Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Jesus IS God If You Are Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus IS God If You Are Christian (450 Views)

How Is God Loving God If He Destroy Humans? / Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? / Why Are Christian Ministers Contending With Demons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2023
Is Jesus God? — Jesus claimed to be God.

Take for example the words of Jesus in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason: “You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33, emphasis added). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,” He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” This is a reference back to Exodus 3:14 when God revealed Himself as the “I AM.” The Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).
Is Jesus God? — His followers declared Him to be God.

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God.

Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son He says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as God, indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11; 14:33; 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. Beyond these, there are many other passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus being God.

Is Jesus God? — The reason Jesus must be God.

The most important reason that Jesus must be God is that, if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.

Is Jesus God? Yes. Jesus declared Himself to be God. His followers believed Him to be God. The provision of salvation only works if Jesus is God. Jesus is God incarnate, the eternal Alpha and Omega (Revelation 1:8; 22:13), and God our Savior (2 Peter 1:1).

https://www.gotquestions.org/is-Jesus-God.html
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Janosky: 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2023
tundein18:

Take for example the words of Jesus in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason: “You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33, emphasis added). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,” He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence.

Why do you DECEIVE YOURSELF?

@ John 10:30, Jesus Christ is saying." I & my Senior" are one."
@ John 10:30 Father meaning "Senior,Elder, Ancestor."
Oga Tundein,Go & verify !

John 17:21-22, Jesus Christ says my Senior (the Father), the Disciples and Jesus are one."

Oga, you are TWISTING the holy scriptures with your deceitful interpretation of John 10:30.

@John 17:21-22, did Jesus Christ exposed your deceitful interpretation of John 10:30?

Yes!!
grin

Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Janosky: 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2023
tundein18:

John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” This is a reference back to Exodus 3:14 when God revealed Himself as the “I AM.” The Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).

The Jews, the owners of Hebrew language have PROVEN that your claim on Exodus 3:14 is FALSE.
3 Screenshots evidences here.

Exodus 3:14 "I shall be what I shall be" is NOT related to John 8:58.

Have you forgotten that @John 10:30 & John 8:38 "my Father" meaning 'my Senior, Elder, Ancestor?"

Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2023
Janosky:

Why do you DECEIVE YOURSELF?
@ John 10:30, Jesus Christ is saying." I & my Senior" are one."
@ John 10:30 Father meaning "Senior,Elder, Ancestor."
Oga Tundein,Go & verify !
John 17:21-22, Jesus Christ says my Senior (the Father), the Disciples and Jesus are one."
Oga, you are TWISTING the holy scriptures with your deceitful interpretation of John 10:30.
@John 17:21-22, did Jesus Christ exposed your deceitful interpretation of John 10:30?
Yes!!
grin

Instead of making a thorough research on what the Bible really teach they just feel like wrapping it all up based on what their former religions told them.

This one has really suffered in the hands of those atheists claiming believers! smiley
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Instead of making a thorough research on what the Bible really teach they just feel like wrapping it all up based on what their former religions told them.

This one has really suffered in the hands of those atheists claiming believers! smiley
The bible teaches that Jesus is GOd. you are the one making up alternatives for the scripture. In John 10:30 Jesus claims that “I and the Father are one,” and then his fellow Jews try to kill him for blasphemy because they realize he’s claiming to be God
Literally, there is no Christianity without this statement happening.
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2023
Janosky:

The Jews, the owners of Hebrew language have PROVEN that your claim on Exodus 3:14 is FALSE.
3 Screenshots evidences here.

Exodus 3:14 "I shall be what I shall be" is NOT related to John 8:58.

Have you forgotten that @John 10:30 & John 8:38 "my Father" meaning 'my Senior, Elder, Ancestor?"

Clearly you don't understand the concept of the trinity.
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:23pm On Jul 17, 2023
tundein18:

The bible teaches that Jesus is GOd. you are the one making up alternatives for the scripture. In John 10:30 Jesus claims that “I and the Father are one,” and then his fellow Jews try to kill him for blasphemy because they realize he’s claiming to be God
Literally, there is no Christianity without this statement happening.

