Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt (47381 Views)

Mass Burial Of 103 EndSARS Victims: Lagos Govt Being Clever By Half - Ogunlana / 'Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims' - Gazette, The Sun / #EndSARS Victims: Names, Photos, Videos & Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by mfm04622: 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
TheGift:

Keep lying to yourself, with logical but invalid analysis . Some of us know the truth , that you don't want to be true.

Argue with Sanwo Olu's statement from October 2020 here:

https://guardian.ng/news/sanwo-olu-blames-forces-beyond-direct-control-for-lekki-killings/

Below is from a post by a Nairalander Naptu2. Read and understand. If you can

"You might remember that I had warned that things were going very bad. I lived near the epicentre of the whole thing and I could see what was happening.

I was previously going out every day to document what was happening. I shot videos of the moment that Davido entered my estate, the time that an ambulance was trying to get through, the fact that traffic was being diverted to the bridge, etc.

The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge was initially open and all traffic was diverted that way because protesters had blocked the expressway. Then Davido entered my estate in a convoy and they went to block the bridge. For the next few days protesters would enter the estate around 2 or 3pm to block the bridge. I kept wondering, what about all the innocent people that came from the Mainland to work in Lekki? Then it gradually started getting worse until we got to Thursday.

It became full blown on Thursday the 15th or Friday the 16th of October. You see area boys were gradually taking over the bridge. The protesters would come in at 2 or 3pm to shut the bridge and area boys would mingle with them. Gradually, over time, there were fewer protesters and more area boys. The area boys were smoking Indian hemp and forcing people to pay them before they opened the bridge. By Thursday the place was just filled with area boys. Two of them were near me (one was smoking) and they were insulting Buhari, Tinubu and basically everybody. This was around 7 or 7:30pm. I had previously been recording videos, but I didn't record that day.

My knowledge of Lagos made me decide that I was not going out after that day. What I saw made me call everybody and get them to promise me that they would not go to work any more. I even called up some Nairalanders and got them to promise me that they won't go out.

There were videos of rioters attacking RRS men on Herbert Macaulay Way in Yabe. Believe it or not, some people cheered the rioters. Then things hit home very hard and we had the first confusion.

Okechukwu Obi-Enadhuze (aka Oke) was very popular in the online community. Some of the people that organised the protest were even close to him. He was a very brilliant computer science student. Reports emerged that he had died. Some people even said that he was killed at Lekki Tollgate. His brother emerged on Twitter to state the truth. Can you imagine that some people attacked his brother for stating the truth?

Oke lived at Mafoluku Police Barracks with his mother and brother. The rioters attacked the nearby police station and the policemen fired into the air and did everything that they could do to keep the rioters at bay until their ammunition finished. The rioters overran the police station and burnt it down. They then turned their sights to the police barracks.

They burned all the cars in the police barracks and ransacked the flats. They came to Oke's flat. The rioters stole everything in the flat, but Oke did all he could to ensure that they didn't harm his mother or younger brother. However, before leaving, the rioters pushed him into his mother's room and stabbed him in the neck. They also wanted to stab the younger brother, but he moved and was cut on the chin. The mother and brother carried Oke out of the flat and to the front of the police station in order to seek help, but Oke passed away. #

Around 10am on the morning of the 20th, the lunatics attacked the Orile Police Station, stabbed the armourer in the eye with a screwdriver, killed him, carted away AK47 assault rifles and several rounds of ammunition and burnt down the station. Hoodlums also tried to burn down the Denton Police Station.

I heard lots of gunshots that night and I assumed that they were all from the toll plaza and Admiralty Way, but I later realised that this was probably not the case. Some of the people that ran away from the toll plaza ran onto Akiogun Road. They then tried to burn down Maroko Police Station, but the policemen opened fire and defended the station.

Some of those rioters that I heard shouting at night actually went to the Lekki Police Post and burnt it down. I don't know what happened to the policemen that were at the post. They also burnt the Lekki Estate gatehouse down.

