Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,759 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:02 AM

Things I Found Out About Sweden! - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things I Found Out About Sweden! (86527 Views)

Ikenna Nweke: I Declined 10% Of Money I Found In Japan / My Experience When I Moved To Sweden! / Do You Know Anything About Sweden Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 6:05am On Aug 19, 2023
"I work as an innovation advisor for the government, and have an office at a science park. For me, Swedish work is like this:

Intense. For all the elegant buildings and design furniture, we do tend to have schedules that are full and eclectic. I am constantly checking my calendar, and flying by it like a rally driver. Every hour, I am in some other arena, doing something totally different.
Professional. You will rarely wonder how on earth colleague x got the job. Everyone here is quite qualified and very capable.
Warm and gentle. We may be going at full speed at all times, but the people are behaving exceptionally amicably, at least by comparison to my corporate experiences in Germany, France, the US, India, and China. I do feel a bit reminded of working life in England and New Zealand, here in Sweden.

Flat hierarchy. The boss is just the guy who signs off the things nobody else can sign off. Not a god, but just another guy with a lunchbox and an anorak.

Civilized. The surroundings are tasteful and cosy. Your work place in Sweden can be more homely than some people’s homes in some places.
Good. Here in Sweden, I have finally experienced what it is to work well. It’s a catalogue of many different things, and they hinge on being able to fulfill a whole work process including refractory periods, collaborative elements, preparation, and reflection. We probably do more here than others do elsewhere for the same job, but we grow more with it because of it.

-Annonymous

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 6:09am On Aug 19, 2023
Just like me & my staff in Kigali usually hang out together during lunch time gushing about my travel adventures, escapades etc. That idea of panicking when you see your boss is gone. Here you are called by your first name. That exceptional idea of been victimized at work place is non existent. Your boss is not a god. Job search is not a sentence for been poor. Africa needs to grow!

Lot of people even thought we were dating. It was full of fun knowing there is nothing sexual, romantic between yall despite popular opinion, rather mutual trust & respect. I am married and she has a fiancée.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 6:24am On Aug 19, 2023
I will post list of On-Demand jobs in Sweden for 2023.... These jobs are currently what the market here look for, and issuing out Work Permit for it is very easy if you get an employ to start the process for you.

Mind you, THE EMPLOYER will be the one to start the process for you! Alternatively, if you have qualifications & skills in these OD-Jobs, and can convince an employer, you can come with a visit visa (There is a particular visit visa, you can come with) and apply for a work permit. Simple. But you have an employer willing to prove that your skill is relevant to their business. The need to advertise for 10 days in EU/EEA wont be required. However, your application must be submitted by your visit visa expires. That is the only way you wont be required to leave the Schengen area, otherwise you go chop ban for overstay! Never ever be on a black list.

Also, those of you mutilating your passport up & down, changing records up & down, there is a new technology for detecting this. This is 78% base reason why many applicants from Nigeria gets rejected. You already have your date of birthday and want to change it? why? It simply invalidates all information on the bio page. If you have not learned anything, learn this from the travails of our dear president & commander in chief of Nigeria; Mr. Bola Tinubu GCFR.

Like i mentioned, understanding the process well, is number one reason why you get your papers or not. The others are simply secondary!
Also, if you get a willing employer, where you apply wont be considered, even if its from North Korea!

For those already signed up to Calm Travels Consultancy Plan... watch your email (Agro, carpenters, butchers, fitters, & Berry pickers). One of our agents confirmed a construction Firm have started the process for one of our client. I wish him all the best!

Least i forget, if you live in a 3rd country, other Nigeria, your proof of residence should be available too. YOU CAN NOT START the application on a visiting visa! Please be guided so you dont fail victim to unscrupulous travel agents!

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2023
Good news & Bad news for would be Swedish Migrant...

Good news first.
Effective from Nov 2023, visa and work permit processing for Sweden travels would now take less time to process according to Migration Minister. This means if you are already in Sweden, and having no job, this is good news for you as more openings for local residents will be available especially to migrant Africans!

