Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? (11857 Views)

Anambra: Tax Enforcers Dismissed For Unprofessional Conduct- Photos / How To Use Whatsapp On Desktop/Laptop Without Data Connection / Why Are ICAN Staff So Slow And Unprofessional? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by TOBILOBA2023(m): 10:07pm On Jul 17, 2023
I noticed that some people sees use of WhatsApp for calls as unprofessional.

I prefer WhatsApp calls to normal voice calls because it's more cheaper and also helps save normal call airtime for lines that are not registered on WhatsApp.

A woman refused to engage me in business discussion because I called her via WhatsApp. She feels I'm not serious or professional enough.

Do you have any issues with WhatsApp calls for business/official purposes?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by visaclick: 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2023
Bbb
Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by shielaAhmed: 9:41am On Jul 18, 2023
Well, you need to know that WhatsApp call depends solely on the the internet before it can go through.

Which is not suitable for emergencies, urgent business transactions and cooperate dealings

Direct phone call beats all of this hurdle. But if you must have a phone convo (in a corporate world) that is based on the internet, zoom call takes the lead.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by RecentHistory: 9:42am On Jul 18, 2023
If you're calling me for the first time and you call me on WhatsApp calls, I won't pick.

If you don't give me advance notice that you want to talk on WhatsApp, I no go pick.

But funny enough, if I'm having a conversation on large numbers or private stuff, I use WhatsApp calls. It's safer.

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by karzyharsky(m): 9:43am On Jul 18, 2023
True
Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by Adaorababy(f): 9:43am On Jul 18, 2023
Only archaic people avoid WhatsApp for business calls. It is important however, to first ask their permission via chat or text before engaging them via WhatsApp calls.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by marvellous2222: 9:43am On Jul 18, 2023
Which kind mumu topic be this?

6 Likes

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by mbahdi(m): 9:43am On Jul 18, 2023
Tinubu is a confused man

7 Likes

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by slawomir: 9:43am On Jul 18, 2023
Damnnn niggar
There is nothing wrong son
So many primitive and archaic people in this part of the world

Voice over Internet calls or rather Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is what people use in communicating nowadays

One thing about me if you are my relatives or friend and most time when I send you messages on WhatsApp knowing fully well that you have internet enabled phone and yet my WhatsApp message takes like one day to show that double tick then I will conclude you are not serious in life

If I want to contact you the first thing I do is call you through Internet because I can't be spending thousands of naira on data subscription and you still expect me to waste my normal credit on calls

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by Stanislause94: 9:43am On Jul 18, 2023
Nigerians and their yeye forming, what’s the difference calling on WhatsApp and normal call? Let’s try to be understanding at times.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by Chijeep(m): 9:43am On Jul 18, 2023
As for I and my family we'll serve the living God

10 Likes

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by davibid: 9:43am On Jul 18, 2023
There’s absolutely nothing wrong, in my office we regularly have WhatsApp conference calls for meetings as alternative when zoom is fluctuating.
It doesn’t matter the medium of passing the message provided the task is achieved.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by Candidlady: 9:43am On Jul 18, 2023
Wahala

1 Like

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by DesChyko: 9:43am On Jul 18, 2023
Depends on Organizational Policy.

For a first-time meeting, it is highly unofficial to solicit clients through WhatsApp Call except if you're authorized to by the person. Even within an organization, you should only do that if recommended or encouraged by a superior.

Personally, I prefer not to use WhatsApp for business calls.

18 Likes

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by LandMann: 9:43am On Jul 18, 2023
Seek permission before engaging people in business discussion on WhatsApp. It will save you from any unnecessary embarrassment

7 Likes

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by chickenfoot: 9:43am On Jul 18, 2023
Isn't that why there's WhatsApp business?
Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by free2ryhme: 9:44am On Jul 18, 2023
TOBILOBA2023:

I prefer WhatsApp calls to normal voice calls because it's more cheaper and also helps save normal call airtime for lines that are not registered on WhatsApp.

A woman refused to engage me in business discussion because I called her via WhatsApp. She feels I'm not serious or professional enough.

The woman for bar your number so you will learn a lesson.
Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by GENUINEGOSPEL: 9:44am On Jul 18, 2023
Nigerians making life hard for themselves since nne muru mu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by IbrahimSkiba(f): 9:44am On Jul 18, 2023
We are coming
Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by meobizy(f): 9:44am On Jul 18, 2023
Study your audience before engaging.

I see it as the person being petty. Nobody set rules for anything. Doing so for something trivial means the person him/herself lost a potentially beneficial opportunity. Then again, the person fit be bad market from the jump.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by HeadNigga: 9:44am On Jul 18, 2023
Is it until Dangote starts using it that it will be considered professional? Better use every reasonable means you know to reduce the cost of running your company.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by samsard(m): 9:44am On Jul 18, 2023
TOBILOBA2023:

Nigerian mentality. I heard people in the UK prefer WhatsApp calls and in the US there's some level of preference for VOIP calls using iPhone.
It's the same mindset with babes sometimes where they think you're unserious because of WhatsApp calls.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by jimmyolasun: 9:44am On Jul 18, 2023
Normal call at first then you can setup a WhatsApp call later if discussion is taking longer... Then every other calls naa WhatsApp call.. or zoom or any one..

1 Like

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by oluwaseunamos33(m): 9:44am On Jul 18, 2023
i don't know. ask google
Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by tollyboy5(m): 9:44am On Jul 18, 2023
TOBILOBA2023:

International Interviews are through whatsapp these days.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by free2ryhme: 9:44am On Jul 18, 2023
DesChyko:
Depends on Organizational Policy.

which yeye organization policy to use whatsapp call for business purpose

1 Like

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by airsaylongcome: 9:45am On Jul 18, 2023
RecentHistory:
If you're calling me for the first time and you call me on WhatsApp calls, I won't pick.

If you don't give me advance notice that you want to talk on WhatsApp, I no go pick.

But funny enough, if I'm having a conversation on large numbers or private stuff, I use WhatsApp calls. It's safer.

What makes you say it's safer?
Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by enyooe(m): 9:45am On Jul 18, 2023
nigerians need to b educated on the issues of whatsapp calls... many dont know that internet calls reduces cost calls... the best way to make is through data call.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by tollyboy5(m): 9:45am On Jul 18, 2023
My uk interview was on whatsapp
samsard:
Nigerian mentality. I heard people in the UK prefer WhatsApp calls and in the US there's some level of preference for VOIP calls using iPhone.
It's the same mindset with babes sometimes where they think you're unserious because of WhatsApp calls.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by Adeniranloye(m): 9:45am On Jul 18, 2023
This depend on the nature of availability channel and convenience communication route.

Some client might prefer the whatsapp call due to them too familiarity as also to chat with other client at the same time.

While some might take it unprofessional.

If it left for me , I am good with it as far as you are calling within the working hour.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Unprofessional To Use Whatsapp For Official/business Calls? by Houseontherock1: 9:46am On Jul 18, 2023
It's a bit unprofessional in naija because of the network issues. However, if you are sure of your network and the receiver's network, you can use WhatsApp...but how do you ensure you both have good network? It's irritating when you are making a business call or a very serious call and it keeps saying "reconnecting".

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naval College Graduates 18 Military Officers / GTBank Vs Zenith Bank / 5 Reasons Why Doctors Should Have A Side Hustle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.