Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,030 members, 7,835,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC (10109 Views)

Disregard Reports Of Electricity Tariff Increase - AEDC / Prosecute Soldiers Involved In Lekki Shootings, Reps Tell Buhari / Extend Lockdown For Another Two Weeks, PDP Reps Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
If Dem no increase electricity tariffs, the Ronu breakfast never complete.
I beg make una kuku give us the 3-course meal make everybody get sense by force! grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by LagosFirstSon: 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2023
helinues:
Sebi states can now produce/generate their own electricity, the state governors no longer have excuse.

If we truly want improvement in our electricity, then the increase in electricity tarrifiia necessary.

Even government establishment dey owe Nepa not to talk of lots of illegal electricity connection from the citizens
And you're telling them to increase

Person wey never pay small bill, Na big bill the person wan pay ?

Sometimes you dey talk like small pikin

I no blame you Sha, Na your mama still dey feed you

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by Eriokanmi: 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
In as much as I'm not in.support of the tariff increase as it would aggravate the sufferings of Nigerians, I think its inevitable. They go to petrol station to buy fuel into official vehicles for operational and other reasons too. They go to market to buy materials. They also pay the reviewed customs tariff on their equipment. That call won't hold water, from the business man's perspective
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by udemzyudex(m): 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
Economy ti fe so wa di werey grin

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by FreeStuffsNG: 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2023
DeLaRue:
Vehicle owners are in complete shock right now.

Some of the people I know don't even know what to say. Some just greet me through the nose and quietly move on cheesy

If electricity prices jump on top what is on ground already, that might just tip some over the edge.

Oga Nepa, thread softly o.
Car is for utility not to pepper dem. Electricity is now N75 per unit wink

1 Like

Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by Eriokanmi: 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2023
udemzyudex:
Economy ti fe so wa di werey grin
lolz

1 Like

Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by Zico5(m): 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2023
So Tinubu is this insensitive. They still want to increase another tarrif with what we are facing already. I pray it's not too late for him to realise his mistake. If people could go on revolution, it will be too much for him to bear
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by Joey4321: 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2023
helinues:
Sebi states can now produce/generate their own electricity, the state governors no longer have excuse.

If we truly want improvement in our electricity, then the increase in electricity tarrifiia necessary.

Even government establishment dey owe Nepa not to talk of lots of illegal electricity connection from the citizens

I thought they increased it already early this month
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by MrDoGood(m): 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2023
taylor89:
They should increase every bill and payments

I want make the suffer get odor

Make suffer choke every tribe & ethnicity

Because it’s seems it’s only intensive suffer that can cure Nigeria of tribalism

Nigerians will vote a wrong leader, then regret and vote another wrong leader

Queue wey go dey mortuary before December go surplus

Many of us are not even feeling the bad governance now

Wait till NEPA goes back to its old ways where you go three weeks without light na that time una go begin pick dead body for ground like snail

You're really angry.

You vex pass me grin
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by smileyoo: 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2023
you asking phcn not to increase tarrifs, even when everything is increasing, of which they have to increase their workers salary and also their cost of running things have also increased.
if phcn listen to you guys, then nigerians should be ready for constant darkness, all year round .
is it not hypocrisy that you people can't cut down your costs as sacrifice for the national good, but want others to do so..
though it's just a suggestion, because nerc or no nerc, phcn will not listen.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by Kennedy97: 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2023
helinues:

Anything to take the blame off the FG goes

GGs
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by fawaz050(m): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It's late. Everything has been deregulated.

Now, if you're used to free money, that era is gone. PMB actually started it by removing
most of the funnels people use to milk the system, PBAT just continued with it. No free easy money again!
Check my signature for free stuffs!

I can't resist the urge to call you a Mumu.

In economies where everything is paid for, there are no bottlenecks.

Lemme give you a scenario: How easy it is to get a job at CBN or NNPC? Ordinary states owned corporations na lobbying.