Bad news.
Now, a sponsoring Company needs to pay works 2700USD, from previous 1300USD pm to workers. Getting companies willing to pay job seekers this sum, especially to workers from Non EEA/EU is going to be a bit difficult, as there seem to be no advantage for them! They would rather resort to getting workers from other troubling EU economies like Greece, Portugal, France, etc

But there seem to be good news for everyone..... WATCH your emails. I mean those on our Nordic Visa Consultation list!
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2023
Thanks!

ZINNYBANKS:
Calmtravels some of us don't have problem in Africa,the country we are living in made it look like we are fighting serious battle.
There's a difference between a poor person in Sweden and a poor person in Nigeria. Nice adventure brother...👍
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by damton(m): 3:16am On Sep 23, 2023
CalmTravels:
Thanks!

Hello bro , how do I join the mailing list.
I already sent you a DM

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
Very simple. You can join our mailing list by subscribing to minimum of 3, 6, 9, 12 months Nordic Migration Newsletter.
at a monthly fee of NGN2000. To join send us a mail on the email on our profile!

Best of luck!

damton:

Hello bro , how do I join the mailing list.
I already sent you a DM
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:07pm On Sep 29, 2023
Things about Sweden..... things you just have to observe keenly to understand it!

The Silent Mood!

Stuff you see in the bus.

You get on the bus. Since there are two empty seats together left on the bus, you take one of them. The window seat. Sitting next to someone else in that situation would be weird. Sitting in the aisle seat, or with your bag on the seat next to you would be rude.

Next stop, some people get on. All the window seats are taken, so the new passengers start sitting next to the old ones. Much care is taken not to disturb others. No speaking, no touching and very little eye contact. A lady strikes up a conversation anyway, and her co-rider responds in a friendly fashion, she’s probably lonely after all, the old dear.

The person next to you, however, is busy with a book, coat neatly tucked in so that it doesn’t encroach on your space.

The next stop is yours, and you’re going to need to get past the person next to you in order to get off.

You toy, briefly, with the idea of saying “excuse me” but dismiss it as too aggressive. After all, they’re innocently minding their own business.

So you put away your phone. Usually this is enough, a signal has been sent. If you have a handbag, and you’re unsure, you could close that, perhaps put some gloves on.

Without looking directly at you, or even seeming to notice you, the person next to you stands up into the aisle, allowing you to pass.

It’s silent, it’s magic, and it maintains the illusion that no-one need ever disturb anyone else.

You mumble a subdued “Thank you”, which is, at most, acknowledged with a nod, and get off the bus.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:09pm On Sep 29, 2023
Written by Mat Andersson

he one where you’re offered a job before you go.

It seems like many Africans are wildly, unrealistically optimistic about the chances of finding a job in Europe. If you have a university education and a few years of experience, sure. If you have vocational training and speak the language, it’s going to be very difficult but possible. If you have none of this, you will not get a job. Not now and not ever. There are no unskilled jobs left in a modern European economy, except for a handful, where you are competing with hundreds or thousands of people who 1) speak the language and 2) don’t require any paperwork to hire. If you come here illegally, it is also illegal to hire you, which means only criminals will hire you. And they will not pay you; in fact, you’ll be lucky to get away with your life.

If you want to come here, make sure you’ve got a signed contract of employment before you go. That’s the only way. If you come here with nothing but hope, good intentions, and ambition, your new life will be no better than your old one, and your friends and family will be on a different continent.

And one thing you should absolutely not do is to go into debt to come here. You will not be able to pay it off.

If you are a bona fide refugee, it’s different. But then, in your shoes, I’d just go to the nearest border, or buy a plane ticket to whatever destination I could afford, and sort everything else out later.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2023
The best migration plan is one backed by a job offer, even through such offer, there lies the possibilities of changing jobs with much better benefits or emolutions...

For now, Sweden is focusing on becoming as competitive as Switzerland. The govt have up the alt by increasing minimum pay for the least paid job from 1.3k USD it used to be to 2.7k USD......

