Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired (30086 Views)

Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired / I Feel Pity For My Uncle / Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by geesilver(m): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2023
Cti28:

She is callous and heartless. Now she has blocked the channel of help from you to another person.

My problem is that i don't know how to disturb you too much for something.... She really thought me a bitter lesson,

1 Like

Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by Mummyfour(f): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2023
1Sharon:

I don't believe in helping able bodied people. Help the ones that truly need it.
I don't quite agree with you.

I am an able bodied woman and I have been a beneficiary of people's kindness and favour and that is what makes me assist people too, not because I have o, but just try to show love.

Most able bodied people try to do honest jobs or businesses, work extra hard, but don't just get that break.
It's about grace too.

That said, I think the prayer should be "God please as you bless me to help people, let people that will make me regret my help not locate me"

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by correctguy101(m): 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
Templee333:
Person wey you give your thing for credit because of say him de lament, when him don hold the money tire you never even ask am, Last last him come use the money stone you and him de tell you say he no de take nonsense. Na wetin i de see everyday be that.

Hahaha.... Nigerians and bad character be like Tinubu and Amala... Inseparable... angry

Some will even fight you. One crazy woman even spat the words "even Nigeria sef dey owe" at me....smh

This ancestor lost all his gentlemanlinessgrin immediately. I just called boys to move her generator and a few things from her shop, dat was when awareness struck the crazy oni igbese .

Customers are never to be trusted with your osusu...

Experience will toughen you to know when to say NO....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by tiswell(m): 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2023
Starboytwo:
I will make it short

A girl went to the staff room to report my friend that he touch her breast.

My friend denied and I supported him by saying I was there

Long story short.
Last last 2 of us collect 6 6 strokes of cane. For something wey no consine me.

Since then, I was never there. I can never be there in anything.
small boys really full here.

Just look at diswan at his age already partaking in sezual harrassment sad

1 Like

Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2023
dangermouse:
Back in the says as a bachelor, moved in newly into an apartment in a block of flats.
My immediate neighbour who is married with no kids always fighting with the wifey at odd hours in the night.

The fights are always so violent and nobody in the entire block of flat will bat an eyelid.

Being new, I rushed out one late night when they were fighting to separate them. Pleaded and was able to separate the fight that night as the hubby left the house to were I don't know. It was as late as 1:30 am.

Coming back following day from work in the night.
, I was met with a resounding slap from the hubby as I was downstairs greeting a friendly neighbour cheesy

I was dazed with the unexpected slap and he was ranting bla bla bla.. You what do you know about marriage to put mouth in our affairs, small boy like you wey never marry. What do you know about marriage? sad
Later got to know that this was one the reasons why nobody in the block never wants to separate the couple whenever they were fighting.

My brother I go use stone, stab in head, what nonsense

1 Like

Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by kenben: 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2023
I voted for Buhari out of pity. It backfired

2 Likes

Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by Anabosee(m): 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2023
Imredeemed:
Nothing hurts like unexpected slap. I learned from your story ☺️
I still de feel the unexpected slap, op u did no wrong, u for slap am back then apologize for interfering,
But the bitter truth is that minding ur business na sure odd for winning peace of mind.

3 Likes

Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by liamjakes247: 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2023
CJStarz:
Helping a friend get a job in my place of work only for her to work against me and take over my position ,as it were. I resigned. God at work still.

Wow, this hit differently..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by 1Sharon(f): 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2023
Mummyfour:
I don't quite agree with you.

I am an able bodied woman and I have been a beneficiary of people's kindness and favour and that is what makes me assist people too, not because I have o, but just try to show love.

Most able bodied people try to do honest jobs or businesses, work extra hard, but don't just get that break.
It's about grace too.

That said, I think the prayer should be "God please as you bless me to help people, let people that will make me regret my help not locate me"

The single mother you helped didn't need your money she wanted it, that's why she started acting weird after you helped her.

Help those that genuinely need it. Like those in hospitals, disabled

2 Likes

Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by coputa(m): 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
Imredeemed:
My neighbor and his wife were fighting that night so my husband dragged him into our house when it turned violent. The next day he and his wife insulted us, claiming that we were gossiping them and all that. Since then we vowed to stay in our lane!

Share your own experience with us
Helping a neighbor out is not a pitiable act but a good neighbourly responsibility,if your husband had refused to show concern, it would have been worse.

It's always better to show concern,but be cautious,we all need one another.

2 Likes

Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by Ikpunnegi01: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
Always staying in my lane and minding my business! If una like dey, dey kill una selves, I no send again! The same thing wey happened to op happened to me but the case was between a girl and her boyfriend which happened to be a friend of mine.

2 Likes

Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by intruder15(m): 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2023
Starboytwo:
I will make it short

A girl went to the staff room to report my friend that he touch her breast.

My friend denied and I supported him by saying I was there

Long story short.
Last last 2 of us collect 6 6 strokes of cane. For something wey no consine me.

Since then, I was never there. I can never be there in anything.

LMAO. It's the I can never be there for me.
Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by Honestfrend: 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2023
dangermouse:
Back in the says as a bachelor, moved in newly into an apartment in a block of flats.
My immediate neighbour who is married with no kids always fighting with the wifey at odd hours in the night.

The fights are always so violent and nobody in the entire block of flat will bat an eyelid.

Being new, I rushed out one late night when they were fighting to separate them. Pleaded and was able to separate the fight that night as the hubby left the house to were I don't know. It was as late as 1:30 am.

Coming back following day from work in the night.
, I was met with a resounding slap from the hubby as I was downstairs greeting a friendly neighbour cheesy

I was dazed with the unexpected slap and he was ranting bla bla bla.. You what do you know about marriage to put mouth in our affairs, small boy like you wey never marry. What do you know about marriage? sad
Later got to know that this was one the reasons why nobody in the block never wants to separate the couple whenever they were fighting.

Bros.. This one shock me o.. shocked
Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by DADYLEED: 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2023
This shows u re single
helinues:

If my afar advise with mouth can't stop them from fighting, make dem kill themselves then.

I am still yet to understand how two acclaimed lovers go dey go physical all the time . Love no get energy to fight now
Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by helinues: 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2023
DADYLEED:
This shows u re single

So married people should be shooking mouth in something that supposed not to concern them?
Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by DADYLEED: 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2023
That is the answer to your later paragraph not the former
helinues:

So married people should be shooking mouth in something that supposed not to concern them?
Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by Chris2863(m): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
Templee333:
Person wey you give your thing for credit because of say him de lament, when him don hold the money tire you never even ask am, Last last him come use the money stone you and him de tell you say he no de take nonsense. Na wetin i de see everyday be that.
This your write up self. Person no fit classify am as a pure English/pigin. Nah only you fit understand wetin you drop there.

1 Like

Re: Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired by mabeni(m): 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2023
In ibadan, I went to separate my next door neighbor... husband and wife beating each other in their room at night.

The husband stylishly held my stomach and pinch me hard. I screamed loud and ran back to my room.

Since I left the compound, I no try am again.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals / Wife To Separate From Husband For Relocating Too Much / 8 Things No One Tells You About Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.