The Jews weren't trying to kill Jesus for that my guy because their own scriptures called Moses "God" @ Exodus 7:1 we read:

Jehovah then said to Moses: “See, I have made you like God to Pharʹaoh, and Aaron your own brother will become your prophet"

Did that makes Moses the God they're to start worshiping?
Yet he was a God in their midst.

So humbly ask so that you can gain knowledge about why the Jews hated Jesus of Nazareth! wink
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2023
tundein18:

Clearly you don't understand the concept of the trinity.

OK you understand even though you can't find the word TRINITY anywhere in all versions of the Bible yet you believe it simply because they taught you so! cheesy
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The Jews weren't trying to kill Jesus for that my guy because their own scriptures called Moses "God" @ Exodus 7:1 we read:

Jehovah then said to Moses: “See, I have made you like God to Pharʹaoh, and Aaron your own brother will become your prophet"

Did that makes Moses the God they're to start worshiping?
Yet he was a God in their midst.

So humbly ask so that you can gain knowledge about why the Jews hated Jesus of Nazareth! wink
Equating jesus to Moses? You're a jew not Christian.
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

OK you understand even though you can't find the word TRINITY anywhere in all versions of the Bible yet you believe it simply because they taught you so! cheesy
So I am the Father are one means what to you?
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Janosky: 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
tundein18:

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity:
l
Do you know the error in your statement?
You are giving a faulty meaning to "deity"

Oga,do you understand the meaning of deity in Bible Greek?
Greek deity meaning "a god/ goddess. (Screenshot PROVEN evidence)
Jesus Christ is indeed a god, deity NOT God Almighty.

tundein18:

“The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God.
l

"The word was a god" , John 1:1 & John 10:33. (SCREENSHOT PROVEN evidences).
Also, Acts 12:22-23 is the rule for translation of John 1:1.
Why?
Greek lexicon John 14:1 & John 4:24, Jesus says " the God" refers to his Father (his Senior) , the same thing @ John 1:1, NOT to Jesus because Jesus is NOT Almighty

Also,Greek Theo's also means "a god" & the 2nd Theo's (the Word @ John1:1) does NOT refer to the Almighty God.

You have to use Acts 20:28 Twisted by Trinitarians. grin
Paul made the statement @ Acts 20:28,is Paul a Trinitarian?
No!
Jews do not believe in Trinity, 1 Corinthians 11:3, Paul says "the God is the head of Christ".
Romans 8:3, Paul says it's the blood of God's own son."

Greek John 4:24 , Jesus says the God is a Spirit".
Oga, does spirit have blood?
Is John 3:16 missing from your Bible? grin grin

Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by IyanuDeb(f): 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2023
tundein18:

Take for example the words of Jesus in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason: “You, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33, emphasis added). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one,” He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth … before Abraham was born, I am!” This is a reference back to Exodus 3:14 when God revealed Himself as the “I AM.” The Jews who heard this statement responded by taking up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded (Leviticus 24:16).
Is Jesus God? — His followers declared Him to be God.

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which He bought with His own blood.” Who bought the church with His own blood? Jesus Christ. And this same verse declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God.

Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son He says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as God, indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11; 14:33; 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. Beyond these, there are many other passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus being God.

Is Jesus God? — The reason Jesus must be God.

The most important reason that Jesus must be God is that, if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.

Is Jesus God? Yes. Jesus declared Himself to be God. His followers believed Him to be God. The provision of salvation only works if Jesus is God. Jesus is God incarnate, the eternal Alpha and Omega (Revelation 1:8; 22:13), and God our Savior (2 Peter 1:1).

understand your Bible young man
Matt. 27 Verses 45 & 46
[45] Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all
the land unto the ninth hour. [46] And about the ninth
hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama
sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast
thou forsaken me?

1 Like

Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by IyanuDeb(f): 9:56pm On Jul 17, 2023
IyanuDeb:
understand your Bible young man
Matt. 27 Verses 45 & 46
[45] Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all
the land unto the ninth hour. [46] And about the ninth
hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama
sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast
thou forsaken me?
was he talking to himself then?
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Janosky: 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2023
tundein18:

l

John 20:28 ended with exclamation!
Go & Verify John 20:28 from biblehub.

