Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN (22683 Views)

Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa / JS Okutepa SAN Who Reject Tinubu Legal Team Join Peter Obi Legal Team / Yoruba SANs Assembled To Defend Electoral Theft. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by fergie001: 10:11am On Jul 24, 2023
Okutepa has been a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) since 26th August 2011 and one of the lawyers representing Peter Obi/Labour Party in the Presidemtial Elections Tribunal.

In a series of tweets, the senior lawyer lambasted his colleagues who defend what is wrong thereby drawing criticisms to the profession.

When I see what we do as lawyers before election petitions Tribunals and how we deployed our knowledge of law in aid of electoral frauds, I laughed. Nigerians are getting fed up with the legal profession. Nigerians are angry that lawyers are Nigerian problems. It ought not to be.

Legal profession all over the world had its roots in purity of justice. It is a profession that should be leading light. But it appears that some Nigerian lawyers have become infested with Nigerian virus of primordial partisan politics of wickedness that they promote injustice.

Those who know that all is not well with our political system still defend what is wrong using their knowledge to promote wrongs as if wrong is right. As lawyers we must come together to save Nigeria from sinking deeper in mess we are now. Nothing seems to be working.

Nigerians are suffering. Yet people in power have no ideas of the poverty in the land. Nigerians are bottling up so many things in anger. We seem not to know that those who protect and promote evils will not escape the bottling angers of Nigerians. Nigerians are united in poverty.

Jibrin Samuel Okutepa SAN

I have never advocated that justice be based on emotions and sentiments. No I will not do so. My training does not permit me to think of it. But in doing justice no one should allow himself or herself to be used as road block to justice. No institution should above judicial order.

When we used our knowledge of law in aid of disrespect and disobedience to valid processes in aid of truth, we have in the process murdered justice. Let nobody tells me that my arguments are rooted in emotions. No they are based on reality and practical injustice in Nigeria.

I believe firmly that vast majority of us lawyers in Nigeria cannot successfully practiced law in sane societies where there are consequences for professional misconduct. The duties we owe as lawyers is for justice. We cannot argue for what creates pains for people as justice.

There is a need for the legal profession to purge itself and bring sanity to our justice system where what is wrong must not be given baptismal name of right under the guise of legal jargon and arid arguments being promoted in aid of evils. Let us do what benefits majority of us.

Jibrin Samuel Okutepa SAN

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by TemplarLandry: 10:12am On Jul 24, 2023
This mushroom lawyer should go sit down.
Business is business.

179 Likes 24 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by fourboys: 10:31am On Jul 24, 2023
On point

133 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 10:36am On Jul 24, 2023
Chief Olanipekun are you hearing?
Defending a cocaine sniffer is not beans oo. Stop defending criminals.

All Eyes On The Judiciary.

256 Likes 27 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 10:40am On Jul 24, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Election rigging is very bad. Don't allow the illigalities you support come back to hunt you. Thanks

270 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2023
Because any of the high profile electoral candidates did not invite you. The last time I check, law is premised on the principles of JUSTICE and not MORALITY. May be it is time to join Seminary since lawyer should not defend electoral matters

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by Afamed: 10:41am On Jul 24, 2023
INVINCIBLECSP1:
Chief Olanipekun are you hearing?

You should be worried about Obi and his Lawyers

In all Obi submissions no where he claimed to have won election .

The sane question and sincere question, you should now ask yourself, when has Court/ Judges become father Christmas?

Mmesoma blood too full una body

164 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by SegunBABA007(m): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2023
K
Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by raskymonojendor: 10:41am On Jul 24, 2023
INVINCIBLECSP1:

Election rigging is very bad. Don't allow the illigalities you support come back to hunt you. Thanks
Of course. It is very bad.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by Racoon(m): 10:42am On Jul 24, 2023
Same feeling a Yoruba lawyer was expressing last Thursdays. A bastardized system gives room for perversion of justice and institutional corruption

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by Eriokanmi: 10:42am On Jul 24, 2023
INVINCIBLECSP1:

Tell him. We should also preach this to our kids. Only by doing so would we have a prosperous Nigeria. At times when I read the posts of some people here, I shake my head. If they occupy any political office, they'd be worse than those we call leaders

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by PlayerMeji: 10:43am On Jul 24, 2023
This one that Okutepa is already lamenting, isn't this a clear indicator of someone with insight into the failure of their submissions at PEPT.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by irunoko(m): 10:43am On Jul 24, 2023
grin
Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by beardedboy(m): 10:43am On Jul 24, 2023
See those minions above me insulting each other because of some miscreants.

