Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,446 members, 7,823,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time (46951 Views)

Korean Team Members' Names: If You Were The Commentator, What Would You Do? / The greatest Football Commentator in the game and Why? / Benjamin Okenna Swadinho: Pidgin Commentator In Russia 2018 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by Omodua(m): 12:05am On Jul 24, 2023
orohbiro:
Lol this guy with is local English go and look Ghana league commentators those guy are good the reason I don't watch Nigeria league is because of the commentators I can do a better job more than then. The guy on vandrenzzer TV is good but due to corruption dey just being bringing nonsense calling them commentators . example about this guy
The ball enh! Is going enh! To the number 7 enh what a shot enh! Chai grin
Keep quiet. You were not born when he was at the stage. So,your opinion don't matter.

No Ghanaian commentator nears him in football commentary,except late Joe Lartey of GBC. He was good. But not in the mould of Ernest Okonkwo.
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by Icon79(m): 12:28am On Jul 24, 2023
Thanks for the great memories. But actually, Ernest Okonkwo’s preferred nickname for Emmanuel Okala is
Man Mountain. And then there’s Elastic Henry Nwosu.

All in all, Ernest Okonkwo is irreplaceable.

O pari

Racoon:
Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator of All Time, We Haven't Seen His Replacement

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02DXKeKRYLCfWa3r8WoLfjgRSAKy3d3HekNPT4c3edxF99AhsvqYbkjSWX2Lfmdae7l&id=100076000014842&post_id=100076000014842_pfbid02DXKeKRYLCfWa3r8WoLfjgRSAKy3d3HekNPT4c3edxF99AhsvqYbkjSWX2Lfmdae7l&mibextid=Nif5oz
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 24, 2023
Come on guys... y'all should give Igbo's their flowers den don try for this balablu of a country.
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by 3seriez(m): 1:22am On Jul 24, 2023
Racoon:
Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator of All Time, We Haven't Seen His Replacement

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02DXKeKRYLCfWa3r8WoLfjgRSAKy3d3HekNPT4c3edxF99AhsvqYbkjSWX2Lfmdae7l&id=100076000014842&post_id=100076000014842_pfbid02DXKeKRYLCfWa3r8WoLfjgRSAKy3d3HekNPT4c3edxF99AhsvqYbkjSWX2Lfmdae7l&mibextid=Nif5oz

African Nations Cup 94' was the first football tournament I watched and became mentally aware that football is a beautiful game, then USA 94, Atlanta 96 and so on till date. But I have always loved history in whatever form it comes. And this post is an interesting history lesson which I have never come across, except for the players and Ex president shagari.
This post na for senior bros generation them. Salute & kudos
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by ThePundit14(m): 5:38am On Jul 24, 2023
His commentary is so appealing to the ears even after 3 decades. However, I think Emmanuel Etim is doing a good job as well

Racoon:

Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by QuinModah(f): 6:05am On Jul 24, 2023
Racoon:
The ingenuity of the Igbo man is truly legendary.Ernest Okonkwo was indeed legendary in his own class but I still think Akiloye Oyebanji almost came close. Same as Larry Izamuje of Brilla Sports. Modele Sarafa-Yusuf also tried
Adio nko?
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by QuinModah(f): 6:05am On Jul 24, 2023
ThePundit14:
His commentary is so appealing to the ears even after 3 decades. However, I think Emmanuel Etim is doing a good job as well

Yes, his trying too.
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by QuinModah(f): 6:09am On Jul 24, 2023
Davicl:
Reminds me of Mofi ijemba and co On birllafm Sunday sport show ...... kaiiiii 😊 old golden days
SexyJoe
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by QuinModah(f): 6:10am On Jul 24, 2023
awesomegenius:

I miss the old brilafm
I enjoyed the old brilliant fm, than the current crop of OAP's.
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by QuinModah(f): 6:11am On Jul 24, 2023
gfaruk:
I would love to be a football commentator
How do one go about it
Apply to Nigeria info FATG fans battle. Thank me later.
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by Davicl: 6:12am On Jul 24, 2023
QuinModah:
SexyJoe

Yes grin she's among
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by QuinModah(f): 6:19am On Jul 24, 2023
Davicl:

Yes grin she's among
She's with Wazobia FM now.
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by juman(m): 6:40am On Jul 24, 2023
Nigerian generals oloriburuku oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Nigerian generals oloriburuku oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

They ruined the country.
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by sunnymighty(m): 6:55am On Jul 24, 2023
QuinModah:
Adio nko?

Fabio 'Lanipekun you mean to say?
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by Davicl: 7:13am On Jul 24, 2023
QuinModah:
She's with Wazobia FM now.

Do you know if ijemba is still with them, i Mean radio parazzi

1 Like

Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by Chukazu: 9:03am On Jul 24, 2023
I like Michelle Obi
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by Alpharey: 9:41am On Jul 24, 2023
Padipadi:
Legendary commentator.

Your post is like you are saying Igbos are the best. When this lead to bashing, no cry o.
So one cannot state the obvious. If person praise you on what you know how well to do. It is not a crime
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by Alpharey: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2023
The man uses his words like Peter Drury of nowadays. You can imagine his own in the 70s and 80s.
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by rippa(m): 9:57am On Jul 24, 2023
Padipadi:

Is chest beating a sign of success?

And we no even reason am cos success too much. It's inborn, all glory to God.
Unlike some people that ll claim their tribe is the most successful without data to show. Shey na chest beating be achievement?
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Kindly use ur google
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by BTCog: 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2023
tommy589:
No one comes close!

"Mathematical" Odegbami, "Chairman" Chukwu etc. was coined by him

I still remember this his quote; " He nearly missed it. He nearly kicked it. What a miskick"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by Idiko1: 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2023
Racoon:
The ingenuity of the Igbo man is truly legendary.Ernest Okonkwo was indeed legendary in his own class but I still think Akiloye Oyebanji almost came close. Same as Larry Izamuje of Brilla Sports. Modele Sarafa-Yusuf also tried

The bolded is simply an opinion. The only commentator who came close to Ernest Okonkwo was Sabastian Ofurum.
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by MSGAMBLE9: 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2023
Idiko1:

The bolded is simply an opinion. The only commentator who came close to Ernest Okonkwo was Sabastian Ofurum.
It's still your personal opinion... Okonkwo been the best is not a statement of Fact...

To me Fabio Olanipekun is more Revered generally by today's Sportscasters like Godwin Enakhena, Femi Obong Daniel, Kelechi kelele and others... Also Emma Odikpo, Paul Ogazi and Shina Abimbobola are in Class on their own...
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by Successlane: 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2023
Idiko1:

SECONDED
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by Lucymercy: 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2023
awesomegenius:

I miss the old brilafm
Baba must retire for the young guys to grow
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by QuinModah(f): 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2023
Davicl:

Do you know if ijemba is still with them, i Mean radio parazzi
I am not sure.
Re: Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time by QuinModah(f): 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2023
sunnymighty:

Fabio 'Lanipekun you mean to say?
No, Adio

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. / Nigeria Vs Seychelles: Francis Uzoho Blasted After Goal Blunder (Photos) / Amara Kanu Apologizes For Exposing Her Family Issues Online (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.