Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? (8376 Views)

President Buhari Stands Tall Amongst West African Leaders (photos) / Nigeria At 54: Nigerian Leaders So Far. / Just (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2011
igbo2011:

But the thing is that most Nigerians don't know what whites did to us in the past.  When whites come to Nigeria Nigerians treat them like kings and queens and treat each other like slaves.  This mindset must change.  But we need to get of NL and do something about it.  We need to change this education system.

What is bad about the current education system in Nigeria?  Why is it bad, what do they teach?

About the European scenario, we all have our bit to do, therefore, the next time you see that type of treatment, walk up to the scene and tell them the TRUTH.

As for your question about what is bad about the current education system in Nigeria, well nothing & everything.

Nothing as in Nigeria has one of the highest quality educational sysytem i've ever come across.

Everything as in Nigeria is amongst one of the  only countries in the elite groups of literacy that operates in a foreign language. And this my friend is a very big problem. The arguement that there are too many languages to choose from doesnt wash because India has more language variations than Nigeria and they worked a way out.

What do we teach our children about history?

We teach them lies, lies that we were taught and we transfer these same lies to our children. The problem is simple, Africa doesnt need Europe or America for anything whatsover.  The problem the language barrier creates are humongus and is exasperated over the process that sees the greedy bastards come into our shores to pick-up our talents. There are dozens of Nigerian scientist in NASA if they only spoke and were taught in Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba it would be a different case. All the great powers of the world educate themselves in their local languages it was an ancient form of defence, so that foreigners dont steal their ideas. Today the same thing is applicable.

For more info try reading Blacks in science: ancient and modern By Ivan Van Sertima

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2011
In the case of Nigerian education, all we need to change is the language in which its taught. It something that should be done gradually and efficiently. It could actually take years to completely overhaul but it will be worth the effort.

Here is a model that could take the place of the present educational system.

Syllables: (Unchanged) Determined by the Ministry of Education with respect to the goals and aims of the given time.
Language:

A: If you reside in areas that have been degnated under this belt, all your classes will be taught in Hausa (including tertiary education)

B: If you reside in areas that have been degnated under this belt, all your classes will be taught in Ibo (including tertiary education)

C: If you reside in areas that have been degnated under this belt, all your classes will be taught in Yoruba (including tertiary education)

Last year in primary school, every pupil living in a designated region must take that subject compulsary; further more they will be given a choice from one of the other two.

e.g Pupil A will take Hausa as a compulsary subject and has to further take either Ibo or Yoruba as an elective.

In the first year up until the penultimate year of secondary school education the same scenario that applies above is implemented.

What you will find with this theory is that, at a certain point, everybody that has passed through the educational system should be able to speak and write in at least two out of the three major languages.

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2011
@Amujale
You are very smart. Thank you for the book by Ivan. I just watched a video on Youtube about him and it was amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAW4XpCgvY4

I am going to buy the book ASAP. This conversation is making me want to get into the book business. I can manufacture books in Nigeria about the true history of Nigeria. I can also translate books into hausa, igbo, or yoruba. This will create jobs and give people knowledge of their own history. Even get language books so people can learn their language.

Amujale you need to find a spot on the education ministry. Your model is great. But I have to add that we must go deep into Afrian history. We must have a year dedicated to ancient Egypt because it was so para mental to the world we live in today. Also years dedicated to the other great kingdoms around Africa. We need to focus less on European and American history. The only thing we teach the children are the atrocities that they did around the world. This will stop making blacks look up to whites. We should o world history too and talk about how the Japanese made it to be big and what China is doing now.

We must also stop doing Christianity and expel missionaries. Most of them look down on Africans and want o enslave our minds. The enslave of a mind is almost worse then physical slavery. Now most blacks on't even know we are enslaved. The Japanese were bombed (physical) but they bounced back and they are a world power. We are mentally enslaved and we just kill each other instead of working with each other.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2011
igbo2011:

This conversation is making me want to get into the book business.  I can manufacture books in Nigeria about the true history of Nigeria.  I can also translate books into hausa, igbo, or yoruba. This will create jobs and give people knowledge of their own history.  Even get language books so people can learn their language.

Totally! Go for it! We all need to do our part
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2011
igbo2011:

I just watched a video on Youtube, :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAW4XpCgvY4

we must go deep into Afrian history.  We must have a year dedicated to ancient Egypt because it was so para mental to the world we live in today.  Also years dedicated to the other great kingdoms around Africa.  We need to focus less on European and American history.  The only thing we teach the children are the atrocities that they did around the world. This will stop making blacks look up to whites.  We should o world history too and talk about how the Japanese made it to be big and what China is doing now.

We must also stop doing Christianity and expel missionaries. Most of them look down on Africans and want o enslave our minds.  The enslave of a mind is almost worse then physical slavery.  Now most blacks on't even know we are enslaved. The Japanese were bombed (physical) but they bounced back and they are a world power.  We are mentally enslaved and we just kill each other instead of working with each other.

