Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,598 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise (10279 Views)

Consumers Lament As Food Prices Rise 30% In Eight States / February 2021 Inflation Rate Rises To 17.33% As Food Inflation Jumps To 21.79% / FG Owes 79% Of N20tr Domestic Debts, As Lagos Leads States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by Hassanmaye(m): 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
I expect every Nigerian by now to be casting and binding any spirit of bala blu economy.
Hahahaha you are a bad guy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by Brushstrokes20: 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2023
The shyyythole from fry pan to fire grin
* lifeless to druggie 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅😋😎

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by Djbme: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
u wont find it angry

Why ?
Do I know you ?
What have I done to you ?
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2023
infohenry:
Nigeria will benefit from the inflation, Jagaban is a strategist, he is making sure the naira will never compete with any currency in the world and every country will be buying from Nigeria.
FREESTUFF AGBODO ECONOMICS.
WRITING FROM NAIRALAND.
Wetin concern me with information.

Very funny and I was busy trying to understand your economic calculations of Jagaban's theory......

Let my #8k bounce first abeg.....can't wait to buy my 1 bag of rice from it....
Buy beans like half bag
Buy Garri like 1 bag
1 gallon of oil
1 gallon of palm oil
Stock my freezer with beef and chicken even bush meat
Find my wife some good change from the money for feeding and up keep
Then use small change from the #8k to foot my evening relaxations.....

This #8k stipend will favour me and my family abeg .....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by imbless: 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2023
verybadmouth:
The upward trend in food prices is not entirely negative, as it will eventually lead to increased wealth for farmers. However, the true concern lies in the unfavorable economic conditions where individuals experience reduced earnings or complete financial deprivation.
WTF So farmers won't feel the inflation? So farmers don't pay tfares, buy fuel, consume other products, pay for services, buy imported products, and at the height of it all, farmers don't use naira? angry

When inflation hits a country, no one is spared!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 17, 2023
Chai!!!.
Anyway, make I chop my own breakfast;
because everybody for Nigeria must chop the breakfast by force!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by naijaboy756: 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2023
Omor I was thinking Buhari na the worst form of a leader o

This one wan begin drag an with Buhari
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by YouAreNobody: 3:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
verybadmouth:
The upward trend in food prices is not entirely negative, as it will eventually lead to increased wealth for farmers. However, the true concern lies in the unfavorable economic conditions where individuals experience reduced earnings or complete financial deprivation.
Lolzzzz.....funny guy. Farmers will have to pay for fuel, transportation, buy other items etc so the gains they make will be dissolved into other expenses

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by lexy2014: 3:11pm On Jul 17, 2023
verybadmouth:

How will the inflation lead to increased wealth for farmers?

What is responsible for the inflation in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by AjaoEstater(m): 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2023
It still cannot be worse/out of control than Republic of Ireland since Nigeria have the lowest VAT rate on the planet, no income tax, and water is free here unlike in the Emerald Isle. Nigeria is also a federation so price varies in all it constituent states. In Ireland the price for one slice bread you can use to buy 2 or 3 here some people dont even have money to pay monthly house rent talk less of put food on the table. Nigeria also have the lowest cigarette price on the planet and you can even get single sticks here unlike over there (Thanks to the Hausas for making it a big thing here- my fellow aboki countryman will sell it even dirt cheap. I am looking for them here in Osun right now 😂😘). If hunger catch the whole world, Nigerians will never starve to death because we have garri- my mother always say that to me years ago.

God Bless, Nigeria, Long Live Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by Jeffyblaq(m): 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2023
Is there no one defending this government anymore🤔

I think my eyes are deceiving me🙄

Pathetic folks everywhere😔

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by sultanofpigs: 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2023
Helinus, why change moniker? grin
Can you afford fuel now?..
Show me your fueling Station that sells fuel at #28/liter
grin.

HellVictorinho6:

Enough of this rubbish!
Have u seen helineus face 2 face to conclude he is poor?

People like me that are fed up with all political parties don't believe in military nonsense either!

