Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,400 members, 7,812,174 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired (28139 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / Things We Do Out Of Pity That Backfired / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by dare56610: 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2023
As a family-oriented entrepreneur, I was excited about the prospect of starting a business with my relatives. We all shared a passion for the industry and believed that working together would strengthen both our family bonds and our business venture.

In the beginning, everything seemed promising. We communicated well, understood each other's strengths, and divided responsibilities accordingly. It felt like a dream come true, blending our personal and professional lives.

However, as time went on, we encountered unforeseen challenges. Disagreements on business decisions started to spill over into family gatherings, causing tension during what were once joyful moments. Emotions ran high, making it difficult to separate family dynamics from business discussions.

Furthermore, favoritism emerged unintentionally, creating a sense of inequality among non-family employees. This led to resentment and negatively affected the overall team morale.

As the business faced tough decisions, we found it challenging to objectively assess and implement necessary changes. Personal biases and loyalties clouded our judgment, hindering the growth and success of the company.

Through these experiences, we realized that merging family and business requires careful consideration and open communication. It is crucial to establish clear boundaries between personal relationships and professional responsibilities. Regular family meetings and defined roles can help address issues before they escalate.

By acknowledging these challenges and striving to strike a balance between family bonds and business goals, we found ways to navigate the complexities. Open dialogue, empathy, and a shared vision for both the family and the business were key to finding harmony and success.

Share your own stories of running a family business, the challenges you faced, and how you managed to find a harmonious balance between your family life and entrepreneurial pursuits. Let's learn from each other's experiences and build stronger, thriving family businesses together.

15 Likes

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by dare56610: 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2023
you can share your experience smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by NaijaCover(m): 9:32pm On Jul 28, 2023
Is Following

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by IDnoble1: 9:32pm On Jul 28, 2023
There should be partnership deeds and should be strictly implemented to avoid unnecessary issues

8 Likes

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by exstreve: 9:32pm On Jul 28, 2023
I know there are some differences between families which can be caused by so many reasons. But one thing I can confidently say is that, in this world, there can never ever be any reason(s) why my family will ever have a major issue. Maybe I've not seen, maybe it'll happen, but currently I don't see any.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by GodWrites: 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2023
What's up with all these AI generated posts?

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by StrikeBack(m): 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2023
Unnecessary post

24 Likes

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by Crownbackhome: 9:34pm On Jul 28, 2023
For you don't know that, " if you're trying to help a drowning Man, you don't know that, you're only precipitating your own disaster"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by NairaGPT: 9:34pm On Jul 28, 2023
WRITTEN BY AI

Note the writing style

In the vibrant world of entrepreneurship, I embarked on a venture that not only promised financial success but also seemed to fortify the bonds of love. Little did I know that this seemingly perfect partnership with my girlfriend would lead me down a treacherous path of deception and betrayal.

With stars in our eyes and dreams in our hearts, we decided to merge our passions and talents to build a business together. Our love for each other added a special charm, making our endeavor feel like the start of an epic love story intertwined with entrepreneurial success.

In the initial stages, everything appeared enchanting. We complemented each other's skills and shared a deep trust that seemed unbreakable. As we progressed, the business grew, and we basked in the joy of witnessing our joint efforts flourish.

However, as the saying goes, "All that glitters is not gold." Beneath the surface, cracks began to form in our once harmonious partnership. I noticed discrepancies in financial records, vague explanations for expenses, and discrepancies in inventory. My gut told me something was amiss.

The troubling truth unraveled when I confronted my girlfriend turned business partner about these concerns. Instead of transparency and honesty, I was met with lies and evasion. It was a gut-wrenching moment when I realized that the person I loved had betrayed me, using our business as a means to deceive and exploit.

I was scammed by someone I had trusted wholeheartedly - a betrayal that cut deep into my soul. Not only had I lost money and time invested in the business, but I also felt the heartache of losing someone I had loved and believed in.

As I grappled with the aftermath of this deception, I learned painful lessons about the importance of due diligence and separating personal relationships from business partnerships. Love alone cannot guarantee a successful collaboration; it requires trust, communication, and unwavering integrity.

In the face of adversity, I refused to be defeated. With resilience in my heart, I took legal action and sought support from friends and family. Though the scars of betrayal still linger, I channeled my pain into learning and growth.

