Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row (16673 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets Ramaphosa, Advisory Council Over South African Economy / Oby Ezekwesili Faults Economy For Beggarly Attitude Of Gatemen, Security Guards / Oyo: Ajimobi Reacts As PDP’s Makinde Maintains Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by very4tune8: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2023
Let me talk like Tinubu, na statistics we go chop? grin

Yeye people, this is the kind of information they will keep dishing out to keep their gullible fans happy.

Me dancing Emì lo kàn right now$$$$ cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Kemadealadire(f): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2023
But standard of living is on reverse🙄

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by ClearFlair: 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Galaxyss(m): 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2023
Largest economy or population The largest economy, yet the population are managing life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by ClearFlair: 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2023
helinues:
Nice one

Hope this news won't make some people to shit their intestines tonight as good news dey make dem dey purge

Agbado people wey no even get anything to shit nko? Hunger don empty their stomach already 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by seguno2: 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2023
GboyegaD:
When GDP doesn't translate to living standards, it makes no meaning. Biggest economy in Africa is just the sum of total production and the level of poverty we have witnessed is alarming implying the rich are getting richer and the poor much more poorer than we can imagine.

I truly do not see this as a worthy news in our case.

True talk.

What is biggest economy without 24/7 stable electricity that Fashola and APC promised to deliver in six months if the people kick out PDP? The people did their own part but Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola and APC failed to do their own part.

To have stable electricity, vote out PDP – Fashola

July 11, 2014

He said,” Yes I agree with you that it is possible to generate electricity and to make sure that everybody in this country has electricity, we have to do the right thing. But you know what, the only way that you and I will have electricity in this country will be to vote out the PDP.

https://thenationonlineng.net/to-have-stable-electricity-vote-out-pdp-fashola/
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by grandstar(m): 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2023
MXrep:

Ghana is barely 30 million. Meanwhile Egypt with 110 million is far ahead GDP per capita

That is my argument.

If only Buhari had left many of the policies he inherited intact, Nigeria's GDP would probably be at least 50% bigger.

If the GDP was $500bn in 2013 and he achieved a 5% average yearly growth rate, the economy would be $750bn by now.

If it averaged 6% it did from 1999-2013, the economy would be about $800bn

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by MasterTeeUSA: 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2023
They can all try...we have removed subsidy...the amount of remittances that will be announced next month will shut the naysayers...you can send into Naira account now...the Economy is about to accelerate. Quote me a year from now lol

FreeStuffsNG:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/07/21/nigeria-maintains-largest-african-economy-for-fifth-year-in-a-row-as-egypt-catches-up/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by ahaz: 7:41pm On Jul 21, 2023
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by izubext007: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2023
rubish
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by ahaz: 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2023
MXrep:

Na south west people like to deceive themselves with this kind news. The number of poor people in Nigeria is larger than the population of Egypt but na GDP wey foreigners de create dem de use decieve themselves

Very soon dem go begin cry for radio
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Omoawoke: 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Greatest Nigeria! Ghana is still behind my Lagos state. Those who have contributed nothing to this will not understand wink Check my signature for free stuffs!

Lagos did not achieve this alone.
Every hardworking Nigerians made it possible, from south to north

God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Menclothing: 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2023
With our population I will only celebrate if we had half of USA GDP

We have plenty rich people in Nigeria

But poverty rate is too high 120m
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Weathered: 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2023
helinues:

If high GDP doesn't translate to high living standards, seh na low GDP will improve standard of living?

undecided
a country's standard or living and middle class earners car calculated by GPD per capita and PPP (purchasing power parity)

And Nigeria is no 13 iin Africa in this very important development index.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by SmartPolician: 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2023
MXrep:

Ghana is barely 30 million. Meanwhile Egypt with 110 million is far ahead GDP per capita

When I see Singapore whose population is not up to 7 million having a GDP of over $300 billion, it makes me jittery. That's nearly the same GDP as Nigéria, a country of over 200 million people. We need to understudy these Asians and apply what they are getting right.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Gboom: 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2023
If some yeye businessmen cum politicians are not importing petroleum products and home-made goods like toothpick, matches and other scrap materials into and allow home based countries to grow, the GDP will rise tremendously.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by UNDFTD: 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2023
Nigeria remains the largest African economy with a nominal GDP of $477.4 billion.

And what's the point? You have the largest economy in Africa and yet you're the poverty capital of the world. So, what benefit is it to your citizens that their country has the largest economy in Africa but yet they are living in abject poverty even worse than those whose countries do NOT even rank? Just like you tout your country as the MOST populous country in Africa and yet your population is a curse NOT a blessing. In fact, you are big for NOTHING in all aspects!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by HacheNoire: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2023
God bless Asiwaju
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by WeirdAlien: 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2023
helinues:

If high GDP doesn't translate to high living standards, seh na low GDP will improve standard of living?

undecided

Find out the meaning of GDP per capita. Thank me later.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by TinubuGoQuench(f): 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2023
helinues:

undecided

Shut up!!! You know nothing.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by RepoMan007: 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2023
The midget continent.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by jaafree: 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2023
This is the very reason Nigerians are suffering, the government are busy competing with developed countries economy and doesn't care whether people live or die.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 21, 2023
How exactly does the large economy affect the price of garri in the market.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Naijanascam: 8:13pm On Jul 21, 2023
helinues:
Nice one

Hope this news won't make some people to shit their intestines tonight as good news dey make dem dey purge

It's high time you move out from that your remotest part of the waste and face reality.......
You are jubilating even when you are not sure of what to eat the in next meal time.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Nicoddemus(m): 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
And still maintains poverty capital of the world. What an irony
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by gidgiddy: 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2023
helinues:

What's the business of a Biafran patriot with Nigeria matter?

Thats a remarkable question from someone who is on every Biafran thread, talking trash
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by MTNnews: 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2023
Obviously but if the data says Biafra is the largest economy even in Nnewi nobody go hear word again for this universe

gidgiddy:
I never understood this useless title of "Africas biggest economy" if the vast majority of the people are suffering

Na title we go chop?
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by gidgiddy: 8:29pm On Jul 21, 2023
MTNnews:
Obviously but if the data says Biafra is the largest economy even in Nnewi nobody go hear word again for this universe

If it was Biafra, there woukd be no noise, we are not part of Nigeria any more

The noise always has to do with people fighting inside "one Nigeria"
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Ubdavis(m): 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2023
For paper
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Believeintruth: 8:38pm On Jul 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Greatest Nigeria! Ghana is still behind my Lagos state. Those who have contributed nothing to this will not understand wink Check my signature for free stuffs!

Oga just shut up abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun 2018: Two Governorship Candidates Emerge In SDP / Jackson Ojo: Buhari Will Handover To Northerner In 2023 ― APC Chieftain / Osinbajo: Nigeria Runs An Expensive Government, There’s Need For National Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.