Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. (1074 Views)

How Far Is Too Far? Single Ladies Pray In Wedding Gowns / Why I Pray To God Before I Sleep With Other People’s Wives - Male Ashawo / Tips On Dealing With Feeling Lonely While Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by BigYash: 11:08am On Jul 23, 2023
I was listening to a Radio FM. It was some church Advert of some upcoming prayer program.. They said if you are a young girl and you are still single,come and you will get married before the year runs out. Then they said,if you are a young boy and you want to be successful ,that you should come also.. Why are the ladies always carrying “wanting to marry thing” on their head? If they are successful like the guys ,na crime? No wonder marriage looks like poverty Alleviation scheme to a lot of them today..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by Dimaya: 11:15am On Jul 23, 2023
1. Women are carrying the "wanting to marry thing" on their head because female fertility is timebound as this video explains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a3jkN-6dOw

2. Men have to be focused on financial stability because no woman wants an unsuccessful man just as this poll shows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6oC3rgEhMI

3. If women are as successful as men, it doesn't improve their dating options but reduces their number of suitors. This is well documented below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUrng-mfZpQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-xRVjaadKU

hope that explains it well?

Thank me later

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by Absuchat(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2023
Success is a relative term.
What you see as "success" may not be a "success" to someone else.
To the VJ people, marriage is "success"... Especially after numerous body counts

5 Likes

Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by advanceDNA: 11:24am On Jul 23, 2023
BigYash:
I was listening to a Radio FM. It was some church Advert of some upcoming prayer program.. They said if you are a young girl and you are still single,come and you will get married before the year runs out. Then they said,if you are a young boy and you want to be successful ,that you should come also.. Why are the ladies always carrying “wanting to marry thing” on their head? If they are successful like the guys ,na crime? No wonder marriage looks like poverty Alleviation scheme to a lot of them today..

Baba....Na their way....

Money making is not easy.... so spending another person's money is an easier option for them

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by RepoMan007: 11:55am On Jul 23, 2023
When purpose of use is unknown abuse is inevitable.

The helper gender have become burdensome over time and therefore the helped gender prefer to skip the "help" of the helper gender more often in order to arrive where they are headed faster.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by pansophist(m): 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2023
Na true o.

I am more concerned with making money than privatizing a woman. After all, a woman shall not live by preek alone smiley

Even if a pastor and God tell her that I'm the man of her dreams, she will doubt it if I'm not established. Only if men know the kind of disgust women have for broke men.

Only if.....

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by Gerrard59(m): 6:40am On Aug 03, 2023
BigYash:

If they don't marry, you will be the first to call them evening newspapers and expired goods. Now, they wish to marry early enough, you are still whining.

Please choose a struggle.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by BigYash: 6:49am On Aug 03, 2023
Gerrard59:

If they don't marry, you will be the first to call them evening newspapers and expired goods. Now, they wish to marry early enough, you are still whining.

Nobody is saying they shouldn't marry,but why must they be entitled? My major question there is,why do they see marriage as poverty alleviation scheme? Because when you interview most of them,they'll tell you they want a man who has money and can take care of them. Is it a crime ,if they take care of themselves or even the man? These same gender preaches gender equality on TVs,radio,everywhere. And there is also a saying that, what a man can do,a woman can do better . Why can't they work better and spend better in a relationship,like men does?
You just wake up this morning, dey type off key.. Answer those questions first..
Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by Autobot05: 6:55am On Aug 03, 2023
Gerrard59:

K

You missed the point sir

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by skywalker240(m): 8:04am On Aug 03, 2023
BigYash:
Nobody is saying they shouldn't marry,but why must they be entitled? My major question there is,why do they see marriage as poverty alleviation scheme? Because when you interview most of them,they'll tell you they want a man who has money and can take care of them. Is it a crime ,if they take care of themselves or even the man? These same gender preaches gender equality on TVs,radio,everywhere. And there is also a saying that, what a man can do,a woman can do better . Why can't they work better and spend better in a relationship,like men does?
You just wake up this morning, dey type off key.. Answer those questions first..
A Guy would visit a babalawo for the sole purpose of making money

A woman will visit same babalawo for sole purpose of trapping that same Guy that has made money as her own