Is "oh my God! meaning God Almighty?
No nau !
Jesus Christ spoke to Thomas @ John 20:17, why do you believe imperfect Thomas more than the perfect Jesus Christ?

Your mentors ADDED God to 1 Timothy 3:16 & 1 John 5:7, why would they not do the same@ 2 Peter 1:1 & Titus 2:13 to contradict Peter @ Matthew 16:16-17 & Contradict Paul @ 1 Corinthians 11:3?
Did the Jews, the disciples believe in Trinity?
No !

* Paul copied Hebrews 1:8 from Psalms 45:6.
Oga,go & verify Psalm 45:6 from the Catholic New Jerusalem Bible & the Message Bibles as well as the Hebrew language Masoretic Psalm 45:6-7. grin grin grin

Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 17, 2023
Janosky:

John 20:28 ended with exclamation!
Go & Verify John 20:28 from biblehub.

Is "oh my God! meaning God Almighty?
No nau !
Jesus Christ spoke to Thomas @ John 20:17, why do you believe imperfect Thomas more than the perfect Jesus Christ?

Your mentors ADDED God to 1 Timothy 3:16 & 1 John 5:7, why would they not do the same@ 2 Peter 1:1 & Titus 2:13 to contradict Peter @ Matthew 16:16-17 & Contradict Paul @ 1 Corinthians 11:3?
Did the Jews, the disciples believe in Trinity?
No !

* Paul copied Hebrews 1:8 from Psalms 45:6.
Oga,go & verify Psalm 45:6 from the Catholic New Jerusalem Bible & the Message Bibles as well as the Hebrew language Masoretic Psalm 45:6-7. grin grin grin

Who is Jesus to you then?
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Janosky: 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2023
tundein18:

Greek Revelation 19:10 reads "Worship the God".
John 14:1 & 4:24 , Jesus said his Father his Senior is the God"

Paying homage (as its done in Yorubaland) & the Middle East (where Jesus lived) is NOT Worship.
The Catholic New Jerusalem Bible ( the people wey start Trinity) disagrees with your claim.
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Janosky: 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2023
tundein18:

Who is Jesus to you then?

Revelation 3:2,12 & Matthew 16:13-17, the revelation from God given to Jesus Christ & Peter the apostle.

Jesus says himself is a Worshipper in heaven. grin
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 17, 2023
Janosky:

Revelation 3:2,12 & Matthew 16:13-17, the revelation from God given to Jesus Christ & Peter the apostle.

Jesus says himself is a Worshipper in heaven. grin
Yes because he’s the son of God but also God
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Janosky: 10:28pm On Jul 17, 2023
tundein18:

John 3:16 & Romans 8:3 still dey your Bible?

Revelation 1:1,5-6 rubbish any claim you spuriously attached to Revelation 1:8.
Revelation 1:1, Jesus Christ is giving you a revelation he received from the God.

Therefore,it is his Father, the God Almighty who is coming through the son sent by God.

Jesus his son,came in the name of his Father, John 5:43 & Revelation 1:8.

The Minister of Works came to Commission a project in the name of Buhari.
Is the minister Buhari?
grin

Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Janosky: 10:31pm On Jul 17, 2023
tundein18:

Yes because he’s the son of God but also God

Oga, Jesus is teaching you @ Revelation 3:2,12 that himself is a Worshipper in heaven.

Oga, who does God his Father Worship?

Nah where you see equality between any Worshipper & the Being that Worshipper is worshipping?
grin grin
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 17, 2023
Janosky:

Oga, Jesus is teaching you @ Revelation 3:2,12 that himself is a Worshipper in heaven.

Oga, who does God his Father Worship?

Nah where you see equality between any Worshipper & the Being that Worshipper is worshipping?
grin grin
Who do you worship?
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
Janosky:

John 3:16 & Romans 8:3 still dey your Bible?

Revelation 1:1,5-6 rubbish any claim you spuriously attached to Revelation 1:8.
Revelation 1:1, Jesus Christ is giving you a revelation he received from the God.

