Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) (47365 Views)

The Unaired Part Of Aisha Buhari's Interview, By Jaafar - Premium Times / Aisha Buhari's Interview: BBC Defies Pressure From Presidency, Dogara & Daura / GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Usiyaro(m): 9:59am On Feb 09, 2015
Here's a link to watch an exclusive interview GMB had with Aljazeera yesterday while in Abuja, it is an indeed a must watch, GMB really sure knows how to answer a question when directed to him. Anyways here's the link. Enjoy your view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3md94JAFyM
View and please make mature comments, thanks.

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by iyke909: 10:41am On Feb 09, 2015
he called INEC independent Nigeria electoral commission.
he said the election has been postponed by six months.
he is bitter that chad are helping Nigeria defeat his boys Boko haram.
The lady was even pleading with him before she can ask him some questions....like questions about his health.
This man should go and see a doctor as he looks too frail,the interviewer was even having pity on him as she had to slow down to accommodate his slow thought process and thinking pattern.

150 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by DebateNigeria: 11:07am On Feb 09, 2015
iyke909:

The lady was even pleading with him before she can ask him some questions....like questions about his health.
This man should go and see a doctor as he looks too frail,the interviewer was even having pity on him as she had to slow down to accommodate his slow thought process and thinking pattern.
I watched it live yesterday. My take on the interview:

His High: I will give GMB almost a 100% for confidence and composure, at his age, he is even more confident and composed than some younger aspirants (the last NEDG VP Debate comes to mind). He was also smart enough to answer questions the way he interpreted the question, not necessarily what was asked, with this it was difficult for the woman to generate any question from his answers which would have opened him up.

His low: Not knowing the full meaning of INEC and APC is unpardonable for a leader of his status, there is no excuse for forgetting, he did not make any effort to immediately correct himself. A foreigner who does not live in Nigeria can easily argue that APC is All Progressive Confidence and use this interview as his reference point.
Another low for me was the fact that he didn't answer any question that has to do with "HOW", instead he will just talk about his past, he didn't say HOW he intends to bring back and rescue the Chibok girls, HOW he will fight Boko Haram, etc.
Lastly, referring to smaller political parties as MUSHROOM parties in an angry manner and saying anyone who does not like his face can go ahead to vote for the opposition or MUSHROOM parties is not acceptable, there are more subtle way to drive home his point.

Sumarily, I think GMB of today is far more refined than ever before, the APC has done well for him, this is what you get when you have intellectuals with new ideas all around you.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by KwoiZabo(m): 11:14am On Feb 09, 2015
iyke909:

He also called APC all progressive CONFIDENCE. Buhari brain don Jabo (cast). He tried anyway but Buhari still remains a regional champion and cannot appeal to Nigerians beyond the NE and NW. It's easier said than done. Apart from Insurgency, security Naionwide has improved since GEJ came on board also Buhari has never told us how to tackle other of Nigerian's problems like Power, Economy, regional autonomy, Federal character, infrastructure, foreign relations etc. Also looking at the diversity of the Country, it's safer to allow our slow but steady progress under GEJ than the radical change APC is proposing which is not feasible 'coz the APC leadership is more corrupt than the sitting govt.
Finally APC is still the Oluwole party that just wants power not the interest of Nigerians.

142 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Jk210(f): 11:48am On Feb 09, 2015
I must confess I was impressed by the General's gait and composure plus the way he tackled questions thrown at him without resorting to personal attacks on the incumbent administration.

Sure, there was the occasional slip ups with Inec referred to as Independent Nigeria electoral commision as against Independent National electoral commission, APC as All progressives confidence and 6 weeks as 6 months but it was just that; a slip. Perfectly human and perfectly normal....even the lady asking the questions had a slip at a point though she corrected herself.

Seun, can we have this on front page? Folks who had wanted to see the general in a debate would have the opportunity of hearing him speak via this interview.

Cc Lalasticlala Obinoscopy

183 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by onosprince(m): 11:51am On Feb 09, 2015
Thats the general grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 09, 2015
The 1st scene in that video should be our number one concern where he over throne a democratic elected president and that same person want to rule in democracy? I think is not right for him be talking about corrupt people when he is surrounded with the numbers of corrupt persons in Nigeria Tinubu, Atiku, Amaechi and Co. According to Buhari in 2007, he labeled Tinubu as one of the most corrupt politician and now he is heading his campaign. Only God knows where Nigeria is headed to.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 09, 2015
iyke909:

. Iyke can u see the level of hypocrisy in Nigeria? Its alarming. If it was jonathan who made any of those mistakes,even if e was half of one of them, u would see the bashing he would get..
See whether he was composed or not is not relevant. The least thing u should have if u want to become president is composure!

