Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,040 members, 7,814,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate (21233 Views)

Ogun APC Official Refuses To Register Amosun Loyalists (Video) / BREAKING: Senior WAEC Official Confirms Buhari’s Secondary School Results / Meet Dapo Abiodun, The Ogun APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by chokekachy: 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
The West African Examination Council on Thursday refused to confirm or debunk the authenticity of the Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun’s certificate.

An official of the examination body, Olufemi Olaleye, on Thursday, appeared before the tribunal sitting in Isabo, Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital without tendering a copy of Abiodun’s certificate.

The WAEC had earlier been subpoenaed by the tribunal to produce a copy of Abiodun’s 1978 WAEC certificate as attached to the form he filled with the Independent National Electoral Commission before the last election.

The People’s Democratic Party and its candidate in the state in the March 18 governorship election, Ladi Adebutu, had dragged Abiodun and his party, the All Progressives Congress before the tribunal on the ground that the election was rigged.

The PDP and Adebutu had also alleged that Abiodun forged his WAEC certificate.

Adebutu, in his petition, alleged that Abiodun presented a forged WAEC of June 1978 to the INEC, the 1st Respondent on July 25, 2022.

Adebutu further claimed that he had written a letter to the examination body, asking it to verify the authenticity of the certificate presented by Abiodun to it.

But, when the official of the WAEC appeared on Thursday, he was neither with a copy of the certificate, nor did he confirm whether or not the governor sat for the examination as claimed.

At the tribunal, the official was not sworn to an oath and was also not allowed to enter the witness box.

When he was asked for a copy of the certificate, Olaleye said “The requested certificate is not here with me.”

However, he was allowed to tender in evidence, a copy of the subpoena issued to the examination body, upon which he was at the tribunal.

While addressing the tribunal, Olaleye said he did not bring the requested certificate “because WAEC does not keep duplicates of collected WAEC certificates.”

According to him, to confirm whether or not somebody partakes in the council’s examination, “the original certificate given to the candidate will be forwarded to WAEC” for verification.

Olaleye was discharged immediately after he was recorded as having testified before the tribunal as PW73.

Attempt to speak to him outside the courtroom to give further explanations on why WAEC did not produce the requested certificate, failed as Olaleye simply said, “My lips are sealed.”

https://punchng.com/ogun-tribunal-waec-fails-to-tender-abioduns-certificate-copy/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by Lutherblaq: 5:20pm On Jul 20, 2023
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin as usuall nagringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by ibechris(m): 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2023
Kai...it means something is wrong honestly.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by Millymann: 5:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
These people sef

When the head is rotten......

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by MrColdsweat: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2023
May ndigbo never descend to a level where certificate forgers, thugs and drug dealers attain leadership positions.

Ise!!

98 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
like tinubu, like his governors

47 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by SmartPolician: 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
WAEC certificates can be verified online using a WAEC scratch card. Why are they getting WAEC officials involved in politics?

29 Likes

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by ClearFlair: 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nigeria 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by Johnrake69: 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
Lol… You don’t have common ssce but you want to be governor so you can be disturbing us with sirens and embezzle our common patrimony

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
anoda one!

em, emu C...

play me, "wahala wahala wahala remix by portable featuring DJ Khalid & Omo sexy!"

Bar man, bring me hott nkwobi laced wit ewedu leaves & 2 chilled buduwei lager to wash it down ...

RedChiefPriest
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by Indelibleage: 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
His lips that are sealed will never be opened again.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by bunmioguns(m): 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
My governor my governor

But I want to ask

Why do we have controversial people handling the affairs of this nation?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by JAMO84: 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
Like PDP like Ellupee.

They will claim they won election by a landslide, time to prove it go come, Dem go dey drag certificate, 25%, Cotonou passport, Triple nomination bla bla bla. Mushroom parties.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by tete7000(m): 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
They should send the certificate submitted by the governor to the WAEC for verification then.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by ShaqFu: 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
grin
Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by DaddyJapan(m): 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
My intel, which dates back several years, tells me this is another fraudster by all accounts.

3 Likes

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by Kilamba612: 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
chokekachy:

https://punchng.com/ogun-tribunal-waec-fails-to-tender-abioduns-certificate-copy/
God please help me to leave this country am losing my mind about the happening.

Frusters are our leaders and bright mind are no where to be found.
God have mercy

7 Likes

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by richidinho(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
grin

Criminals and forgers has taken over the govt but the real educated guys are hailing and protecting them

There was a country

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by Justiceleague1: 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
Wow
Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by Judolisco(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2023
I'm tired oh... So majority of our leaders forged certificates?

6 Likes

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by Memphitz357: 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
Dapo Abiodun, rest abeg!!
How tha fuq can someone have a Business Administration degree in Accounting??
APC is synonymous with illiteracy.

Buhari nor get certificate!
Tinubu nor get certificate!
Dapo Abiodun nor get certificate!
Even that fat fuq from Yewa constituency in the Senate sef nor get.

5 Likes

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by Dikaveli(m): 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
Oil soup people and wahala
Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by diggindeep: 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
Lips are sealed with money.

Table manners, don't talk when eating.

6 Likes

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by oluwaseyi0: 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
why are these political heavyweights alway having one scandal or the other

2 Likes

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by Unigrad: 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
Can the poor and the commoners get this kind of treatment?
Those confirmed to have forged their certificates before now, what was their capital punishment?
This country belongs to the rich and influencial.
Nigerians are not equal.

5 Likes

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by Nteogwuija(m): 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
LoL, these are the kind of leaders people expect would turn their fortunes around.

4 Likes

Re: My Lips Are Sealed: WAEC Official Refuses To Verify Dapo Abiodun's Certificate by iyke2frankeze: 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2023
I am sure his supporters were among those who roasted Mmesoma alive because she was Igbo not because what she did was wrong.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Did Nothing Throughout Their 16-year In Government – God’swill Akpabio / Another Glitch?: LP Queries Tribunal, APC Over Header On The CTC Judgement / Fayose Paid Ozekhome From His Share Of Dasuki’s Loot – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.