Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? (29998 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary / Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Ayietim(m): 9:16am On Nov 17, 2021
I came across this question on Quora.

Some answers were quite interesting. One of them is reproduced below;

"They were very nice. Intelligent, law-abiding and hardworking.

And those are the reasons. If you’re intelligent, hardworking and law abiding, you’ll likely make it in America to a large extent. No matter where you’re from."

Now over to you, "Why are Nigerians so successful in America?"

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by ahnie: 9:45am On Nov 17, 2021
Because village people didn't followed them to america.

149 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by FalseProphet1(m): 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
Because Nigerians naturally are husslers and hard working people, so if they apply half of the effort they use in Nigeria over there in the USA, they'd become millionaires.

Also, the American system is built in such a way that there's reward for geninue hard work. Over here in Nigeria, no matter how qualifed or how hard you've worked, if your name isn't Abdul, Mohammed, Aisha...and come from a certain section of the country, you're just wasting your time.

By 2023, more than 98% of Nigerian youths would have successfully migrated out of this hell hole.

This I have seen.

379 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by ZendayaColeman(f): 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
It's because the system is working unlike the evil forest called Nigeria

157 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by thatsleepboy1: 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by SeniorRef: 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
When u are determine and hard-working,u will be successful even if u are not in US.Knowing what is right and doing it and holding on to God is an added advantage

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by kponkedenge(m): 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
Most Nigerians are hardworking.... in fact Nigerians make up the highest numbers of educated blacks in the US.

Forget all these stereotypes most people say... like crime, fraud, drug, etc..... Cos for every one fraudulent Nigerian abroad.... there are a thousand number of Nigerians doing legit business abroad.... and adding something to their host country.....be it through medicine, finance, or IT.

Oh, and remember the deputy Treasury president in the US is a Nigerian.

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by ILoveDemMANNA: 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
I am here to read and learn.
RayMcBlue:
they deal drugs and other fraudulent schemes.
Keep silent if you have nothing reasonable to say,
1% of fraudsters soiling the country's name out there shouldn't be a yardstick to measure hardworking and successful Nigerians abroad.
Cocoacandy, no be so?

By the way,
Instead of some internet urchins that have never traveled out of their villages to chill out and allow Nigerians in foreign countries to contribute and make comments and let we at home learn,
Never, these online miscreants will take over all the comments box talking on behalf of the people that are in the position to answer.
The difference between Quora and Nairaland.

Over there, sensible people chill out at this kind of topic, people don't just post for posting sake.
I tire for dis kind people here sha

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by nairaman66(m): 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
America irrespective of its racial profiling gives everybody the opportunity to achieve his/her best because of the available platforms!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Jentle244: 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
A conducive environment for business. As a taxi driver in Nigeria do you know how many touts you will have to settle before loading passengers? Including the one that union collects. After loading, you meet some misfits in police uniform. Of course you will settle them. At the end of the day what is your take home profit? Also consider inflation in the price of foodstuffs etc.

Now, compare it to abroad. Once you are registered as a taxi driver. That is all. Although I believe there is a sort of due or levy they pay there. Consider their economy.

Coupled with the fact that Nigerians are hardworking irrespective of tribe.

Finally, if you as an individual you migrate abroad, after some years you need something to show for it.

Don't mind my epistle grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by AkanjiNaira: 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
We work harder outside of Naija
Ayietim:

And those are the reasons. If you’re intelligent, hardworking and law abiding, you’ll likely make it in America to a large extent. No matter where you’re from."

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by ILoveDemMANNA: 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
I talk am, the first 50 comments on this thread were made by everyone, but not one person living in Yankee!!

Welcome to Nigeria my country!!!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by micxwell(m): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
ahnie:
Because village people didn't followed them to america.
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by deepwater(f): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
forget that lazy youth and unemployable gradute phrases our wicked leaders coined to keep us as a clog in the wheels without complaining
The average Nigerian is a hard and smart worker!
we struggle a lot, however no result as the environment and policies are designed to keep ypu down at all times.
so when Nigerians get into a better society, u see them florish based on putting 60% of their 9ja hustle spirit
ever hard about the gold fish in a bigger bowl?

N.B: I am not speaking about illegal earners undecided

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Omotajo1: 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
Village people are everywhere
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by yaseer111: 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ayietim:

who told you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Ecbatana: 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
If you know where you're coming from, you'd definitely know where you're heading to.

Except you're a joker who never takes life seriously.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by WibusJaga: 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by RayMcBlue(m): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
they deal in drugs and other fraudulent schemes.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by ZendayaColeman(f): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
Instead

Seun, Dominique, this use.less user is violating rule 1 - 10

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Omotajo1: 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
Just the grace of God
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by kcdendelo: 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2021
Bc they left this God forsaking evil country

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by gshsj: 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
It's becos living in Nigeria is the worst place to live in the world.
So if you can survive Nigeria where nothing is certain for you.., then America willl be child's play cos of the privilege and opportunity

God have mercy on me and show me the way to America

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Flolovtri(f): 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
Seriously?!

I don't know but lemme start preparing. Me sef wan successfull!

Thanks for the update.
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Ladycewhy(f): 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
AkanjiNaira:
We work harder outside of Naija
so people here are not working hard ? undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by Juicypamela(f): 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
Than
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by molawale: 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
Because the system work fine for everybody.. Depending on where you belong, you would be fine
Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by dalhjana: 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
I'm here to read comments
I no wan talk anything

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? by TempUser: 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2021
It's like coming from hell to heaven, hell Don sharpen our brains to always adapt and make more financially favorable decisions. Na why we dey always shine our eyes shocked
grin

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fun Places To Visit This Christmas In Lagos - Photos / The Cost Of Living In Suleja Vs That Of Lagos / China Unveils Elevated Train That Drives Over The TOP Of Other Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.