Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. (13661 Views)

Justice Ugo Has Not Resigned – Appeal Court / Update: Justice Ugo Yet To Resign Despite Pressure / Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by Baronthecelebri: 9:08am On Jul 20, 2023
Very good
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by Cleo18: 9:20am On Jul 20, 2023
00FFT00:

Dude, do not ridicule yourself publicly in an attempt to come off as intelligent. How about providing evidence to show that the information provided is incorrect?.

Look, it does not always have to be contentious if Tinubu's name is mentioned. A man resigned and gave his reasons. He is entitled to that feeling and opinion. Period.

You are an OLODO.
The burden of proof rests on the claimant.
You can not disprove what hasn't been proven.

Now let me teach you because it's obvious you didn't acquire a good education.

The burden of proof is always on the person making an assertion or proposition. Shifting the burden of proof, a special case of argumentum ad ignorantium, is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion being made. The source of the fallacy is the assumption that something is true unless proven otherwise.

The person making a negative claim cannot logically prove nonexistence. And here's why: to know that a X does not exist would require a perfect knowledge of all things (omniscience). To attain this knowledge would require simultaneous access to all parts of the world and beyond (omnipresence). Therefore, to be certain of the claim that X does not exist one would have to possess abilities that are non-existent. Obviously, mankind's limited nature precludes these special abilities. The claim that X does not exist is therefore unjustifiable. As logician Mortimer Adler has pointed out, the attempt to prove a universal negative is a self- defeating proposition. These claims are "worldwide existential negatives." They are only a small class of all possible negatives. They cannot be established by direct observation because no single human observer can cover the whole earth at one time in order to declare by personal authority that any “X” doesn't exist.

From X, which is the assertion, is not yet disproved. Therefore, X.

This is a Fallacy. If X is unproven, then it is unproven and remains unproven until reason and evidence is provided or secured to establish the proof or high probability of the claim being true..

You are daft and I teach dullards because I hate stupidity.
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by losky83: 9:35am On Jul 20, 2023
a4cube:

Justice Boloukuoromo Moses Ugo- The Bayelsa-State-born justice is from Kolokuma/Opokuma local.

Bayelsa state is now Biafra? Interesting.
MY BROTHER DO NOT MIND THOSE BRAINLESS FOOLS WHO SEE WHITE AND CALL IT DEEP BLUE.
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by RPG2020(m): 9:51am On Jul 20, 2023
talented321:
Their crying will not change anything' who want resign should resign let them replace him asap, no time to waste time.

Just listen to yourself this boy are you sure you are okay because i don't understand a grown up boy talking with his lips 👄
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by Diego35M: 9:54am On Jul 20, 2023
[quote author=00FFT00 post=124532650]Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands to 'Kneecap' Democracy, Says 'Siding with Tinubu' Would Mean 'The Death of Nigeria's Democracy

In a shocking and unprecedented move, Nigerian Justice Boloukuoromo M. Ugo has resigned from the bench, citing demands from the executive branch that he believes would destroy the country's democracy.

In a statement, Justice Ugo said that siding with the government on this matter would be the 'death of Nigeria's democracy', and that he could not in good conscience remain silent. His resignation has sent shockwaves through the country and raised serious questions about the state of Nigeria's democratic institutions.

According to Justice Ugo's statement, he was asked to 'cripple the independence of the judiciary' by ruling in favor of a certain political candidate, whom he did not name but is widely believed to be Bola Tinubu.

Besides this, he was said to have been asked to su
Hmmmm
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by talented321: 9:54am On Jul 20, 2023
Lol[quote author=RPG2020 post=124537368]

Just listen to yourself this boy are you sure you are okay because i don't understand a grown up boy talking with his lips
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by 00FFT00(m): 9:57am On Jul 20, 2023
Cleo18:

You are an OLODO.
The burden of proof rests on the claimant.
You can not disprove what hasn't been proven.

Now let me teach you because it's obvious you didn't acquire a good education.

The burden of proof is always on the person making an assertion or proposition. Shifting the burden of proof, a special case of argumentum ad ignorantium, is the fallacy of putting the burden of proof on the person who denies or questions the assertion being made. The source of the fallacy is the assumption that something is true unless proven otherwise.

The person making a negative claim cannot logically prove nonexistence. And here's why: to know that a X does not exist would require a perfect knowledge of all things (omniscience). To attain this knowledge would require simultaneous access to all parts of the world and beyond (omnipresence). Therefore, to be certain of the claim that X does not exist one would have to possess abilities that are non-existent. Obviously, mankind's limited nature precludes these special abilities. The claim that X does not exist is therefore unjustifiable. As logician Mortimer Adler has pointed out, the attempt to prove a universal negative is a self- defeating proposition. These claims are "worldwide existential negatives." They are only a small class of all possible negatives. They cannot be established by direct observation because no single human observer can cover the whole earth at one time in order to declare by personal authority that any “X” doesn't exist.

