Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. (5034 Views)

My Aunty Always Comes Into My Room Without Excuse / Help! There's Something Strange In My Room / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Zubby2005(m): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2023
Hello everyone, I'm Chibueze Clinton AKA Zubby2005
I made a post regarding the transformation on 6th july of my single room to look standard to my taste, I promised to make a second post for the full photos and details regarding the decoration process.
So far its been approximately 20 days since i started the project and i have made a huge progress, The whole process took me less that 7 days to finish but i was waiting for a perfect time to show y'all my masterpiece
I'll start afresh with cost and photos attached below them, Enjoy....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by CuriousCart: 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2023
Paying for renovation in this Tinubu economy should be classified as a terrorist act when people will kill to have a roof over their head.

2 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Zubby2005(m): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2023
The first step i took was to screed the walls as the old paint were falling off, another alternative was to scrap the old paint off which would have cost a lot of money and time.
Screeding my room was partially a miscellaneous as it was not planned ahead, i had to consider it because of my Satin paint

The screeding costs:
POP paint: 3,100*3 = 9,300
POP cement = 7,200
Extra half cement = 3,600
Top bond 2kg = 5,000
Top bond 1kg= 2,700
Sampaper = 200
Miscellaneous = 2,000
Labour = 28,000(Walls and Ceiling)
Below are photos before screeding the walls

3 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Zubby2005(m): 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2023
I made a tough decision to remove the ceiling fan and put a standing fan to screed it, Also had to remove the batting/tyrod to make it super neat
Below are the photos after the screeding process was done

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Zubby2005(m): 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2023
After screeding the next step was painting the walls
My satin paint was locally made that's why it was cheaper grin grin

Now we over to the Painting cost:
Satin paint(half bucket) = 20,000
miscellaneous = 3,500
Paint brush = 200
Matt paint(small) = 6,000
sampaper = 200
Labour = 5,000
Total = 34,900
Painting + Screeding =
34,900 + 58,000 = 92,900
Below are the photos attached of the painting progress

3 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by pocohantas(f): 5:32pm On Jul 25, 2023
A nice space is therapeutic. It makes you enjoy staying in your house and you'll look forward to coming home. I am a lover of neat and nice looking spaces. I will spend my last card on my space. It pays me than buying wig or alcohol.cheesy

You kept us waiting, Zubby.

Please fire down!

There is nothing wrong with doing the wall and ceiling only to put those furniture in the room like some people are insinuating. You fix the major things first. Then follow it up with the furniture. That way you don't have to get a lot out of the way to repaint, you can easily know what furniture fits and you see the beauty once it is in.

Humans are insatiable. If he puts big furniture first, some of you would still complain of the environment. The guy is obviously not a dunce. He would do the rest with time.

Go and do your own and allow a teenager breef!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Zubby2005(m): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2023
pocohantas:
A nice space is therapeutic. It makes you enjoy staying in your house and you'll look forward to coming home. I am a lover of neat and nice looking spaces. I will spend my last card on my space. It pays me than buying wig or alcohol. cheesy cheesy

Please fire down!
I got the idea to screed the ceiling from you btw, Thanks

5 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by pocohantas(f): 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2023
Zubby2005:

I got the idea to screed the ceiling from you btw, Thanks

You are most welcome. I am here for the ceiling. Some people think it would fall, at least they would see it didn't and wouldn't fall. Haha! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Zubby2005(m): 5:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
After everything, I cleaned the room
You won't even recognize it from the start, I'll attached before and after photos at the end of the post
Below are photos after cleaning it

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Zubby2005(m): 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2023
I added my window net = 2,100
Total = 95,000
Photos...

3 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Nemesis0147(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2023
Nice one but you for try do bed stand and wardrobe…but na small small sha
Kudos
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by henrimoto(m): 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2023
pocohantas:

A nice space is therapeutic. It makes you enjoy staying in your house and you'll look forward to coming home.
I am a lover of neat and nice looking spaces. I will spend my last card on my space. It pays me than buying wig or alcohol.cheesy

Please fire down!
... Hmnnn.
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Zubby2005(m): 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2023
After everything, I brought in my ngwo ngwo to enjoy my room
Below are photos of my little space after moving in
Cost of the bedspread and pillow are added too
Pillows 2 * 3,000 = 6,000
Bed Spread = 5,500
Total = 11,500 + 95,000 = 101,500

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Xammie001(m): 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2023
I'M WAITING
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by pocohantas(f): 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2023
henrimoto:
... Hmnnn.

Yes, some people are always running out of their houses because they are bored or ashamed of it. but they spend more on nkwobi and ashawo gown. Some girls would go to man's house and refuse to go home because of washing machine and DSTV. Some, once they enter your house and see white light, they will start TikTok videos. But she hold iPhone for hand and buys organic cream every month. I think it is all about priorities, but a neat and beautiful home impacts on your energy.

There are also some people that think these things are expensive. Threads like this gives them a guide to the process.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Twoclans(f): 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2023
What is with all those beer bottle in your compound abeg,do you reside within a beer parlour environment?

That aside the cleaned space looks okay,your next investment should be to get your mattress off the floor.

2 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by pocohantas(f): 5:59pm On Jul 25, 2023
Twoclans:
What is with all those beer bottle in your compound abeg,do you reside within a beer parlour environment?

That aside the cleaned space looks okay,your next investment should be to get your mattress off the floor.