Tinubu is a miscreant, Obi is a miscreant, Atiku is a miscreant. Tribalism is the only reason why you people are supporting these three miscreants. Otherwise, you all know they're disasters.

This lawyer is a miscreant. His colleagues that he's attacking are also miscreants. They are charging heavy wages to support known THIEVES.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:44am On Jul 24, 2023
Hehehehe 😁 🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜„ 😁 🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜„ 😁 🀣
See dem........

Who no go send this kind people go home.
Delusional souls everywhere,
Disturbing the peace of the nation offline and online.
Bunch of nonentities

madridguy:
To go and search for his missing manhood mandate grin

Hehehehehehe πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„ 😁 🀣 πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜ƒ

Micheal56:

Make Una leave Obi rest
As he no won use Money carry SAN
He Dey carry charge and pay
for presidential matter because of stinginessπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Lol πŸ˜ƒ,
U sef see him lawyer below.
Na real charge and bail lawyer,
Against Asiwaju JAGABAN, and over 8 million Sane Nigerians.
Elupeee ti Luleeee

Micheal56:
Charge and pay lawyers πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
GBAMSOLUTELY!!!

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by vastolord4(m): 10:44am On Jul 24, 2023
grin sir, Opposition goons are coming for your head! Gear up

1 Like

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by plumcomm: 10:44am On Jul 24, 2023
Oga do your work.

12 Likes

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by MorataFC: 10:44am On Jul 24, 2023
Hmmm,ok
Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by Toks2008(m): 10:44am On Jul 24, 2023
hmmmm

inasmuch as i agree with him, i think he is still allowing emotions to cloud his sense of reasoning.

Law and emotions have no relationship whatsoever. Lawyers must make a living and whoever wants to be a lawyer must be prepared to kill his or her conscience so that he or she will not go hungry.

My able SAN, I feel your pain, I am an obedient but i think those you should be writing about are not the lawyers who are only trying to put food on their table by defending a conspicuous sabotage of Nigeria credible democratic process by INEC but you should address the Nigeria Judges that have sold their conscience for a morsel of bread.

I just hope we will not have a repetition of Shagari vs Awolowo where the court killed the judiciary by delivering the worst judgement YET.

Lets see how it goes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 10:44am On Jul 24, 2023
Afamed:

You should be worried about Obi and his Lawyers

In all Obi submissions no where he claimed to have won election .

The sane question and sincere question, you should now ask yourself, when has Court/ Judges become father Christmas?
It's Monday and I don't have time to educate agbado munchers. This free time I have to make my own inputs and counter the propaganda you lots have be spreading here will be used for the sole purpose. Please go back to your cocaine sniffing. Bye.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by Karlman: 10:45am On Jul 24, 2023
Ok
Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by maasoap(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2023
Then, use your own knowledge to expose it. Ode!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by plumcomm: 10:45am On Jul 24, 2023
Oga do your work,because your classmate carry expo no be him make you fail exam.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by SyndyB(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2023
G
Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by MorataFC: 10:45am On Jul 24, 2023
TemplarLandry:
smh

1 Like

Re: My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN by Racoon(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2023
Nigerians are suffering. Yet people in power have no ideas of the poverty in the land. Nigerians are bottling up so many things in anger. We seem not to know that those who protect and promote evils will not escape the bottling angers of Nigerians. Nigerians are united in poverty.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Was Swindled By Chibok Girls Negotiators – Adesina / Racist Polish Border Guards Say No To 'Indians, Africans And Middle Easterners' / Dino Melaye Remains In Intensive Care Unit, Three Days Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.