Only those already rich can ensure a a better leadership at the local,state and federal levels!
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by billyG(m): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2023
When a cow once ruled the zoo we hear whine...now a Bat out of hell is rulling d zoo cry cry
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by billyG(m): 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
When a cow once ruled the zoo we hear whine...now a Bat out of hell is ruling d zoo cry cry
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by t2luv1: 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
SeeThisLoser:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/610283-breaking-nigerias-inflation-hits-22-79-as-food-prices-rise.html

If this is June inflation number just wait until the August number comes out. Partner August's number will even open Stevie Wonder's eyes. In a country that imports 80% of goods they consume your government decided to devalue the currency by 50% yeap 50% ain't that something? Meanwhile, the salary of average workers remains flat with no safety whatsoever in place to help the masses. I say it again Nigerians deserved the government they voted for. Is it time to go to Virgil again?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by ezegenigbonine: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2023
No the food rise is only for south easterners. Useless afonjas with there useless mentality.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by Shikini: 3:42pm On Jul 17, 2023
Shame of a country
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by ezegenigbonine: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
MuslimIgbo:
It'll never be well with BUHARÌ,his household and all his associates.

If Tinubu doesn't prosecute BUHARÌ, it will never be well with him as well.

Wetin concern Buhari here
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by MuslimIgbo: 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2023
ezegenigbonine:

Wetin concern Buhari here
You get brain so ?
You think a government that just started governance few weeks ago is responsible for this?
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by ibechris(m): 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2023
This used to be 10% under clueless President Jonathan (as they used to say).

Under those who are not clueless,how far?

APC has destroyed this country...and more and more people are going into crime all because they claimed to know it all.

Let him employ the 50million Nigerians into the army so that,they will eat Bread,cassava and ewa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by jaxxy(m): 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2023
and the president is jumping up and down doing paparazzi and borrowing money to give 8k handouts and removing party national chairman undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by miky(m): 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2023
What if I told yall that the palliative of 10,000 naira to Nigerias would increase inflation further? Would any still support it?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by Ikpunnegi01: 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2023
I am happy its going round and the people who supported this administration that came through the backdoor will be mostly hit. Enjoy the renewed shege version 2.0..
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2023
Djbme:

Why ?
Do I know you ?
What have I done to you ?
maybe u should ask APC,PDP,LP ,etc who have taken Nigeria as an inheritance or birthright to drag
or share among one another. angry
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by apache4: 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2023
You must be a real niggarr ,

But it seems you don't want us to run tinz

slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Haha
Nice

Shege reloaded...shege doing to and fro...shege doing loop
Bar man give me enough beer let me celebrate the suffering
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by Iamhawkeyez: 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2023
Who else don notice say the defenders no dey come online again??
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by ebufa: 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2023
infohenry:
Nigeria will benefit from the inflation, Jagaban is a strategist, he is making sure the naira will never compete with any currency in the world and every country will be buying from Nigeria.
FREESTUFF AGBODO ECONOMICS.
WRITING FROM NAIRALAND.
Wetin concern me with information.

why did he protest against the same set of policies when it was about to be introduced by the weak Jonathan government? By now Nigeria for don dey better!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by DestinyNigga: 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2023
The increase will favour me and my family cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:10pm On Jul 17, 2023
Tulumbu should feed his foot soldiers.. hope no be only Obidents dey suffer am
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by BABYBULLETIN: 5:21pm On Jul 17, 2023
ebufa:

why did he protest against the same set of policies when it was about to be introduced by the weak Jonathan government? By now Nigeria for don dey better!
the person u quote is joking..na sacasm
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Hits 22.79% As Food Prices Rise by Djbme: 5:27pm On Jul 17, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
maybe u should ask APC,PDP,LP ,etc who have taken Nigeria as an inheritance or birthright to drag
or share among one another. angry

Why are you like this ?
Are those things you said is name of person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Queues Resurface In Lagos, Marketers Blame Depots / Atiku Vs Buhari: Opposition Political Parties Reject Tribunal's Verdict / Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.