Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules (29922 Views)

"VIO Has No Business Being On The Roads!!"- Appeal Court / FRSC Officials Return N27M Recovered After Deaths Of 8 Edo Indigenes. PICS / Airazman Launches 5th Aircraft To Operate From Kano To China (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by BadMaster: 11:37pm On Jul 17, 2023
iHateFraudsters:

Appeal?

Appeal is for appeal court
What do you think people take cases to Supreme court for? You think it is to Supreme the cases?

Cases from lower courts are Appealed at the Supreme court.
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by RPG2020(m): 12:05am On Jul 18, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Good.

I dedicate “Ride With Me” by Nelly feat. STL to law-abiding drivers. Great jam!

Continue grin
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by LONEWOLFJOHN: 12:48am On Jul 18, 2023
STARGREEN:
I keep wondering why they're usually on State Roads, sometimes local government roads.

Last month I had to ask one of them...is this a federal road?

He responded that I should mind my business and keep driving that he never flagged me.

he's looking at you as a terrorist to his business lol
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by LONEWOLFJOHN: 12:48am On Jul 18, 2023
STARGREEN:
I keep wondering why they're usually on State Roads, sometimes local government roads.

He responded that I should mind my business and keep driving that he never flagged me.

he's looking at you as a terrorist to his business lol.
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by soullove1881(m): 12:56am On Jul 18, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Good.

I dedicate “Ride With Me” by Nelly feat. STL to law-abiding drivers. Great jam!

What's good? Dey play! State actors will take over immediately.
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by Gbemini(m): 1:09am On Jul 18, 2023
And if accident happened on state road they shoudnt go there lol
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by lishman1010: 1:17am On Jul 18, 2023
This is very good! because I don't understand these agencies and extortion of already burdened poor masses. Just this Saturday I was stopped by them at about 5:30 pm on my way to drop my company van. I presented my papers and he this guy checked and said the papers I obtained from v.I.o ( another wahala) shouldn't have contain the time fame I was given as such he is charging me 10k. To cut the gist I ended up giving him 1k for crime I did not commit.
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by REALretep(m): 2:21am On Jul 18, 2023
Wow
Just wow
Sounds good
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by Father4all: 3:59am On Jul 18, 2023
The LASTMA and other states road task force should be operating in only states roads
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by Immanuel3(m): 4:19am On Jul 18, 2023
Throwback:
This is good news for Nigerian motorists.

Nobody should stop when signalled to do so by those doing illegal job on state roads.

In fact, we should start effecting a citizen's arrest whenever we find them on state roads doing illegal work.
how do we tell federal roads from others
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by NECO1998: 5:06am On Jul 18, 2023
Better #
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by Munzy14(m): 5:06am On Jul 18, 2023
STARGREEN:

Some dey enter street sef...🤣🤣🤣
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by vertueptime: 6:08am On Jul 18, 2023
Iliveforever:
So I can drive reckless on state road??

I think everyone should start putting the judiciary in prayers.

Frsc don't prevent accidents, they only extort,
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by ppogba: 6:17am On Jul 18, 2023
Gbemini:
And if accident happened on state road they shoudnt go there lol

So, the primary duty of FRSC is to rescue accident victims?

Wonderful!.
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by WHITELIGHTER: 6:20am On Jul 18, 2023
Eagle360:
Good judgement but I know we don't respect law in this country. Many rouges officers will not respect rule of law. They love to oppress and extort.

Then trust some Nigerians to use them to shine. By the time Nigerians who know their rights start dragging them to court and paying fines, their head will reset

1 Like

Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by ppogba: 6:23am On Jul 18, 2023
Immanuel3:
how do we tell federal roads from others

Is there no difference between Lagos/ Ibadan express way and the road that passes through your street?

Is there no difference between PH/ Aba express way and the road to your village?

