Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) (52215 Views)

Bauchi First Lady, Aisha Bala-Muhammad's Convoy Trapped On A Bad Road / The Accident Victims Involving Obaseki’s Convoy (Graphic Photos) / Atiku Abubakar Convoy Trapped By Supporters In Kano (photos,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by ekhai(m): 7:58pm On Jul 23, 2023
allthingsgood:

Stop supporting rubbish. What is bad is bad.
THAT'S THE NATURE OF SOME BINI PEOPLE. WHEN GOVERNANCE OF EDO REACH THEIR TURN, DEVELOPMENT WILL BE STUNTED. IGBINEDION AND OBASEKI GOVERNMENTS ARE IDENTICAL. THE FEW MONTHS PROF. STAYED IN GOVERNMENT BEFORE OSHIOMOLE, THE DEVELOPMENT WE WITNESSED WAS MORE THAN THE 8 YEARS OF LUCKY IGBINEDION. WHEN YOU SAY, THEY WON'T AGREE.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by seleroms2(m): 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Obaseki was part of the same oshiomole government. For seven years in the administration of Governor Adams Oshiomhole, his predecessor, he served as voluntary Chairman of the Edo State Economic and Strategy Team as well as Chairman of Tax Assessment Review Committee for Edo State Internal Revenue Service (TARC) and the Committee on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises

uote author=kokorokoman post=124607678] grin cheesy normally I am not supposed to answer because I see illiteracy and ignorance wrapping your comment but I just have to for clarification purpose.
Can you mention the many roads obaseki has started and completed in seven years?
Oshiomhole never borrowed 30 billion for the project, but it was a 30 billion project that was supposed to be financed and done in batches.
The useless obaseki came and said the project was riddled with curroption and will investigate it. But today no investigation and we have heard nothing about the project again.
And lastly, that obaseki didn't want to borrow is just the most foolish statement I have heard this year.
Do you know that within the first three years of obaseki govt he had already borrowed times two of the total debt the three previous govt left? Go verify this and if it's a false I owe you a million naira.
Foolish people everywhere defending nonsense online. Mumu. [/quote]
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by seleroms2(m): 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2023
emmyN:

Obaseki is in the opposition, you get? In this case they can't fix the road since the contract has already been awarded to a federal government contractor. If you go to that road you will see sand heaped on one side but no work is going on.

When did he join the opposition? This is his 3rd year in a two term. Why didn't he do anything in the four years that he was with the ruling party?
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by sunnyprof: 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2023
FederL road, federal road!

My question is where is the state roads from Benin to Auchi, to Ovian, to Delta boundary toward sapele?
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by emmyN(m): 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
seleroms2:

When did he join the opposition? This is his 3rd year in a two term. Why didn't he do anything in the four years that he was with the ruling party?

What would you have had him done? Perhaps you missed the part that the road belongs to the FG and the contract for it has long been awarded. Besides, the road wasn't this bad then.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by godofuck231: 11:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
The governor just baff em never use soap yet , e need to go see oba of benin , then e go collect soap baff well
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by edgecution(m): 2:02am On Jul 24, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
Is Lagos Road better? Is not the same Lagos that canoe are paddle and Fisher men fishing in the main road after heavy downpour?

We are saying the same thing. Edo no bi Lagos. Lol. Is he not the same Obaseki all the people supported against APC that time? Until everybody realize that you can't rely on govt. Have you seen any LP MEMBER that won last election speak out about the jumbo pay they get in ABUJA? Bottom line is Politicians are all the same. If i want some people to vote for me, all i have to do is pretend i criticize the govt everyday and let the people vote for me and i get to abuja and start making my money like others.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Sibbb: 2:38am On Jul 24, 2023
Osariemen12:

Same Sapele Road Oshomole and Obaseki worked on. Let's be honest, the possibility of flooding during and after rainfall in Benin City is high, and it doesn't start today. From Ugbowo to Agbo Road, Uselu to Aduwawa, Tv Road to Textile Mill Road, Ekehuan Road to Okhoro. And these roads are in good shapes, by Nigeria's standards. We experienced same thing during Oshiomole and I don't think the next governor can do anything about it.

What I won't permit is someone living in the dirty waters of Ogbomosho or Udi to malign my hardworking governor because we rejected APC at the polls in 2020. Yes, Edo no be Lagos, the slum headquarters of West Africa. .

U be mum.u
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by plumcomm: 4:38am On Jul 24, 2023
madridguy:
Flooded road is different from bad road. If you live in either Lagos or Ogun State then you should know what I'm saying.