Tech remains the honey pie for now. If you have a University degree and have Tech skills such as you are a developer, can write programs, can design Block chain systems, we can help you!

I dont mean graphic designs ohhhh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 9:06am On Oct 11, 2023
Let's talk about Visa Shopping: The new evasive way of flipping destinations!

Due to Visa Shopping: You Could Be Denied Entry to the Schengen Area.

As Schengen visa applicants face excruciatingly long wait times for appointments, a growing number of individuals are resorting to “visa shopping,” a practice where they apply for a Schengen visa at an embassy different from their intended destination.

This trend is driven by convenience and the desire to avoid missed opportunities. However, this practice carries legal risks, and embassies are warning against it.

Visa Shopping’s Rising Popularity
Long wait times for Schengen visa appointments have left many applicants frustrated and eager to find alternatives. “Visa shopping” involves applying at embassies where the process is faster and more convenient, even if it’s not the primary destination.

Reasons for Visa Shopping
There are a few main reasons why people choose to visa shop. First, it can be a way to avoid long waiting times for appointments. Some Schengen embassies have very long waiting times, especially during peak travel season. Visa shoppers may choose to apply for a visa at an embassy with shorter waiting times, even if they do not intend to visit that country.

Second, visa shopping can be a way to increase the chances of getting a visa. Some Schengen countries have stricter visa requirements than others. Visa shoppers may choose to apply for a visa from a country with more lenient requirements.

Finally, visa shopping can be a way to get a visa for a longer period of time. Some Schengen countries issue visas for longer periods of time than others. Visa shoppers may choose to apply for a visa from a country that issues longer visas.

Risks of Visa Shopping
Visa shopping is illegal and can have serious consequences. If you are caught visa shopping, you may be denied a visa, refused entry into the Schengen Area, or even blacklisted from entering the Schengen Area for several years.

In addition, visa shopping can be a waste of time and money. If you are denied a visa from one Schengen country, you will have to start the application process over again at another embassy. This can be costly and time-consuming.

Embassies Warn Against Visa Shopping
While some applicants are aware of the risks, many others are not. The Embassy of Estonia emphasized severe consequences for those who engage in visa shopping, including visa refusal or being sent back home from EU borders.

The Embassy of Switzerland in India and Bhutan issued a stern warning, advising everyone to apply for a visa in the country they plan to visit or stay the longest. Violators may be denied entry upon arrival in Switzerland.

The embassy also shared measures to address limited appointments, including allowing applications up to six months before travel and increasing overall capacity.

Alternatives to Visa Shopping
If you are considering visa shopping, there are a few alternatives to consider. First, you can try to get an appointment at the embassy of your intended destination country. Even if the waiting time is long, it is the best way to ensure that you get a visa.

Second, you can try to apply for a visa from a different Schengen country that has shorter waiting times. However, it is important to make sure that you meet the visa requirements of that country.

Finally, you can try to get a multiple-entry visa. Multiple-entry visas allow you to enter the Schengen Area multiple times during the validity period of the visa. This can be a good option if you plan on visiting multiple Schengen countries during your trip.

Processing Times and Popular Schengen Destinations
Schengen Countries Sign Board
The Embassy of Switzerland disclosed that it takes no more than 13 working days to make a decision on Schengen visa applications. However, despite the challenges, data from Schengen Visa Statistics indicates that France, Spain, and Germany received the highest number of Schengen visa applications last year.

France received 1,918,515 applications, Spain received 1,197,457 applications, and Germany received 1,043,297 applications in 2022. Notably, these countries received a high number of applications despite not having the lowest rejection rates.

Easiest and Hardest Countries to Obtain a Schengen Visa
When it comes to rejection rates, some Schengen member states have lower rates than others. Iceland, Lithuania, and Latvia had the lowest visa rejection rates in 2022, making them the easiest to obtain a Schengen visa from. Iceland had a rejection rate of 1.9%, Lithuania had a rate of 7.8%, and Latvia had a rate of 9.5%.

