Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,068 members, 7,849,324 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 (444569 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (483) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 10:51am On Aug 05, 2023
Nora064:

Pls @Bobomaigida, in respect to this GIC account, how does one get funds back after opening the account if per adventure the visa is denied?

The bank will return the funds to the account it was sent from, less administrative charges.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Dorinug: 10:52am On Aug 05, 2023
StanOyiga72:

You wanted to deaf their ear with webforms! Congratulations to you and the family. I tap from this sensational news. I'll be celebrating as well soon. Amen.

Amen!!! You’ll testify soonest.

As in eh, they held us in too much suspense too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 10:54am On Aug 05, 2023
OA2:
Thanks a lot for responding,

Could you please let me know the email address to send them to.

Thanks again

nrobi-im-document@international.gc.ca
NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
Abuja-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 10:56am On Aug 05, 2023
caprock:
Hello All, I need your advice. I applied for a Study permit to study at McGill University, Montreal Quebec. I used a POF of almost $200,000 CAD but the immigration officer still did not grant the Visa. Now I want to try another province. Which province and Universities are best now for getting Study permits?

Did you order your GCMS? That should be best way you know exact reason for your refusal. What was the generic reason of refusal they gave you??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tenderjunkie: 11:08am On Aug 05, 2023
Bobomaigida:

There is way to link applications, but you need the exact details of the present one in process.

Please check google and the IRCC link below
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
Thank you.
He has no details of the current one.
He'll have to appease the agent las las
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Thank you.
He has no details of the current one.
He'll have to appease the agent las las

Does he have the UCI number? If yes, I think he should just open a new portal acct, fill the immigration forms with his former UCI number and the portal will be automatically linked with the previous portal with regards to not having to do another biometrics. What I am not sure of is if the new portal will display previous history of applications
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by segzyndpep(m): 11:15am On Aug 05, 2023
Does anyone have experience deferring a program after a visa has been granted due to not meeting up with the final enrolment date? I just want to know if one needs to go through the whole visa process or if the passport will have to be re-stamped.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tenderjunkie: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2023
zubizareta:

Does he have the UCI number? If yes, I think he should just open a new portal acct, fill the immigration forms with his former UCI number and the portal will be automatically linked with the previous portal with regards to not having to do another biometrics. What I am not sure of is if the new portal will display previous history of applications
Gracias gracias gracias
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 11:49am On Aug 05, 2023
segzyndpep:
Does anyone have experience deferring a program after a visa has been granted due to not meeting up with the final enrolment date? I just want to know if one needs to go through the whole visa process or if the passport will have to be re-stamped.

As long as you defer to a session/intake when your visa is still valid then you should be fine

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 11:56am On Aug 05, 2023
Yes that is what you should do apply to another province. Please try to avoid the French province they have a different entry document you will need from the govt to apply for study permit, your offer letter alone is not enough. You can request for your gcms note
caprock:
Hello All, I need your advice. I applied for a Study permit to study at McGill University, Montreal Quebec. I used a POF of almost $200,000 CAD but the immigration officer still did not grant the Visa. Now I want to try another province. Which province and Universities are best now for getting Study permits?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by segzyndpep(m): 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2023
zubizareta:

As long as you defer to a session/intake when your visa is still valid then you should be fine

Thank you so much, Do i need to inform the IRCC at all?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SouthernBreeze(m): 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2023
House please can I contact IRCC myself? I applied theough an agent. Though the agent has sent mails but no response. I applied 17th May, upfront medicals passed June 5th and since then no update. I'll be resuming September 5th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2023
Request for your gcms note the problem might not be SOP but send an email
Shadowchrone:
Hello guys, My application have been refused twice, pls who can help with writing a strong SOP?🙏🙏🙏🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
SouthernBreeze:
House please can I contact IRCC myself? I applied theough an agent. Though the agent has sent mails but no response. I applied 17th May, upfront medicals passed June 5th and since then no update. I'll be resuming September 5th

Has your friend seen the portal? Or signed on for tracking the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2023
segzyndpep:

Thank you so much, Do i need to inform the IRCC at all?
Not necessary. As long as your Visa is still valid at point of entry, travel. It's at POE you will you have to explain why you deferred and also show proof of fund. So to help your matter, try pay your tuition before you eventually travel and ofcourse you will show them at POE updated pof as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by segzyndpep(m): 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
zubizareta:

Not necessary. As long as your Visa is still valid at point of entry, travel. It's at POE you will you have to explain why you deferred and also show proof of fund. So to help your matter, try pay your tuition before you eventually travel and of course you will show them at POE updated pof as well.
Thank you so much for your input. The full tuition has been paid. The pof I will work it out. Just planning ahead based on the timelines i have been seeing recently.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Dorinug: 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
Reggyiyke:
Hi guys!!!
Please in a situation where wife is applying for study permit and the husband is her sponsor. Can the husband also apply for SOWP along with the wife's application? If yes, then it means both will use the the sponsor's (husband's) POF?
Thanks for your prompt, responses.