Meanwhile, i no be Anambra or enugu person but people living in Ogun State are really suffering from bad roads.

bad roads are everywhere,the issue if bad roads is not particular to a state or region so one person posting a portion or section of bad road in a state to make a mockery of the state,party or the people is Hypocritical.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by yahoodetector: 5:54am On Jul 24, 2023
Was the ranting ugly fool called O-shame-hole not the former governor of Edo state? Why didn't he fix the road?
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by nairamaniac: 7:37am On Jul 24, 2023
kokorokoman:
hahaha, you know nothing Jons, the Stella Obasanjo Women and Children Hospital was constructed fully by edo state govt and was named after Stella Obasanjo because she is a daughter of the state.
The Benin bye pass was a collaborative effort between the Federal and state govts, go confirm from people that know about edo state.
From your previous posts I knew you do not know anything about edo state, you are among the bandwagons that started showing interest in politics because of the social media frenzy that came with the 2023 general elections.
These are just few of lucky igbinedions projects, I have a list of over 60 more.
Please list projects started and commissioned by obaseki in seven years and I will list yahaya bellos projects in just one year in office so you can compare them.
Anybody that sees you ranting on edo threads will think you know a thing about edo state.
Kids.
That I don't know if the Stella Obasanjo is federal or state doesn't indicate that "I know nothing". Morover my first statememt about that health care made it clear that Im not sure who built it.

But as per the bypass, that cuts across all entry highways into benin, I can tell you hundred percent that the Governor had no financial input into it. Stop lying.

That project was tooo big for Edo state or Lucky to make any financial contribution to.

That project was strictly aneni's push when he became minister of works 1999. I had known about the project before Lucky even became Governor. Cos humbly enough Iv been friends with both ini umoru's kids and anenih's, which isn't big a deal anyways.

I still insist that most of those projects you credited to Lucky were mediocre projects which didn't meet up to expectations when finally completed.

You should even be ashamed of some of these things you credited to Lucky.

That "Lucky increased subvention funds*
Yet it did not reflect commesurately with the infrastructure/welfare of AAU within the period.
Pls stop mentioning funds giving by politicians in lieu of subvention or whatever. That the easiest route to syphon money.
What you should be saying is how the funds finally reflected in the project.

The fruit juice factory u mentioned was a total failure, even before the expiration on Lucky's tenure.
Nothing was extracted from one single orange/agbalumo.

You mentioned *resuscitation of Bendel brewery*

Who hears you saying this would think Bendel brewery was was propelled to the level of Grand-drink Factory in Rivers state or Hero in Onitsha.

At this day and age you are still mentioning 27-CLASSROOM BLOCK as a Governors achievement?

You should be ashamed on behalf of Lucky.

You are talking about ECTS at Ramat park?
Oshiomole did more to that office and sector that Lucky ever did.
Dont even make my argument seem to want to be like a praise to obaseki, cos IV made it clear that they are useless in there own different ways.
But do you want to compare what lucky did with ECTS to what obaseki has done with Central park?

Lucky was a disaster. Even little/cheap projects ended up looking like elephant projects cos they were toooo big for him to handle; The ikpoba river dredging comes to mind. Spent billions trying to do God knows what with the river, under the bridge.

I still tell you, Lucky's 1st-3 physical legacies were:
1. Iyekoba housing estate(of which all occupants scattered all the buildings immediately they acquired them even from Lucky's tenure).
Also remembered that Lucky only tarred road from ADP junction and stopped at that estate.
That road was just a tiny single lane road. Untill Obaseki expanded its width and extended it from ADP to iririh, Ebo, okoromi, ogbazagbon, to sapele road.
This extension mind you is over 20KM.

U mentioned Edo house?
I want to believe you are not referring to the building on akpakpava? Near cbn.
But tell me it's not that building.
People hearing you would think it's one gigantic/profitable edifice.
Pls stop this praise singing of Lucky.

Lucky was the worst sooooo far of them all.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by kokorokoman: 9:05am On Jul 24, 2023
nairamaniac:
That I don't know if the Stella Obasanjo is federal or state doesn't indicate that "I know nothing". Morover my first statememt about that health care made it clear that Im not sure who built it.

But as per the bypass, that cuts across all entry highways into benin, I can tell you hundred percent that the Governor had no financial input into it. Stop lying.

That project was tooo big for Edo state or Lucky to make any financial contribution to.

