Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu (19485 Views)

The House Of Representatives Is Broke - Benjamin Kalu / Yul Edochie: 'I Thought Our Problem Was Our Leaders Till I Joined Politics' / Meet Benjamin Kalu, Spokesman Of House Of Representatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by discusant: 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
lawani:

Not only Southerners. Niger Hausas are better off than Nigerian Hausa. The minimum wage is more than double and they have a working refinery. That country is like Europe. What then are Northerners gaining? UN should take the oil while everybody agree you can't tariff goods meant for other nations, then break the country for everybody to breathe

Break up Nigeria?
An average Yoruba MURIC person will call you Biafrauud for that suggestion to break up Nigeria. He is dreaming like Arewa Muslims for an Islamic Republic of Nigeria with the Easterns to be governed with Sharia criminal laws. Not that he does not understand that Nigeria is supposed to be divided into more manageable countries. Country of multi religious and multi ethnic groups never thrives unless the religion and culture of one group reign over others.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by aswani(m): 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
lawani:

Of course he is not a real King just leader of Yorubas on Anambra land. What other word can be used?.

There are lots of other words he can use that are not as disrespectful and provocative to the hosts as Ọba. Even Olórí ẹbi would be much better albeit as wrongly descriptive a title as Ọba but at least not insulting to the hosts.

Anyway, I am sure a Yoruba person or even Non-Yoruba person more conversant than me in the language will turn up soon with better suggestions.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Evercurious(f): 4:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
This asslicker
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Babastrong(m): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2023
[quote author=successmatters post=124529258]Our problem are the few miscreants among them like those three above grin

I am aware that all my yoruba friends called out evil, they all joined and voted for the best candidate, Peter Obi [this/boy/is/one/of/the/igbo/problems.
anybody/who/voted/against/Obi/is/your/enemy?]
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Emekaonline: 5:14pm On Jul 20, 2023
successmatters:

Sorry sir, you are missing the point, no Igbo person will defend Orji Kalu, okorocha or Chimaroke, we know our thieves. Our annoyance is that you don't know yours, history of the past 8 years has proven that you people support evil as long as he's your brother. We still respect Osinbajo, adesina and other honest yoruba people.

We will always hate corrupt people who have impoverished your people to come and impoverish the whole country too. This transcends politics, this is the work of God we are doing, to save the earth from wicked people.

Is that why Igbos preferred to vote for Shagari instead of Awolowo because we dont know Awolowo but you knew Shagari and Ekwueme? And is that why no single Yoruba loved by his people are hated by Igbos, Awolowo, Abiola, Olu Falae? And why is OBJ better to be voted for than Olu Falae. You guys are too proud and selfish. You think you know our people than us? The same way you could not vote for Okorocha, Orji Kalu etc is the same reason we hated OBJ and others that you love in our land. It is very ironic, that Igbos want to tell us who is good among us but we cannot do the same for them. We never wanted OBJ but you loved him. Many of us like the likes of Joe Igbokwe but you hate him. Igbos have now right to decide who is good among us the same way we cannot force their own people on them. The earlier you guys get that the better for you
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by MomohMrMoore: 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2023
Igbos earn all their livings outside igbo states.. they earn livings in Lagos, Kono, Kaduna etc. How can others be their problem?
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Harlekarmar: 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2023
successmatters:

Sorry sir, you are missing the point, no Igbo person will defend Orji Kalu, okorocha or Chimaroke, we know our thieves. Our annoyance is that you don't know yours, history of the past 8 years has proven that you people support evil as long as he's your brother. We still respect Osinbajo, adesina and other honest yoruba people.

We will always hate corrupt people who have impoverished your people to come and impoverish the whole country too. This transcends politics, this is the work of God we are doing, to save the earth from wicked people.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Harlekarmar: 6:17pm On Jul 20, 2023
U are wrong. Ur Peter Obi that u suddenly turned to Saint Obi, d Sum of 290m cash was found on him as far back as 2009. When Tinubu ruled Lagos, Lagos allocation was withheld by obj but d man managed to rule Lagos State. D problem of u people is that u don’t like to see a better person. I know if Tinubu is an Igbo man, I know d narrative would have changed to we are d one controlling d politics of Lagos. My point is u people should know how to celebrate an achiever so that u too can be celebrated. No African politician has 100% record of holiness
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by lawani: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2023
MomohMrMoore:
Igbos earn all their livings outside igbo states.. they earn livings in Lagos, Kono, Kaduna etc. How can others be their problem?