Yes, this is what we did and submitted letter of sponsorship and affidavit of sponsorship
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by OkoyeAka(m): 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hello, Anyone going to Calgary? let us connect pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by JMG12: 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2023
Yes but make such the POF is sufficient for the entire family
Example: if the POF for the principal applicant is 20M, because the husband will be her dependent then the total POF will increase to maybe 25M or 30M, just do the maths
Reggyiyke:
Hi guys!!!
Please in a situation where wife is applying for study permit and the husband is her sponsor. Can the husband also apply for SOWP along with the wife's application? If yes, then it means both will use the the sponsor's (husband's) POF?
Thanks for your prompt, responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SouthernBreeze(m): 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Has your friend seen the portal? Or signed on for tracking the application?
I'm the applicant though I use an agent who submited on my behalf. Yes, I saw my portal and eligibility has not started. Though the agent sent mails though haven't called. I don't know if I can send mail and call them since I'm the applicant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tenderjunkie: 1:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
zubizareta:

So I just spoke to him. He has the UCI number.

Unfortunately, he sent his passport to the agent to have his visitor visa stamped.
Agent is demanding for 3.5m to be paid in full before releasing the passport or they'll ensure he gets a ban.

I advised him to get a police report stating his passport is missing. That way, he can send a webform to IRCC stating his current IRCC account has been compromised and tender the police report. That should mitigate any plan the agent has in getting him banned.

Then, he can apply for a new passport and start the new visa application process afresh.

Your thoughts please...

Bobomaigida

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by yemiezay(m): 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
Honeeydrop:
Thnk you. I got the notif that my daughters Passport was at IRCC yesterday, also got the notif for Lagos pickup that same yesterday. It didn't take 3 days

Did you submit your passport to the visa office yourself( in person) or used the courier?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 1:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
segzyndpep:

Thank you so much for your input. The full tuition has been paid. The pof I will work it out. Just planning ahead based on the timeless i have been seeing recently.

Then you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by zubizareta(m): 1:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Unfortunately, he sent his passport to the agent to have his visitor visa stamped.
Agent is demanding for 3.5m to be paid in full before releasing the passport or they'll ensure he gets a ban.

I advised him to get a police report stating his passport is missing. That way, he can send a webform to IRCC stating his current IRCC account has been compromised and tender the police report. That should mitigate any plan the agent has in getting him banned.

Then, he can apply for a new passport and start the new visa application process afresh.

Your thoughts please...

Bobomaigida

Why is his agent with his passport? Did he get any passport submission request??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tenderjunkie: 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2023
zubizareta:

Why is his agent with his passport? Did he get any passport submission request??

Yes, he did.
The agent has actually shown him a video of the passport and stamped visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Obiprecious: 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
I'm having same problem right. Even I have paid 40% of my school fees.
I'm worried bro
SouthernBreeze:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Obiprecious: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hello, Anyone going to Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology Sudbury. Ontario? let us connect pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by SouthernBreeze(m): 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
Obiprecious:
I'm having same problem right. Even I have paid 40% of my school fees.
I'm worried bro
when did you submit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by MumiOlivia: 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Yeah.
When using smallpdf, don't use the traditional 'merge pdf'. Go to the 'Documents' tab and play around with it. You'll be amazed at the wonders it can do for you

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by Bobomaigida: 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Your thoughts please...

Bobomaigida

Why are they having issues, didn't they have an agreement of what each party is to do? It looks as if there was not plan. Since there is a dispute, he can involve the police to possibly help with resolution, lon and short is that he will spend money, but not up to that N3.5mm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by AfroBeatDiary: 4:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Your thoughts please...

Bobomaigida

That is very ensnaring.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by tenderjunkie: 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Why are they having issues, didn't they have an agreement of what each party is to do? It looks as if there was not plan. Since there is a dispute, he can involve the police to possibly help with resolution, lon and short is that he will spend money, but not up to that N3.5mm
They had agreement for a work visa which clearly the agent failed to deliver. When the PPR came for the VV, agent called my friend threatening that if he doesn't send his passport he'll get blacklisted.
My friend never had any agreement with the agent for a visitor visa, only work visa.
All means of negotiating with the agent to bring down the price have failed

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (483) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

Viewing this topic: Jomodupri(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.