I want to believe I am not responding to a primary school kid.
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by wirinet(m): 6:31am On Jul 18, 2023
lishman1010:
This is very good! because I don't understand these agencies and extortion of already burdened poor masses. Just this Saturday I was stopped by them at about 5:30 pm on my way to drop my company van. I presented my papers and he this guy checked and said the papers I obtained from v.I.o ( another wahala) shouldn't have contain the time fame I was given as such he is charging me 10k. To cut the gist I ended up giving him 1k for crime I did not commit.
Shey they did not ask your for speed limiter? I have Toyota hilux with commercial number. They always stop me demanding for speed limiter and using that excuse to collect 4 or 5k everytime - even in traffic inside Lagos. Instead of FRSC to deploy speed scanners on the highways if they are really interested in enforcing speed limits, they are putting burden on vehicle owners to install speed limiter. That's an infringement on the fundamental rights on Nigerians.
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by Akaujaa(m): 6:35am On Jul 18, 2023
Then the VIO await you at the states owned roads.
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by Immanuel3(m): 6:51am On Jul 18, 2023
ppogba:

Is there no difference between Lagos/ Ibadan express way and the road that passes through your street?

Is there no difference between PH/ Aba express way and the road to your village?

I want to believe I am not responding to a primary school kid.
You still didn’t answer the simple question . It’s not at any given opportunity you keep up this bravado fronting online.
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by abibun: 6:52am On Jul 18, 2023
Court need to rule that state owned outfit like the LASMA, KASTELA should also operate on state owned roads alone too
Sinof:

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/just-in-frsc-can-only-operate-on-fg-roads-acourt-rules/
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by Menclothing: 7:11am On Jul 18, 2023
This men are evil
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by uche393: 7:34am On Jul 18, 2023
State boarder roads are also federal roads and that's where they collect more bribes.
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by abbeynism(m): 7:36am On Jul 18, 2023
Iseoluwani:
Uselessness at it peak

What's their function if OYRTIMA OR LASTMA IS ON ROAD OR VIO IS ON ROAD AND THEY ARE ON that same road

Come to apata, u will see OYRTIMA, VIO AND FRSC NOT FAR FROM THEMSELVES INFACT GISTING

OR COME TO DUGBE ALONG TOTAL, U SEE FRSC, SEE VIO...

USELESS MOFOS

They are all colleagues in extortion. Ibadan experience. Dem never stop me though.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by oyeb15: 7:59am On Jul 18, 2023
Which one is federal road or state road. Moreover this frsc, police,Vio ,civil defense,lasma etc are just miscreants making life difficult for ordinary Nigerians
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by jimter44(m): 8:42am On Jul 18, 2023
"Edun further stated that the Judgment is a re-emphasization of the federal structure of the country because the FRSC being a federal agency should only concern itself with federal roads".

Can we then say that, the police being a federal organization can only operate on Federal highways and not neither state nor local govt roads? This is why we are advocating for true Federalism in this country. Let there be state police as it's being practiced in the USA.
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by Chetas81(m): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2023
But state don't need frsc, that is how you end sars, but now MURDERERS and kidnapper's ritualism everywhere in Nigeria
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by stevonics: 9:38am On Jul 18, 2023
Not only that, bad roads should be their concern. They should demand good and safe roads from the government.
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by stevonics: 9:42am On Jul 18, 2023
It is Nigeria Police and not Federal highway Police. The issue here is Federal Road Safety. As the name implies. While the other Police Nigeria.
jimter44:
"Edun further stated that the Judgment is a re-emphasization of the federal structure of the country because the FRSC being a federal agency should only concern itself with federal roads".

Can we then say that, the police being a federal organization can only operate on Federal highways and not neither state nor local govt roads? This is why we are advocating for true Federalism in this country. Let there be state police as it's being practiced in the USA.
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by correctguy101(m): 9:52am On Jul 18, 2023
wirinet:

Shey they did not ask your for speed limiter? I have Toyota hilux with commercial number. They always stop me demanding for speed limiter and using that excuse to collect 4 or 5k everytime - even in traffic inside Lagos. Instead of FRSC to deploy speed scanners on the highways if they are really interested in enforcing speed limits, they are putting burden on vehicle owners to install speed limiter. That's an infringement on the fundamental rights on Nigerians.

An average Nigerian does not like spending time on what they perceive as unnecessary wahala. And these uniformed extortioners thrive on that....

I'm still owing VIO for the billings they forced on me but now, I've sold my car...
Make dem come catch me inside commercial bus na, awon werey .
Re: FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules by slowice(m): 10:51am On Jul 18, 2023
Let our motorists breeeeef

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Luggage Above N50,000 Attract Duties - Customs Reminds Passengers / Nigerians For Sale In Libya: Where Lives Are Auctioned For $400 / Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.