I don't even have the strength to mull over the dirt in our socio-political settings.
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by okoloto: 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2023
Very soon nepa abi phcn will not have customers again because all man dey go solar. Good a thing it can accommodate your budget in a way. I won't blame government in regulating the sector because it is monopolistic unlike fuel that they should throw in the towel having removed subsidy. It's only competition that will force the price down. Unfortunately prices can't be the same in different states due to transportation to far depot's. APC gets everything wrong and unfortunately they will turn this country to a one party state cos theirs is by fire by force using all government apparatus. All elections held under them na scam.
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-dont-approve-electricity-tariff-increase-reps-tell-nerc/amp

Is the demented Tinubu already tired of announcing hastily made policies in the name of setting the ground running??
The ones he hastily and carelessly made have already hooked him.
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by Tonytonex(m): 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2023
taylor89:

Because it’s seems it’s only intensive suffer that can cure Nigeria of tribalism

Wait till NEPA goes back to its old ways where you go three weeks without light na that time una go begin pick dead body for ground like snail
sharap you fool.
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by ceejay80s(m): 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2023
Phantom233:
DSTV is still exploiting nigerians at will, with monthly subscription on instead of pay per view
I don dump dem since, dey download movies online and watch on my big screen,
I was called last week to pay 1150 for jinja that is around 2800 or so simply because I stopped subscribing, if we all back out on them , they will beg and reduce that ridiculous subscription fee

1 Like

Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by Moniya4Real(m): 6:06pm On Jul 20, 2023
Kuku kill us naw!
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by Abobey123: 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2023
Get your premium Netflix account and nord VPN for 2k
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by grandstar(m): 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
taylor89:

Many saw the apple fall from the tree but only Isaac Newton asked "why?"

It is time you start asking why?

If you are a supplier of electricity, won't you want to supply at a price that covers your costs and makes you profit?

The Discos are complaining that the present tariff isn't sufficient to run their services- that they are running at a loss. Some have even gone bankrupt and have been taken over by AMCON.

We Nigerians are complaining about increase in the cost of these services. But let's ask ourselves: "Has our house rent stayed the same over the pass 5 years? Even before the fuel subsidy removal, did the price of transport stay the same over 5 years or even 2 years?

Yet, we expect the price of electricity not to suffer from the same inflation? The best thing to do in the energy sector is deregulate the price so they can charge what they like and deepen competition which will curtail cutthroat pricing. This worked with the GSM carriers. MTEL which was forced to provide call services at N22 went bankrupt while MTN and others who charged N50 are with us today. Since they could recover their investments, they invested heavily and transformed the telecoms sector. From 400,000 lines in 2001 to over 100m lines today.

The truth is what these Discos charge is nothing. Even before the fuel subsidy was removed, a man who would pay N750 to fill his keg with petrol everyday BUT bark paying 5,000 a month for constant power supply. 750 a day x 30 is 22,500!

Power supply would improve remarkably with the new bill liberalizing power supply but if you prevent suppliers from recuperating cost and making a profit, this would be akin to shooting oneself in the foot and counterproductive.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:28pm On Jul 20, 2023
DeLaRue:
Vehicle owners are in complete shock right now.

Some of the people I know don't even know what to say. Some just greet me through the nose and quietly move on cheesy

If electricity prices jump on top what is on ground already, that might just tip some over the edge.

Oga Nepa, thread softly o.
😂🤣🤣🤣🤣 grin grin grin
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by Pacyrus(m): 6:34pm On Jul 20, 2023
taylor89:

Comrade reduce the vawulence abeg grin
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by ComeToJesus: 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2023
Please approve the increase. I want to check something.

Yeye government.
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by Etranshub(m): 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
What the actual bleep is going on? Just 2 weeks ago we had 100% power increase naa
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by nairalanda1(m): 7:04pm On Jul 20, 2023
Phantom233:
DSTV is still exploiting nigerians at will, with monthly subscription on instead of pay per view

You can watch StarTimes (cheaper, one member of my church changed over, and saved money well well), or even go to Netflix or Amazon prime.

Infact the last two are showing DSTV pepper in South Africa.

Modifed

No such thing as pay for view, even in South Africa. The same packages system in Nigeria is the same elsewhere in Africa. There is some form of pay per view...if you want to watch a newly released movie..or a special sporting event like Fury vs Joshua...you pay extra on top of your normal package.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2023
taylor89:

Chief Hater of the Fatherland! That's who you are. Nigeria will rise again.
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by irumanle(m): 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
So that they can be running at a loss abi?
Nigerians must learn to oppose bad governance by fire by force.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by highoctane: 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
Don't panic

We got you covered with peace of mind

Power Steady 24/7/365 days
I sold my generators since 2016

Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by OgunkeelAllMod: 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
#Renewed JIBITI! undecided
Re: Don’t Approve Electricity Tariff Increase, Reps Tell NERC by sallazlee(m): 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2023
taylor89:

This Man na bad guy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Fuel Scarcity Will End Before Weekend'-NNPC / Group Worried About The Influx Of Ex-Governors Into Senate / Jonathan Calls For Electronic Voting In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.