Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,805 members, 7,851,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:01 AM

₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate (20526 Views)

Rivers: CSOs Warn Fubara Against Re-presenting 2024 Budget To Lawmakers / Festus Keyamo Screened After Apology to lawmakers / 2019: Atiku Interprets Buhari’s Four Fingers’ Gesture To Lawmakers, Speaks On 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by slimfairboy(m): 12:21pm On Jul 17, 2023
Lol. Their supporters will find something to justify it. What I know is that, every APC supporter will enjoy whatever I enjoy
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by Stevechigo: 12:22pm On Jul 17, 2023
The furniture must be bullet proof. Or maybe it's an oxygen chair that prolong life..or maybe it's a paradise chair like those found in heaven..no be ordinary chair wey me or you fit use for house ok..one Jehovah witness told me God will soon creat paradise on Earth in Nigeria in particular..so he is sending some furnitures from heaven.. grin
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by Newness2019: 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
nlfpmod:

DO
https://www.thecable.ng/senate-n70bn-is-for-repairs-furniture-not-cash-to-lawmakers/amp

MAY GOD PUNISH YOU PEOPLE FOR BEING INSENSITIVE TO THE PLIGHT OF NIGERIANS.

MAY YOUR OFFICE FURNITURES SCATTER UNDER YOUR WEIGHT IF YOU PEOPLE DO SUCH EVIL IN THIS COUNTRY.

GOD IS WATCHING US ALL.
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by nkemjacob2(m): 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2023
When is the court rounding over there case. So that this menace will stop
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by Ebuchi688(m): 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2023
Senate are crazy set of wicked old fools the old ones are not bad why not add this 70bn to the palliative money to cushion the effect of subsidy removal... they want make we suffer for them to enjoy...
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by AskNgige2: 1:22pm On Jul 17, 2023
lolu2019:
who told u that nothing was found.abi,it was swept under the carpet.when his Judas have time for him,he will come out to betray him

Bro go check the meaning of Efulefu
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by Fridaymartin: 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2023
*AN OPEN LETTER TO THE NIGERIA PARLIAMENT*

Having pondered over what I have been told, read and witnessed in this country over the years. Where we were, where we are and where we may be in nearby future if some urgent steps are not taken to address the current state of affairs in this country. The dilapidated and backward nature of our critical sectors like health and education are nothing to write home about. I considered whether where we are today is as a result of our poor in wealth, mind or expertise; but I believe it’s none of them. Then, why are we here? I believe we’re here today because our first-class citizens (political office holders) have options, while the second-class citizens (the masses) has one and only unavoidable option of going to the public institutions in this country.

In order to remedy these pitiable conditions that is gradually making our dear country a laughing stock among the comity of nations. I therefore request the parliament to enact the following proposals into law, if majority of Nigerians support it; as majority voice is the democratic voice.

*1.* Anybody whose children is schooling abroad or in a private institution shall be ineligible to contest or be appointed into any political position in this country.

*2.* All political office holders and their immediate family (husband/wife and children) shall not receive medical attention (medical check-up or treatment) abroad or in any private hospital in this country. In other words, all political office holders *MUST* receive medical attention in any government owned hospital in this country.

*2(i).* Any political office holder(s) who feels that his/her health challenge is beyond what the medical professionals and the equipments in our government hospitals can handle *MUST* resign from his/her political position before seeking for medical attention abroad or in private clinic.

*2(ii).* Anybody who resigns from his/her elected or appointed political position for any reason other than seeking for another political position using the same party *MUST* spend a minimum of three (3) years before being eligible of holding political position again.

*2(iii).* Anybody whose appointment into his/her office is subject to the confirmation of the parliament is included as in *1* and *2* above.

*3.* An elected political office holder(s) who decamped from the political party upon which he/she was elected to another political party *MUST* vacate his/her position to the runner-up of the election.

