Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

"Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State (55957 Views)

Naira Scarcity: Protesters Hit Sagamu, Raze Banks, INEC, IBEDC Offices / Protesters Hit Abuja Over Supreme Court Order On Old Naira (Photos) / EndSARS Protesters Hit Osogbo Roads, Storm House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Princedapace(m): 2:27am On Jul 25, 2023
favor914:
You got the wrong person buddy, what region did I bring up?

Like I stated earlier, it seems your mind is playing tricks on you.
I dont know who wrote what, I replied to a comment to my post here. I talked about right to protesters, the reply dragged a region that sit at home enforcers have been tormenting.
That was the comment I was replying to
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by silverlinen(m): 2:27am On Jul 25, 2023
Creeza:
My people lead. Others follow. Good one Edo state

It's been long overdue....We need to hold the government accountable.

This is a very nice showing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by SenatePresdo(m): 2:32am On Jul 25, 2023
membranus:
Any protest not supported by the Yorubas and the Hausas/Fulanis in Nigeria is DOA.

https://www.nairaland.com/7776933/protest-breaks-out-northern-nigeria

Hausa/fulanis don join ooh, dey play. Lagos will soon Join.

We igbos will never join any protest grin
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by headboyprince(m): 3:09am On Jul 25, 2023
Jonegonu:
what is the different between nigeria and Senegal. When you can't refine your oil.
is who is the reason why Nigeria cant refine fuel... so citizens should pay for the failures of her govt

mind you minimum wage is $181.106/Month in senegal while nigeria is at $38 and they get almost 24 uniterriputed power supply as opposed to Nigeria that spend so much fueling generators every day......abeg you no get talk just shut up.. angry
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Emekaonline: 3:45am On Jul 25, 2023
Tizmamoney:
Good one. We join soon. Na Edo dey start most of the protests that do happen in Nigeria. The Heartbeat of the Nation

As long as you dont bring your protest to the South West, no issue. But if you come to protest in Yoruba land, your body may not be claimed by your family and will be given mass burial for good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by otipoju(m): 3:48am On Jul 25, 2023
Acekidc4:
Am not saying Nigerians should not Protest, but don't turn your Protest in Anarchy. That's where we will have big problem if you do........... Peaceful Protest,no destroying of things.

I would love for you to go to a protest ground and tell hungry abd frustrated people this face to face...so that you can show them the big problem that you have in you.
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Randy111(m): 4:53am On Jul 25, 2023
Acekidc4:
Am not saying Nigerians should not Protest, but don't turn your Protest in Anarchy. That's where we will have big problem if you do........... Peaceful Protest,no destroying of things.

Endsars. Who turned it to anarchy in lekki tollgate? Who called in the military to kill unarmed protesters?
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by dbestuncle: 5:23am On Jul 25, 2023
I think it is Lagos and because na Yoruba turn now, the Yoruba people of southwest ain't thinking of protest.

Tizmamoney:
Good one. We join soon. Na Edo dey start most of the protests that do happen in Nigeria. The Heartbeat of the Nation
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Global2000: 5:28am On Jul 25, 2023
Who are you?. Is obvious you are on the other side. You are not among the majority.
Acekidc4:
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Tizmamoney: 5:52am On Jul 25, 2023
Emekaonline:

As long as you dont bring your protest to the South West, no issue. But if you come to protest in Yoruba land, your body may not be claimed by your family and will be given mass burial for good.
Cowards always issuing out unattainable treats
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Bolaji1996: 6:06am On Jul 25, 2023
Na people we dey always say they are rich, they cannot suffer. Dem go say only APC supporters are poor people wey go suffer am. undecided

Money don finish
online millionaires grin
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Hanndye: 6:23am On Jul 25, 2023
Lettng the poor to breathe is a must.
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 25, 2023
If the people are feeling the brunt, they have every right to protest. Democracy is all about the people, work of government in power, is to use the national revenue and resources, to cater for the people...not to use the money on themselves.
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by treatise: 6:41am On Jul 25, 2023
Let the polithiiefians suffocate
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by bigwig071(m): 6:42am On Jul 25, 2023
E dey always start from edo just like end sars
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Pacyrus(m): 6:54am On Jul 25, 2023
Tizmamoney:
You can say that again.
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Ezmans: 7:08am On Jul 25, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:
Citizens under the aegis of "Edo Civil Society Organisations" took to the streets to protest the seemingly unending hike of petrol prices.

Despite the disparity in the petrol price across the nation after NNPCL announced increase in pump price to N537 per litre on May 31, a further increment in July took the cost to as high as N617 per litre.

Aggrieved citizens in Edo State took placards in what appears to be the firsts of these protests in the country. Twitter user, Ijeoma Osamor, who shared videos and pictures of the protest said
The protest has started in Benin City, Edo state Capital... "Let the poor breathe,"

Some of the placards bore the inscriptions:

"Reduce cost in governance not increasing fuel price"

"We say No to constant increment in PMS"

"FG fix our refineries"

https://twitter.com/IjeOsamor/status/1683395909172834304?t=_fxzPDznePc1ZblnopKR2g&s=19
I love people from old Bendel so much they are fearless people indeed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by KonTagiousBull: 7:09am On Jul 25, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:
Citizens under the aegis of "Edo Civil Society Organisations" took to the streets to protest the seemingly unending hike of petrol prices.

