Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,861 members, 7,862,843 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:39 AM

Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola (10671 Views)

Nigerian Military Regimes Built More Infrastructures Than Civilian Govs. / Jonathan Constructed More Roads Than Any President Ever In Nigeria. – Fashola / OMG! Lagos To London Is 5,000km & Jonathan Has Built 25,000 Km Roads In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by mikeapollo: 1:25pm On Oct 10, 2011
all4naija:

What's this bragging all about? Tell us about the length of road constructed and that is enough. Not this blabbing!

Good bless you my brother!
This is a stupid statement from a governor.Why mention Ghana and Sierra, countries that are thousands of mile away from your country? Why didnt he mention other cities/states in Nigeria.

If roads in Ghana are in fairly good conditions must their govt waste money on inflated road projects?
Fashola can equally say he has built more roads in Lagos than London and New York combined. FOOLISH TALK!
Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by otumfour(m): 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2011
REFRESHING TO SEE  A FOOL DISPLAY WHY HE HAS A LITTLE BRAIN IN PUBLIC  grin grin grin grin,

Ricky_Ross:

My wife is Ghanaian,  

grin grin then he goes further to post this

Ricky_Ross:

Its on record Ghanian women are the cheapest black biitches on earth. In Accra for instance, we dont pay to phuck Ghana girls, just buy her a plate of kenke and promise to take her to Nigeria and she will open her puccy for you. This year alone Lagos state government has deported dozens of Ghanaian LovePeddlers and strip dancers from Lagos.

grin grin grin u don't need to be a rocket scientist to determine how disturbed this fool is, u keep writing demeaning essays on Ghana & Ghanaians on nairaland yet, u marry 1 wtf is wrong wit u  microphallus son of a turd.

rickross! grin e no be u do am ooo, I blame Ghana for allowing u  to come  enjoy our proper electricity for free 24/7. fools like u are the one's drawing Nigeria backwards, ur politicians say have ur ilk right they want ya, imbecilic frog.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by DDN: 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2011
He explained that currently another 44 roads that will provide 77 kilometres of new roads are under construction and would be concluded within the next six months. [This equals to1.75 kilometer]

Governor Fashola also said in addition to this, another 60 new roads that would add 129 kilometres are under construction and would be completed beyond the six months timeline. [This equals to2.15 kilometers]

It is a pity that even the youths lack understanding and are deceived.
Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by PhysicsQED(m): 6:51pm On Oct 10, 2011
otumfour:

REFRESHING TO SEE  A FOOL DISPLAY WHY HE HAS A LITTLE BRAIN IN PUBLIC  grin grin grin grin,

grin grin grin u don't need to be a rocket scientist to determine how disturbed this fool is, u keep writing demeaning essays on Ghana & Ghanaians on nairaland yet, u marry 1 wtf is wrong wit u  microphallus son of a turd.

I gotta admit, this is hilarious. grin grin I completely missed that.
Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by RickyRoss1(m): 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2011
otumfour:

rickross! grin e no be u do am ooo, I blame Ghana for allowing u  to come  enjoy our proper electricity for free 24/7. fools like u are the one's drawing Nigeria backwards, your politicians say have your ilk right they want ya, imbecilic frog.

Oh Ashanti man with small willy are you still here? If it pains you that much why not drink poison?
What I have said about Ghana is 100% true and correct and you know it. I know truth hurts, but don't let that worry you too much.
Fat bloated piece of shiit you are the one running your mouth, claiming 24/7 uninterrupted power supply when in reality the light goes on and off every few hours in Ghana. You come here and tell Nigerians they are scammers and you are saints when in reality you guys have overtaken Nigerian in fraud and scams.

You come here and run your mouth telling the whole world Nigerian politicians are crooks and your politicians are saints, when in reality your Ghanaian politicians are as corrupt as Nigerian politicians or even worst. Otherwise take for instance, Ivory Coast has no single natural resources, its main source of income is cocoa but yet Ivory Coast is by far more developed than Ghana and it also boasts of the best road network in West Africa. I have never ever heard that an Ivorian citizen is involved in fraud or scam of any kind. Abidan looks exactly like Paris, with sky scrappers everywhere while Ghana looks like a slum, there is no single sky scrapper in the entire country called Ghana. Over 60% of Ghanaians shit open air due to lack of toilets, 65% of Ghanaians are illiterates and thousands of school are conducted under trees in Ghana.
You are just angry that I dont allow you lazy poor fools spread your lies and deceit on Nairaland.