In contrast, Malta, Sweden, Belgium, and France had the highest rejection rates in 2022, indicating that it is more challenging to secure a visa from these countries.

Conclusion
Visa shopping is a risky way to avoid long waiting times or increase your chances of getting a visa. It is important to be aware of the risks involved before you decide to visa shop. There are a few alternatives to visa shopping that you should consider before making a decision.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 9:44am On Oct 11, 2023
iN Europe, don't waste your time planning your Japa moves to these countries: Greece, Portugal, France, Italy, UK, Malta, Cyprus.... they should not be part of where you think of going.

Germany, Nordic countries, Switzerland, Luxe, are top places you should try. Why?
Wages (Blue collar) jobs are high. Salaries (White Collar) jobs are way way high. Guess what? There are lots of ways you can come through. Going through the school route puts you up as a white collar job seekers, and guess what? There are far too many white collar job seekers from countries outside EEA/EU seeking these tooo.

Place your chances for entry through:
White collar: Degree + IT skills and experiences.
Blue collar: Agro, Construction or Hospitality.

Agro is much easier even though it's seasonal. But once you enter, you find other opportunities for longer stay!

2 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2023
Why is living in Sweden awesome & perhaps one of the best moves you gonna make!
Living in Sweden is awesome. Really. I’ve been places, like France, the UK, Germany and others, but for me, Sweden is the ultimate awesome place.

It's something you gat to try and see to understand the serenity of living normal and sweet!

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2023
Switzerland vs Sweden.

Sweden

Pro
Lagom - just work enough. not less not more. I think this is bliss and helps not to have burnout. I come from India and realized that after living in Sweden for 8 years, I am spoilt. work-life balance is here in Sweden.
if you have kids/dependents/sickness, the social system in Sweden can handle it pretty well.
Polite and shy people. try to talk to any Sweden and you will know how polite and nice they generally are. I have spoken to many in other countries and realized they are silent not because they are shy wink
A lot of lakes and beautiful during summer.
Holidays and leaves (so many leaves around having children that I can bet there is no place better to have kids. long parental leaves equally there for man and woman)
Standard 30 days a year for everyone.
VAB - 120 days a year - a type of leave that you take for kids till the time they grow 12 yo.

Con
if you are a hard-working ambitious person, the money and healthcare will disappoint you.
if you are not having kids and you are healthy, you will feel you do not get the bang for the buck you make.
calling ‘free’ healthcare will result in poor attention and poor diagnosis unless you are really sick.
healthcare is very conservative and does not let help a lot as they are overstressed with patients due to free healthcare. but if you are in an emergency and dying, they will save you for sure. If you are coughing or having minor sickness, you might not even be able to meet the doctor. sometimes you need to act to get attention smiley
power for your money is very less. everything is expensive, heavy taxes, income is also low compared to what you can earn in Switzerland.
working hard here gives you higher taxes and is also seen as anti-lagom creating peer pressure and what not. so it is not seen as something good.
Jante law - no one is better than anyone else (this can start a comment war. lol)

Switzerland

Pro
True democracy - vote directly for what you like to see as change.
Income is way higher than in Sweden. (at least in Technology)
Mountains add more beauty to the landscape smiley
Heaven for individuals and hard-working people.

Con
People can be very straight forward and to some cultures, it can seem to be as rude. Living there can feel very mechanical in a very short time.
Insurances for health care and pretty much everything.

Summary
If you are an easygoing person who wants to chill and have a community living - Sweden
If you are an ambitious person making big money for early retirement - Switzerland

If you are a big family person with a lot of kids - Sweden
If you do not plan on kids - Switzerland (because Sweden feels expensive without kids)

If you like collective decisions and easy going polite ways of working - Sweden
If you like fast/efficient individuals driven towards collective decisions - Switzerland

Both places have their charm and I love them both for their goodness. If you are upset about some of my inputs, I want to say - “I only meant to tell all this in all openness with my experiences and do not intend to hurt any feelings.
~ Culled from the internet.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Spiceeey: 2:43am On Oct 28, 2023
abba190:
all these na trash if there is no girls wth big @sses

Swedish girls are 10/10 bro.