There are over 30 million people living in the SE alone apart from other Igbo lands out of 200 million Nigerians and as Igbos have income in other places, Hausas and Yorubas are also the same in their millions because they monopolize the industries they specialize in and have to spread across the country to access the market. Igbos are not alone in making money everywhere. They are just majority in some trades.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by lawani: 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
Harlekarmar:
U are wrong. Ur Peter Obi that u suddenly turned to Saint Obi, d Sum of 290m cash was found on him as far back as 2009. When Tinubu ruled Lagos, Lagos allocation was withheld by obj but d man managed to rule Lagos State. D problem of u people is that u don’t like to see a better person. I know if Tinubu is an Igbo man, I know d narrative would have changed to we are d one controlling d politics of Lagos. My point is u people should know how to celebrate an achiever so that u too can be celebrated. No African politician has 100% record of holiness

I don't agree about African politicians. There are politicians in this country with clean records that you can't point to a single error not even corruption that they committed. No moral bankruptcy. Tafa Balewa, Awolowo, Akintola, Aminu Kano, Shagari, Ekwueme to mention only a few well known names. Don't spoil Africans as if they are a morally deficient species of human beings. That would be wrong.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by bluesugar18: 6:36pm On Jul 20, 2023
oilyngbati:
So it’s no longer ‘Fulani is our problem’ because Buhari has left office, now it is ‘Yoruba is our problem or not our problem’ because Tinubu is the president.

May the devil have mercy on the Igbos, because it seems all they see are problems.

The Igbos are responsible for the civil war in Nigeria, but they blame others for it.

Werey na Northerns start am, shey if they kill ur people and the leader join support u no go vex.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by tiger28: 6:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
u accuse someone of a doing bad in the USA n they have come out a couple times to dispute it that they don’t have any case with him

Please what else do u igbos want?

Let me tell u a story that happened in jo’burg in 2018 that led to what u igbos called xenophobia but I call “putting criminals in their place”

An Igbo guy was stranded on d street of South Africa n he was homeless, a South African man decided to accommodate him till he gets a job n he can stand on his own, so pending the time he get a job they let him do some errand jobs for them n take their kids to school.

Unknowing to them that d Igbo guy has a plan, he started igbos main business (drugs) n he was hiding it in d kids school bag to evade arrest cos nobody will believe drugs can b in a kids school bag n nobody dey search kids

On day he forgot to take d drugs n the kids got to school n him n his friends started playing with it thinking it was ordinary powder, before u know it 2 of those boys are already unconscious n when it was discovered it was d Igbo guy that did it, they called d police n this guy had d guy to run before d arrival of d police, they chased him to a market (Igbo dominated market) n his fellow igbos decided they won’t release him

Police tried everything to get him but his crime supporting kinsmen were shielding him, one of the kids died in d process n South Africans burnt down the whole market n destroyed everything to full ground

These igbos are d same people calling tinubu drug lords now
Pls don't waste your time with these fools.

They are mostly illiterates......and they can't change.

Can you just IMAGINE that these fools BELIEVED that Buhari was actually Jubrin from Sudan?

That is WHEN you realized that these ppl are IRREDEEMABLE!

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by tiger28: 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
I saw that shit live n direct in South Africa n throughout my stay I avoided anything that will join me with igbos cos they don’t care n they don’t send u

If an Igbo man kills someone his fellow igbos won’t say anything or do anything about it, if I start telling u shits that happened we no go leave here today

Just try avoid them cos they will do u bad n people who should correct them will support them

Imagine oby a former minister of education doesn’t care if mmesoma was wrong but quickly started playing victim, if someone of that exposure n caliber could do that

Imagine how low d uninformed in d street would think, as for me I don’t see anything xenophobic about South Africa but I see it as “putting overzealous strangers in their place”
Glad that you mentioned this.

I just moved from New York to Atlanta so I decided to check out this Nigerian restaurant. Soon I started seeing men coming in to the restaurant with these "loud" colored dressings( yes they like to wear attention-seeking clothes like Bush men),bragging and making noise.

Soon as I heard them speaking igbo, no one told me to quickly finish my meal and RUN.

If you are in Diaspora, RUN from these People.....They can NEVER be clean, even their so called educated Professionals!

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by 9gerian: 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2023
At least Lagos is not igboland and may be excused especially since the attacks were not widespread, continuous or left unchecked.

In contrast, can you explain the bigger, continuous and carnage-degree of attacks by igbos on fellow Igbos and others in igbo land, and the ridiculous scenario where more Igbos continue to show more concern about Lagos where they enjoy far more safety than Igboland where their safety is almost completely eroded?

That is what the deputy speaker Benjamin Kalu is trying to make you igbos see. But I guess that must be difficult because igbos can’t claim to be victims of fellow igbos as it doesn’t fit the victim or marginalization mentality/narratives unlike when they dwell on Lagos where the so called xenophobia is more political, micro and mostly restricted in its entirety.