Despite the disparity in the petrol price across the nation after NNPCL announced increase in pump price to N537 per litre on May 31, a further increment in July took the cost to as high as N617 per litre.

Aggrieved citizens in Edo State took placards in what appears to be the firsts of these protests in the country. Twitter user, Ijeoma Osamor, who shared videos and pictures of the protest said
The protest has started in Benin City, Edo state Capital... "Let the poor breathe,"

Some of the placards bore the inscriptions:

"Reduce cost in governance not increasing fuel price"

"We say No to constant increment in PMS"

"FG fix our refineries"

https://twitter.com/IjeOsamor/status/1683395909172834304?t=_fxzPDznePc1ZblnopKR2g&s=19

Edo no dey carry last...always setting the pace for the whole the idiots.
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by MrBroke(m): 7:20am On Jul 25, 2023
Let the poor breathe let the rich suffocate grin
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by jamesversion: 7:23am On Jul 25, 2023
Jonegonu:
Sponsored crowd. Subsidy is gone. In Senegal fuel is sold $1.68 per liter they have not kill their government, while in nigeria fuel is sold for $0.74 per liter and you guys are here shouting.

Does Senegal have crude oil like Nigeria? Instead of you to compare Nigeria with OPEC member States.
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by just2endowed: 7:30am On Jul 25, 2023
Acekidc4:

Politicians will send thugs to disrupt the protest
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by John4B: 7:43am On Jul 25, 2023
haybhi1:
Way to go. Tinubu isn't considering us. These flagrant policies aren't what I voted for when I voted him.

Ugbua ka bu ututu!
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by JONSYN7154: 8:26am On Jul 25, 2023
Edo no be Lagos.

We dey behind Una
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by spiceadole: 8:28am On Jul 25, 2023
haybhi1:
Way to go. Tinubu isn't considering us. These flagrant policies aren't what I voted for when I voted him.

This is the beginning of thunder that will fire you and your generation unborn.

You haven't seen anything yet
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by benitwater(m): 8:31am On Jul 25, 2023
chrisxxx:

Bros no be waste of time. It is the incipient stage of fire. Soon it will get to developing and then developed. Just sit and watch.
it won't get to that stage before the situation will be arrested.
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by riczy(m): 8:36am On Jul 25, 2023
BiafraAburi:
Fools are protesting. Any Igbo that joins them deserves to be shot at site.
What made d protesters fools? Is trying to make a system work tribal?
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by SOFTSKILL: 8:40am On Jul 25, 2023
Abujaexpress:
It's not surprising. Edo is the headquarters of Labour and home to formost labour leaders in Nigeria:
1. Pa Michael Imoudu
2. Adam Oshiomole
3. Peter Esele
4. Peter Akpatason
5. Among several others
6. The Institute of Labour Studies is located in Edo State

The Institute you mentioned is in Kwara State
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Theoarhics: 8:54am On Jul 25, 2023
uote author=favor914 post=124635623] Tell Godwin Obaseki to let the poor breathe, nothing dey happen for Edo state.

You want to blame Tinubu for your woes?, Governor you voted for Pdp, President you voted for The Labor Parry, Then the Hypocrites, want us to believe that Tinubu is the person that made Edo State miserable. [/quote]

Tinubu has made Nigerians including yourself miserable. Obaseki is part of the problem w have in Edo state but he is not the one that control federal roads and not the one that control the price of fuel. He didn't stupidly increase it unlike Tinubu who does things hypocritical and senselesslly.
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by vikyno(m): 9:15am On Jul 25, 2023
Edo/Delta no dey carry last. Remember the ENDSARS protest started from Delta State as well.

The reason they are know as the ''Heartbeat of the Nation'' and ''The Big Heart'' respectively.
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by Johans2023: 9:44am On Jul 25, 2023
Acekidc4:

Which Anarchy you dey?? I pity you, you go just collect live bullet for body and nothing go happen.
I wish you know who you are talking with
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by LLMG: 10:53am On Jul 25, 2023
so you are one of the stupid people that voted for the demonic party.
haybhi1:
Re: "Let The Poor Breathe" - Protesters Hit The Streets In Edo State by LLMG: 11:13am On Jul 25, 2023
govt policies indeed, policies meant to milk the masses to further enrich the already rich abi. Do the politicians deserve the amount they allocate to themselves, their allowances alone can give jobs to thousands of jobless youths roaming the streets. they just create insecurity everywhere with their greed and insensitivity. their nonchalant attitude is very annoying
laurel03:
National Orientation Agency is useless in Nigeria... We need good orientation of some govt policy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kano Under Attack: Multiple Bomb Blasts & Gunfights / Didi Ukpo, Buhari's Female Fan Changes Tune In One Year ( Photos ) / Anti-Igbo Song Calling For Genocide In Circulation In Northern Nigeria - Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.