Some of them even come with portable backside that pass africa own, not too white Blonde hair, blue eyes and beautiful too. They all look like a model

Download tinder and change your location to Sweden and see for yourself if you don’t live here.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Spiceeey: 2:58am On Oct 28, 2023
CalmTravels:
Sometimes, you just go to gay pub. Luck might shine on you and a Lez might decide to give you a free ride. I was there sometime last week. Took this really sweet, cute & tall Ethiopian girl home...... Girl later told me she is bisexual and really like men, but for survival sake, she gat to always frequent there.

In the morning i just sharply discharge her before one night stand become living in partner

Funny thing is that you gat to pretend you support queer people...lol.

I don’t think Swedish girls are that hard to get especially if you come as a student and live on campus. They can give you thier insta and number easy. The rest depends on your Rizz though they can difficult and wield sometimes, generally thats how white girls behave, but once she finally agrees to go for drinks with you the rest is story.. Drinks make them more open and get laid
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2023
Sweden used to be, still is, one of the best places on earth to work and start a family! Your work is protected by what is called "COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT". If you know anyone who has a Company in Sweden or works, he will tell you how sweet it feels when your job is covered by CA!

I will post some jobs that is in high demand or what you called shortages in certain sectors!

BigDawsNet:

Very nice

Can you survive and get job if you only speak English?
I hope people who feel UK and Canada is too expensive for studies can actually focus on sweden
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
Do you know rape has a broader meaning in Sweden? Kindly do all you can to stay away from babes of Swedish origin!
Do you know you can take a girl home, sleep with her at night, and try to sleep with her in the morning, you know that kind early morning quickie (while she's still sleeping) and she can accuse you of rape. And you will get convicted for rape?

In most developed part of Europe, tie your penis and keep am one place or else...... one mentally unstable person may use you collect stipends from the State, while you end up jail.

Spiceeey:

I don’t think Swedish girls are that hard to get especially if you come as a student and live on campus. They can give you thier insta and number easy. The rest depends on your Rizz though they can difficult and wield sometimes, generally thats how white girls behave, but once she finally agrees to go for drinks with you the rest is story.. Drinks make them more open and get laid

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Spiceeey: 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2023
CalmTravels:
Do you know rape has a broader meaning in Sweden? Kindly do all you can to stay away from babes of Swedish origin!
Do you know you can take a girl home, sleep with her at night, and try to sleep with her in the morning, you know that kind early morning quickie (while she's still sleeping) and she can accuse you of rape. And you will get convicted for rape?

In most developed part of Europe, tie your penis and keep am one place or else...... one mentally unstable person may use you collect stipends from the State, while you end up jail.

I am not new to these haha, I live here. You probably got me wrong, Generally Swedish are reserved people, but drinks especially beer make them open more and wanting to talk to you.. Thats why its easy to meet them at the Pub. Have met a Swedish girl at the pub where she started the conversation and she paid for my drinks even though she knows i could afford it x 10.

You can meet them and agree to go a date for drinks or something and everything start from there. I generally have friends who are dating Swedish girls.

Even sometimes you will see girls kissing some random stranger at the pub. I live in students city so I might have different experiences from yours.. But my point is getting to meet Swedish and start from there, Relationship, friendship or whatever. I am not talking about going to a pub to find drunk Swedish girl to take home
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin. No worries bro!

That brings more food for thought!
Personally i frequent queer and gay pubs just to feel the fun. You know those pubs with a $15 entry fee. I particularly love the South American Purto rico ones.... playing Mambo & all that. You might want to try one somewhere near Skeppbro by the jetty front. You can hook up a old hag wanting some fresh blood. No worries for these types and you might have some cool leverage sometime in the future with these, you know what i mean?

