22am On Jul 17, 2023
Orathird:

That is the right thing to do. How can a lecturer be using 1980 notes.
Not all courses are professional courses in a real university.
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by tarboshi(m): 11:32am On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Not all courses are professional courses in a real university.
Like which courses?
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by FreeStuffsNG: 11:38am On Jul 17, 2023
tarboshi:

Like which courses?
Are you for real or just pulling my legs wink More than 50% of courses in real universities are not professional courses.

2 Likes

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by DrAda(f): 11:41am On Jul 17, 2023
Iykeabc:
Very nice

Very
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Vinnie2000(m): 11:45am On Jul 17, 2023
Guyman01:

Thats how you lots promoted Buhari for 8 years and put the country in the total mess we are in right now.
That's the issue with Igbos you have to accept or leave, they abhor stagnation you mist continue to improve yourself in whatever you are doing to derive their respect, if you are selling Spare Parts they expect that one day you will be importing directly from abroad,

They didn't support Buhari not because they hate him as a person but because he didn't improve him since he left power as military head of state, how can a man who since 1984 depended only on his military pension improve your economy and life when
1. he didn't add any new qualifications like Obasanjo and Gowon who became PHD holders after leaving office
2. He didn't write any book like Obasanjo, Ojukwu, Babangida etc
3. didn't establish a foundation like TY Danjuma even if its to help Almajiris in the north.

4. Didn't establish nor belong to a board of a corporate organisation
5. didn't become a mediator for AU or ECOWAS as former head of state
and you espect people in the South East to support such a person as their president.
6. even as traditional pastoralist didn't increase his number of cattle beyond what we saw in his asset declaration.

As per Tinubu the major concern was that he is seen as physically not too strong (now his health is improving to God be the glory) contesting at a time a better candidate who happened to come from the South East entered the race not that they hate him after all he has been very kind to Igbos as governor and belongs to board of several companies and has improved himself politically over the years

Well said.👍👍

APC supporters like Helinius likes to form Intellectual
Yet they defended Dullard Buhari for 8 Years! 😒😕

Such Despicable lots. sad

1 Like

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Triplerg: 11:51am On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Is it that the school is a glorified secondary school where there's no Senate/ Governing Council but has only a school Principal talking down on his academic staff? I understand his complaint about lazy academics and ,sadly, that he is now forced to act but those complaints should not even be allowed in the first place if the Senate/Governing Council knows and does its job. Those lazy bad eggs should have been sacked instead of being allowed to produce their likes who go out of school as illbaked products of mediocre mentors.

This is a glorified Secondary school and it's a sad reality that this school is not the only one. The other day I read of 'universities' with part time VCs! NUC should monitor these glorified Secondary schools abeg
Honestly I'm shocked that he addressed his colleagues in that manner. He doesn't have such powers, I'm not supporting lazy lecturers though. The school is not his, he is only managing the affairs of the school for a short time after which he fizzles out.
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Nwanna2588: 11:56am On Jul 17, 2023
Very soon we will take what belongs to us. B.Sc holders are not trained teachers/lecturers.
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by sharone21(f): 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2023
The foundation needs to be looked into too: Most Single honors courses should be scrapped and some others merged with Professional courses in our higher institutions. This will encourage this Professionalism drive/ campaign. So, from graduate years, they are already members of the Professional bodies and grow more with the Professional bodies' Continuity Education programs.
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by visaclick: 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Is it that the school is a glorified secondary school where there's no Senate/ Governing Council but has only a school Principal talking down on his academic staff? I understand his complaint about lazy academics and ,sadly, that he is now forced to act but those complaints should not even be allowed in the first place if the Senate/Governing Council knows and does its job. Those lazy bad eggs should have been sacked instead of being allowed to produce their likes who go out of school as illbaked products of mediocre mentors.

This is a glorified Secondary school and it's a sad reality that this school is not the only one. The other day I read of 'universities' with part time VCs! NUC should monitor these glorified Secondary schools abeg. Check my signature for free stuffs!
shut up and sit down he is right to address them that way. Most of these lecturers know nothing but to be giving births like chickens rather than be research driven and make the society a better place.
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by sharone21(f): 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
Nwanna2588:
Very soon we will take what belongs to us. B.Sc holders are not trained teachers/lecturers.

Many times they have more of what it takes to have the brightest of students, they only need some TEACHER TRAINING which may not necessarily be a degree/ PGDE but short courses/ trainings etc....I hope TRCN will look into this more critically, especially for those BA/BSc/ BENG graduates with more than 2years of experience teaching to encourage more teachers in the system.

1 Like

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Father4all: 12:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

This is a glorified Secondary school and it's a sad reality that this school is not the only one. The other day I read of 'universities' with part time VCs! NUC should monitor these glorified Secondary schools abeg. Check my signature for free stuffs!
I don't think you know what you are saying. Addressing his colleagues in what manner? You think you can be stagnant in this new generation?
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by ChiefS(m): 12:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
In the first place, no one is appointed or promoted to the position of a professor without engaging in any form or research and publishing
his or her research findings in journals and learned conferences. Although some stop or slow down after attaining the position of professor for several reasons particularly poor incentives

CodeTemplar:
^^^
That's not dictatorship but enforcing of basic rules of their trade.
As a professor research must be embraced and not just dissemination of some stale lecture note.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Must Henceforth Consult Us Before Embarking On Strike — NANS / Centre For Corruption Studies, University Of Abuja Billboard (Photo) / ASUU Strike Will Soon Be Called-Off - Okojie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.