Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,983 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Things I Found Out About Sweden! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things I Found Out About Sweden! (85404 Views)

Ikenna Nweke: I Declined 10% Of Money I Found In Japan / My Experience When I Moved To Sweden! / Do You Know Anything About Sweden Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by pansophist(m): 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
CalmTravels:
With Resident Permit, hopping off to Copenhagen now & then is just a tiny issue.....
I cringe in amazement when people put Canada or rubbish UK as first choice. In my apartment, other EU citizens are rsuhing to the Scandinavia countries, even our fellow Africans in places like Italy, France, Belgium etc. Compared to Sweden or Norway or even Denmark, Only Germany make sense!

Nigerians just do not want to learn another language. Too stuck in their old ways. There is no Western English country that I like. Australia and New Zealand are too far, Ireland and the UK is an islands, and you can only enter by flying, instead of driving.

Malta is also an Island, while the US and Canada are so huge, that living there feels like living in a forest. I don't like their governmental system as well. As far as the West is concerned, I prefer the non-English speaking ones.

If you live in Germany for example, you share a border with about nine different countries, making holidays easy. You can just wake up at 2am and drive to Switzerland. Isn't that beautiful?

62 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2023
pansophist:

Nigerians just do not want to learn another language. Too stuck in their old ways. There is no Western English country that I like. Australia and New Zealand are too far, Ireland and the UK is an islands, and you can only enter by flying, instead of driving.

Malta is also an Island, while the US and Canada are so huge, that living there feels like living in a forest. I don't like their governmental system as well. As far as the West is concerned, I prefer the non-English speaking ones.

If you live in Germany for example, you share a border with about nine different countries, making holidays easy. You can just wake up at 2am and drive to Switzerland. Isn't that beautiful?

To be honest even learning a new language doesn't guarantee anything. People don go Goethe institute sotey they dey dream in German. Visa no still come cheesy grin. The only foreign language I can advise anyone to learn is Spanish. Citizenship in Spanish speaking countries is a bit easy and if you want to get eu citizenship. All ex colonies nationals only need to live two years in Spain to get EU citizenship. Mind you this can be gotten in 6 years depending on when you leave naija o. That 6 years na only PR In some countries that's if you get visa sef

11 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 1:35pm On Jul 19, 2023
If you spend a day here you will appreciate why Whites dont like blacks coming to their country! Many Nigerians still carry the mentality of making excessive money they dont actually need. If live in Schengen region, you will find out you don't really need a car, as there are efficient transport network

tensazangetsu20:

And funny enough some Nigerians were complaining the other day about how hard life is in Sweden. Fucking ungrateful lots

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Sweetvie: 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Yes. Nigeria is great to Nigerians
grin grin grin
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by BigDawsNet: 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2023
Gerrard59:

That should be mainly in tech. But why survive when you can thrive by learning the language? Una go enter country where English is not spoken begin dey ask if one can survive with only English or complain say they don't know how to speak English. Una no read the country before una apply to am? Shey if the person learns Swedish, he or she can integrate fully and enjoy his/her stay?

BTW, Swedish universities are way more expensive than British or Candian counterparts. Similar to US levels. Scholarships are extremely competitive, and student visas are hard to come by. No be 90K Nigerians wey apply for one kind scholarship the other month? grin

They are even mulling laws to curtail migration because of wetin Arabs don cause for Stockholm. They are learning from their Danish brothers.

😃Broda why u con dey vex.. I don't need to go to Sweden as I have been living in the U.S for over 4years now... I'm only asking OP the most common question prospective travellers been asking me... if I wanted to travel to sweden... I will definitely do that on visiting alone...

16 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Gerrard59(m): 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
BigDawsNet:

😃Broda why u con dey vex.. I don't need to go to Sweden as I have been living in the U.S for over 4years now... I'm only asking OP the most common question prospective travellers been asking me... if I wanted to travel to sweden... I will definitely do that on visiting alone...

Sorry. It just pisses me when I see people complain that citizens in non-English speaking countries don't speak English.

And yes, no point for an American to relocate to Sweden.

9 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by BigDawsNet: 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
Gerrard59:

Sorry. It just pisses me when I see people complain that citizens in non-English speaking countries don't speak English.

Some do relocate tho... for retirement purposes
They just want peaceful and silent country to rest...
Tho the weather doesn't make it perfect destination so people are looking at Portugal right now

7 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
Getting Swedish gals is bit difficult, but gals from other EU/Schengen are easy pick off. But for them to trust you, you gat to move yoiur ass here first!

I have these German gal and a Swiss guy wanting to be my friend. Me na business carry me come here. Them na vacation carry them come here. Imagine they are asking me to hike mountains with them...lol I just told the gal i will try next week... Not interested in a white girl. They can go from 100 - 0 mode in a flash!