Now here is the thing. In the Scands, female initiates mating or love tango. It is a great offense to throw one self to a lady in the Scands. Now let me explain how to know a girl is hitting it off with you.
If she looks at you more than once, or move pass you, brush you and take a second look at you without talking. Yea man, you gat one that really want to feel your weight on her.

Yea, i bet you any one living legit in Sweden can afford good stuffs, no doubt.
Spiceeey:

I am not new to these haha, I live here. You probably got me wrong, Generally Swedish are reserved people, but drinks especially beer make them open more and wanting to talk to you.. Thats why its easy to meet them at the Pub. Have met a Swedish girl at the pub where she started the conversation and she paid for my drinks even though she knows i could afford it x 10.

You can meet them and agree to go a date for drinks or something and everything start from there. I generally have friends who are dating Swedish girls.

Even sometimes you will see girls kissing some random stranger at the pub. I live in students city so I might have different experiences from yours.. But my point is getting to meet Swedish and start from there, Relationship, friendship or whatever. I am not talking about going to a pub to find drunk Swedish girl to take home
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 6:09pm On Nov 02, 2023
As the new Immigration criteria takes effect, Denmark is already battling with workers shortages, forcing many businesses to be on a critical postion.

Neigbouring Sweden might face the same situation. However, this is good news for those who already have placement with a Company ready to meet up with the requirement.

Have twice posted the On-demand job list released by the Migration agency together with their SSYK code so people can search for jobs using those codes, but the comment was removed by Mods.

Job searching has to be targeted, using SSYK codes.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Spiceeey: 7:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
CalmTravels:
grin grin grin grin grin grin. No worries bro!

That brings more food for thought!
Personally i frequent queer and gay pubs just to feel the fun. You know those pubs with a $15 entry fee. I particularly love the South American Purto rico ones.... playing Mambo & all that. You might want to try one somewhere near Skeppbro by the jetty front. You can hook up a old hag wanting some fresh blood. No worries for these types and you might have some cool leverage sometime in the future with these, you know what i mean?

Now here is the thing. In the Scands, female initiates mating or love tango. It is a great offense to throw one self to a lady in the Scands. Now let me explain how to know a girl is hitting it off with you.
If she looks at you more than once, or move pass you, brush you and take a second look at you without talking. Yea man, you gat one that really want to feel your weight on her.

Yea, i bet you any one living legit in Sweden can afford good stuffs, no doubt.

Thanks for the update and recommendation lol but I don’t old cargo though lol. I like some thick youngin

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 6:27am On Nov 08, 2023
What can i do, or how can i stay in Sweden if i no longer meet the work permit threshold?

The new salary threshold means that a lot of people in Sweden on work permit are no longer qualified under the new rules. What other permits are there for people who want to stay in the country?

1. You can get Residence permit to move with or stay with a family member. This could be a Swede or an immigrant. Not mandatory they have to be a Swede, but they must have permanent or temporary residence. All they have to prove is that they can support you by having accommodation and large enough salary. In some cases (exception), large sums of money in situations where their salary can not, or is not large enough to support another person. This is the case regardless of any income or asset you as the permit applicant have. SO best you transfer such assets to the principal. For more details visit the Swedish migration agency website.

2. If your current employer will not be able to offer you a salary above this threshold, you may be lucky to find another employer. This is where our Advisory network comes into play.

3. If you are already in Sweden, then you can enroll to any Institution of learning and use this option to obtain a permit to continue living in Sweden. A lot of people might have this as a last option to stay in Sweden. Mind you there are deadlines for applying.

*NOTE.
A lot of Staffing/recruitment agencies in Sweden can still help out by recommending or actually seconding job seekers to Companies who are willing to pay the salaries according to the new rules. However, i give kudos to the Swedish Migration Agency for prior notifications since early this year. What any smart person could have done before now was to get a commitment from their respective employers if they would pay according to the new rules, otherwise they could have resign and start their job search early enough. Positive, then you have no worries. Negative, then you could have before now start reaching out to contacts especially Calm Travels for connections to MDs, prospective job openings and people with capacity to employ. In Sweden, as well as most developed countries, they dont take people by surprise, hence they inform before hand. Most of the people we actually focused on were those who earlier enough signed up to our Migration Advisory service.