Therefore,it is his Father, the God Almighty who is coming through the son sent by God.

Jesus his son,came in the name of his Father, John 5:43 & Revelation 1:8.

The Minister of Works came to Commission a project in the name of Buhari.
Is the minister Buhari?
grin

Omo it’s Jesus that is worshipped not his father. Rest
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2023
Janosky:

Greek Revelation 19:10 reads "Worship the God".
John 14:1 & 4:24 , Jesus said his Father his Senior is the God"

Paying homage (as its done in Yorubaland) & the Middle East (where Jesus lived) is NOT Worship.
The Catholic New Jerusalem Bible ( the people wey start Trinity) disagrees with your claim.
Jesus is God. Why would we worship his “father” who let him suffer so horribly. Jesus did it all not his father. It’s Jesus who deserves the worship
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:53pm On Jul 17, 2023
tundein18:

Equating jesus to Moses? You're a jew not Christian.
Guy that's what the Bible says not me Moses was a prophet and God at the same time that's why the God of Abraham told Moses:

"I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him" Deuteronomy 18:18

Apostle John confirmed that Jesus is the one God was referring to {Act 3:22} because Moses and Jesus are the two Jewish prophets that served as prophet and God in their lifetime.

Come and let Jehovah's Witnesses teach you those pastors don't know anything apart from TRINITY that's not found in the Bible! smiley
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Guy that's what the Bible says not me Moses was a prophet and God at the same time that's why the God of Abraham told Moses:

"I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him" Deuteronomy 18:18

Apostle John confirmed that Jesus is the one God was referring to {Act 3:22} because Moses and Jesus are the two Jewish prophets that served as prophet and God in their lifetime.

Come and let Jehovah's Witnesses teach you those pastors don't know anything apart from TRINITY that's not found in the Bible! smiley
Prophet definition-
a person regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God.
There are many prophets in the Bible but Jesus was way more than a prophet
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:18am On Jul 18, 2023
tundein18:

Prophet definition-
a person regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God.
There are many prophets in the Bible but Jesus was way more than a prophet

According to apostle Peter's words recorded in the Bible book of Act 3:22 is Jesus the prophet that is to come in the manner of Moses?

This is the problem most of you do have you've been robbed by false religionists claiming Christians so it's what they told you that you capitalize your judgement on.

Jesus is a prophet of God the only difference between Jesus and all the others is that he was an angel in heaven before his earthly mission and he was the first spirit creature God made directly unlike all other creatures that were made through him. READ Proverbs 8:22-31 and compare to Colossians 1:15-16

But by the time God transformed him into an embryo in the womb of Mary he became just like any other baby until after his baptism by John that was the time he regained memories of all his past life as a spirit person who lived in heaven before {John 8:23} before then he couldn't grasp this all his thoughts was that he loved being faithful to God.

So don't let the erroneous doctrines of trinity mislead you according to the Bible Jesus is the prophet sent in the manner of Moses {Deuteronomy 18:18} and as for being God's Son he is equal to Adam {1Corinthians 15:45} who was also the first human Son of God {Luke 3:38} had it been Adam never sinned we wouldn't have any need of Jesus' coming to the earth at all!
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:43am On Jul 18, 2023
tundein18:

Jesus is God. Why would we worship his “father” who let him suffer so horribly. Jesus did it all not his father. It’s Jesus who deserves the worship

Because Jesus can't do a single thing unless he was sent by his father! John 3:16; 8:28

After the rebellion in Eden mankind need to be redeemed so God called all his loyal spirit sons and asked them:
"who will go for us, who shall we send?" Isaiah 6:8

Jesus willingly surrendered himself for the task {John 10:15} this is what he did from his own heart he learned how to be selfless from his father {John 10:18} the reason why he was this loving is recorded in the Bible book of Proverbs 8 there Jesus made us to understand that out of all the things God gave him power to create {Colossians 1:15-16} humans are the most precious to him! Proverbs 8:31

So even when they were persecuting and trying to take his life Jesus said:

“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” Luke 23:34

From the above statement it was clear that God wasn't pleased with those who killed the most righteous man who ever lived that's why there was an earthquake and the curtain in the temple ripped apart from top to bottom! Matthew 27:51
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 18, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

According to apostle Peter's words recorded in the Bible book of Act 3:22 is Jesus the prophet that is to come in the manner of Moses?