Astra101:
How is night life there I mean clubbing and socializing with people. Are they racist?

Can one get a nice girlfriend easily?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2023
By on million times, Sweden is better.... Nigerians are moving from places like France, Italy, Belgium down to here. I met two yesterday. However, its jobs like sales manager, hostel manager etc that they could get. Once you have a place to lay your head, you can get jobs like i mentioned above. 98% Swedes speak English

BigDawsNet:

Very nice

Can you survive and get job if you only speak English?
I hope people who feel UK and Canada is too expensive for studies can actually focus on sweden

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:45pm On Jul 19, 2023
For me, Swedish visa is very easy to get as i apply through Rwanda. I got it in 5 days! Like i said before, they are tightening the route through education because most people from 3rd country, come school & dont like to go back to their country. They need businesses who can at least employ them.....

That is why they easily give visas to entrepreneurs than to students

tensazangetsu20:

Sweden is actually more expensive than the UK is study in and the visa is very difficult to get.

5 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2023
Racism is almost non existent here. I tell you most other EU people are flocking here. Black citizens of France, Belgium etc. For studies i don't know as i didnt come through that route. I came as a Business man, and while here i discovered a loop which our brothers have not discovered, else they for don cast am...... If you are into Tech.... it will be easy for you, including Switzerland too!

mrcrabs:
How is it for students who want to come over for studies, is it a good place to start life after studies , is the language barrier an issue and what about racism.

I really would appreciate your reply.

Thank you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2023
This is what you have to deal with...
A call plan of 95SEK (roughly $10) for unlimited phone calls per month. I use Comviq.
A transport bill of 360SEK per month for unlimited use of the Metro train/bus (T-Centralaen).
A one br apartment cost 4000-8000 SEK per month. Inclusive of utilities. To get the equivalent in dollars always divide by 10.
Food depends on your preference. Roughly 1000SEK will do.

Then you enjoy the serenity of Scandinavia.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2023
Speak of where you have been to or live.
Let me share my experience with you.... Sweden is almost 99.9% cashless society. When i first came here, i didnt come with an ATM Card. No way for me to make payment. But i have USD bills in hundreds. But no SEK. i didnt get means of paying for my apartment, they dont like cash. I went to the metro to use the speed train to go back to the airport where i changed money earlier. But train ticket will soon expire. After discussing with the guy on e-gate, he told me how a tourist had the same issue, and guess what, he simply went inside and brought out his food pack for that night and gave me. He brought out some SEK to add, my dear i told i
him i am not a beggar that i need him to open the gate while i go back to my apartment... He quickly without hesitating book a 39SEK ticket that will take me home. My experience though!

Word of advise: Dont come in as an illegal

9japride:
[/color][color=#006600]

Don't let beautiful pictures and stories fool you. Sweden is not that nice to foreigners.

12 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by mrcrabs(m): 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
Gerrard59:

Anytime I read the bold from Africans, esp Nigerians, I shake my head. People who trade in tribalism used it to flog other people who went to vote, exterminate communities because the indigenes are of a different ethnic group, and many more are suddenly worried about racism. Racism is way worse than tribalism because you both are of the same race aka share the same skin colour. The annoying thing about the tribalism is the privation bedevilling both people. People wey poverty don nack their head pass talking drum dey carry tribalism for head like gala. A South Korean and Japanese might have issues because of their histories, but both persons are citizens of rich countries. Somewhere in Africa, two people go get problem even if their ethnic groups never had one historically, but these people are both poor. Most of them inhale generator fumes for a living. Others don turn camel because of fuel at N700. Tomorrow, they want to japa and are bothered about racism.

Nansense!

As always, better to reside with racists in a prosperous land than live with tribalists in the world's poverty capital. If you must discriminate against others, ensure you're prosperous at global levels.

Okay

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
I agree with you on the weather.Winter is harsh & al ost pitch dark

BigDawsNet:

Some do relocate tho... for retirement purposes
They just want peaceful and silent country to rest...
Tho the weather doesn't make it perfect destination so people are looking at Portugal right now

7 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
Unlike most other EU countries 98% Swedes speak English as a second language

Gerrard59:

3 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
In Europe, if its not Germany, Scandinavia or Switzerland, forget it! The others are in pitiable condition especially UK

pansophist:

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nigerians have never been nice to Nigerians, yet he wants total strangers to be nice...lol. A white man no matter how racist he is, will still treat you like a human. Ask any one in Europe

tensazangetsu20:

Yes. Nigeria is great to Nigerians

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:25pm On Jul 19, 2023
Lol ..................................... Do you know, their police don't even carry guns? Other countries may complain of racism but hearing a Nigerian talk of racism is funny!