Yes, igbo2011, i think  its ignorance with a twist, many Africans adore Europeans and White Americans when in actual fact they (Europeans and White Americans) in turn hate black Africans with a passion.

When you talk to some black Africans about slavery they go on about how many slave traders where Africans.
Yet, the crimes that took place in the 16-18th century had little to do with TRADE but everything to do with CRIME. European crusaders sent missionaries to spy on us and they found we were living in complete WEALTH.

When the crusaders touched down they created a false story (one that is being told till today) of how they met animalistic and unintelligent entities living on trees. These were the lies they wrote down and kept as records, the records that we had in the form of artefacts were stolen, some were destroyed on the spot, some were confiscated and some were hidden away never to be talked about again,  Well untill NOW, we have been working extensively on a grand black African research database that will be preserved for future referencing (this is not for the here and now) and our hope is that the next generation will inherit this and carry it through. All the artefacts that are scattered around in different museums are meant for one place and one place only,  HOME. These are the missing links to black African history, because we have found a great deal that we can quite easily say that black Africans were the first ever civilisation in the world.

Ancient Egyptian technology was influenced by black Africans, they were called the Kemets (and they werent even the first civilisation)

Also the notion that the first black Africans to set foot on American soil were passengers on a slave ship is utterly and completely wrong. Because we now have sufficient evidence that puts black Africans trading with the communities in the Americas during dates as far back as 3100 BCE.
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by kasiem(m): 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2011
@igbo2011 and amujale. U guys have really bedazzled me; can i meet u guys on fb?
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by stmarc32(m): 11:19pm On Oct 08, 2011
The only way Africa will change is when we start to love ourselves and not aspire to be western. Take a look at the Kalahari bushmen, Pharmaceutical companies pay royalties to this tribe yearly to study how they live , what they eat e.t.c to further use to exploit others, but Africans have no interest in this , they'd rather buy panadol and neurofen because its been inculcated in them that the African way is uncivilized and barbaric,

I hope African women also wake up because i think they r the key to any change that will happen in Africa, they should start to see Christianity for what it really is and inoculate in their kids African culture, history and hatred for western ideologies that have undermined our very existence
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 1:16am On Oct 09, 2011
@kasiem [url]http://www.facebook.com/amujale
[/url]

stmarc32:

The only way Africa will change is when we start to love ourselves and not aspire to be western. Take a look at the Kalahari bushmen, Pharmaceutical companies pay royalties to this tribe yearly to study how they live , what they eat e.t.c to further use to exploit others, but Africans have no interest in this , they'd rather buy panadol and neurofen because its been inculcated in them that the African way is uncivilized and barbaric,

I hear you, and you are absolutely right; what we take for granted is what other societies would kill to have even an ounce.

stmarc32:

I hope African women also wake up because i think they r the key to any change that will happen in Africa, they should start to see Christianity for what it really is and inoculate in their kids  African culture, history and hatred for western ideologies that have undermined our very existence

Totally! We all need to wake-up, man, woman, old & young; we have been lied to and their lies have been exposed. It's no wonder why Europeans hate black Africans; they used to worship the ground that we walked, we were so advanced that they thought we were super-human. All the ancient civilisations depict black Africans as the dominating force and the Europeans languishing in the background.

The question that always arises is why or how did we loose our iron grip on the rest of humanity; the answer is that black Africans never had an iron grip on humanity, we lived a "simple life" our ancestors didnt feel the need to bully the Europeans just because we were stronger and more advanced than they were. Most modern day historians conclude that our ancestors were complicit, they never believed that they could be surpased; that is why there still remains a burning question as in, what really happened during the melt down of an era of advanced beings depicted during times that pre-date the Egyptian dynasties.

This is why we need all the stolen artefacts that has been scatered all around the Western museums, they hold many of the answers that remain unsolved. And hopefully we will continue to find sites that contain data and fossils from those early days.

Be in no doubt thes guys were advanced, they could circumnavigate, they had the capability to determine specific astrological data (a feat that took NASA the best part of 20years to achieve); they knew how to forge tools out of 100% steel e.t.c. We even came across a model of some sort of flying machine somewhere in the continent (although it was in its experimental stages and was never actually launched) that the ancients were working upon.