This is the problem most of you do have you've been robbed by false religionists claiming Christians so it's what they told you that you capitalize your judgement on.

Jesus is a prophet of God the only difference between Jesus and all the others is that he was an angel in heaven before his earthly mission and he was the first spirit creature God made directly unlike all other creatures that were made through him. READ Proverbs 8:22-31 and compare to Colossians 1:15-16

But by the time God transformed him into an embryo in the womb of Mary he became just like any other baby until after his baptism by John that was the time he regained memories of all his past life as a spirit person who lived in heaven before {John 8:23} before then he couldn't grasp this all his thoughts was that he loved being faithful to God.

So don't let the erroneous doctrines of trinity mislead you according to the Bible Jesus is the prophet sent in the manner of Moses {Deuteronomy 18:18} and as for being God's Son he is equal to Adam {1Corinthians 15:45} who was also the first human Son of God {Luke 3:38} had it been Adam never sinned we wouldn't have any need of Jesus' coming to the earth at all!
You’re just making thing up now. The trinity is the truth. You keep trying to equate Jesus to Adam and Moses like he was a prophet when he was clearly different. If he was just a prophet Jews would believe in his word. He is God
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by MightySparrow: 10:43am On Jul 18, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Et te MaximumSide?

Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 18, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Because Jesus can't do a single thing unless he was sent by his father! John 3:16; 8:28

After the rebellion in Eden mankind need to be redeemed so God called all his loyal spirit sons and asked them:

Jesus willingly surrendered himself for the task {John 10:15} this is what he did from his own heart he learned how to be selfless from his father {John 10:18} the reason why he was this loving is recorded in the Bible book of Proverbs 8 there Jesus made us to understand that out of all the things God gave him power to create {Colossians 1:15-16} humans are the most precious to him! Proverbs 8:31

From the above statement it was clear that God wasn't pleased with those who killed the most righteous man who ever lived that's why there was an earthquake and the curtain in the temple ripped apart from top to bottom! Matthew 27:51

You keep trying to justify the brutal murder and killing of Jesus. Why would we worship a God that allowed his own son to go through that? Jesus is the one who deserves the worship. There is no Holy Spirit without Jesus. There’s no father without Jesus. The trinity is the truth.
Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 18, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Read here

Read here

So God sent Jesus down to sacrifice himself then got mad and sent an earthquake after it happened?

Re: Jesus IS God If You Are Christian by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
tundein18:

“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa God sent Jesus as the lamb to be slaughtered for our sin {John 1:29; Revelations 7:17} but it's the mockery and ill-treatment that Jews who supposed to be first to gain from the sacrifice that's annoying.

Had it been the Jews accepted Jesus the Romans will still execute him because by the time his disciples began preaching zealously and industriously teaching throughout all the terrorists most Romans will see reasons to have faith in the God of the Jews and instead of hating them it will be the opposite.

That's what happened in Russia 6 years ago, Vladimir Putin (Russian President) was planning to invade Ukraine but Jehovah's Witnesses are zealously preaching peace with our neighbours so how is he going to make the Russians hate Ukrainians to the point of invading their territories with the activities of Jehovah's Witnesses?

So he launched a nationwide campaign against Jehovah's Witnesses labelling them as "EXTREMISTS" then begin arresting and imprisoning them until years later when he has succeeded in banning the activities of this peace makers before he began invading Ukraine.

For your information both counties are speaking the same native language yet the war is terrible because Vladimir Putin has stopped the preachers of love for neighbours {Mark 12:31} today all the religions in Russia and Ukraine are involved except Jehovah's Witnesses, so instead of thinking of how to support Russia or Ukraine our brothers are striving to rescue our brothers and sisters in both counties.

That's what would have happened is Jews accepted Jesus, it would have happened anyway but then it will take another way. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Easter To You! / Bangladesh Protesters Demand Blasphemy Law / Whereabouts Of An Orphanage In Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.