Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,425 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? (1532 Views)

Court Sentences Three Kidnappers To Death By Hanging In Rivers / Nene Steve & Joy Aboel: Housemaid Tortured To Death, Hanged To Fake Suicide / Chief Newton Agbofodoh Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by chatinent: 1:21am On Jul 18, 2023
Is it just passing a sentence to appease the public but no implementation

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by NoahHadNoArk: 1:57am On Jul 18, 2023
A Governor has to sign a death warrant on the day of execution after the convict had exhausted his/her appeals. No Governor wants death on his hands except a military administratoršŸ˜

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by orisa37: 4:18am On Jul 18, 2023
THE HANGMAN IS LOST IN TRANSIT.
Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by illicit(m): 6:29am On Jul 18, 2023
They do

I have met an hangman's daughter
Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by Draslo(m): 6:59am On Jul 18, 2023
Why is this bothering you?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by Starboytwo(m): 8:53am On Jul 18, 2023
illicit:
They do

I have met an hangman's daughter
and you nor run?
Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by illicit(m): 9:00am On Jul 18, 2023
Starboytwo:
and you nor run?

I HANG her legs for my shoulder

wink

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by Starboytwo(m): 9:05am On Jul 18, 2023
illicit:

I hang her legs for my shoulder

wink
hmmm, daredevil, continue.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by kingthreat(m): 9:22am On Jul 18, 2023
chatinent:
Is it just passing a sentence to appease the public but no implementation

Question here is why does the execution not get media attention.
Actually, it really should.
Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by jullary(m): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2023
Are u kidding me? Governor doesn't want death on his hand!but they can freely share guns during election.Do u know people they killed for them to get to that position?!
They only keep those people for future use,they are condemned already so they can use them for dirty deals since no family memeber will ask again.
See to sign death for prisoners is so easy for governors, but those people are being used by them.
NoahHadNoArk:
A Governor has to sign a death warrant on the day of execution after the convict had exhausted his/her appeals. No Governor wants death on his hands except a military administratoršŸ˜

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by chatinent: 9:39am On Jul 18, 2023
jullary:
Are u kidding me? Governor doesn't want death on his hand!but they can freely share guns during election.Do u know people they killed for them to get to that position?!
They only keep those people for future use,they are condemned already so they can use them for dirty deals since no family memeber will ask again.
See to sign death for prisoners is so easy for governors, but those people are being used by them.
This point seems more reasonable.
Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by meobizy(f): 10:04am On Jul 18, 2023
They do. It doesnā€™t make the news unless in immediate cases.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by Quadribabaalagb: 10:09am On Jul 18, 2023
jullary:

Legal killings brother

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by Faber(m): 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2023
Na small hangers wey we dey manage to take hang out clothes, e never reach everybody sef, na im you want go waste, in the name of hanging criminals

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by Icuib4cu: 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2023

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by kokoA(m): 12:04am On Jul 19, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:
As if they don't already blood on their hands? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sentenced To Death By Hanging in Nigeria Never Get Hanged? by Pat081: 6:36am On Jul 19, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:
one or two governors have sign it ex-governor of Edo state and

(1) (Reply)

41 Terrorists, Commanders Killed As Boko Haram Clash With ISWAP In Borno(photos) / Agberos And Miscreants Clashed In Mile12; Not Hausas And Yorubas / No Gun Shot Can Pierce My Body ā€“ Arrested Cultist In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.