Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address (4910 Views)

Final Written Address: Atiku, PDP Chieftains Arrive PEPC (photos) / Atiku At Tribunal For His Final Written Address / Tinubu To Tribunal: Obi/LP's Petition, Final Written Address Is Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Philgafauto: 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2023
keymatt:
This Urchiin again grin Why are you agbados so obsessed with Peter Obi?
Anyway, hope you have your agbado ID card for buying cheap fuel ⛽? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Even though the prices of goods and services have increased astronomically, i am not exactly poor and i have the skills to support myself.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by ezechi242: 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2023
Philgafauto:
Even though i knew this was the end of the road legally for Peter Obi since i saw Wole Olanipekun's written address, i expected more from Peter Obi's lawyers. While i may be a junior colleague of theirs, i am not happy with the quality of the brief. The address lacks coherence, logical flow and is filled with grammatical errors.

I sure will not add that kind of low quality written address to my library. I wont say more than that.

We await the just dismissal of the petition. I urge any interested person to compare and contrast the quality of Wole Olanipekun's written address to the filed by Peter Obi's lawyer. Let the difference in logic, flow, clarity and coherence be the decider.

I wish Peter Obi well. He has tried but, legally, this is an anticlimax to the expected legal fireworks from his lawyers. I am disappointed.

Have a nice weekend evreybody.

NB: I am a Yoruba lawyer practicing in the Southwest and i now believe we have the best lawyers in the Country!!!! The difference is now quite clear!!!!!!

fear don finish this one ....the written address has set confusion in their coven.... grin grin grin .....holy ghost fireeeeeeee
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Philgafauto: 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2023
ezechi242:

fear don finish this one ....the written address has set confusion in their coven.... grin grin grin .....holy ghost fireeeeeeee

SMH. Consult any sound lawyer to evaluate the evidence and addresses and tell you the truth.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by sunray(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2023
Philgafauto:

They should return his money to him because they did a bad job. The written address is so riddled with spelling errors that i had to sleep off this afternoon. I will complete my digest of the written address later this night or anytime i am less busy.

But i am unhappy with what i saw.

Mistakes appeared normal in law practices. Didn't you see Olanipekun and his team submission on vp typing July 2023 dates when they meant 2022. I have read some sc judgements full of errors.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by walex2(m): 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2023
Philgafauto:
Even though i knew this was the end of the road legally for Peter Obi since i saw Wole Olanipekun's written address, i expected more from Peter Obi's lawyers. While i may be a junior colleague of theirs, i am not happy with the quality of the brief. The address lacks coherence, logical flow and is filled with grammatical errors.

I sure will not add that kind of low quality written address to my library. I wont say more than that.

We await the just dismissal of the petition. I urge any interested person to compare and contrast the quality of Wole Olanipekun's written address to the filed by Peter Obi's lawyer. Let the difference in logic, flow, clarity and coherence be the decider.

I wish Peter Obi well. He has tried but, legally, this is an anticlimax to the expected legal fireworks from his lawyers. I am disappointed.

NB: I am a Yoruba lawyer practicing in the Southwest and i now believe we have the best lawyers in the Country!!!! The difference is now quite clear!!!!!!
we told them they don't have any cases but no they begin to merry-go-round on non existing issues of double nomination, drug Case or other nonsensical instead of proving to the court how he was the election and how non transmission of election through IREV affect his winning. We told them Wole Olanipekun legal acumen is not to be compared with their baby SAN but they continue to Mock the man for making his point. August is just around the corner

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by PaellaPaella: 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
Philgafauto:

My brother, i am disappointed in the quality of the written address. Even small lawyers in the southwest cant write that kind of watery written address. I read a part of it this afternoon and i slept off. I will complete it this night sha but this is the end of the road for Obi legally.

It was an emotionally torturing journey for Nigerians because the Obidients and Igbos raised the tempo of the elections because, they thought -- and they are right, that it is the turn of Igbos. But Tinubu is just too much of a Tiger for our institutions to handle. The man is too wealthy and he practically bought the election and used his money to hire the best lawyers in the land. Peter Obi should try again in 2027.

