Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) (4958 Views)

New Pictures Of Onitsha and Awka At Night / Awka As State Capital Of Anambra: 30 Years After (Video, Photos) / Pictures Of Awka Anambra State Capital That You Haven't Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by totit: 5:54pm On Jul 23, 2023
What's these ni to ri olorun grin

Lloool grin

2 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by nedu666: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2023
Anambra1stSon1:

No capital in Yoruba land outside Ikeja can be compare to Awka, Awka became capital 1991 same year with Osogbo the capital of Osun Tinubu's home state, it the only relatively developed area in Osun state, Awka is third largest city in Anambra state, let compare Awka to Osogbo Tinubu's capital

You are talking of oshogbo. You don reach abeokuta. If abeokuta that existed many years refuse to grow, is it osohgbo that will grow

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2023
Rostikol:
AS USUAL, OPEN GUTTERS AND NO SIDEWALKS FOR PEDESTRIANS.

AFTER ALL PEDESTRIANS ARE NOT TAXPAYERS AND ARE INFERIOR BEINGS WHO MUST WALK ON THE SAND AND MUD, NOT ON A PAVEMENT LIKE THEIR COUNTERPARTS IN THE CIVILISED WORLD.

PRIMITIVE PEOPLE.
Most all the roads in Awka that's being constructed by Solution are coming with
pedestal Walkway

There are some of the roads in Awka

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by kokorokoman: 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2023
Armaggedon:
show us your own let's use it as a better standard.
I'm from benin city and there's nothing to celebrate about Benin city likewise awka.
Or do you think these pics are worth celebrating?
Abi you never go Sudan, Togo or Benin Republic before to see what a developing and beautiful place means?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
kokorokoman:
I'm from benin city and there's nothing to celebrate about Benin city likewise awka.
Abi you never go Sudan, Togo or Benin Republic before to see what a developing and beautiful place means?
These are states developing on their own not their capital or commercial hub

7 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Kossyso: 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2023
My beautiful state and her beautiful capital. We are just getting started. We are truly the light of the nation. @ OP daalu!

6 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Rostikol: 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2023
Anambra1stSon1:

Most all the roads in Awka that's being constructed by Solution are coming with
pedestal Walkway

There are some of the roads in Awka

That is good to see.

But they need to cover the drains.

You are not supposed to be walking along a street and being seeing an open gutter beside you. It is not done anywhere in the developed world, or even in most of the developing world. It is unsightly and unhygienic, and discourages tourism.

Drains MUST be covered. These idiot so-called leaders we have in Nigeria travel abroad every day and buy houses there. They KNOW all this, but continue to build this primitive substandard rubbish for us here in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 6:04pm On Jul 23, 2023
nedu666:

You are talking of oshogbo. You don reach abeokuta. If abeokuta that existed many years refuse to grow, is it osohgbo that will grow
That's why I said outside Ikeja no state capital in Yoruba land can be compare to Awka that became capital 1991 not mind other cities are there in Anambra state

5 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Armaggedon: 6:06pm On Jul 23, 2023
kokorokoman:
I don't know if you're truly from where you claim but op only posted pictures of Awka. If you call it celebration then it's ok.

5 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by kokorokoman: 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2023
Anambra1stSon1:

These are states developing on their on not their capital or commercial hub
alright sir
Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Okay shinedu.

I know Awka is 100 times better than Paris.

Can you now go and sleep?
This is Awka

3 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2023
More

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2023
One of the event centers in Awka
Stanel event center located before Unizik

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Corridon: 6:20pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ebubu2:
Just concrete and cement.

No glass-looking skyscrapers?
Monday Ibiam the abakaliki abobaku that'll rather kneel down to greet an aboki instead of standing up to greet a fellow Igbo man from another state. Always inferior and envious in everything.

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2023
Stanel event center Awka

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by OVB123: 6:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
Solsix:
What's there to see??
U spoke my mind.
Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
Awka international conference center own by state government, biggest conference center in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2023
Zara's stores Awka

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by ba7man(m): 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2023
Awka looks like Igando in Alimosho LGA, Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
ba7man:
Anu this is the nonsense Igando Alimosho you're comparing to Awka

4 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by ba7man(m): 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Anambra1stSon1:

Anu this is the nonsense Igando Alimosho you're comparing to Awka
Yep, that's just 1 spot and it doesn't represent the whole.

Awka looks like Igando and I stand to be corrected. I wanted to say Ikorodu but naah......Ikorodu is more developed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
ba7man:
This is not brown roof enclave

5 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Heart3030: 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2023
By Nigeria standard,you have every reason to be proud of your city.

4 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Kenmatt(m): 6:44pm On Jul 23, 2023
Solsix:
What's there to see??

You will see brown roofs.
Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2023
ba7man:
Yep, that's just 1 spot and it doesn't represent the whole.

Awka looks like Igando and I stand to be corrected. I wanted to say Ikorodu but naah......Ikorodu is more developed.
Outside the roads those areas are slums, the only areas in Lagos with morden structures are Ikoyi, Lekki, Ikeja, VI, Festac, Maryland, Marina other areas are slums mixed with some morden

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2023
Radopin Awka

2 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2023
Everyday Stores Awka

2 Likes

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2023
Roban Stores Awka

1 Like

Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by plaindealer: 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ipob terrorist sit at home province... Smh..
Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by yarimo(m): 7:08pm On Jul 23, 2023
NGIGE and OBIANO all did well as governor of Anambra state, now SOLUDO is doing great as governor
Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Afamed: 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2023
Believe this local champion at your own peril
Re: New Pictures Of Awka, Anambra State Capital (photos) by Anambra1stSon1: 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2023
Stanel Stores Awka

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Come Back To This Hopeless Nigeria? / New USA VISA Fee / Any Nigerian Living In Belarus- Pls I Need Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.