Gerrard59:

Well, no Swede has entered a Norwegian village to slaughter more than 500 farmers. Yen yen yen, they are not nice to foreigners. Una dey nice to una selves? undecided

8 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by IVORY2009(m): 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2023
CalmTravels:
The best way to get visas to Sweden and much of Schengen is no longer through Schooling, Covid-19 disrupted their economies hard. Its now through business, especially tech business! They will approve your visas sharp sharp.

They even have flexible working permits so entrepreneurs can come provide jobs for lots of people who came from a 3rd country, have work permits but no jobs. So in other words they are giving you papers so you can employ asylum seekers, graduates from universities who are mostly Africans or Indians. I know an east African Masters holder, doing a cleaning job. I shudder in horror. Well, that's what the city can provide though.

To survive and live like a king in Sweden, just have excellent IT Skills, have a remote job that pays you good. My dear, you will understand that Life is extremely good!

I have been there and I have friends there, the chances of finding job outside the IT industry is slim

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2023
Here if you want to burn their holy book, its allowed. They call it freedom of choice. If it is not ok for you, go back to where it is ok for you. They are Swedes, and doesnt want to be something else. They are seeing what France has turned into.

Gerrard59:

That should be mainly in tech. But why survive when you can thrive by learning the language? Una go enter country where English is not spoken begin dey ask if one can survive with only English or complain say they don't know how to speak English. Una no read the country before una apply to am? Shey if the person learns Swedish, he or she can integrate fully and enjoy his/her stay?

BTW, Swedish universities are way more expensive than British or Candian counterparts. Similar to US levels. Scholarships are extremely competitive, and student visas are hard to come by. No be 90K Nigerians wey apply for one kind scholarship the other month? grin

They are even mulling laws to curtail migration because of wetin Arabs don cause for Stockholm. They are learning from their Danish brothers.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
Jobs are hard everywhere...... IT sector is the helping grace of lots of people now. Is it easy to get a job in Canada? No. What about UK? The only exception is USA or Germany

IVORY2009:

I have been there and I have friends there, the chances of finding job outside the IT industry is slim

4 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by IVORY2009(m): 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2023
CalmTravels:
Jobs are hard everywhere...... IT sector is the helping grace of lots of people now. Is it easy to get a job in Canada? No. What about UK? The only exception is USA or Germany

Even Germany is not easy at the moment, the refugees crisis and asylum seekers have spoilt the country, getting a job after graduation in Germany can be very hard now, even if you understand the German language.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by TheSuperX(m): 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nice one
Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by worried222: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
CalmTravels:
Racism is almost non existent here. I tell you most other EU people are flocking here. Black citizens of France, Belgium etc. For studies i don't know as i didnt come through that route. I came as a Business man, and while here i discovered a loop which our brothers have not discovered, else they for don cast am...... If you are into Tech.... it will be easy for you, including Switzerland too!

Greetings Sir,
I’m into tech and ready to migrate to Sweden legally.
Can I send you a mail?

3 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by Purvan(m): 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2023
Except you're a famous or renowned personnel in your field

Sweden visa day hard to get just like Norway and Denmark

For me once I get money na either Mexico, Lithuania or Latvia I day go laikdis

8 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by jamesversion: 5:43pm On Jul 19, 2023
@CalmTravels, how about the language.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by wiseone28: 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2023
When will i experience this 🥴

3 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
If you dont know your way around you will be spending like a crazy monster...

This is pure wheat bread. I bought it at Coop S/per market for 65SEK approximately $6.5. If you take just 6 slice your belly don full. This two load would serve me for one week. One part of my three square meal is served, though with fish/chicken and petty other stuff. But another person would decide to buy the one 200SEK....

11 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2023
98% of Swedes speak fluent English.....apart of the numbering or street names, its easy coping with the language

jamesversion:
@CalmTravels, how about the language.

1 Like

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
True. Sweden has one of the highest visa refusal in Europe. But sha if you know the loop holes, it is very easy!

Purvan:
Except you're a famous or renowned personnel in your field

Sweden visa day hard to get just like Norway and Denmark

For me once I get money na either Mexico, Lithuania or Latvia I day go laikdis

6 Likes

Re: Things I Found Out About Sweden! by CalmTravels: 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2023
Most other European countries are flocking to the Scandinavia. Germany is over stressed. Might go burst like UK if care is not taken

IVORY2009:

Even Germany is not easy at the moment, the refugees crisis and asylum seekers have spoilt the country, getting a job after graduation in Germany can be very hard now, even if you understand the German language.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This / The Amount Of Sand Removed From Gutter In Akwa Ibom / Pictures From Owerri Bicycle Street Ride (photo)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.