Today, I stand as a cautionary tale for others, urging fellow entrepreneurs to be vigilant and discerning in their business partnerships. Love and passion can make the journey of entrepreneurship even more fulfilling, but it should never blind us to potential red flags.

As we move forward, let us remember that while betrayal can shatter our trust, it cannot crush our spirit. The path of entrepreneurship is paved with challenges, but it is through adversity that we emerge stronger and wiser. May we be ever vigilant and determined to protect our dreams and businesses from those who seek to exploit them.

32 Likes

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by slawomir: 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Isoright

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by HydraFeeds(m): 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2023
Most of the problems comes from profit sharing .
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by George2164(m): 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
Is amazing to speak polished English, am still yet to comprehend the meat of your message, especially what actually happened and how it was resolved. The purpose of what we do here is to learn from people's life experiences and probably take informed decisions about our life .

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by Gentlesniper(m): 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
GodWrites:
What's up with all these AI generated posts?

Aswear, this one is obviously visible to the blind and audible to the deaf...

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by Ishilove: 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
post=124726423:
Is Following

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by Ishilove: 9:38pm On Jul 28, 2023
Gentlesniper:

Aswear, this one is obviously visible to the blind and audible to the deaf...
Oh... Really? How are you able to differentiate between human and AI posts?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by 3seriez(m): 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2023
One thing iv learnt in this life, don't mix family and business.
You can when you've built it from the ground up solo, and then you can pass the knowledge and skills to your kids who show interest.
Most times brother, sister , cousin and co don't usually share the same vision and passion. It starts out well but when the tough decisions come and the going gets tough, thats when true color manifests.

8 Likes

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by sonssyo: 9:40pm On Jul 28, 2023
post=124726423:
Is Following

U no follow soludo today? You for don flash the visit to Tiger foods limited cheesy

1 Like

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by zumbigbo(m): 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2023
You did not share anything grin

Is that you Chatgpt?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by safarifarms(m): 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2023
One of the fastest ways of breaking strong relationships like family and best friends is doing business together or lending money. The 1st I've never done and don't see myself doing in the future. The 2nd I've done with care (where possible I gift or at least lend what I can easily forget about. So far so good.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by oluwaseyi0: 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2023
most family-member run business doesn't end well

I bought a brand new tryicycle for my brother to ride with him keeping all the money made because he has nothing doing

all he has to do is take care of the Maruwa and renew the documents

yet he failed at this, he was very busy lavishing the money he makes on olosho and othe rrandom things

paper expires, authority seized the maruwa

I have to bail it myself and renew paper of less than 10k, spent almost 100k to bail and service the machine

I never collect a dime from him since buying it and neither do I intend to collect money but how can he not be able to renew common document

16 Likes

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by wellmax(m): 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2023
George2164:
Is amazing to speak polished English, am still yet to comprehend the meat of your message, especially what actually happened and how it was resolved. The purpose of what we do here is to learn from people's life experiences and probably take informed decisions about our life .

Because it's AI generated

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by chukkystar(m): 9:45pm On Jul 28, 2023
Business and Family never mix, it's like oil and water. In Business U are supposed to be Logical while with Family U are supposed to be Emotionally available. It's very bad for Business. Unless it's Father or Mother and Children Business any other type hardly works. If Children thief the money na their inheritance them don thief shikena. But Cousin go wreck U go find another place to wreck and nothing go happen cos na Family matter dem go use settle am.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by talented321: 9:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
This is just the problem
Flight90:
Never mix business with family, because in the end they always end up killing the business and the reason is because most family members are just focused on the money and not on what makes the money role in
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by Lance008(m): 9:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
The word family Na scam
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by GboyegaD(m): 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
Not sure how established the business is but are there procedural documents/standards that guides each position?
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by AllenSpencer: 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2023
Never!

Never mix emotions with business, it never ends well.

Not even with your wife or parents. The best people to deal with are strangers, who you know you can take decisive actions against, without emotions.

Same applies to lending out money. Never lend money to relatives, give them what you have. It’s better to lend a stranger money, than your own very own relatives, siblings or parents.
Re: Trying To Help My Family Member And It Backfired by Kobicove(m): 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2023
Personally I would never go into business partnership with close family members...it usually leads to too many conflicts of interest which are usually difficult to resolve objectively undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife / Son Insists 94-year-Old Father Must Not Be Buried In Imo / Do Married Men Go Home After Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.