That is why most Igbo leaders are being called out repeatedly (including Obi) for jumping on narratives that portray victimization of igbos by others (even where insignificant) than dwell on bigger carnages or grave injustices being perpetrated by some igbos against entire Igbo race right in igboland. That there is the height of hypocrisy!

Counter this with facts, if any.

DeadCountry:
Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Benjamin Kalu

Just look at the name and job of the fool talking. How will this fool ever talk about the yoruba xenophobe against Igbos in lagos, or believe in Biafra since he is getting peanut from his masters?
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Beolly(m): 10:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
successmatters:

Sorry sir, you are missing the point, no Igbo person will defend [/b]Orji Kalu, okorocha or Chimaroke[b], we know our thieves. Our annoyance is that you don't know yours, history of the past 8 years has proven that you people support evil as long as he's your brother. We still respect Osinbajo, adesina and other honest yoruba people.

Very smart of you, we know you all too well. You called out politicians who opposed obi, most especially APC politicians. The gburugburu, T.A Orji and Ikpeazu of this world will never get a mention from you guys because they are members of your beloved PDP. Bunch of hypocrites. Chimaroke was governor for eight years and senator for eight years under PDP non of you came out to castigate him rather you were rewarding him politically the moment he opposed obi he became a bad person.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by XAUBulls: 11:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
richie240:

Igbos don't release their own for punishment/retribution, no matter d crime! It's their "Onye ahala nwanne ya" culture.

If u've noticed, whenever one of theirs is caught RED-HANDED for a crime, they all rush in to support/defend him/make excuses for him.

They'll tell u "blood is thicker than water''.
cool
SMH.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Nobody: 3:23am On Jul 21, 2023
B-b-b-but flattheads here say there's no insecurity in the SE? That it's just propaganda from Lagos/Ibadan ewedu press.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Nobody: 3:26am On Jul 21, 2023
successmatters:

.The most growing region of Nigeria was never sick, the propaganda you guys are spewing again it has no single effects.

May God heal all of you and make your regions as blessed as Igboland.

Ameeen

The most growing region? Bwahahahaha!!! Could you pls give me another joke from your repertoire? Even if it's "CR7 was the best player in the 2022 world cup".
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Nobody: 4:28am On Jul 21, 2023
I agree with Benjamin Kalu.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Godfullsam(m): 5:58am On Jul 21, 2023
discusant:

When were you born?
The overhead bridges or flyovers in Lagos, enlargement of Ikorodu Road and other major urban roads of Lagos, most of the landmarks, including FESTAC building, Muritalla Mohammed International Airport, etc etc landmarks in Lagos were built with proceeds from crude oil.

Stop all these nonsense talk na. Aren't you ashame?

Is it only lagos that was built with proceeds from crude oil?

Your state and other states in your region was built with the proceeds of what?
Is you state not receiving monthly allocation from the federal government?

Why are you sounding like it is only lagos that is receiving all the money made from crude oil sale?

Go and hold your wicked governor responsible for your predicament and leave other states alone pls.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by oyatz(m): 6:15am On Jul 21, 2023
successmatters:

That we are calling out thieves doesn't mean we suffer the consequences alone. How much are you paying for fuel or dollar?

In the end you will suffer buharri and drug baron economic turmoil and still return here to blame igbos for your miseries in life.

I am praying for your mental health bayi

Most young Igbos on Social Media like blaming the Hausa-Fulanis and later the Yorubas for all the problems of Nigeria, curiously they also like to absolve Igbos of any problems in Nigeria and project the Igbos as Victims of other Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by oyatz(m): 6:18am On Jul 21, 2023
successmatters:

Wait, wait, wait, do you think I will be crying for you if druggie is SW president? grin Capital No, wetin concern me kwanu?

Our complaint is because he is aspiring to stain my reputation with his criminal past.

Do you now get it?

Should I break it down for you some more? grin

The topic is really about Tinubu but the Igbos have been whipping up sentiments against the Yorubas since the beginning of this year and the tempo has triple since May-29,2023.

Any fair minded and objective analyst that is conversant with the Nigerian cyber space will notice this trend.

The naked truth is that the Igbos can NOT win in this game by antagonizing the Hausa-Fulanis and the Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by oyatz(m): 6:22am On Jul 21, 2023
successmatters:

He's the reason, as far back as 1970s and 80s, one man has invented drug trade, participated in it and even used the proceeds inside naija politics. He is what we call a pioneer criminal who corrupted the minds of all others.

Now, to make the same man your president is just preposterous. You should be ashamed of yourself for supporting and defending your brother but accusing other Nigerians of same crime.

Shame unto you.