That project was strictly aneni's push when he became minister of works 1999. I had known about the project before Lucky even became Governor. Cos humbly enough Iv been friends with both ini umoru's kids and anenih's, which isn't big a deal anyways.

I still insist that most of those projects you credited to Lucky were mediocre projects which didn't meet up to expectations when finally completed.

You should even be ashamed of some of these things you credited to Lucky.

That "Lucky increased subvention funds*
Yet it did not reflect commesurately with the infrastructure/welfare of AAU within the period.
Pls stop mentioning funds giving by politicians in lieu of subvention or whatever. That the easiest route to syphon money.
What you should be saying is how the funds finally reflected in the project.

The fruit juice factory u mentioned was a total failure, even before the expiration on Lucky's tenure.
Nothing was extracted from one single orange/agbalumo.

You mentioned *resuscitation of Bendel brewery*

Who hears you saying this would think Bendel brewery was was propelled to the level of Grand-drink Factory in Rivers state or Hero in Onitsha.

At this day and age you are still mentioning 27-CLASSROOM BLOCK as a Governors achievement?

You should be ashamed on behalf of Lucky.

You are talking about ECTS at Ramat park?
Oshiomole did more to that office and sector that Lucky ever did.
Dont even make my argument seem to want to be like a praise to obaseki, cos IV made it clear that they are useless in there own different ways.
But do you want to compare what lucky did with ECTS to what obaseki has done with Central park?

Lucky was a disaster. Even little/cheap projects ended up looking like elephant projects cos they were toooo big for him to handle; The ikpoba river dredging comes to mind. Spent billions trying to do God knows what with the river, under the bridge.

I still tell you, Lucky's 1st-3 physical legacies were:
1. Iyekoba housing estate(of which all occupants scattered all the buildings immediately they acquired them even from Lucky's tenure).
Also remembered that Lucky only tarred road from ADP junction and stopped at that estate.
That road was just a tiny single lane road. Untill Obaseki expanded its width and extended it from ADP to iririh, Ebo, okoromi, ogbazagbon, to sapele road.
This extension mind you is over 20KM.

U mentioned Edo house?
I want to believe you are not referring to the building on akpakpava? Near cbn.
But tell me it's not that building.
People hearing you would think it's one gigantic/profitable edifice.
Pls stop this praise singing of Lucky.

Lucky was the worst sooooo far of them all.
hahahaha, kids, like I said earlier, go ask people that know about edo state.
The only project you can list about obaseki is the repainting of stadium which lucky did also but never made noise about it but your darling obaseki repainted a stadium and campaigned with it. List obasekis project and I will list yahaya Bello one year in office projects.
The College of Education lucky built supercedes all of obasekis work done in seven years but lucky never made noise about it, lucky started from the scratch created ministries and all that.
Luckys biggest problem was poor PR.
Just imagine obaseki building building a secondary school block and imagine the Grammer that will follow "educational clauses" lol
Oshiomhole built a university but obaseki renamed the university and commissioned the name. Foolish people.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by Ebika06114: 9:34am On Jul 24, 2023
Him don enter one chance be this
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by MikkieEl: 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2023
Osariemen12:

Same Sapele Road Oshomole and Obaseki worked on. Let's be honest, the possibility of flooding during and after rainfall in Benin City is high, and it doesn't start today. From Ugbowo to Agbo Road, Uselu to Aduwawa, Tv Road to Textile Mill Road, Ekehuan Road to Okhoro. And these roads are in good shapes, by Nigeria's standards. We experienced same thing during Oshiomole and I don't think the next governor can do anything about it.

What I won't permit is someone living in the dirty waters of Ogbomosho or Udi to malign my hardworking governor because we rejected APC at the polls in 2020. Yes, Edo no be Lagos, the slum headquarters of West Africa. .

I am glad to inform you that this flooding dey learn from Sokoto flooding. There's no problem without solution if the political will is there. What did Tambwal do? He constructed one kind mighty drainage, drainage is an understatement. It was called stormwater channel or so. It's depth is above 6ft and its about 4ft wide.
Re: Governor Obaseki's Convoy Trapped In A Flooded Road In Edo State (Pictures) by emmi14: 7:35am On Aug 25, 2023
SIONKPO1:

Stop constituting nuisance
All blind followers of APC are practical example of nuisance

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Writes Eti-Osa Residents, Appeals To Them To Re-Elect Him / Ola Brown Reacts To Peter Obi Flying Economy Class On A Commercial Flight / Army Deploys 100 Female Soldiers To Secure Abuja-Kaduna Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.