Another thing is that modern Egyptians are not the real Egyptians, they are imposters that migrated from the middle east (Moor + Berber = Modern Egyptian). Ancient Egyptians were chiefly black. The first Egyptian pharoahs was black, so was the second and the third and fourth, and the fifth alike,  In those days the land was called Kemet (which translates to land of the black).
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by logic101: 1:32am On Oct 09, 2011
great thread i would like to make my own contributions.
There are five key areas we need to get hold of
1.Education
2.Military
3.Economics
4.culture(religion,identity,means to solving our problems)
5.Concept of nationhood.

books to read.
frants fanonn the wretched of the earth
walter rodney how the west underdeveloped africa
cheikh anta diop the african origin of civilization
amos wilson power economics
ivan van sertima they came before columbus
any book on chinas history between 1600=2000
any book on japanes history between the same time frame
books on singapore
books on understanding how so called imf and worldbank operate

european history fromm 1500-present

geography books.

2.Military,

2 Likes

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 1:49am On Oct 09, 2011
@kaziem
email me igbo2011@gmail.com

@Amujale
Dang man you know your history. But why did the Arabs invade north Africa? You are righ t many egyptians look like they have black in them too with the dark skin on some. Also, Europeans try to say that aliens built told Africans how to build the pyramids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrYiiqGBWe0

logic101:

books to read.
frants fanonn the wretched of the earth
walter rodney how the west underdeveloped africa
cheikh anta diop the african origin of civilization
amos wilson power economics
ivan van sertima they came before columbus
any book on chinas history between 1600=2000
any book on japanes history between the same time frame
books on singapore
books on understanding how so called imf and worldbank operate

On the IMF and World Bank, the books to read are bad samartians by ha joon chang, globalization and its discontents joseph stiglitz dead aid Dambisa moyo (about foreign aid). Watch this documentary called end of poverty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4aKb-fAyuw&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL287D01973C976EF6

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by EgbonOlu: 10:48am On Oct 09, 2011
African leaders are so easy to influence because they are stupid, feeble-minded people. They have no good plans for both their father and mother land but to loot their homeland's wealth for the development of the Western countries, The logic is so simple, dance to the Western countries' tune and you're covered or go against them and you loose all you have in your foreign accounts. There is no saint in the White house of the U.S, nor is there any angel in the Western governments but they will never loot their economy and take it to Africa to keep, We don't have leaders !
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 11:40am On Oct 09, 2011
@igbo2011: I think the Arabs invaded North Africa as a direct consequence of the  Islamic crusade. However, the result of the first generation of  cross-breeding in that region resulted in what are known as the Moors (comprising of Berber, Black and Arabian people). The Moors went on to become a dominate force in that region and not only continued the Egyptian dominace but conquered many parts of Southern Europe. Although it wasnt the Arabs that conquered southern Europe, historians still knowingly credit it to them. Although i'm still fascinated with the story of the Berber people unravelling this would make clearer much of North Africa's recent history.

Btw, that alien video was quite informative; many European/White American historians either know the truth but will not tell it or are simply ignorant. The only extras that were living in that era were our ancestors. They were extra-intelligent IMAO

@Egbon Olu: Yes o, ACTION is what we deserve. All the corrupt politicians must be ousted and replaced with citizens that have the betterment of their countries at heart. We dont expect politicians to grow into supermen or superwomen (although that would serriously help  grin) but atleast we dont ask too much if we expect them to have the Nation's development  (and NOT their pocketss) as their number one priority.

Its time to discard away with wishful thinking like "one day things will change" (and substitute with raw ACTION) things like this dont change overnight, rather,  they have to "be" changed. We are the ones that needs to change so that we can  work towards bringing  about the [b]change [/b]we deserve.

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 12:29pm On Oct 09, 2011
"The only extras that were living in that era were our ancestors. They were extra-intelligent IMAO"
lol good line. Nigeria needs a revolution if things are not better by next year.We need to see roads and power by then. But I honestly think things are getting better. Many more hotels are popping up due to tourism. Power is getting a little better so more people can hire more. Roads are still bad but in some states like akwa ibom they are good. Lagos is building a train system just like onitsha and enugu (http://www.globim.com/enugu.html). New =cities are being built (Eko Atlantic City, New Anam City, Warri Industrial Park, New Kaduna CIty, Rainbow City, More abuja development) etc. Also, we elected our presdients democratically (hopefully it wasn't rigged).

The main thing is EDUCATING EVERYONE because people like boko haram are illiterate. We need to stop tribalism and just work to develop Nigeria. I made a list of things that everyone can do to help: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=773559.msg9264781#msg9264781

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Kobojunkie: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2011
Egbon Olu:

African leaders are so easy to influence because they are silly, feeble-minded people. They have no good plans for both their father and mother land but to loot their homeland's wealth for the development of the Western countries,  The logic is so simple, dance to the Western countries' tune and you're covered or go against them and you loose all you have in your foreign accounts. There is no saint in the White house of the U.S, nor is there any angel in the Western governments but they will never loot their economy and take it to Africa to keep,  We don't have leaders !

Hey Why offer such simplistic and OBVIOUS explanations for the situation when this crowd prefers to subscribe to answers that build layer upon layer of complexities, no matter how illogical and moronic, into the answering of this simple question?  Throw in some elements of blackpower, aliens, ,mind probes, etc and you might get a rise out of them. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by SNCOQ3(m): 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2011
* Christianity originated from the Middle East not the invention of the West.

