Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row (16701 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets Ramaphosa, Advisory Council Over South African Economy / Oby Ezekwesili Faults Economy For Beggarly Attitude Of Gatemen, Security Guards / Oyo: Ajimobi Reacts As PDP’s Makinde Maintains Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by RepoMan007: 8:02am On Jul 22, 2023
Nigeria is like a man with fat salary among others with small salary but with the most malnourished kids. His fat salary is burdened by a huge family and he thinks he is better than lower earners with better standard of living.

This is sovereign vanity OP.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by iammolise(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2023
If only this feet can reflect in the standard of living of it's citizens.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by millionboi2: 10:56am On Jul 22, 2023
Savedday2:
Ashawo no dey finish for 9ja. All of them na the same.

The fact say you never catch ur wife/GF dey do ashawo no mean say she no dey do ashawo codedly
oga go marry and stop typing rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by OmoGomesIlorin: 11:56am On Jul 22, 2023
nedu666:
According to the report Nigerian economy grew by 8% last year. How can an economy grow by 8% and the citizens did not feel the impact.

That was because only the hardworking people are making progress.
lazy people are busy complaining, making it hard for the hardworking to move the country forward
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Extremekofoshi: 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
helinues:
Nice one

Hope this news won't make some people to shit their intestines tonight as good news dey make dem dey purge

Won o ni bo nbe, hateful lots.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Extremekofoshi: 1:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
ezechi242:

some people keeps deceiving themselves and still refuse to have sense, so i bet this lies will help you to but the 1 cup of garri you'd soak this night right.

People needs to stop getting unecessarily emotional, the world is not anyone's oyster.
Anybody wey carry load wey pass am must complain.
Last last Nigerians go know, why China no dey born pass one pikin.
In the law of existence or should I say wheel of life, adaptation is key to survival.
Those who cannot adapt to the constant changing times, will have no one but themselves to blame.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Extremekofoshi: 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
nedu666:
According to the report Nigerian economy grew by 8% last year. How can an economy grow by 8% and the citizens did not feel the impact.

Tell the citizens to stop accumulation of bags and baggages, especially men
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Extremekofoshi: 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2023
jmoore:
GDP per capita for Egypt is 4,088 dollars.

GDP per capita for Nigeria is 2,445 dollars.

What is the population of Egypt?
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Extremekofoshi: 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2023
SmartPolician:

When I see Singapore whose population is not up to 7 million having a GDP of over $300 billion, it makes me jittery. That's nearly the same GDP as Nigéria, a country of over 200 million people. We need to understudy these Asians and apply what they are getting right.

Guy if you tell them the truth they will call for your head.
Nigeria is like a labourer with five wives and 20 children, how he wan do am.
And the vicious cycle continues, untill providence steps in.
No be today, e don tey.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Extremekofoshi: 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2023
amorprincesa:
Nigeria's population is too massive. It will not allow GDP per Capita to make sense.

You get time.
Ignore their soapy tears.
Imagine, person wey don born five hungry mouths, e go still impregnate him wife, or even a dumb side chick.
Last last family go gather to pay hospital bill when him wife or side chick born another baby.
Make God forgive me, I no dey pity dem.
Even at gun point, dem no suppose commit such blunder.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Swanzi(m): 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Greatest Nigeria! Ghana is still behind my Lagos state. Those who have contributed nothing to this will not understand wink Check my signature for free stuffs!

The number of Lagosians in abject poverty alone is more than the entire population of Ghana kiss the truth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by masterduba(m): 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2023
GboyegaD:
When GDP doesn't translate to living standards, it makes no meaning. Biggest economy in Africa is just the sum of total production and the level of poverty we have witnessed is alarming implying the rich are getting richer and the poor much more poorer than we can imagine.

I truly do not see this as a worthy news in our case.

True.
With a GDP per capita of $2,200 per individual, we are underutilising our massive population. Singapore, a city-state with a population of 5 million has a GDP per capita of $83,000 per individual. Each person generates $83,000 in a calendar year. Their story becomes incredibly spectacular whenever I recall that they gained independence from Britain in 1965.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by patorial(m): 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2023
MXrep:

Na south west people like to deceive themselves with this kind news. The number of poor people in Nigeria is larger than the population of Egypt but na GDP wey foreigners de create dem de use decieve themselves

GDP doesn't consider the poverty nature of a country, but the riches.

GDP is about the Rich getting richer or poorer.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by patorial(m): 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2023
masterduba:

True.
With a GDP per capita of $2,200 per individual, we are underutilising our massive population. Singapore, a city-state with a population of 5 million has a GDP per capita of $83,000 per individual. Each person generates $83,000 in a calendar year. Their story becomes incredibly spectacular whenever I recall that they gained independence from Britain in 1965.

I don't think connecting the Singapore's independence from the Britain with their GDP is right,but the break away from Malaysia.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by emmaodet: 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2023
If Nigeria has the biggest economy in Africa despite grade A poverty in the country then it speaks volume about the vast poverty in Africa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Abubkr98: 7:38am On Jul 23, 2023
Worth noting, And mass poverty for years to come.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by Abubkr98: 7:39am On Jul 23, 2023
Abubkr98:
Worth noting, And mass poverty for years to come.
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by benjanny(m): 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2023
Scam
Re: Nigeria Maintains Largest African Economy For Fifth Year In A Row by masterduba(m): 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2023
patorial:

I don't think connecting the Singapore's independence from the Britain with their GDP is right,but the break away from Malaysia.

Nigeria gained independence from Britain in 1960. On paper, our sovereignty and resource profile should make us the more prosperous country, but we aren't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DHQ, NAF Mum Over Indian Fugitive Cleric’s Fraternity With Personnel / Chibok Girls Campaigners Storm Aso Rock Today / Oyo Jailbreak: 13 Fleeing Oyo Inmates Rearrested In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.