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by pittoilet(f): 11:52am On Feb 09, 2015
hmmmm.... GMB
okay
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Johnnoah1st: 11:52am On Feb 09, 2015
WHETHER NA APC OR PDP WIN THE ELECTION, THAT IS NON OF MY BUSSINES CUS FOR NOW AM NOT DIRECTLY IN BENEFIT OF ANYTHING FROM THE GOVERNMENT.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by mustaphagreens(m): 11:52am On Feb 09, 2015
iyke909:

You must be a pathetic and hopeless and clueless and silly and inept liar. Did you actually watch the video?? This is what too much online viewing of mojo can do to your brain, it obscures your judgement. Nowhere in that video did buhari appear frail nor was he slow to answer any question. His replies were apt and intelligent and his demeanor so confident one could easily tell the general meant business. Please close that pit and stop spreading falsehood.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by iiichidodo: 11:54am On Feb 09, 2015
He was really fidgety in the interview like a fish out of water...maybe he felt apprehensive about his accents or the fear he might be thrown salient questions which he would have no answer like his forged certificate,tribal bigotry,human rights record as a dictator and allegation of perjury.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Azwealth(m): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2015
He did well

15 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by tejpot(m): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2015
wE HAVE HEARD

But this interview is way way better than the interview the clueless one had with Amanpour when he was in Davos. Where he lied that Nigerians have started enjoying 24/7 electricity.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by frodobee: 11:54am On Feb 09, 2015
Good for him.
Jk210:
I must confess I was impressed by the General's gait and composure plus the way he tackled questions thrown at him without resorting to personal attacks on the incumbent administration.
Sure, there was the occasional slip ups with Inec referred to as Independent Nigeria electoral commision as against Independent National electoral commission, APC as All progressives confidence and 6 weeks as 6 months but it was just that; a slip. Perfectly human and perfectly normal....even the lady asking the questions had a slip at a point though she corrected herself.
Seun, can we have this on front page? Folks who had wanted to see the general in a debate would have the opportunity of hearing him speak via this interview.

I must commend you for your great show of love to the general, quite obvious in your write up with a large dose of understanding of human lapses and frailties- very forgiven of you.
Need anyone why the opposite for Mr President? Check this reply by berem.

berem:
Shhhhhh!!
Watch the video first before ranting. This time,very slowly and carefully.

I wish to point out that hate is like a baggage, you carry it around and it weighs you down. Can we for once do away with hate for GEJ or GMB and see them for real for what they are and not hate-filled views that kills the soul. Even if you don't love GEJ can you just see him as human as GMB is seen by the qouted poster.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by losprince(m): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2015
And some called this man, Buhari. This one is past no one is above mistake. No hard feelings, just dont like politicians undecided
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 09, 2015
iyke909:

[s] he called INEC independent Nigeria electoral commission.
This man should go and see a doctor as he looks too frail,the interviewer was even having pity on him as she had to slow down to accommodate his slow thought process and thinking pattern. [/s]
Shhhhhh!!
Watch the video first before ranting. This time,very slowly and carefully.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Oyinprince(m): 11:55am On Feb 09, 2015
Jk210:

are you kidding me? Someone who wants to rule the nation is forgetting the full meaning of his party's acronym? And even INEC? He doesn't even remember the time left to the election? Even my 7yr old kid brother won't forget it is 6weeks not months.

He even made the INEC mistake before and FFK mocked him and he's repeating it again?

I just hope this man does not win this election, he will be a disgrace to Nigerians both at home and to the international community

Edited:

Nothing inspiring about the video self, only exposes why he does not want to debate

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Deen4me(m): 11:55am On Feb 09, 2015
Great Interview

Answered the questions posed confidently

E.g Penal codes for drug trafficking etc

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 09, 2015
Jk210:

You sound forgiving and humane, I like that, but am sure if that was GEJ you sure would have called him clueless and asked for his head to be served on a plate.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by alberto2k(m): 11:55am On Feb 09, 2015
Kai... I can't waste my mb

Na so so hay feee see person go dey hear 4 him mouth angry

#neutral

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by NaLaugh: 11:58am On Feb 09, 2015
Why dem block the video for U.S? angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 09, 2015
Well said Nigeria's President come March 2015 ...
This is the man we need ..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Hemanwel(m): 11:58am On Feb 09, 2015
Oh Lord,let your WILL be done in this nation with regard to the forthcoming general elections!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by madridguy(m): 11:59am On Feb 09, 2015
okay
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 09, 2015
This is Very encouraging..Such Composure and Articulation..Though a few errors of INEC and APC, at least its better than the Clueless one "Stealing is not corruption" and " America will know if money is missing. "
How many people on here 4 buhari ?? Click Like

78 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Youngandactive: 11:59am On Feb 09, 2015
shun violence
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by sirrinky: 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2015
Some thoughts
Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Amule5000us(m): 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2015
Change may be postponed but can never be denied
‪#‎MARCH4BUHARI‬

23 Likes

Re: Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) by Samsantos9: 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2015
Jk210:
Lets be sincere if it was GEJ that made this "slip up" would you be this mild?

18 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wike: APC Planted A Presidential Aspirant In PDP As A Mole / Nigerians Visit President Tinubu’s Ikoyi Residence For Xmas Goodies (video) / Oshiomhole Has Already Campaigned For Obaseki – Idahosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.