* If we decided to be influenced by the messenger(western missionaries with their flaws) not the message(the bible); it is our problem. Please let us take responsibility.

* When our ancestors at first contact with oyinbo where struck in awe of the color of their skin, mirror, dress, whose fault is it. Please let us take responsibility.

* The missionaries did not only taught you english. We also learnt math and the sciences; what did we do with it?? Please let us take responsibility.

* The bible commands christians to be loyal to their goverment and judges tyrants and goverment that doesn't put its people first. bowing to foreigners against the interest of its citizen is allien to the bible.

* The central message of christianity is: Jesus is the only way to God, Love God with all your heart, Love your neighbor as yaself, do to others what u want them to do to u, husband love your wife, wife love your husband, how does this impede national development??

* Jesus says: ", observe the lillies see how they grow, " what does it imply? what is science? :The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena, is he not encouraging christains to study science? afterall Jesus is called the Logos Incarnate - "the Logic of God" incarnate.

* The bible calls all christians (black christians included) "Spiritual Jews". By implication:  Jews, the most advanced race in the world are not superior to a black christian, This is liberating not enslaving.

* When Jesus said "give unto ceasar what belongs to ceasar and to God, what is God ". According to Richard Wurmbrand; that is a word of revolution. Isreal belongs to God; their is nothing in isreal that belongs to ceasar the colonial master, usurper, thief by way of taxing. KICK HIM OUT!.

* christianity treasures cultural diversity. you can praise God in your language, native dance, native attire, musical instrument, you're free to translate the bible to your local dialect.

* The japanese closed their door against christianity but singapore, malaysia did't do that to attain greatness.

* In terms of slavery, persecution, struggle; need i compare the history of nigeria with the tiny people of isreal?, look at isreal today.

*  America was once colonized by the British, the brits by the Romans, the Romans by the Greeks, we ain't the only one. Please let us take responsibility.

* christianity did not instruct us to abandon our groundnut pyramid, cocoa, food security, solid minerals for only crude oil , ask Mr. Yakubu Gowon.

* The europeans were once idol worshippers like us, the bible from the middle east changed them for the better too. It never stood in the way of progress. Now Nigerians are on a missionary journey to morally bankrupt europe, changing their lives with the bible too, never heared about who owns the largest church in ukraine?
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 1:56pm On Oct 09, 2011
@igbo2011: Good list, its very accomodating even my grand-mother can do most of the stuff on there  smiley smiley smiley

@SNCOQ3: I dont give a hoot were christianity originated from because it doesnt concern me and has been the single most corrosive weapon that Europeans used against much of black Africa; even you are evidence of what i write.

SNCOQ3:

* Christianity originated from the Middle East not the invention of the West.

* If we decided to be influenced by the messenger(western missionaries with their flaws) not the message(the bible); it is our problem. Please let us take responsibility.

* When our ancestors at first contact with oyinbo where struck in awe of the color of their skin, mirror, dress, whose fault is it. Please let us take responsibility.

* The missionaries did not only taught you english. We also learnt math and the sciences; what did we do with it?? Please let us take responsibility.

Now, first off you are incorrect about the notion that when our forefathers/mothers saw oyinbo that they were in awe, thats complete nonsense.

It is nowadays that we have such a problem, because nowadays when we see a European/White American we become stupified by such a persons presence when instead we should be spitting and pissing on them for what their ancestors did and what their politicians are doing presently. I dont know about the rest of black Africa but in my region when they saw the Europeans they thought they were "mollatos".

Secondly, both the messengers and the message that was/is being transmitted is nonsensical and not fit for purpose. Again you are a good example of my theory.

Thirdly who asked to be taufght english? I dont remember anyone asking for the British to bring their death cages, hate campaigns, theft, trickery, fraudalent and murdurous activities to African shores. 

Mathematics and Science has always been an African thing, Africa is the cradle of humanity and civilisation. We had these things already, you cant give someone that which he/she already has. The missionaries were all part of the ploy, they were emmisaries and or spies working for the occupying government of the time. Missionaries are bad news for countries that they adopt.

Have you ever heard of missionaries in Russia, or in China or in Japan?  Ask yourself:

[list]
* What is the main mission of a missionary?
[/list]
[list]
* What has missionaries done in favour of countries in the African continent? 
[/list]
[list]
* Do you know what is contained in the data that missionaries send from the countries they are in to their country of origin?
[/list]
[list]
* Why is it that Africa countries are subject to the dispatch of missionaries?
[/list]

Instead of wasting your time trying to justify the crimes that the Europeans comitted on African soil, or trying to point accusing fingers close to home, try joining in building back what we are left with.

here's a list an NL member constructed: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=773559.msg9264781#msg9264781
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2011
SNCOQ3:

* In terms of slavery, persecution, struggle; need i compare the history of nigeria with the tiny people of isreal?, look at isreal today.