I got reports that there was also shooting at my old neighbourhood and I was wondering why. Well, prisoners tried to escape from Ikoyi Prison and it took the efforts of mobile policemen from Mopol 2 and soldiers from Dodan Barracks to contain the situation. Some of the prisoners died. Nobody has answered my question about these prison breaks. There were prison breaks across the country during the End SARS riots. How did the prisoners know what was happening outside and how did they coordinate these prison breaks that happened across the country.

Basically, many people died across Lagos and across the country as mad people attacked any government facility that they could lay their hands on.

That's where a lot of these corpses came from".

2 Likes

Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by mfm04622: 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2023
Blitzerz:

Are you saying policemen shot and killed people during endsars?

But the initial claim was nobody died now.
Have you forgotten?
You need memory aid?

Nobody died at the Lekki Toll Gate! That was the claim! Who claimed nobody died during the Endsars protests when these 103 bodies were discussed at the Endsars tribunal?

1 Like

Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Untube: 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
flokii:
Leave plenty talk.. tell your Governor to wise up and embrace Yoruba identity. It's time to drop the woke city nonsense.
Some unfortunate ones are hell bent on turning Lagos upside down to score cheap political points. It's time to guard everything concerning Lagos jealously from outsiders. Give Yorubas and other indigenes all the positions up till cleaner and watch the madness die natural death.

Remember the Igbo lawmaker that erected billboard warning likes of Phyno and Flavour to stay off her state and go protest in their state of origin?.. That's is the kind of treatment outsiders should be getting in Lagos.

Start from Tinubu because he is an "outsider" according to your analysis. Jobless modafuka... With all your education, you are fooled by politicians. But your type would love to travel to USA, and contest political seat

1 Like

Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by azikiweironsi(m): 9:26pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ayo25:
I believed their were killings during the end sars protest, whether there was a massacre is another thing.

But to be fair to the Sanwo Olu led government, they did everything to prevent the ugly situation. Before the night of October 20th 2020, Sars have been banned, the Governor visited the venue of the protest twice and identify with protesters, someone even called him 'were' on one of such occasions. What else does anyone thinks should have been done, that was not done?

At some point every protest have to come to an end to make for progress but of course the end sars protest had political colouration and some misguided youths allowed themselves to be used to put the government in a very difficult situation.

It is my take that on the night of October 20th, there was no reason for anyone to still on the protest ground, considering a curfew have been declared also. It does not matter how aggrieved you are with the government, you have to apply reason when engaging the government.

As you dragged the government for the end sars killings you have to dragged the leaders and organisers of the protest too who do not know at what point to retreat and fight another day, thereby leading countless youths to their untimely death. Why did not any of the big names of the protest lose their lives?

We must heal from all of these end sars misfortune and move on please.

They will come after you and abuse you.
The headless chickens does not have the time to read and assimilate before jumping to conclusions.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Naustine(m): 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2023
mfm04622:

Do you have a comprehension problem or you did not read the message?

In summary,

1.The bodies were picked up from various parts of Lagos. None were picked up at Lekki Toll Gate
2. The issue of the bodies were already argued at the Endsars tribunal. They were not new.
3. At no point in the writeup was an admission they were killed by gunshot wounds. In fact, the cause of death of each and every one were already presented at the tribunal

The bodies picked up from.various parts of lagos was killed by who?

1 Like

Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by seeme2(f): 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2023
At least they are burying these ones for dignity and compassion unlike the Anambra where hundreds of corpse littered the river. Till today no clue.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by DaddyJapan(m): 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2023
43Ronin:

I don't know about the lekki toll casualties, but you see iju ishaga/fagba many of the dead were yoruba people. There was a fight between yoruba thugs and hausa cattle herders/butchers people in fagba during the end sars.The hausas killed so many of those thugs in fagba and burnt many shops. It was a real massacre of yorubas in fagba sha... The army had to step in. So I believe this story by LASG.

Thank you for providing an account that deepens our understanding of the events during that period.

I have to say that I am quite disturbed by the language employed by LASG to describe the human casualties which resulted from #EndSARs: "...For the records, the Lagos State Environmental Health Unit (SEHMU) picked up bodies in the aftermath". Bodies in the aftermath? Human suffering should never be sterilised by indelicate prose. We have to do better than this as a society.