Makes me wonder, is a woman really relevant without a man in her life 🤔

I've realized that Men are the prize though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by BigYash: 8:05am On Aug 03, 2023
skywalker240:

A Guy would visit a babalawo for the sole purpose of making money

A woman will visit same babalawo for sole purpose of trapping that same Guy that has made money as her own

Makes me wonder, is a woman really relevant without a man in her life 🤔

I've realized that Men are the prize though
Fact

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:06am On Aug 03, 2023
Women prefer one to get married than to be successful in their careers. Even older women that have many years of experience in marriage are in the habit of disturbing younger guys who might still be struggling to get married. They don't care about advising them on things that can make them to be successful in their career but marriage all the time. If you are that type of guy and you are a worker in church where single ladies plenty, pastor wives no go let you rest.
Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by skywalker240(m): 8:08am On Aug 03, 2023
BigYash:
Fact
Yes it is, still women would always be what they are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by Gerrard59(m): 8:42am On Aug 03, 2023
BigYash:
Nobody is saying they shouldn't marry,but why must they be entitled?

How does a woman saying she wants to be married connote entitlement?

My major question there is,why do they see marriage as poverty alleviation scheme?

In poor countries, marriage has always been a poverty alleviation scheme. Nigeria is a poor country.

Because when you interview most of them,they'll tell you they want a man who has money and can take care of them. Is it a crime ,if they take care of themselves or even the man?

Women are hypergamous. That is how they are worldwide. Every woman wants a man who can provide. From Bolivia to Zambia, from Norway to Taiwan - women aspire/wish/plan to marry men who can provide.

These same gender preaches gender equality on TVs,radio,everywhere. And there is also a saying that, what a man can do,a woman can do better

Gender equality is a scam. Take this from an erstwhile male feminist. It is the greatest scam ever witnessed. It goes against biology and nature. It is why men are revolting, because the scam has made women believe they can enjoy rights without responsibilities. They want men to be as traditional as ever, but want to be modern at the same time.

Why can't they work better and spend better in a relationship,like men does?

They are hypergamous. There was research in a Nordic country - the epitome of gender equality - which found out that women opted for less lucrative fields even when there were no barriers to entering highly lucrative fields. Most women would rather stay home and collect money from men rather than work. Na distortion of the global economy, overpopulation, limited resources etc., don change everything.
Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
BigYash:
Nobody is saying they shouldn't marry,but why must they be entitled?
You are not in any position to tell women what they should want or not. Women don't dictate to men what they should want or not.
My major question there is,why do they see marriage as poverty alleviation scheme?

You are not in a position to dictate to woman what they should see marriage as. Men have their agenda for marriage. Some access to permanent sex. Some children( most men hate single parenting and so must marry to have kids that carry on their legacy)
Because when you interview most of them,they'll tell you they want a man who has money and can take care of them. Is it a crime ,if they take care of themselves or even the man?

It is not a crime ,neither is it a crime for a woman to want a man to care for her?
These same gender preaches gender equality on TVs,radio,everywhere. And there is also a saying that, what a man can do,a woman can do better . Why can't they work better and spend better in a relationship,like men does?
but do we practice gender equality? Some days back someone was explaining why cheating in men is normal but cheating in women is not. Are male divorcees seen the same way female divorcees are? Are single fathers stigmatized the same way single mothers are? Are fat men shamed the way fat women are?
You all are aware of the prejudices and remain quiet when women are at the receiving end or defend it using culture, religion or "logic"(as per logical gender).see the way males were defending cheating men and last week defending dead beats .

But suddenly you remember gender equality when it's about paying bills?
Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by marlow1962(m): 5:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
That is to show you that marriage is a woman top most priority. Modern ladies no longer thrive to further themselves and become successful, once they finish from school next thing is to marry.
Men pray to be successful
Women pray to be married to a successful man.
Re: Single Ladies Pray For Marriage,while Single Guys Pray To Be Successful. by Exceed15: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2023
Because they want to be his responsibility.

(1) (Reply)

Valentine's Day Giveaway For Ladies / How To Hit A Girl's G–spot? / Is It Wise To Use All Your Savings For Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.