America gave Isreal BILLIONS of dollars for FREE. But America gives Nigeria BILLIONS of dollars but it is OWED BACK!! Do you see this difference? Isreal gets a grant Nigeria gets a loan. America gives Isreal a bunch of weapons to kill palestiians FOR FREE. Nigeria gets weapons from American and they PAY. Do you see the difference?

America is using Israel to spy on Middle Eastern countries. Isreal is right next to the Middle East. America has interests!

Also, the problem with Christianity is that many people will rather go to church to pray then to solve their problems. The way I see it, I don't pray to any prophets, I pray to Chukwu straight. The ultimate creator of this universe is Chukwu. I pray to and live on. I don't ask Chukwu for help because Chukwu gave me my own mind to do what I want.

Also, anybody could have written the bible. I can say that I talked to god yesterday and I write a scripture about it. Does that mean I am right? Did god make man, or did man make god? The way I see it, god made man, then man made up different gods. my god is Chukwu.

We are building more churches and mosques than schools and hospitals. Religion is BIG BUSINESS. Pastors make millions while the average Nigerian is poor.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by remoranger(m): 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2011
@kobojunkie, cant you make an intelligent argument without sounding uncouth and uncivilized?, its not compulsory to comment you know, besides why are you always arguing and posting? is there an award for the highest number of posts? or are you out of work?, #justsaying
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2011
Egbon Olu:

African leaders are so easy to influence because they are silly, feeble-minded people. They have no good plans for both their father and mother land but to loot their homeland's wealth for the development of the Western countries,  The logic is so simple, dance to the Western countries' tune and you're covered or go against them and you loose all you have in your foreign accounts. There is no saint in the White house of the U.S, nor is there any angel in the Western governments but they will never loot their economy and take it to Africa to keep,  We don't have leaders !

Hey Why offer such simplistic and OBVIOUS explanations for the situation when this crowd prefers to subscribe to answers that build layer upon layer of complexities, no matter how illogical and moronic, into the answering of this simple question?  Throw in some elements of blackpower, aliens, ,mind probes, etc and you might get a rise out of them. grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Naledi14(f): 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2011
Educate-yourself.org all you need to know about the CIA and NWO.
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2011
SNCOQ3:

igbo2011:

America gave Isreal BILLIONS of dollars for FREE.  But America gives Nigeria BILLIONS of dollars but it is OWED BACK!! Do you see this difference? Isreal gets a grant Nigeria gets a loan.  America gives Isreal a bunch of weapons to kill palestiians FOR FREE. Nigeria gets weapons from American and they PAY.  Do you see the difference?

America is using Israel to spy on Middle Eastern countries.  Isreal is right next to the Middle East.  America has interests!

Also, the problem with Christianity is that many people will rather go to church to pray then to solve their problems. The way I see it, I don't pray to any prophets, I pray to Chukwu straight. The ultimate creator of this universe is Chukwu.  I pray to and live on.  I don't ask Chukwu for help because Chukwu gave me my own mind to do what I want.

We are building more churches and mosques than schools and hospitals.  Religion is BIG BUSINESS.  Pastors make millions while the average Nigerian is poor.

If i may add also, do you know the history of the Israelis?

The state of Israel is a product of the UN, that is to say the state of Israel didnt exist until 1947 when the UN agreed to partition a part of Palestine in order to accomodate Jews from all around the world (i'm not going to go into the entire history) after Europe's ordeal with the German Field marshall known commonly as Hitler.

Like the above poster suggest, Nigeria has nothing in common with  Israel; and as for your argument about aid, how much do you think American & European companies make off the back of exploiting our minerals, resources and cash crops?  

Let me shed more light on this issue: America, Britain and their cronies claim to give AID to countries like Nigeria but exploit 1000 fold in return.
Its tantamount to robbing someone of N1,000,000 at the dead of night and then visiting the same person in the morning with a cheque of N1,000 and broadcasting to everyone " look at me i am generous";  if you do the math you will find that infact the robber is N999,000 in credit; i'm afraid this is how these countries operate.

Now lets take agriculture for example, You only need ask the cash-crop farmers themselves what the situation is and they will tell you.

To sell to the West, you have to accept certain terms and conditions, these T&C's could be that you have to purchase fertilizers from them or anything. So at the end of the transaction, the farmers are left with little or nothing as their profit.

In short it is the Americans and Europeans that determine what price our farmers are to sell the crops that they themselves planted. And some stores in the West have the audacity to label thier products as fair trade.