With the above said, LASG is at least right to point to the high number of fatalities which resulted from clashes elsewhere. cry

‘We lost 25 northerners in Lagos’

The Fagba community in Lagos came under heavy attacks in the aftermath of the #EndSARS protest in the state leading to loss of lives and properties.

The Hausa community in the area under Ifakojaye Local Government also suffered many casualties as the crisis which took ethnic dimension with claim and counter-claim over the circumstances leading to the carnage witnessed in the hitherto calm environment.

Apart from the loss of lives, several properties and shops were burnt in the violence which spread to Oja Oba, Agric, Panada, Elere, Iju Station, Akute, Alamutu, Obawole, among others.

One of the northern leaders living in Lagos, Alhaji Ado Shu’aibu Dansudu, told Daily Trust Saturday that northerners living in the state were thrown into anguish and apprehension.
Source: https://dailytrust.com/we-were-preyed-on-amidst-endsars-protests-northerners/

Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by emmybobo1: 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2023
fergie001:

PREVIOUS THREAD:
https://www.nairaland.com/7774989/sanwo-olu-approves-mass-burial-103#124600473
So according to stupid illiterates , dimwits and cursed people, if nobody came to claim these dead bodies then there’s no dead bodies anywhere. Now may I ask the fools why the owners of these dead people didn’t come on national Tv to declare a missing person ?
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Tayorshd87: 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2023
madridguy:
I pray Lagos State don't have a weak man as Gov. Sanwo-Olu again. Gov. Sanwo-Olu is too weak for a state like Lagos.

Meanwhile, explanation upon explanation is not needed again.

U think so ??
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Uchesis: 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2023
flokii:
Leave plenty talk.. tell your Governor to wise up and embrace Yoruba identity. It's time to drop the woke city nonsense.
Some unfortunate ones are hell bent on turning Lagos upside down to score cheap political points. It's time to guard everything concerning Lagos jealously from outsiders. Give Yorubas and other indigenes all the positions up till cleaner and watch the madness die natural death.

Remember the Igbo lawmaker that erected billboard warning likes of Phyno and Flavour to stay off her state and go protest in their state of origin?.. That's is the kind of treatment outsiders should be getting in Lagos.
If we check well now, your ancestors are from ijebu or osogbo but because you be yoruba you dey claim Lagos.
I've told seun that if nairaland doesn't kill tribalism, then tribalism will kill nairaland

1 Like

Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Emola12(m): 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2023
Christistruth03:
Fake News
between you ,sanwo olu and US who come dey lie now
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by pfadom: 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
How I wished Fashola were the Governor of Lagos State at this time. What else do these rumours peddlers want to hear from Sanwo-Olu?
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Abemy(m): 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
In summary, protesters at Leki tollgate were immune to death.

Only protesters in other parts of the state were not immuned.

And who killed them, if I may ask?
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by rippa(m): 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
richie240:
Majority of those victims of d endsars protest were the fallout of the fake news carried by d likes of dj switch and other enemies of the state.

The fake news led to d wanton destruction of lives and properties. Till tmr they've not bn able to provide any evidence of 'massacre' on lekki bridge that night neither have they able to provide a single relative of those massacred.

The place in their backyard where there were evidences of massacre, they pretended it didn't happen.

Ndi Umu Ekwensus.
cool
It will reach ur turn and there will be no one to fight for u
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by emmybobo1: 9:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
mfm04622:

Do you have a comprehension problem or you did not read the message?

In summary,

1.The bodies were picked up from various parts of Lagos. None were picked up at Lekki Toll Gate
2. The issue of the bodies were already argued at the Endsars tribunal. They were not new.
3. At no point in the writeup was an admission they were killed by gunshot wounds. In fact, the cause of death of each and every one were already presented at the tribunal
So they said none was picked from lekki toll gate and you just believed them? How simple you can be
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Snowx: 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Some of our leaders s f politicians are evil, I thought some Afonjas tribal bigots said there was no killing and they have mind to defend the wicked FG..may God have mercy on Nigerians
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by emmybobo1: 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2023
flokii:

Na our Yoruba people dey tolerate their nonsense, I have been saying it and will keep saying it.. Just because they want to appear as saints and politically correct, they'll be using Yoruba heritage and jobs to do father xmas for people seeking their downfall.