From X, which is the assertion, is not yet disproved. Therefore, X.

This is a Fallacy. If X is unproven, then it is unproven and remains unproven until reason and evidence is provided or secured to establish the proof or high probability of the claim being true..

You are daft and I teach dullards because I hate stupidity.

Your phoolish father is an Olodo. Nothing else explains the existence of another phool that you are when you should have ended up on a tissue paper.
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by famology(m): 10:05am On Jul 20, 2023
00FFT00:

Your phoolish father is an Olodo. Nothing else explains the existence of another phool that you are when you should have ended up on a tissue paper.

The thing pain u abi? Lol.......try to dey read ok
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by ClearFlair: 10:53am On Jul 20, 2023
Nigeria get serious issues
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by gift2xl: 11:06am On Jul 20, 2023
Post with source op.
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by GostCorp: 11:09am On Jul 20, 2023
As much as we want the rule of law to have its cause, i'd prefer that we always confirm the source of information very well before spreading irrespective of who it is for or against. I have had to check a number of sites to be sure of this but they all show that this information is not accurate.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/presidential-tribunal-ignore-fake-news-on-justice-ugos-resignation-appeal-court/

https://thewhistler.ng/just-in-appeal-court-says-alleged-resignation-of-presidential-tribunal-judge-fake-news/

We all want the committee to do the right thing, let's also do the right thing on our path.

I come in peace.
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by GostCorp: 11:12am On Jul 20, 2023
00FFT00:
Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands to 'Kneecap' Democracy, Says 'Siding with Tinubu' Would Mean 'The Death of Nigeria's Democracy

In a shocking and unprecedented move, Nigerian Justice Boloukuoromo M. Ugo has resigned from the bench, citing demands from the executive branch that he believes would destroy the country's democracy.

In a statement, Justice Ugo said that siding with the government on this matter would be the 'death of Nigeria's democracy', and that he could not in good conscience remain silent. His resignation has sent shockwaves through the country and raised serious questions about the state of Nigeria's democratic institutions.

According to Justice Ugo's statement, he was asked to 'cripple the independence of the judiciary' by ruling in favor of a certain political candidate, whom he did not name but is widely believed to be Bola Tinubu.

Besides this, he was said to have been asked to suppress evidence and dismiss cases that could impact the election. Justice Ugo's resignation has caused a serious uproar and a setback to the activities of the Presidential Election Petition Court.

As much as we want the rule of law to have its cause, i'd prefer that we always confirm the source of information very well before spreading irrespective of who it is for or against. I have had to check a number of sites to be sure of this but they all show that this information is not accurate.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/presidential-tribunal-ignore-fake-news-on-justice-ugos-resignation-appeal-court/

https://thewhistler.ng/just-in-appeal-court-says-alleged-resignation-of-presidential-tribunal-judge-fake-news/

We all want the committee to do the right thing, let's also do the right thing on our path.

I come in peace.
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by samwillyco1(m): 12:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
Not good at all, we are now under dictatorship
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by samwillyco1(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2023
Abitolola:
OP, If this is true then it's unconfirmed report. Put it there in the story or title and if it's not remove it now o. Believe me people have gotten in trouble by posting things like this on naira land.

Don't bother quoting Obidient or àgbàdo and all those nonsense you people call each other, I belong to neither.

Other media outlets has carried the news
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by 00FFT00(m): 12:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
famology:

The thing pain u abi? Lol.......try to dey read ok
I actually lack the time to read nonsense.
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by Abitolola: 2:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
mabea:
Are you implying that Nigeria is not sane enough for a Justice or anyone else in that category to resign?

Of course not, as a matter of fact if this type of incident can replicate across the parastatals Nigeria will be a better place, it's just that guy's has become insensitive these days, posting stories for God knows why.
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by mabea: 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2023
Abitolola:

Of course not, as a matter of fact if this type of incident can replicate across the parastatals Nigeria will be a better place, it's just that guy's has become insensitive these days, posting stories for God knows why.
Oh I see
Re: Unverified: Justice Ugo Resigns, Citing Demands To 'kneecap' Democracy. by 00FFT00(m): 10:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
UPDATE: JUSTICE UGO YET TO RESIGN DESPITE PRESSURE

Justice Boloukuoromo M. UGO of the Presidential Elections Petition Tribunal is yet to resign despite pressure being mounted for him and two others to do so, according to new information available this morning.

Tinubu and his team are working hard to threaten them to get one or two to resign so that the panel will be bereft of jurisdiction at this stage. This will lead to replacement and retrieval denovo.

In which case, it will be statute barred outside the 180 days stipulated by the constitution and the end of the matter because the Supreme Court cannot extend the time. This is what they are working on to achieve.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo : Remi Tinubu Campaigns With Semovita.... / Osinbajo Writes To Speaker Dogara, Seeks Approval To Borrow $1.28b And €9m / Ngige: I’m Not Aware Of Apc’s 3 Days Resignation Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.