In Ghana Most Of The Youths, both boys and girls Are Involved In 419 Scam (Sakawa) and no one is talking about it? The Nigerian Men That Invented 419 Over 15 Years Ago Are All Alive Today Enjoying Their Wealth Bc They Mostly Use Their Brains, But Your Sorry A/S/S Ghanian Brothers And Sisters Are Using Black Magic (Charms) To Make White People Believe Their Stories Bc They Are Too Dumb To Convince Oyinbo With Natural Wisdom. This is why these Ghanaian 419 scammers always die within 3 years and you and I knows this to be true.

READ ABOUT GHANAS SAKAWA MENACE BELOW

The Sakawa Boys: Inside the Bizarre Criminal World of Ghana’s Cyber-Juju Email Scam Gangs http://www.motherboard.tv/2011/4/5/the-sakawa-boys-inside-the-bizarre-criminal-world-of-ghana%E2%80%99s-cyber-juju-email-scam-gangs

Sakawa Boys: Ghana’s Cyber-Juju Email Scam Gangs http://www.disinfo.com/2011/05/sakawa-boys-ghana%E2%80%99s-cyber-juju-email-scam-gangs/

HOW SAKAWA BOYS BUY HUMAN HAIR FOR CHARMS/JUJU:
http://www.modernghana.com/news/237845/1/sakawa-boys-buy-human-hair.html
SAKAWA BOYS ADOPT NEW TRICKS: http://www.modernghana.com/news/215710/1/sakawa-boys-adopt-new-tricks.html

Sakawa Boys Kill For Cash http://www.ghananewsnow.com/2010/07/26/sakawa-boys-kill-for-cash/
Sakawa Boys Invade Ghanaweb http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/features/artikel.php?ID=160084
Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by PetroDolla: 2:41am On Oct 11, 2011
Death traps, called federal highways

TUESDAY, 11 OCTOBER 2011 00:00 SUNNY C. NWACHUKWU
Lack of maintenance culture in the country has been a known characteristic of the past administrations, and has indeed become an age-long ‘birth-mark’ in governance. President Jonathan’s administration is yet to prove otherwise with the physical results of the presently pursued goals of transformation in governance. Part of the transformation agenda is the recent pronouncement by the Finance Minister and the coordinator of the Presidential Economic Team, Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. Completion of a thousand & one government abandoned projects scattered all over the Federation, if successfully pursued and achieved would shift our present position & rating on infrastructure development to an advantage point under the ongoing transformation agenda.

Nigeria has suffered a great deal of losses (lives of very eminent and important personalities, alongside with that on millions of the Nigerian masses) through carnage on our roads. Just very recently, a very top government official lost the lives of his aides and driver in a road accident. These losses sincerely tell (directly or indirectly) on the nation’s economy, negatively. Apart from the fact that this is a singular source/contributor to the nation’s low life-expectancy (with respect to our population and the very high counts of deaths through road accidents involving the greater percentage of our youths), it is also a wasting source of trained professionals and very brilliant brains in the land.

Good roads improve the mental alertness, concentration and calculations of a driver on the wheels; in making sound decisions while contending with the road traffic. This comes to bear drastically reduced cases of carnage on the Federal Highways. The contrary is the case with badly damaged roads, full of potholes and undulated spots as a result of erosion and cracks on the highways. One early morning in the month of August, i travelled by road from Abuja to Onitsha. Just from the Abuja metropolis, all the way down to River Benue bridge (along Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja road) we recorded very fresh ghastly road mishaps (about nine cases within a space of fifteen to twenty minutes) because; it was raining “cat & dog” that morning. It was a worrisome observation indeed, which would have been averted were the roads to have been in good shape. This made families to lose their loved ones because of distractions created for the drivers/road users due to the multi-faceted potholes at specific spots. People at the same time lost their exotic cars, got them mangled and smashed beyond repairs. In addition to these, very unbearable road traffic jams that set in for hours each time such accidents occur; all contributing towards the nation’s economic losses.

This worrisome situation is indeed very painful when the cost of the suffering masses (the inter-city commuters) is counted. One very good example is the notorious Ore spot (along the Benin-Ore highway). Human beings who cannot afford to travel by air, suffer untold hardship by spending hours on a “near-madness” replica of jam-packed vehicles (cars, luxurious buses, trailers and various shades of tankers) all scrambling & struggling to gain access on a single lane way. This piece should sound and as well serve as a reminder to the Federal Ministry of works, the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA) and possibly their states’ counterparts, especially at this season of the “Ember months” with the Christmas season just next door (fast approaching). There is no point mentioning other deadly spots like the Shagamu-Ibadan road (along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway) ,Ugwuoba-9th mile (along the Onitsha-Enugu Expressway) spots and many others in the Northern parts of course and the South-South (the Ikot-Ekpene road leading to Aba).