You are being childish, this is your second stupid thread here this last few days, how old are you?
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by PaellaPaella: 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
walex2:
we told them they don't have any cases but no they begin to merry-go-round on non existing issues of double nomination, drug Case or other nonsensical instead of proving to the court how he was the election and how non transmission of election through IREV affect his winning. We told them Wole Olanipekun legal acumen is not to be compared with their baby SAN but they continue to Mock the man for making his point. August is just around the corner

You are talking to your fellow Agbadorian, grin ;Dbullshit
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Philgafauto: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
PaellaPaella:

You are being childish, this is your second stupid thread here this last few days, how old are you?

Oh, ok!!! So i should keep quiet because my threads hurt your feelings?

I dont hate Peter Obi. I am only analyzing the proceedings from a legal perspective.

I am not a kid. Dont say that again.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by PaellaPaella: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
Philgafauto:

SMH. Consult any sound lawyer to evaluate the evidence and addresses and tell you the truth.

Dude Ewedu must be affecting your brain grin
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by sunray(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
Your submission is unbiased. Only dreamers will think otherwise.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Philgafauto: 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2023
sunray:

Mistakes appeared normal in law practices. Didn't you see Olanipekun and his team submission on vp typing July 2023 dates when they meant 2022. I have read some sc judgements full of errors.

Apart from the many spelling errors, they were just jumping from one point to the other before completing or exhaustively addressing the prior point.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by PaellaPaella: 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2023
Philgafauto:

I dont hate Peter Obi. I am only analyzing the proceedings from a legal perspective.

Hurt me ke? You did not hurt anybody but yourself with your nonsense illusions, stop wasting your time, we know you are supporting the drug cartel now, even though i see no problem with it but you should stop disturbing us with your biased and useless opinion.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Philgafauto: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2023
sunray:

My brother, dont mind all these biased Obidients ooo. I know most of them are Igbos and their emotions are invested in the outcome of the Election Petition Tribunal. But i am am a legal person and i know what i am saying given my training and many years of practice.

I cant wait for the dismissal of the petition. The Supreme Court will gladly affirm the dismissal of the Court below because Appellate Courts are loathe to set aside or reverse the court of evidence (In this case the Court of Appeal).

Obidients will insult the Judiciary tire but on this point, the Judiciary are innocent because Obi did not prove how he won and the other pre-election issues raised have been legally killed by Wole Olanipekun and his team.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Philgafauto: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2023
PaellaPaella:

Hurt me ke? You did not hurt anybody but yourself with your nonsense illusions, stop wasting your time, we know you are supporting the drug cartel now, even though i see no problem with it but you should stop disturbing us with your biased and useless opinion.

If you know me, you will know that i resent Bola Tinubu for his criminal past. But on this Court matter, Peter Obi's legal team were unable to prove that there was no substantial compliance with the Electoral Act. The burden in election petitions are quite high because the jurisprudence in that area of law has been that INEC has always been protected by the courts as having "Substantially complied with the extant electoral laws"

It is an unfortunate situation and only legislation can remedy the defect of our electoral system, not litigation.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Minime10(f): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2023
Philgafauto:

My brother, i am disappointed in the quality of the written address. Even small lawyers in the southwest cant write that kind of watery written address. I read a part of it this afternoon and i slept off. I will complete it this night sha but this is the end of the road for Obi legally.

It was an emotionally torturing journey for Nigerians because the Obidients and Igbos raised the tempo of the elections because, they thought -- and they are right, that it is the turn of Igbos. But Tinubu is just too much of a Tiger for our institutions to handle. The man is too wealthy and he practically bought the election and used his money to hire the best lawyers in the land. Peter Obi should try again in 2027.