The US has declared that Tinubu didn't break their laws on drugs but one Emeka from Ekwulobia whose brothers are serving Jail terms in Asia and some of his cousins beheaded for drug crimes in Singapore is insisting on Social Media that Tinubu broke US laws on drugs.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by Asswipemod: 6:30am On Jul 21, 2023
successmatters:

.The most growing region of Nigeria was never sick, the propaganda you guys are spewing again it has no single effects.

May God heal all of you and make your regions as blessed as Igboland.

Ameeen

Why do you like lies and self aggrandizement? What propaganda? What most growing region. The Fulanis have taken everything and you're here blabbing.
Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by oyatz(m): 6:31am On Jul 21, 2023
franchasofficia:
Majority of Yorubas are good; they have good conscience, but a minority of Yorubas who happens to come from the Yoruba Muslims have a natural hatred for Igbos just because Igbos refused to accept Islam as a religion, so they have been working tirelessly with Hausa-Fulani Muslim Jihadists to make sure Southeast burns to ashes, and to ensure Igbos are completely sidelined in national politics.

What they don't know is that Igbos are bigger than their adversaries and are ready to face their enemies squarely without pretense till we destroy them completely and force whoever is left amongst them to seek for peace.

Unfortunately, the voice of the few wicked Yoruba Muslims who hate Igbos seems to be the loudest amongst Yorubas, thereby making it look like all Yorubas are against Igbos whereas it is just some few inconsequential Yoruba Muslims working together with Hausa-Fulani power brokers to cause Igbos harm in Nigeria, they must fail, nothing last forever, nothing

See Victim Mentality at play.

Most Igbos supported their son, Peter Obi but he came third in the election.

Yorubas voted APC, PDP and LP but the same Igbos are now blaming the Yoruba Muslims for ' sidelining the Igbos in National Politics '

Everyone voted for their choices but your inherent Victim Mentality still made you to be accusing others of the consequences of your actions.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by oyatz(m): 6:36am On Jul 21, 2023
franchasofficia:
This was in the past, maybe before 2015.

Since the day Goodluck Jonathan became Nigeria's President, Yoruba Muslims became so vicious and envious of Igbos and started working tirelessly with Hausa-Fulani Jihadists to destabilize Southeast region and to also sideline Igbos completely from national politics.

My promise to those Yorubas is that they will fail, nature will fight back. If you are hating and fighting someone that did you no wrong, you may win the war at the start, but at the long run, nature will fight back and you will lose more than the things you once gained through the unjust wars, this is what will happen to Yorubas if they do not exercise caution in their hatred and unjust attacks against Igbos.

If we are to judge honestly the case of the 2023 Presidential election that made more unreasonable Yorubas to increase their hatred for Igbos, you would see that Yorubas are completely wrong.

Olusegun Obasanjo is a Yoruba man, he ruled Nigeria from 1999 to 2007.

Osinbajo is a Yoruba man, he was the Vice President from 2015 to 2023.

Igbos last ruled Nigeria in 1966 under Military regime. Yorubas last ruled Nigeria in 1976 under military regime and also produced Ernest Shonekan as interim President for some months in the 1990s.

If we are to be fair and just, are Yorubas supposed to even contest for 2023 Presidential election with Igbos who among the 3 Southern regions haven't produced President since 1966 after producing President in 1999 and VP in 2023?

Yorubas may think they are smart, that they know how to build dirty political bridge with Northern power brokers, you can never be smarter than God and nature, wait and see.

You can NOT abrogate the rights of the Yorubas as citizens of Nigeria.

Over 15 candidates from different parts of contested the Presidential election. Your favorite Igbo candidate contested too but was defeated, how is that the blamed of the Yorubas?

You think if Tinubu had not contested, Peter Obi would have defeated Atiku?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Not Our Problem - Benjamin Kalu by drmuri(m): 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2023
franchasofficia:
Majority of Yorubas are good; they have good conscience, but a minority of Yorubas who happens to come from the Yoruba Muslims have a natural hatred for Igbos just because Igbos refused to accept Islam as a religion, so they have been working tirelessly with Hausa-Fulani Muslim Jihadists to make sure Southeast burns to ashes, and to ensure Igbos are completely sidelined in national politics.

What they don't know is that Igbos are bigger than their adversaries and are ready to face their enemies squarely without pretense till we destroy them completely and force whoever is left amongst them to seek for peace.

Unfortunately, the voice of the few wicked Yoruba Muslims who hate Igbos seems to be the loudest amongst Yorubas, thereby making it look like all Yorubas are against Igbos whereas it is just some few inconsequential Yoruba Muslims working together with Hausa-Fulani power brokers to cause Igbos harm in Nigeria, they must fail, nothing last forever, nothing
And this mumu will think he has common sense so!?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari And Akwa Ibom State APC Leaders Meet In Abuja(photos) / I'll Probe Amaechi, Says Wike / Makarfi And Ali Modu Sheriff Meet In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.