His mum has a beer parlour. It is their family house. I guess the peer parlour is facing the front

2 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Zubby2005(m): 6:01pm On Jul 25, 2023
The wires giving me electricity before was messed, i had to run another cable, cost listed below
Partless box 4 * 400 = 1,600
Socket = 350
1.5mm wire(15 yards) * 400 = 6,000
Concrete nail. = 200
Clip = 500
RGB Nightlight = 9,000
Office table Furniture= 24,000
I did not put normal bulb cause i don't fancy it
My mom adviced me not to buy wardrobe and other furnitures for some reasons

Total = 41,650 + 101,500 = 143,150

7 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Zubby2005(m): 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2023
Last photos

I'll show photos before after and during the whole process next

6 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Twoclans(f): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2023
pocohantas:

His mum has a beer parlour. It is their family house. I guess the peer parlour is facing the front

Ohhhhhh I see,because I know most people will not want to reside in the same compound with a beer parlour business.Too risky and stressful.
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Zubby2005(m): 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2023
THE BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE WHOLE PROCESS
Would you recognize it?

7 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Zonefree(m): 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2023
Nice one.

Please don't allow any girl to monopolize the room.

14 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by pocohantas(f): 6:19pm On Jul 25, 2023
Twoclans:

Ohhhhhh I see,because I know most people will not want to reside in the same compound with a beer parlour business.Too risky and stressful.

What if the person loves beer and pepper soup? Anyone they don't sell. They will share for tenants.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by pocohantas(f): 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2023
The wires giving me electricity before was messed, i had to run another cable, cost listed below
Socket = 350
Concrete nail. = 200
Clip = 500
RGB Nightlight = 9,000

Anyone that has to do this same process and intends to wire should have the electrician come at the same time they are screeding. That way they can create a path for the wires and cover it up with cement. You get cleaner walls (i.e) conduit wiring. Hopefully no one tries to nail the wall (wire), but it should be common sense that wire is in there. grin grin

Xmen149:

Alternatively he can use white trunking and leave it white if the wall colour is white or paint it same as wall colour.

You can be artistic with the trunking too to give industrial plain feel

True! I totally forgot trunking. Though I don't like it. Except they are smart enoigh to place it at the edges. Not running it through the center of the wall. Thanks for this.

5 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by doggedfighter(f): 6:35pm On Jul 25, 2023
pocohantas:

Anyone that has to do this same process and intends to wire should have the electrician come at the same time they are screeding. That way they can create a path for the wires and cover it up with cement. You get cleaner walls (i.e) conduit wiriring. Hopefully no one tries to nail the wall (wire), but it should be common sense that wire is in there. grin grin

As it is now, What can be done? The wire is looking somehow in my eyes.

I am sure you will come up with how it can be remedied.

How you know all these things beats me.

3 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by doggedfighter(f): 6:45pm On Jul 25, 2023
Zubby2005:
Socket = 350
Concrete nail. = 200
Clip = 500
RGB Nightlight = 9,000
I did not put normal bulb cause i don't fancy it
My mom adviced me not to buy wardrobe and other furnitures for some reasons

Total = 41,650 + 101,500 = 143,150

The transformation is refreshing.

Can't believe it's the same almost dilapidated room.

Wow !

I am inspired.

5 Likes

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by pocohantas(f): 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2023
doggedfighter:

They can open up the wall, push the wires in, cover with cement and repaint. It is just better to do everything at the same time. If you intend to rewire, have the electrician come at the same time or come first sef. Just a small hole to accomodate the the wire (in a pipe).

I intended telling him that day, but e for be like I done start my oversabi. Na this kind thing dey make me quick drop update. I hate had I known...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by superCleanworks(m): 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2023
doggedfighter:

you can still break the wall and do the conduit then close & screed again. a little more expense so you can have your peace of mind because as long as the wires bother you then you will never be satisfied. Just Do It ✅
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by Stevenbright(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
doggedfighter:

Paint it over since he mostly still have some paint.

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by henrimoto(m): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2023
pocohantas:

Yes, some people are always running out of their houses because they are bored or ashamed of it. but they spend more on nkwobi and ashawo gown. Some girls would go to man's house and refuse to go home because of washing machine and DSTV. Some, once they enter your house and see white light, they will start TikTok videos. But she hold iPhone for hand and buys organic cream every month.
I think it is all about priorities, but a neat and beautiful home impacts on your energy.
priorities ke, abi na low mentality level.

There are also some people that think these things are expensive. Threads like this gives them a guide to the process.
This last bolded part is one of the ARTIFICIAL hindrances we create for ourselves.

You have said it all Nne.

1 Like

Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by doggedfighter(f): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2023
pocohantas:

They can open up the wall, push the wires in, cover with cement and repaint. It is just better to do everything at the same time. If you intend to rewire, have the electrician come at the same time or come first sef.

I intended telling him that day, but e for be like I done start my oversabi. Na this kind thing deu make me quick drop update. I hate had I known...

Now he will have to spend a little more.
Your oversabi saves time and cost.

Okay, that wall should be opened that's the only comma I can see

Other than that, it's a great job.

superCleanworks:

you can still break the wall and do the conduit then close & screed again. a little more expense so you can have your peace of mind because as long as the wires bother you then you will never be satisfied. Just Do It ✅

Same thing pocohantas suggested.

I agree

Just do it grin
Re: My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. by doggedfighter(f): 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2023
Stevenbright:

Paint it over since he mostly still have some paint.

Then it won't be smooth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Could '4:30 Eyes' Be Hereditary? / Please Give Me Another Chance To Live Again / Do You Let Your Kids Bathe Themselves?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.