However, Maybe, just maybe we could still help. But this is no guarantee as most companies are already rounding up for the year. But what better option than starting early so that by January, when work resume, you should have a Decision ready for you!

What you should do?
Sign up for CALM TRAVELS MIGRATION ADVISORY NETWORK ~ you will receive a Case N0, then always watch your mail box. Send CV when you are asked to send. Do not tarry, or start asking all sorts questions. You can't bribe your way through. The process must be followed to the last requirement. This is Europe, not some African settings where having close relationships with someone can help you cross the bridge. However, first thing first, follow the damn rules, then something might happen to help you win. Everyone is treated equally and with dignity. When you receive a mail advising you to send your CV to a job opening, send the damn cv, dont go trying to get some concessions or reaching out to us for clarifications. We usually dont respond to such mails. We do not give employment. Exception exists when we need such manpower. For now, we do not.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 6:58am On Nov 08, 2023
Subscription to Calm Travels Migration Advisory Network.
Benefits of membership.
> Get latest news from Sweden as per what concerns you ~ migration news, policies and others.
> Get practical info and advice as per your situation.
> Members only newsletter with links to apply for job openings.
> 24/7 consultancy with our migration experts via zoom, WhatsApp or mail.

Choose the membership that suits you.
> Monthly plan: Kr 30. Pay Kr 30 for one month. Renew at Kr 15. Cancel any time.
> Three months plan: Kr 60. Pay Kr 60 for three months. Renew at Kr 45. Cancel any time.
> Six months plan: Kr 80. Pay Kr 80 for six months. Renew at Kr 70. Cancel any time.
> One year plan: Kr 100. Pay Kr 100 for one year. Renew at Kr 90. Cancel any time.

If you need more clarification about this fees or payment instruction, send us a mail.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 7:04am On Nov 08, 2023
Hahahahaa enjoy brother!

Spiceeey:

Thanks for the update and recommendation lol but I don’t old cargo though lol. I like some thick youngin
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Everly14: 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2023
CalmTravels:
What can i do, or how can i stay in Sweden if i no longer meet the work permit threshold?

The new salary threshold means that a lot of people in Sweden on work permit are no longer qualified under the new rules. What other permits are there for people who want to stay in the country?

1. You can get Residence permit to move with or stay with a family member. This could be a Swede or an immigrant. Not mandatory they have to be a Swede, but they must have permanent or temporary residence. All they have to prove is that they can support you by having accommodation and large enough salary. In some cases (exception), large sums of money in situations where their salary can not, or is not large enough to support another person. This is the case regardless of any income or asset you as the permit applicant have. SO best you transfer such assets to the principal. For more details visit the Swedish migration agency website.

2. If your current employer will not be able to offer you a salary above this threshold, you may be lucky to find another employer. This is where our Advisory network comes into play.

3. If you are already in Sweden, then you can enroll to any Institution of learning and use this option to obtain a permit to continue living in Sweden. A lot of people might have this as a last option to stay in Sweden. Mind you there are deadlines for applying.

*NOTE.
A lot of Staffing/recruitment agencies in Sweden can still help out by recommending or actually seconding job seekers to Companies who are willing to pay the salaries according to the new rules. However, i give kudos to the Swedish Migration Agency for prior notifications since early this year. What any smart person could have done before now was to get a commitment from their respective employers if they would pay according to the new rules, otherwise they could have resign and start their job search early enough. Positive, then you have no worries. Negative, then you could have before now start reaching out to contacts especially Calm Travels for connections to MDs, prospective job openings and people with capacity to employ. In Sweden, as well as most developed countries, they dont take people by surprise, hence they inform before hand. Most of the people we actually focused on were those who earlier enough signed up to our Migration Advisory service.

