Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,557 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff (19430 Views)

You Are Potential Governors, Professionals - EKSU Vc Tells Fresh Students / Would You Reapply In The Same University If You Were Asked To Withdraw / Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by NEIGHBOUR(m): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2023
Good one from the VC. It should go round all the Universities.
Go to U.I, OAU and others and see profs of 1965 still teaching with the achaic methods of 60s.
These same Profs will still be selling handouts that they compiled and sold to students over forty years ago. No review, no addition. So sad.
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Slurity(m): 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2023
EBMedia:
Don't be like Tinubu, Peter Obi advises graduating students

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50D-4jYPCWE
Nonsense title to draw traffic. Obi is the least educated among all the major contestant of the last election. Someone with third useless course can not rubbish a first class graduate of accountant. That mean Obi will even fail if he study account.
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by sageb: 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2023
sharone21:

Many times they have more of what it takes to have the brightest of students, they only need some TEACHER TRAINING which may not necessarily be a degree/ PGDE but short courses/ trainings etc....I hope TRCN will look into this more critically, especially for those BA/BSc/ BENG graduates with more than 2years of experience teaching to encourage more teachers in the system.

Yes, they should look into it.
Your points are valid.

1 Like

Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by emmybobo1: 6:45pm On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
As in , that a VC can address his colleagues in this manner is awkward and unprofessional.

Is it that the school is a glorified secondary school where there's no Senate/ Governing Council but has only a school Principal talking down on his academic staff? I understand his complaint about lazy academics and ,sadly, that he is now forced to act but those complaints should not even be allowed in the first place if the Senate/Governing Council knows and does its job. Those lazy bad eggs should have been sacked instead of being allowed to produce their likes who go out of school as illbaked products of mediocre mentors.

This is very uncomfortable and belittled that school. None of the first generation universities VC will address his colleagues in this manner. VC can quote the decision of the university senate and appeal for compliance, not threatening them in his personal capacity and using his office.

This is a glorified Secondary school and it's a sad reality that this school is not the only one. The other day I read of 'universities' with part time VCs! NUC should monitor these glorified Secondary schools abeg. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Oga this is prevalent in all schools in Nigeria. I’m presently doing msc in UI. I just don’t want to talk but who knows know
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by emmybobo1: 6:53pm On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Are you for real or just pulling my legs wink More than 50% of courses in real universities are not professional courses.
Ignoramus. All courses have professional bodies to which they belong
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by FreeStuffsNG: 6:56pm On Jul 17, 2023
emmybobo1:

Ignoramus. All courses have professional bodies to which they belong
smh. You obviously don't know the meaning of professional courses. Btw, just to assist you itk before you insult me again, just know here today that not all professional bodies have their courses being studied in the universities. Go and read the meaning of professional courses first.
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by emmybobo1: 6:57pm On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
smh.
Mention any course and I’ll tell you it’s appropriate professional body
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by FreeStuffsNG: 7:00pm On Jul 17, 2023
emmybobo1:

Mention any course and I’ll tell you it’s appropriate professional body
Read the education I gave you above wink It's obvious that you do not know the meaning of professional courses sir.
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by Rnuman: 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Vacate University, if you’re not a professional — ESUT VC tells academic staff

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/vacate-university-if-youre-not-a-professional-esut-vc-tells-academic-staff/#google_vignette

I know Prof Okoli, he hardly sends people to represent him at events. He creates time to attend conferences, seminars etc by himself, why won't others do the same.

The man is dealing my example
Re: Vacate University, If You’re Not A Professional — ESUT VC Tells Academic Staff by cybersteveben(m): 6:16am On Jul 18, 2023
It's okay to reel out such demand on the university staff. However, I hope the school has the means to fund by way of a grant for the professor and other staff for research.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burnt Tedder Hall At University Of Ibadan (Pictures) / Olanrewaju Fagbohun Celebrates His 50th Birthday: A Nairalander Gave Him Artwork / Students Write Their Exams On The Floor In Akwa Ibom (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.