*3(i).* An elected political office holder(s) who intend to decamp *MUST* inform the electoral body (INEC) in not less than 21 days of his/her plan defection so that the electoral body will contact the runner-up to be sworn-in.

*3(ii).* The electoral body will only conduct bye-election to fill the vacate position only when the occupant of the position is dead or when all the contestants (from the runner-up to the candidate that scored the least number(s) of the valid vote cast) in the election are no longer available to be sworn-in into the position.

*3(iii).* A political office holder who decamped from his/her political party to another party *MUST* spend a minimum of three (3) years in that party before being eligible to vote and to be voted for, in the party’s primary election(s).

*3(iv).* The price for the nomination forms of any political parties for its primary election(s) *MUST* not be more than the annual basic salary of the occupant(s) of the office the person is vying for.

*4.* Anybody who is entitled to pension as a result of his/her former office/ position, but is still holding another government office/position shall not be paid the pension during that period. And if he/she is also entitle to pension by his/her last office; then the pension of his last office shall nullify the former one(s). Therefore, nobody shall be receiving pension and salary (or two pensions) at the same time from the government coffers.

I firmly believe that the progress of this country depends on most of the above suggestions. I and other concern Nigerians may be mobilizing Nigerians from all walks of life (ASUU, NUT, NMA, NANS, CNPP, NLC, NBA, NYCN, SERAP, CAN, NSCIA, etc) to embark on a peaceful protest across the country, if all or most of the aforementioned proposals are not passed and assented into law by the parliament and the president respectively before *1st October 2023.*

Yours sincerely,
Friday Martin Nwodo fridaynwodo20@gmail.com
+2347047488130
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by Djbme: 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2023
Someone should please help me with any kind of work that can earn me 3k or above daily. @ Lagos preferably I can do any type of work please please I am totally depressed
whardy080@gmail.com
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by U2ice(m): 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2023
Na just thunder go fire this people
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by mattgoners(m): 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2023
I listen to the man on fresh fm....he was yelling at d presenter saying are d ppl xpecting them to make laws sitting on d floor...i was amazed....

Nigerians deserve their leader sha because d set of ppl will b voted for again....

Btw subsidy removal is a scam!!!!
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by tankoagaie: 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2023
god go punish ur mouth
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by lastkingsman: 6:41pm On Jul 17, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Just imagine the United States Congress telling the citizens they wanna repair furniture for $70billion ...🫥🫥🫥... I won take know how dem go get liver talk ham

You now understand my previous post that these people are "vanity upon vanity" men?
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by chinonfelix2(m): 10:24pm On Jul 17, 2023
We already know why you are allocating 70b to them. After increasing their salary to 114%.. you have a case in court and you want to allocate 70b well na one eye we keep for you..
Just trying everything possible to pls them. De play we de watch

Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by Streetdoctor: 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2023
helinues:
Selooters. Who spoiled the current furniture the last senators used?

Should that be the priority for now?

undecided embarassed
Lolsssssssss, it's too early to wail Oga, since executive Wan collect 500bn senators go collect their own, so rest
Which other priority aside looting, shey una wan endure and sacrifice?
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by drkhenny: 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.thecable.ng/senate-n70bn-is-for-repairs-furniture-not-cash-to-lawmakers/amp

It’s really surprising how none of the lawmakers elected from the opposition parties have not condemned or refused to share from the 70billion Naira. It’s important we exercise our constitutional power as citizens by setting in motion plans to recall all this federal lawmakers starting from this senate spokesman.
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by Jnkay: 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2023
You will see poor Agbadorians who can't buy 1 litre of fuel to power their I pass my neighbor generator at night defending these APC and Tinubu looters. Who did this to Agbadorians?
Re: ₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate by Blake755: 12:20am On Jul 18, 2023
Holy shit 70b for furniture ah this administration go favor me and my family

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING - Impeachment Panel Snubs Nyako's Holiday, Begins Sitting / Tinubu Appoints Emeka Woke As The CEO Of Ogun-Osun River Basin / Buhari To Visit France And Britain Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.