However, Maybe, just maybe we could still help. But this is no guarantee as most companies are already rounding up for the year. But what better option than starting early so that by January, when work resume, you should have a Decision ready for you!

What you should do?
Sign up for CALM TRAVELS MIGRATION ADVISORY NETWORK ~ you will receive a Case N0, then always watch your mail box. Send CV when you are asked to send. Do not tarry, or start asking all sorts questions. You can't bribe your way through. The process must be followed to the last requirement. This is Europe, not some African settings where having close relationships with someone can help you cross the bridge. However, first thing first, follow the damn rules, then something might happen to help you win. Everyone is treated equally and with dignity. When you receive a mail advising you to send your CV to a job opening, send the damn cv, dont go trying to get some concessions or reaching out to us for clarifications. We usually dont respond to such mails. We do not give employment. Exception exists when we need such manpower. For now, we do not.
Why did you warn against seeking asylum in Sweden? Kindly explain Sir.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 7:18am On Nov 09, 2023
Asylum is the wrongest way to live in Europe. The moment you start living on freebies, then you will become lazy and will not amount to any useful thing in the future. Those with asylum documentation never get job opportunities and even grants that occasionally fret to individuals.
European social system is built on a welfare-contributory structure aka tax. The moment you live there and do not pay tax, forget it. Just a matter of time before the system swallows you up!

Somalis, Kenyans, Ethiopians, Iraqis, etc are victims of asylum mistake.

Everly14:

Why did you warn against seeking asylum in Sweden? Kindly explain Sir.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 7:55am On Nov 09, 2023
One of the plenty reason why the Scandinavia is a really cool place to live!

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Everly14: 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2023
CalmTravels:
Asylum is the wrongest way to live in Europe. The moment you start living on freebies, then you will become lazy and will not amount to any useful thing in the future. Those with asylum documentation never get job opportunities and even grants that occasionally fret to individuals.
European social system is built on a welfare-contributory structure aka tax. The moment you live there and do not pay tax, forget it. Just a matter of time before the system swallows you up!

Somalis, Kenyans, Ethiopians, Iraqis, etc are victims of asylum mistake.

Your assertion seems inaccurate. I'm aware of Nigerian refugees granted asylum in Europe, leading productive lives, holding employment, and paying taxes. The system aims to aid individuals in rebuilding their lives and contributing to society once they stand on their feet. Let's refrain from distorting facts. Laziness is subjective and not necessarily linked to seeking asylum.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 8:24am On Nov 10, 2023
No worries bruh. Assert what you wish, the facts speaks for its self! 14,000 Nigerians set to be deported from Germany, even those with children, and who have mutilate their IDs.

That brings it on why Nigerian should seek asylum? Honestly there is no single reason. A Nigerian seeking asylum is one of the reason why the Whites believe Nigerian documentations might be fraudulent.

If you have one single reason why a Nigerian should be granted asylum, let me know.

Political persecution? Hahhahahahah. Currently, Nigeria, Ghana & South Africa has the best DEMOCRACY in Africa. Visit other African countries to seek how oppositions, critics are treated. See how President Tinubu is been dragged home and abroad. War?

Rather than asylum people should focus more on getting a job, schooling or starting a business to japa as these are the only route available for Nigerians.

Besides the few persons granted asylum in the West during the hey days of Boko Haram, i dont think there is any Nigerian currently offered asylum. And these re kids and their families!

Everly14:

Your assertion seems inaccurate. I'm aware of Nigerian refugees granted asylum in Europe, leading productive lives, holding employment, and paying taxes. The system aims to aid individuals in rebuilding their lives and contributing to society once they stand on their feet. Let's refrain from distorting facts. Laziness is subjective and not necessarily linked to seeking asylum.
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 8:27am On Nov 10, 2023
Lets hush this asylum talk so it doesn't jeopadise some people chances joor!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / 10 Best Countries To Immigrate By 2020 / Portugal Opens World's Longest Pedestrian Suspension Bridge On Mountains(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.