Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,312 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

The Popular Rapture Lies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Popular Rapture Lies (708 Views)

Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / 2014 Rapture Signs To Watch For / 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Popular Rapture Lies by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2011
This is a summary of the pre tribulation rapture teaching:

One day, the day of rapture, a trumpet would sound in heaven and those who died righteous would be raised and Christians still alive would disappear into a place in the cloud for the marriage supper of the lamb where there would be the judgement seat of Christ. All these would be very secret that they claim there would be report of missing men/women/children all over the world.

Then the antichrist would appear and rule for 7 years

He would bring peace to the world for 3.5 years but persecute those who refuse to receive his 666 sign. He would kill many of them and those who will be saved would have to save themselves by their blood cause grace was over

After the 3.5 years there would be a great tribulation brought upon men by God for the remaining 3.5 years

Then after this Jesus would come back with those who disappeared initially.

The antichrist will then gather all men to fight with Jesus on the plain of Megiddo. They call this the Armageddon war

Jesus would defeat them and raise those who saved themselves from the grave (this means second resurrection isn’t it?)

Then there would be 1000 years of peace

Then there would be resurrection of the unrighteous at the white throne judgement (this means third resurrection isn’t it?)

Just pick up any version of the bible and read it with open mind and you would see that most of these claims cannot be found in the bible.

Refuting the pre tribulation claims:

The bible talks only about two resurrections not three ( first resurrection when Jesus appears in the air at His second coming to earth and second resurrection after the 1000 year reign when all the ungodly would be judged)

The bible says all eyes shall see Jesus when he returns

The bible never talked about a 7 year tribulation

The rapture is not a secret event and no one is staying in a cloud for 7 years

The war that men would attempt to fight with Christ would be after the 1000 years

The bible talks about a tribulation where the saints would be persecuted for 3.5 years before the return of Christ (or before the rapture, our glorification and welcome of the Lord). When I mean rapture I mean being caught up with the Lord in the sky on his return.

The bible says the man of sin (the antichrist) would be revealed before Jesus return

The bible talks about plaques that would befall all mankind except the saints of the Lord upon whose foreheads there would be the seal of God ( meaning they were around during the tribulation) during the great tribulation

Jesus talked about deception in the last days that if were possible even God’s elects would be deceived

Jesus sent John to the church in the book of revelation saying “ I am coming soon”

Jesus in Matthew 24 talked about the great tribulation saying “For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.” Then how can the elect who had rapture into the clouds be present during the tribulation? The bible doesn't teach a rapture to escape tribulation rather it teaches that the tribulation will come upon all flesh.

The bottom line is that men have abandoned their bibles and result to what other men say or think. In fact some people after reading the truth in the bible, they turn around and say “Holy Spirit it is true what you revealed but I believe my pastor more than your revealed truth.” Some others go ahead and say “But that is not what we believe in our church” I don’t know of any church that is not known by Jesus or any man that is not know by the Lord whether he does miracles or not. That somebody is eloquent in explaining things or sweet-mouthed does not mean he speaks the truth or as in the case of the scriptures, understands it.
Re: The Popular Rapture Lies by wetu: 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2011
I would not be so quick to call anyone's belief on rapture "lies". First of all there is a rapture (the catching away of the saints). What we disagree on is the timing of the rapture. I guess you believe that the rapture will come at the very end:

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I guess you believe that the dead in Christ will rise first and as they meet the living saints in the clouds, those who did not die in Christ will rise immediately after the dead in Christ. I guess for you that means that it is technically only one resurrection but someone can still argue that it is two resurrections. First of the dead in Christ and secondly of those who did not die in Christ.

In support of a pre-tribulation rapture [/b]is the fact that Matthew 24 will contain some contradictions if we suppose the Lord will come for the Church only after the tribulation. Those seeming contradictions can be done away with if we accept that there will be a pre-trib rapture.

The Lord says He will come as a thief in the night just like in the parable of the 10 virgins. However, we see in Matthew 24:

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And [b]then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:
and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven [/b]with power and great glory.

Here we see that they will see a sign in heaven but Matthew 24 also says that the coming of the Lord will be like in the days of Noah. They were eating and drinking. There was no sign until the flood came and took them away.

The Lord also cannot come as a thief if the man of sin has been revealed:

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, [b]except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed
, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

The "falling away" can also be translated as a departure. Before calling the pre-trib rapture lies, consider that the "falling away" could be the rapture, after which the anti-Christ is revealed and the tribulation starts.

2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

The anti-Christ will come and deceive those who refused the truth. This is during the tribulation:

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24:4-31 might just as well be irrelevant for the raptured Church:

Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

If there's anyone who will believe that Jesus is somewhere in Jerusalem or Nigeria, it is obvious this person has not received the Holy Spirit, has not partaken in the rapture. Spirit-filled Christians will not run after false Christs. The anti-Christ will only come to the fore after the Church is raptured:

2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

The Holy Spirit, whose habitation is the Church, is the one that restrains the anti-Christ to be revealed.

Remember that as it was in the days of Noah, so also shall the coming of the Son of man. In the days of Noah, the flood could not come until Noah's Ark was ready, until Noah and his family was in the Ark. As soon as Noah was taken away, after 7 days, the flood came. Similarly, the glorious Church will be taken to heaven for 7 years to celebrate the marriage supper:

Rev 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Rev 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
Rev 19:9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

The Lord is ready to come and destroy the wicked one but the Church is already in heaven:

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

The Lord is ready to come and destroy the wicked one who is causing havoc in the tribulation, yet the Church is already in heaven!

Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all,

I'm not saying I'm right but I want you not to be so presumptuous that you are right but rather study the scriptures and you will see that the pre-tribulation rapture might possibly be true.
Re: The Popular Rapture Lies by wetu: 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2011
Another point you make is that the tribulation will come upon all flesh. Did you consider:

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Again, I will not make any conclusions but exhort you to consider the scriptures instead of taking a hard line position that you might stick to not because it is right but because you have invested so much emotion into it that you wouldn't want to consider that you are wrong. That means you might find yourself walking in rebellion.

(1) (Reply)

Salvation Vs. Assurance Of Salvation / The Muslim Is Not Your Enemy / Watch Breaking News! I See A Huge Bridge Broken In India – TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.