Apart from South Africa, i do not think there is any other African country that enjoys anything fair in their dealings with the Europeans/Americans. There used to be two countries; but the other one is under dismantle by the same usual culprits as we text.
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2011
Amujale:

I\

Now lets take agriculture for example, Just go and ask the cash-crop farmers what the situation is and they will tell you. To sell to the West, you have to accept certain terms and conditions, these T&C's could be that you have to purchase fertilizers from them or anything. So at the end of the transaction, the farmers are left with little or nothing as their profit. In short it is the Americans and Europeans that determine what price our farmers are to sell the crops that they themselves planted. And some stores in the West have the audacity to label thier products as fair trade. Apart from South Africa, i do not think there is any other African country that enjoys anything fair in their dealings with the Europeans/Americans. There used to be two countries; but the other one is under dismantle by the same usual culprits as we text.

America/ Europe are nicer to South Africa because they share the same color so they are a bit nicer than African countries. But it is not about color beause they are doing this to greece, argentina, most of Eastern Europe. Black leaders make it too easy that is why I madee this thread. Atleast the Asians and south Americans fought back. Hilary Clinton tells Goodluck to do everything and he says "Yes Ma"

Also what are the T and Cs to selling to the west? There needs to be something like OPEC for African farmers. We need to do more intra African trade. ECOWAS needs to get bigger. We need to trade some our stuff to ghana for exchange of their products. But the main thing is that many African countries don't produce anything. We must start asking business people where is this product made? Start buying things made in Nigeria or Africa.

We need to hire Nigerian engineers more. If nobody is good enough hire an outsider for 2 years and have Nigerians be his apprentice. Then after the foreigner leaves the Nigerians can do the work. Nigerian apprentice program would be great for the country. The Apprentices can be paid money. Maybe this program can be given to students for entry level jobs.

We are making cars and motorcycles, this is a great start. Now we must make computers, software, TVs, furniture, chairs, personal products etc. This will make the prices of these products go down (due to less shipping expense) so more people will have money in their pocket. With the improved jobs means a bigger middle class. A big middle class means less crime so people would be developed.

It is all about technology transfer. We transferred our technology to the whites 2000 years ago and they made the Pythagorean theory. We aught them medicine, astrology, etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2011
igbo2011:

America/ Europe are nicer to South Africa because they share the same color so they are a bit nicer than African countries.  But it is not about color beause they are doing this to greece, argentina, most of Eastern Europe.  Black leaders make it too easy that is why I madee this thread.  Atleast the Asians and south Americans fought back.  Hilary Clinton tells Goodluck to do everything and he says "Yes Ma"

Totally! And also, South Africa are a Nuclear Power
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2011
igbo2011:

Also what are the T and Cs to selling to the west? There needs to be something like OPEC for African farmers. We need to do more intra African trade. ECOWAS needs to get bigger. We need to trade some our stuff to ghana for exchange of their products. But the main thing is that many African countries don't produce anything. We must start asking business people where is this product made? Start buying things made in Nigeria or Africa.

I like your line of thinking, its quite inspiring.

The T & C's (Terms & Conditions) are also born out of draconian PACTs that our politicians refuse to fight against. ECOWAS will get bigger for sure, but politics need to change their too.
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2011
igbo2011:

We need to hire Nigerian engineers more.  If nobody is good enough hire an outsider for 2 years and have Nigerians be his apprentice.  Then after the foreigner leaves the Nigerians can do the work.  Nigerian apprentice program would be great for the country.  The Apprentices can be paid money.  Maybe this program can be given to students for entry level jobs.

We are making cars and motorcycles, this is a great start.  Now we must make computers, software, TVs, furniture, chairs, personal products etc.  This will make the prices of these products go down (due to less shipping expense) so more people will have money in their pocket.  With the improved jobs means a bigger middle class.  A big middle class means less crime so people would be developed. 

It is all about technology transfer.  We transferred our technology to the whites 2000 years ago and they made the Pythagorean theory.  We aught them medicine, astrology, etc. 

We also need to be able to pin down our talents so that they can lend their expertise locally, nationalise all our oil refinaries and money earning inductries. We (Nigerians) should be calling the shots on our own property.

a^2 + b^2 = c^2

Btw Pythagoras wasnt even the original mind behind this theorem; it was an unknown Egyptian. Thats another thing we've learnt about the Europeans, we cant even trust them to narate their[b] own[/b] history without lieing about it.

Many (not all) of the ancient greeks that are known as father of this, that an the other are bogus claims that one should approach with microscopic lenses.

We now know that even Pythagoras (although we dont dispute that he was a great mathemnatician; thats beside the point) took credit for a breakthrough in mathematics that wasnt really his to take credit. . .