I thought you claimed to be a lawyer? anyway, you must be a pocket lawyer not even a "charged and bail" because a charged and bail lawyer will definitely sound ten times knowledgeable than you.
Matters in Court are decided on hard and concrete evidences and not on written addresses which is a mere summary of arguments and submissions.
95% of Judges don't even have the time to look at parties addresses before coming up with their rulings over matters before them.
You better go back and begin to learn the rudiments of legal practice if per any chance, you're a lawyer, though a pocket lawyer.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by SenatePresdo(m): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2023
Philgafauto:

You see, Peter Obi is no match for Tinubu when it comes to playin dirty.
Peter Obi knew this, he knew APC would play dirty.
Unfortunately, APC overwhelmed him with intense dirtiness during the past election.

People were gearing up to protest, which nobody can say for certain what or where the protest would had lead the country to.
He, Peter Obi calmed everybody down as we were meant to understand.

Now, far majority of Nigerians didn't vote for APC and they are tired with the way Tinubu is dishing out policies that are choking the mases .

If The court upholds Tinubu's candidacy by going against the constitution, because Olanipekun defence on ABJ 25% is weak, no matter how much you hype him.

Nigerians would take to the streets, because 2027 is way too far.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by SenatePresdo(m): 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2023
sunray:

He may be unbiased, but the truth is that Nigerians didn't vote Tinubu and might hit the street if the court fails them.

Tinubu didn't get 25% in Abuja, and olanipekun defense on it is weak.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by sunray(m): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2023
SenatePresdo:

He may be unbiased, but the truth is that Nigerians didn't vote Tinubu and might hit the street if the court fails them.

Continue to grandstand.

Show us where the plaintiff contested the number of votes won by Tinubu and how inec manipulated Atiku and Obi votes to favor Tinubu. The professor of mathematics Obi brought couldn't provide substantial proof of how his exercise affected Benue and Rivers and the overall result.
Where mistake of 10,000 was made against Tinubu in Kano, his counsel asked that it be added to his vote.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by BenedictAbajue(m): 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2023
sreamsense:
Why comparing quality product from south west to inferior products from south east? They said "Go and Verify", obi doesn't loose any case in history, but they forgot that, obi won because those lawyers had never crossed their Anambra territory to collide with best brains lawyers from south west.
Obi, who no dey loose case has now jammed with Tinubu, his boss; who no dey loose election he participated in.
Turn every thing into tribal war including court case again.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Max24: 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2023
Dymaco:

Go through the angle Peter Obi attorneys are coming from then you will understand what a final address is.
Was it the angle that also caused the grammatical errors from SANs? Low quality write up in all facets you are talking about angle. Angle ko, straight line ni.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Putinofrussia: 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2023
Philgafauto:

They should return his money to him because they did a bad job. The written address is so riddled with spelling errors that i had to sleep off this afternoon. I will complete my digest of the written address later this night or anytime i am less busy.

But i am unhappy with what i saw.
I don't want to believe.We all know you are anti Tinubu but I am not going to believe you except you post even a part of the address if you are truly truthful.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by RecentHistory: 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Nigerians didn't vote Tinubu?
I laugh at the stupidity of you Obidients.

See, in the 2 states Tinubu lost in the SW, if you add the votes Tinubu had in both states, he's the highest scorer between Tinubu, Atiku and Obi.

You guys need to be taught a lesson on the streets so your doubts can be cleared once and for all.
So, if them born you Obidients well, come out and cause trouble.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Geometrix(m): 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
By your last submission that only legislation not litigation can remedy the defects in our electoral system. Is it not intuitive enough to know from the onset that Peter Obi indicated that he is challenging the process not the outcome of the election
We are aware that in this country every good process we have on paper like INEC promising real time transmission of results to ensure transparency is always comprised ... (Mind you they have everything to make this work)But the question is how long shall we continue like this!
There is no way of achieving the right legislation if the electoral system can be manipulated at will by politicians.
And in this election did inec complied with the electoral laws? Is it by calling up witnesses from polling both that petitioners can prove that inec didn't comply with the electoral laws?
Well it is left for the courts to decide.
Philgafauto:

If you know me, you will know that i resent Bola Tinubu for his criminal past. But on this Court matter, Peter Obi's legal team were unable to prove that there was no substantial compliance with the Electoral Act. The burden in election petitions are quite high because the jurisprudence in that area of law has been that INEC has always been protected by the courts as having "Substantially complied with the extant electoral laws"

It is an unfortunate situation and only legislation can remedy the defect of our electoral system, not litigation.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Putinofrussia: 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2023
SenatePresdo:

You see, Peter Obi is no match for Tinubu when it comes to playin dirty.
Peter Obi knew this, he knew APC would play dirty.
Unfortunately, APC overwhelmed him with intense dirtiness during the past election.

People were gearing up to protest, which nobody can say for certain what or where the protest would had lead the country to.
He, Peter Obi calmed everybody down as we were meant to understand.

Now, far majority of Nigerians didn't vote for APC and they are tired with the way Tinubu is dishing out policies that are choking the mases .

If The court upholds Tinubu's candidacy by going against the constitution, because Olanipekun defence on ABJ 25% is weak, no matter how much you hype him.

Nigerians would take to the streets, because 2027 is way too far.
You can only go on the streets in the SE.
SW...very few people might join because of a very few Yoruba left with the Obidient after they showed their bigotry and the population of Igbos in SW.
North?
You wan die?
The case has been a lacklustre one handled by mediocre lawyers from Obi's camp.
I have repeatedly said that the case is DOA.
It is meant for the dustbin.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Igwe9(m): 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2023
Philgafauto:

Go back and read the gibberish you have up there for lots of grammatical and spelling errors. How would you know a good grammar when you too can not write correctly?

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Abbeytoy(m): 9:44pm On Jul 21, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Well OP is a hardcore Obidients or at least used to be grin

He is saying the bitter truth.

Agbado in his pocket, no one can tell us otherwise grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Christistruth03: 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2023
From Peter Obi's body Language you can already see that he knows he lost the Election
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Newton2024: 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
Philgafauto:

You are happy or you are sad? A yoruba Muslim like supposed to be sad at Obi's response. Tinubu's time is almost up believe me.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by SenatePresdo(m): 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2023
Putinofrussia:

You can only go on the streets in the SE.
SW...very few people might join because of a very few Yoruba left with the Obidient after they showed their bigotry and the population of Igbos in SW.
North?
You wan die?
The case has been a lacklustre one handled by mediocre lawyers from Obi's camp.
I have repeatedly said that the case is DOA.
It is meant for the dustbin.

North? That's where the protest would even start.
It may not be for Obi, but for the intense hardship in the land as a result of Energy price.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by SenatePresdo(m): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2023
RecentHistory:

Nigerians didn't vote Tinubu?
I laugh at the stupidity of you Obidients.

See, in the 2 states Tinubu lost in the SW, if you add the votes Tinubu had in both states, he's the highest scorer between Tinubu, Atiku and Obi.

You guys need to be taught a lesson on the streets so your doubts can be cleared once and for all.
So, if them born you Obidients well, come out and cause trouble.

Both Atiku's voters and Obi's voters are bigger in number than Tinubu's voters, are you also arguing that ?
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by Philgafauto: 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2023
Newton2024:
You are happy or you are sad? A yoruba Muslim like supposed to be sad at Obi's response. Tinubu's time is almost up believe me.

I am a Yoruba Christian. It seems you dont know how valiantly i have fought for Christian rights on this platform. I fought until some of my fellow Yorubas started calling me IPOB.

Check my profile.
Re: I Am Not Happy With The Quality Of Peter Obi's Reply Written Address by feedthenation(m): 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2023
--Regardless of the PEPT verdict---the election petition would eventually end up in the Supreme Court at some stage in the new year---which means PBAT still remains President and C-in-C until further notice---

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abdulsalami Wanted Obj Killed – Al-mustapha / Seun And The Mods Ban These Cloned Monikers Baccanista And Sincerenigerian OR... / Die Hard Fan - i Can't Be Alive And See Buhari Fail Again (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.