The Northerners came out en masse to resist Ipob agenda in FCT, even got to a point they violently attacked Igbo investments and burnt most to ashes.
What of the destructions during the endsars in Enugu, that are still visible in Enugu metropolis ? Who did that ? The Yorubas I suppose
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by commoditiesnig: 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2023
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Blitzerz: 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2023
mfm04622:

Nobody died at the Lekki Toll Gate! That was the claim! Who claimed nobody died during the Endsars protests when these 103 bodies were discussed at the Endsars tribunal?

And what was the conclusion of the tribunal?
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by emmybobo1: 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2023
richie240:
You guys are making a caricature of urselves.
Where in d report did sanwoolu say d 103 victims died on lekki bridge?
cool
Ok who are the families of the 103 people ? Why didn’t they come to claim them?
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Morbeta11(m): 9:47pm On Jul 23, 2023
flokii:

Well you are a common Nairaland faceless commentator, govanance is not a one way myopic street
issue...
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Swissli(f): 9:47pm On Jul 23, 2023
From No Deaths To 103¿ undecided
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by kareemkamil(m): 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2023
If this is true, Tinubu & Sanwolu, will not go unpunished
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Konjiboii: 9:56pm On Jul 23, 2023
richie240:
Majority of those victims of d endsars protest were the fallout of the fake news carried by d likes of dj switch and other enemies of the state.

The fake news led to d wanton destruction of lives and properties. Till tmr they've not bn able to provide any evidence of 'massacre' on lekki bridge that night neither have they able to provide a single relative of those massacred.

The place in their backyard where there were evidences of massacre, they pretended it didn't happen.

Ndi Umu Ekwensus.
cool

There will come a time when something will happen to you and nobody will believe you, you shall cry,plead,beg and nobody will come to your aid.no be swear but people like you life no dey end well.
If you were not anywhere near ground zero then you should shut the hell up.
Everybody will get what is coming to them finally sha. Keep kissing the anus of Nigeria govt.
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by phemmyfour: 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2023
atiku4President:
Pure damage control.
very obvious ...
And it took them 2yrs to arrange for the burial.

If the document wasn't leaked, nobody will know about it.
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by tomdon(m): 10:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
madridguy:
I pray Lagos State don't have a weak man as Gov. Sanwo-Olu again. Gov. Sanwo-Olu is too weak for a state like Lagos.

Meanwhile, explanation upon explanation is not needed again.

Weldone strongman. Ode!
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Konjiboii: 10:04pm On Jul 23, 2023
emmybobo1:

So they said none was picked from lekki toll gate and you just believed them? How simple you can be

Bro I'm really shocked how gullible this generation have become, very brain dead individuals. All this people saying there were no bodies didn't even attend any of the protest, talk less of being at the very day it happened, but they will be quick to accept blatant lies from the media. Makes you wonder how they have live this long.
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Larryndelaw: 10:12pm On Jul 23, 2023
J have not seen any family that cried out saying the his or family dies in the end Sars saga
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by Nakedtruths: 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2023
helinues:
grin

I no talk am.

Those who believed in the acclaimed Lekki massacre and also those who swallowed the 103 death should check themselves up at the nearest rehabilitation center. Lots are wrong with them without consciously knowing
If there was a massacre by the government and you are saying it's a lie or it doesn't matter, before this year ends, you would permanently change address from this physical realm. If you are right, May God uplift you
Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by richie240: 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2023
Did sanwoolu tell u they died on lekki bridge?
cool
emmybobo1:

Ok who are the families of the 103 people ? Why didn’t they come to claim them?

Re: Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt by phemmyfour: 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2023
Nawteemaxie:

Definitely ChatGPT! grin
Honestly, when you start seeing a lot of adverbs like additionally, individually etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Defection: PDP Demands Tambuwal's Resignation / History Of Nigerian Presidents & Their Religious Beliefs / Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.