It has been revealed that many Greeks use to pilgramage to Egypt as students of the great minds of that time and Pythagoras was no exception. The killing evidence of this was found somewhere in the continent and the shocking thing is that the scripts pre-dates even pythagoras himself (i'm not suggesting that Aristotle was a fraud but we have a list of about atleast fifty ancient greek philosophers that have been proven to be nothing but frauds and Pythagoras was one of them) A famous Roman once said if you could write a book of a thousand pages, you couldnt fit the names of the Greeks that visited Egypt.

For more info check: Civilization before Greece and Rome:
[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC_cyL4VF6o[/flash]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RC_cyL4VF6o
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by SNCOQ3(m): 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2011
@Amujale

My point is:

Christianity is not responsible for our national shame. You may hate it but i am committed to it because it liberates not enslave. Let me explain: I refused to go to church today cos i am fed up of preachers twisting the word of Jesus out of context to suit their need. How did i know this? cos i read the bible - it liberates not enslave. I am not going back to ancestral worship -some of them sold their own into slavery for gunpowder, mirror, beads anyway.

If you read my previous post carefully, u'l discover that i am not absolving the europeans of crime. but i recognize that our own "leaders" have done greater harm to us - Lets focus our energy on our leaders if we have to attack.

And oh yes, I do not esteem english above our languages but adding a foreign language to your portfolio of local languages has its advantages. Math and science is universal, that i know but even the europeans expanded their knowledge of maths from around the world, we learnt from them too. Again the point is:Christianity is not responsible for our national shame.

Thanks for posting the link though. , I am currently developing what I consider an innovative programme code-named : “Project
SNCOQ3”. The idea is to influence the culture of the young from: “the pride of owning an XBox”  to “I take pride in MAKING my own custom game console”.
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by youngmonie: 5:49pm On Oct 09, 2011
We'll cut your aid if you persecute man-loving-men, Britain warns African nations

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2046965/Well-cut-aid-persecute-man-loving-men-Britain-warns-African-nations.html#ixzz1aIuoaxOF

This is  one very good example,

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2011
SNCOQ3:

Thanks for posting the link though. , I am currently developing what I consider an innovative programme code-named : “Project
SNCOQ3”. The idea is to influence the culture of the young from: “the pride of owning an XBox”  to “I take pride in MAKING my own custom game console”.

Good job I hope this works out so we can see a video game system made in Nigeria.

SNCOQ3:

@Amujale

My point is:

Christianity is not responsible for our national shame. You may hate it but i am committed to it because it liberates not enslave. Let me explain: I refused to go to church today cos i am fed up of preachers twisting the word of Jesus out of context to suit their need. How did i know this? cos i read the bible - it liberates not enslave. I am not going back to ancestral worship -some of them sold their own into slavery for gunpowder, mirror, beads anyway.

This is wrong, this is told in history but it is not true.  The whites came and told us to get slaves.  We said no so they killed many of us and destroyed villages.  So we gave in and gave them people.  We gave them criminals or we would go to other tribes and take their people.  This cause inter tribal warfare that is even happeneing today.  Look at the Congo.  King leopold made the people get other people's hands.  

Watch this short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xObFx5EWJQw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
This long one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpx5hy5TejE

Whites put us against each other for divide and conquer.  Just for our resources.  Nationalizing the mining companies, oil, etc would be great for Nigeria.  We would extract our own stuff, teach people to extract.  Get money for school.  Sell the mineral resoruces to our own companies to make our cars etc.  We would be selling to europe because we have the resources. We would be on the driver's seat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cypoSXpbIVg&feature=autoplay&list=ULDAdU5WBy38o&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=1

Read the book Confessions of an Economic Hitman.  America has been doing this since 1940's.  Not just Africa, all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Makbo: 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2011
Ivory Coast Uncovered - The Untold Story[size=8pt][/size]

With the ongoing civil war in Ivory Coast seemingly close to an end it is appropriate to tell the REAL untold story of the crisis in Ivory Coast and inform our readers of the REAL issue(s) behind the situation in the country.

I have heard many commentators on this subject and the bulk of them rant about the fact that the situation in the Ivory Coast is about elections that were supposedly won by Alassane Ouattara and that he is “the internationally recognized president of Ivory Coast” and that Laurent Gbagbo refuses to stand down because he thinks he won the elections – this in itself is flawed because according to a report from a US senate committee that went to Ivory Coast to monitor the elections complained of voter irregularities in areas that were pro-Ouattara

However the deception about the elections is the line that the western media is peddling and experience informs us that when it comes to the western media and Afrika we must be very circumspect of the agenda of the western media who have nothing but disdain for Afrikan people.

That said it is very simplistic to say that the situation in Ivory Coast is solely as a result of undisputed elections and is giving the public a much skewed view of the actual situation.

The REAL issue behind the current impasse in the Ivory Coast is a battle relating to French imperialism and control of the Ivory Coast. What this actually means in reality is that on one hand you have Gbagbo who is against French imperialism in Ivory Coast and championing the cause of Pan-Afrikanism and on the other hand you have Ouattara who one could say is very accommodating to safeguarding French interests in Ivory Coast.

