Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

The Most Intolerant Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Intolerant Religion (154 Views)

Most Muslims Are Intolerant, Humorless, And Ignorant / Christians In America Aren't Closed-minded Or Intolerant — But They Should Be / Nigerians And Their Intolerant Attitude Towards Other Beliefs - Azuka Onwuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Intolerant Religion by thinkmoney(m): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
People must be careful when dealing with things that have religious paraphernalia and context.
More, while Christianity do not as much put too much significance on physical things and institutions, Islam may not be practicable if some physical elements are dissociated from it.
Islam for example seek to as much as Islamize the lands as well as the peoples, while Christianity think the present ‘kingdoms’ are not of christ.
Evidently over all, Christian lands and culture tend to be more liberal and tolerant. I haven’t heard in Nigeria where they as much as slap anybody in public for desecrating the Bible. And it’s not that Christians value it less than the way any other religion values it’s scriptures, they just see that the message far more than the texts of their scriptures is what really matters.
I can’t pretend I understand fully how Nigeria Muslims feel about the video Davido posted, but I can only advice Davido to be more careful in the future.
Another development that gives me concern and that is connected to the whole debate about religious tolerance and mutual respect is how truly northern Nigeria lands, Ilorin in particular now, can follow the constitution provisions on Religious right to the letter. I feel traditionalists in Ilorin haven’t been allowed to feel completely Nigerian.
Over all, I feel Hindu are evidently one of the main religion of the world that is less tolerant of other religions.

Re: The Most Intolerant Religion by Queenttoast01: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
Re: The Most Intolerant Religion by Maynman: 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
Queenttoast01:
Christianity is the only religion of Peace

https://www.nairaland.com/7754597/christianity-only-religion-peace

https://www.nairaland.com/7766527/god-father-son-jesus-christ
No religion has killed more people than Christianity.
They even kill themselves because of different doctrines.

Re: The Most Intolerant Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2023
Intolerance is deeply rooted in the hearts of all imperfect humans but a little support from from peers will excavate it making it manifest.

Jesus of Nazareth is the world's most wonderful counselor who came to teach us how to suppress the intolerance in us he taught his disciples how to approach their neighbours tactfully to discuss about the differences in the way we reason.

Ordinarily when people complain or gossip about the way someone lives his or her life intolerance is the root cause so whether your neighbour is a chain smoker, drunkard, fornicator, adulterer, idolater, homosexual, lesbian, atheist, agnostic, traditionalist, witch, transgender or any other all we need to do is pay the person a friendly visit or greeting and start a conversation to know WHY.

But when we keep it to ourselves false religion will push us to join others who are feeling irritated and attack them whereas we never gave them the opportunity to express their feelings perhaps we can be of help to them.

That's what makes Jesus of Nazareth the world's most wonderful counselor of all time! Isaiah 9:6

(1) (Reply)

Leave Am, Na Bad Market; Ritualist Exclaimed After He Declared Himself A CHOSEN. / I Am That I Am / 20 Officers, Soldiers Killed In Niger Ambush For Burial In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.