Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? (33133 Views)

Types Of People You Meet In A Transit Bus(pics) / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by ednut1(m): 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2023
Last year I bought a ticket from Toronto to london via dublin i was not allowed to board due to my Nigerian passport. Dublin is not part of UK so you need a visa

5 Likes

Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by airsaylongcome: 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2023
Yes
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by nedekid: 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2023
Your question has been answered above.
Since you are using Turkish air, better get their visa and do stopover for goodtime, even if it is for few days.
Omo, the enjoyment there is the highest, you will have a great culinary experience. Besides the hotels and resorts are quite cheap compared to UK, Dubai etc.
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by Greystone: 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
As a Nigerian..YEs sarr and that's to tour the city but if you remain in the airport..you dont need one

Precisely
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by SouthSultan(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2023
Frankly, I was in the same situation a few days back. I called Turkish Airline and they said that my friend and children that I booked a flight for to Glasgow from Abuja en route Dublin, would require a transit visa in Ireland. I even went as far as calling the Ireland Embassy here in Nigeria and they sent this.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/at-the-border/transit-including-transfer-visa-advice/

Let us know how it goes after your inquiries.

We later rerouted sha, but it was at great cost. And FYI, Dublin is not in the UK

8 Likes

Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by nnamdi640: 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2023
AchrafHakimi:

If you did, don't you think it would be one of the airline's requirements?

Mumu².
You can educate him rather than calling him or her mumu. We just need to change our approach towards our fellow country men. I don't think he or she committed any crime in asking such question.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by janvier27(m): 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2023
No, if you aren't leaving the airport
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by 2mch(m): 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2023
Call the airline and ask them, only them not people on NL.
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by Pipapi1: 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2023
See how you have exposed yourself. If you now have problems with the immigration or during your stay in the UK you wouldn't remember you were the one that sold yourself to your family who aren't happy for your success.
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by wales4real(m): 5:41pm On Jul 21, 2023
elloso:
Hello fam.
I will be traveling to the UK soon (Scotland precisely) and I intend to book a flight (Turkish Airline) that has a stopover at Istanbul and Dublin.
Do I need a transit visa to go through Dublin?

Please I really need your reply 🙏

You will need Transit Visa. Same applies to all flights with stopover anywhere in Europe (if your only passport is Nigerian). The flights may look cheap but don't fall into that trap if you can't process your transit visa in time.

4 Likes

Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by rolams(m): 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2023
Terilah:
As somebody that hasn't travelled anywhere before, I better keep quiet

🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by gabbytabby: 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2023
AchrafHakimi:

If you did, don't you think it would be one of the airline's requirements?

Mumu².

Airline never tells you anything make sure to check.

I once had to forgo an airfrance ticket and buy virgin Atlantic on the day for my mum to travel to lagos. I was not smiling.

3 Likes

Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by Btruth: 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2023
What do you want to take in Dublin? 🤷
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by Emetex22(m): 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2023
Terilah:
As somebody that hasn't travelled anywhere before, I better keep quiet
You will soon, don't worry

1 Like

Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by erisegun: 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2023
YOU NEED TRANSIT VISA O
elloso:

Thanks a lot.
I will not leave the airport, I will just spend few hours there.
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by Neokhalifa(m): 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2023
The stop over at Istanbul is for change of plane to be Abel to carry more passengers but the one at Dublin is for refuel. A lot of international airline does stop over at Dublin eg Ethiopia. At Dublin, you wouldn’t need to step out of the plane.

1 Like

Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by Eriokanmi: 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2023
elloso:
Hello fam.
I will be traveling to the UK soon (Scotland precisely) and I intend to book a flight (Turkish Airline) that has a stopover at Istanbul and Dublin.

Yes, if you're Nigerian.

Dear nairalanders. Anyone who wishes to travel to America or Canada should consider departing through cotonou or Ghana. Rates are amazingly cheap when you travel in either of these countries to those destinations. Try it and thank me later. This country, Helen! If you don't go out, you may think certain things are a norm.
Who come do us like this? Thanks to my friend who jami si. See as the airport in Benin Republic was seething with nigerians 😃 . Everyone was in a rush even when there was no need to rush.

1 Like

Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by zolajpower: 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2023
elloso:
Hello fam.

Omo see Japa! you dey ask again ?
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by cooooooks(m): 5:48pm On Jul 21, 2023
5 years ago, you didnt need a visa ti transit through Dublin. Things may have changed.
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by flexyrule(m): 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2023
You don't need one..

But do not leave the airport please...

Just hang around and appreciate what God has done for you.
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by Oblongata: 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2023
You will require a visa if going to the Uk via Dublin! You will need another airline or a reroute! This will cost you extra money.
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by Error401: 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2023
nO BE DEM DROP U FOR DUBLIN AND TURKEY? If ud need a visa, they will communicate, you can call turkish airline too though to confirm
elloso:
Hello fam.

Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by JogahBonito(m): 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2023
Yes, you do. I flew through Dublin earlier this month and I needed one. Sadly, I didn't have a transit visa but the immigration official was gracious enough to issue me a visa warning (usually a stamp on your passport) and allow me to fly onward to my destination. He said he would have sent me back if he wanted to treat me the same way he had done to others. So to avoid any complications, use another city/country as a stopover instead of Dublin.

elloso:
Hello fam.

2 Likes

Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by commodore007: 5:54pm On Jul 21, 2023
You might be needing a transit visa please confirm from Turkish airlines before making your move .
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by Funflipper: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2023
elloso:
Hello fam.

No you don't but you won't be able to get past the arrivals gate.
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by friend2Macron: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2023
ednut1:
Last year I bought a ticket from Toronto to london via dublin i was not allowed to board due to my Nigerian passport. Dublin is not part of UK so you need a visa

The same thing happened to me last year. I had to book an expensive British Airways on the spot at Pearson Airport because I needed to fly.

I learnt my lesson after that experience.
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by XPoseidon(m): 5:57pm On Jul 21, 2023
Yes you do. When you make two stopovers in different countries, you’re required to have a visa for one. Contact the airline to confirm their policy.
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by Funflipper: 5:57pm On Jul 21, 2023
Oblongata:
You will require a visa if going to the Uk via Dublin! You will need another airline or a reroute! This will cost you extra money.

That is not correct.
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by Khafsun: 5:59pm On Jul 21, 2023
You need o.
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by SeaTrade(m): 5:59pm On Jul 21, 2023
elloso:
Hello fam.

Use another airline.
Re: My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? by abuhusna1: 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2023
Op I guess you will need a transit visa. Why not reroute to any uk county then inst3ad of Dublin. I used to live in ireland sometimes back one of my trip I used british airways and I was checked at heathrow and my uk visa stamped just like any other person going to the uk despite I was going to Dublin. Then I connected flight to Ireland same will happen if you going from Dublin to uk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South African Man Gets His Nigerian Visa & He's Excited / Young Lady Survives Ghastly Accident As Vehicle Falls Off A Bridge. Photos / Student-Athlete, Oluwatoni Onikeku, Dies Abroad (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.