This history lesson dates back to the late 1950's when the winds of change were beginning to sweep across the Afrikan continent as a result of Ghana gaining independence and the momentum of the Afrikan liberation movement.

Charles De Gaulle who was French president at the time knew that the winds of change sweeping across Afrika would also strike those countries that were under French colonial/imperial rule.

Therefore recognizing this De Gaulle made an insidious move by insisting that he would only grant Francophone countries their independence from France if they ceded up to 90% of ALL their revenue to the French Treasury in Paris and also that the CFA Franc must be fixed to the French currency, the French Franc making it easier for French companies to conduct business in Francophone Afrika.

The readership must be reminded that the Francophone countries in Afrika have huge mineral resources like enriched uranium, gold, diamonds, bauxite, chrome, oil and gas that are crucial for French industry.

Since the Francophone countries were eager for their political independence from Paris, some of their leaders naively signed up to this draconian measure and others who knew of the consequences of this reluctantly signed up to this measure.

Therefore once they had put their signature to it the newly “independent” Francophone states in Afrika were forever enslaved to French economic interests.

These interests meant that French companies operating in Francophone states had free access to these markets, had easy access to government contracts and perhaps more shrewdly these French companies did not pay any taxation to the respective francophone states and repatriated their vast earnings back to Paris.

Those Francophone states like Burkina Faso's Thomas Sankara who resisted this draconian legislation were severely dealt with in the form of economic sanctions and/or military coups d'état.

Gbagbo who is a student of history knows of this diabolical arrangement that has had an adverse effect on the economic emancipation and development of Francophone states and vowed to reverse this arrangement – he also wanted to nationalize key industries free from French control.

It is also important to recognize that Ivory Coast is THE world's biggest producer of cocoa which is the main ingredient for confectionery goods like chocolate and pastries and the French confectionery industry is worth billions of Euro's a year – making control of the cocoa industry a key target of French imperialism.

The French political elite knows of Gbagbo's agenda and has used any means at its disposal including influencing national elections to deny Gbagbo from implementing his agenda which if he had succeeded would have a catastrophic effect on the French economy.

This would manifest itself in that other Francophone states in Afrika would follow Gbagbo's lead and demand economic emancipation which would send the French economy into permanent recession since the massive revenue that Paris receives to fund its social and economic programmes would no longer be available and that is why the French and their western allies are supporting Ouattara.

Proof of this French support for Ouattara manifests itself with French helicopters bombing Gbagbo's forces (circa France TV 24hour news cable channel) and more blatantly that the so-called rebels that are attacking the presidential palace are in fact White French mercenaries (circa you-tube video footage).

The question one must ask is why are the French supporting Ouattara.

Well, Ouattara is a former employee of the IMF/World Bank, is western educated and trained and therefore is seen as a safe pair of hands by the French and their western cousins'.

When as it appears that Mr. Ouattara assumes overall control of the country it will mean that French and western imperialism has won the day and Ivorian and Afrikan economic emancipation been dealt a severe blow.

Global Research Articles by Kwame Osei

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2011
youngmonie:

We'll cut your aid if you persecute man-loving-men, Britain warns African nations

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2046965/Well-cut-aid-persecute-man-loving-men-Britain-warns-African-nations.html#ixzz1aIuoaxOF

This is  one very good example,

Good aid is bad. Read the book Dead Aid by Dambisa Moyo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Pkk2sq9Cg
Aid is OWED BACK it is not free. So if they cut the aid then that would be good.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2011
@Makbo: this is why it the psychological revolution has to happen sooner than later.  What side is the AU on? What are the AU doing to intervene? Does the AU have representatives present on the ground.

Btw western media always use media propaganda along side military tactics, both can hardly be seperated. Why do you think countries ban Western media?

In Libya, NATO bombed a town killing hundreds of civilians and the western reporters were reporting and the media covering the story as if it had been done by "Gadahhfi forces".
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2011
@Makbo
That was a good read.  DO you have the video of the french mercenaries?  Also, I think Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is a PUPPET!!The west is in debt and they need cheap things from Africa.  She got a 500 million dollar agriculture fund.  If she pays it back fast and pays the rest of the foreign debt, and also improve agriculture then fine she is right.  But if not :/ She might be like Outarra.  Western educated, WOrld Bank/IMF puppet.

The Media is the 4th branch of the government:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSfk0wLs4EE

You people need to listen to smart music like Immortal Technique, Lowkey, Lupe Fiasco, Fela Kuti, Lauryn Hill. They will teach you bout this world through music. It is amazing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Councilor Nabbed Buying Pvcs / Boko Haram: Plights Of Police Widows Who Are Denied Husbands’ Benefits / Radio Biafra. A Bullet In The Heart Of Indigbo Struggle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.