Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Neocolonialism: A Tale Of Consensual Slavery - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Neocolonialism: A Tale Of Consensual Slavery (110 Views)

Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now / Federal University Lokoja: A Tale Of Two Vice Chancellors (Photos) / '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Neocolonialism: A Tale Of Consensual Slavery by Arowojobe86(m): 10:19am On Jul 19, 2023
Neocolonialism: A tale of consensual slavery

-Bashir Arowojobe

“The whole object of the British occupation has been the protection of the people from themselves." - J. D. Falconer (Author, _On Horseback through Nigeria_)

-If I make grammatical blunders in English language and you look down on me as an illiterate, ill-bred, nonentity, small fry and a no-hope, it is a confirmation that you are suffering from ‘colonial orgasm'

If I may ask, when did a secondary language become a proof and determinant of intelligence, strength of character and credibility of decency?

-In your children's school, cultural day is celebrated once in a year, where they will be given opportunity to dress like your ancestors. However, they wear _oyinbo_ pattern of uniform throughout the year and you said you are curious at how this generation idolize the white and wish they come back to recolonize us.

- Don’t you know that every time you ignore the gift of nature and embrace another inferior fabric that in itself is artificial and cannot define your originality, authenticity, and competencies, you will become small and irrelevant.

-If their scientists propound a theory, you take it hook, line and sinker as if it was a direct revelation from God. Are you aware that there are scientific and educational conspiracies too?

- If I speak Yoruba language like pigin English and speak English language like the king of England, you will clap for me and place me high in your estimation. Can inferiority complex be defined better than that scenario

-Someone proposed the standardization of Nigerian-English, you frowned at him as if he’s crazy; is English language a heavenly language?

-If Oyinbo man, manage to speak your language _trashly,_ you feel elated and joyous as if you see God.

“ Nigerian fondness for the country that colonised them is almost bizarre, given the extreme cruelty and violence the Britain used in furtherance of its colonial project. Rather than suffering from Stockholm syndrome, Nigeria is a classic case of a country suffering from a bout of winners' syndrome. -Max Siollun (Author, _What Britain did to Nigeria_)

Decolonizing the mind, begins with you… Bye 👋🏾

Bashir writes in through; bashirarowojobe@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Smallest Things In The World - Video / Federal Polytechnic OKO, Anambra State. / A Must Read!!! How To Increase Your Sales With Email

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.