I have the opportunity to observe what people experience/pass through at Ore area just last weekend when i travelled to Lagos by road from Onitsha. This shouldn’t be at all, especially now that the government is preaching and confessing the promises of good governance and all the attached democracy dividends to the masses. The Federal Ministry of works and the FERMA should sit up and be up & doing in fixing our roads. The Christmas rush is just by the corner!

Whenever i try to compare notes with what obtains or goes on in some other countries of the world; where i always observe the ways these things are done right by them (like in China and in our own South Africa) i shudder. Their own kinds of our FERMA tackle these issues to the minutest level, on daily basis. Yes, this i know because, i have severally observed where you (for instance) ply a way and on your coming back the same way after a few hours later, behold, the road was already being resurfaced afresh within hours. I lamented in South Africa one day after observing such patriotism in them. The same striking note took place somewhere in China, when a local TV station constantly featured in their news, what i personally consider ‘a non issue’ by our own standard or in our own society; how Taxis & Buses were falling into a shallow pothole in the city of Guangzhou (along SangYuAnli road). Under 24 hours, that spot was fixed.

What does it take our FERMA to be doing the same? Is it due to lack of fund or poor management, or what? These death traps on our Federal Highways ought to be promptly and timely fixed/maintained so that further lives will not be lost due to our own negligence, recklessness and carelessness.
Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by Areosapien(f): 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2011
I dey laugh ooo!
Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by folahann(m): 11:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
When is Lagos-Ibadan express easy gonna be repaired?
Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by Nobody: 4:01am On Nov 21, 2013
folahann:

shut Up!
How long is it going to take Ghana gov't to complete teteh quarshie - Legon- madina road? The road that Kufuor started during his 1st term.
What about Ogbojo, madina estate, Libya quaters, some parts of Airport residential, wild Geeko area (gulf house) to Fiesta royal just to mention a few.
Otumfour, do not expose yourself.
you dey mind am! Dis ghana dudes forget that nigerians live in ghana and know the state of their roads,all d street roads in accra are terrible! Dusty,not tarred,the only luck they have is that it doesn't rain as much as in lagos if not it would have been an eyesore,I can boldly say that lagos road (even ordinary street roads) are faaaaaar better, I live at abule-oja yaba,our inner street road Mosuro street has been tarred almost a year now,same as several streets around.
Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by iterator25: 5:28am On Nov 21, 2013
More sub par roads, smh.. they need to check other African countries on road quality.. sad
Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by iterator25: 5:29am On Nov 21, 2013
hisson3: you dey mind am! Dis ghana dudes forget that nigerians live in ghana and know the state of their roads,all d street roads in accra are terrible! Dusty,not tarred,the only luck they have is that it doesn't rain as much as in lagos if not it would have been an eyesore,I can boldly say that lagos road (even ordinary street roads) are faaaaaar better, I live at abule-oja yaba,our inner street road Mosuro street has been tarred almost a year now ,same as several streets around.
post pics let's See the quality tongue
Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by Kingspin(m): 6:06am On Nov 21, 2013
As formerly capital centre of Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:02am On Nov 21, 2013
Tom Ford: Is that for him to say or we the electorate?

What do you know?
Re: Lagos Has Built More Roads Than Ghana & Sierra Leone - Fashola by RoyalPearl(f): 8:24am On Nov 21, 2013
otumfour: REFRESHING TO SEE  A FOOL DISPLAY WHY HE HAS A LITTLE BRAIN IN PUBLIC  grin grin grin grin,

rickross! grin e no be u do am ooo, I blame Ghana for allowing u  to come  enjoy our proper electricity for free 24/7. fools like u are the one's drawing Nigeria backwards, ur politicians say have ur ilk right they want ya, imbecilic frog.

Lmao this guy is such a Chimp. If you read his comments well and the whole percentage thing its obvious to see that Ricky_Ross is Cusubaba. I really have my doubts that he married a Ghanaian woman because no sane normal woman will marry a man like that!! Oh wait but he mentioned that his wife is a prostitute so that explains it. This guy hates Ghana so much that he went all the way to Ghana and married a Prostitute(the lowest of the Ghanaian women and he is still proud abt it). Wonders shall never end indeed. Its funny how the people who "hate Ghana" etc just can't seem to stop talking about Ghanaians and Ghana and went further to marry a Ghanaian. Wow I almost feel sorry for that lady however it"s her fault for marrying that baffoon. Calling your own wife a prostitute. Smdh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suicide Bombers Plan To Disguise As Beggars – Nigerian Army / Kogi People Already Gave Yahaya Bello A Second Term – Fanwo / Goodluck Jonathan: Ballot, Not Courts, Should Determine Election Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.